REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 04-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Local Dry Cleaning Recommendations

Anyone have a recommended spot they take their suits for a dry cleaning? I've never gone to one before and I'm assuming there's going to be certain stores to avoid as well. Vancouver/Burnaby area would be a plus.
Advertisement
Old 07-26-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Bump, come on, members must have some good recommendations. I find the places I've tried in Kits are over priced, looking for a deal since I want to get ~10 pieces (pants, shirts) done.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
I've always gone to the one in the IGA plaza on Main and.... I wanna say 13th?
I never had a problem with them..

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_x View Post
I've always gone to the one in the IGA plaza on Main and.... I wanna say 13th?
I never had a problem with them..
Do you know their prices?

I had a place in Ottawa that did shirts for $3 and pants for $5, yet the few I have visited in Vancouver are ~$5 for shirts and ~$10 for pants. I found a place near Kits beach that does shirts for $3.15 according to their website, going to check them out this week.

I was hoping to find a cheap mom/pop shop in Richmond I could drop off at on my way to work.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,436 Times in 4,279 Posts
I get my dry cleaning done at Fletchers Fabricare

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #6
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I get my dry cleaning done at Fletchers Fabricare
That was the first place I tried cause I could walk there... until I got the bill.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,436 Times in 4,279 Posts
It depends on what kind of clothing you're getting dry cleaned. If your shirts are 100% cotton, yeah, I'd take them there and request no chemicals/starch & hand iron only.

If you have a shirt consisting of a blend of materials (synthetic and natural fibres) in all honesty, it doesn't matter where you go other than to stick with the rule where cheaper is better.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:59 PM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
It depends on what kind of clothing you're getting dry cleaned. If your shirts are 100% cotton, yeah, I'd take them there and request no chemicals/starch & hand iron only.

If you have a shirt consisting of a blend of materials (synthetic and natural fibres) in all honesty, it doesn't matter where you go other than to stick with the rule where cheaper is better.
I don't think I own anything 100% cotton, and none of my shirts are more than $35 as I usually buy them on sale. I hate spending a lot to clean them cause I can usually just pick up a couple shirts the next time a store has a 50% off sale, which seems like every month now.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

Found a killer deal, waiting till Tues to see results: $2.50/shirt on a hanger if you get 10 shirts done, 4 day turnaround.

Cambie Plaza, #5 and Cambie rd in Richmond.

I'll report back on Tues when I pickup to see how well they were cleaned. I'm not expecting the best, yet I don't have a lot of light coloured shirts that discolour, so they just really need to smell clean and I'm happy.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:47 AM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

Update:

Shirts are clean and nicely pressed, no damage. I'd give it a 8/10 for cleaning, could have been a little better. Most of the discolourations are gone, and the rest might be from me leaving it so long between dry cleanings. At $2.50 I'll get them done more often so they won't get a chance to discolour as much.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #11
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,123 Posts
I live in Central Burnaby and for the past year or so, I've been taking my shirts and pants to Tuesday's on Kingsway just west of Royal Oak. They're not the cheapest place, but the service is relatively prompt (3-day turnaround usually) and the cleaning is above-average. Almost all of my shirts and pants are entirely natural fibres (wool or linen for pants, cotton for shirts), so shirts tend to be in the $3-4 range and pants probably double that.

A place I used to go to, but now avoid is Busy Bee on First and Nanaimo in East Van. They ruined an off-white corduroy blazer of mine by using some kind of chemical which discoloured one cuff and one lapel.

The biggest issue for me is managing buildup on collars and cuffs. I find that conventional laundry detergent and my washing machine are simply not good enough, so for shirts I actually wear to the office, I'm forced to get them cleaned professionally.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

bump anyone kno a good place to dry clean my dussault hoody, and a couple suits. how much would the cost be around? tia
lucky07 is offline   Reply With Quote