REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 04-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #1
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Dr. Dre Solo's

What do you guys think about them?
I'm planning to buy a black pair to enjoy my music with but I'm not sure if it's worth the money.

Give me your feedback about these headphones!

Oh right if you could give me any other suggestions on what kind of headphones I should buy that would be great
Advertisement
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,198 Times in 2,277 Posts
They are NOT worth the money. These headphones are more like an accessary than actually using them to listen to music.
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #3

Earlier I told to search up a brand called "Fanny Wangs". I know it sounds weird, but from the feedback video I've watched, it seems really good and they're also cheaper than beats and apparently the sound quality is better although it does look a lot like monster beats by dre..

Monster sued but lost the case because it was considered frivolous but Fanny Wang was not violating any pattence....

Last edited by guurl; 04-01-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #4
F30
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I got Dr. Dre Beats and really like them.

Expensive but the quality of music is just superb. Keep in mind that what I like and what you like may be very different when it comes to sound quality.
'04 Acura MDX Touring Black (sold)
'98 Honda Civic SI coupe Silver (sold)
F30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #5

Are Dre's solo's easy to break? I saw a video of some guy breaking them just by wearing them on and off a couple of times and it also made me worry and think twice about getting a pair of solo's which is why I made a thread to see other peoples feedback
Old 04-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

They're not worth the money and they break very easily especially if you have a large head. This is coming from someone who got the Studios for less than the price of the Solos and still didn't think it was worth that much. The 'superb' sound quality ppl always talk about comes from the thumping bass + sound separation, which can be found in $70-100 headphones.

If you don't mind buying online, I'd suggest these

http://www.amazon.com/Phiaton-MS-400-Headphones-Closed-Ear/dp/B001EUE6AK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1301679874&sr=8-1
Phiatons aren't available locally, but sound quality will be much much better and they look awesome as well.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:12 AM   #7
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
stay away from them,my brother has a pair of Beat's and they sound like overpriced garbage...

it was lacking mid range and the bass was so overdone i can only hear it with the treble,i don't know about you but i hated it,i want to hear every detail of music in full

i have a pair of sennheister's and it sounds like the music is on the floor with you,then just playing in a pair of ugly cheap sounding headphones with the beats....Your paying for the name Brand Monster & not the quality of the product.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #8
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,390 Times in 3,470 Posts
Go with these:

Old 04-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #9
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

I find the sound so "muffled" on the Dre's. Sure it has more bass than the average $30 headphones, but at the $200+ price range, I'd expect more than just bass.

I ended up buying AKG K518 for way less money ($100) and I think they sound better in every way. Good bass, and a way wider range. Music sounds so much more "alive". Although the K518s are more durable, they don't look as nice as the Dre's - but I'm not wearing headphones as a fashion accessory.

My only complaint about the AKG K518 is that they fit pretty tight on my head and don't fold quite as nicely as other headphones.

To Summarize: I researched headphones for a while before pulling the trigger. I was willing to spend up to $300 on something I liked, and after trying numerous headphones, I ended up buying a $100 pair and am happier with them than any headphone I tried.
Eclypz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #10
lol
Need my Daily Fix of RS

lol is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #11

i'm looking for headphones that aren't too big but also has a decent style to it. i really like the dr. dre's design, but its really expensive and i heard the material was crap
Old 04-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #12
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,459 Times in 991 Posts
they're super nice but they break easy and the white ones discolor quickly.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #13
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

am i the only one who thinks dre beats are ugly?
every time i see someone wearing a set, i shudder.

i guess style/looks is subjective.
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:27 PM   #14

Step 1. Go to Futureshop
Step 2. Buy
Step 3. Try for 30 days
Step 4. ??????
Step 5. Your answer
_Hotsauce_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #15
Banned (ABWS)

I don't think so . I heard it's not a solid piece of equipment and secondly the price is outrageous . Everyone differs , if you are willing to spend a great deal of money for headphones sure . Just take really good care of them since they tend to break very easily .
ConCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #16
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Hotsauce_ View Post
Step 1. Go to Futureshop
Step 2. Buy
Step 3. Try for 30 days
Step 4. ??????
Step 5. Your answer
30 day return FTW! Spent almost a month exchanging headphones until i ended up with one i like (Shure 750s). That being said, FS/BB really doenst much options in terms of good headphones..

I posted this in the Noise cancelling headphone thread, but i'll post it here again from personal experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff19 View Post
Update: bought the qc15's had them for a week or so and just couldn't get over how the sq & a-nc were worth 3 bills. Returned them and finally decided to try a "real headphone". Just so happend the Shure SRH750s were on sale for $130 at best buy so decided to pick one up.

Lemme just say, I will never spend my money on another overhyped overmarketed pair of headphones. At half the price, the Shures completely blow away any of the headphones ive ever tried. I'm no audiophile myself, but the mids are extremely rich, bass has a perfect amount of tightness and punch to them, separation of instruments are out of this world. Pretty much any genre ive thrown at it has been amazing. Even if the bose/beats were $100, i don't think their sq would even come close to any "pro/dj" headphones. I now know why the audiophiles (head-fi) hate on beats/bose so much now. They are truly overpriced lol.

That being said, I'm still deciding on returning the Shures due to comfortability and lack of portability, which is gonna be hard cuz the sound quality is just NUTS, music just seems..more alive than any beats i've listend to. I'll be looking into real audio brands from now on once you've listened to music from real headphones, u wont go back. Don't fall for marketing hype!!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #17
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,390 Times in 3,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Hotsauce_ View Post
Step 1. Go to L&M and Tom Lee
Step 2. listen
Step 3. Buy the ones you like
Fixed.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #18
Why'd you do that for?

Honestly it depends what you like. If you wanna go for sound quality, then these are not for you, you can definitely get something with better quality for similar or less price. Buy it if your concern about branding and style
rk604 is offline   Reply With Quote