REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #51
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
because life is not 50/50 ever...what does beautiful have to do with it? everything....attractive people always get more than they deserve Vs ugly people...more so for females...if you a smoking hot 21yr old female, you soon realize you can get almost anything you want from a some stupid fuck that will do anything to be with you. Once a woman or man realize this, they know they have the power. This only works if one party is allot more attractive than the other. No one said it fair...but this is Vancouver.

Why do you think all guys want to make it big? so they can enjoy the fruits of their labour....cars, houses, chicks, etc.

"50/50 doesn't have to be money"...but everything you quoted; rent, groceries, dining out are all about money???

Now, if two ugly people get together that is a different story, they will be soul mates because they know they are lucky as fuck to find anyone period....
Maybe, because I am not ugly, I don't see it that way.. But I also don't expect a girl to bend over backwards just to be with me because I am "too good" for her.

I am finding it very difficult explaining my points to you. Some men may feel like all they have to offer is money because they lack at other things to gain a woman's attention. For me, I would never want to be with a girl that was not independent and did not have a job etc. I don't want a daddy's little girl rich bitch spoiled brat. If a girl cannot appreciate me for who I am, then like I said earlier, I don't give a fuck. On that note, I have never had problems getting a gf.

yes, rent, groceries, etc all cost money. As I stated, my gf and I split everything to the tee. It may sometimes be 48/52 or 40/60 but shit, now you are just being picky.

The world, and Vancouver can be a very materialistic place, and there are tonnes of men that use their money to get women, and women that go after men with money.. I am not denying that, I am just saying that will never be me.

And you do realize ugly-average looking people make up the majority of the population.... so that means, with your theory, most people will be soul mates.


If I was rich, I would buy nice cars, clothes etc for ME, not anyone else. I could care what other people think about whether I have a Mazzerati or a Porsche. Imo, I am not in High school anymore and could give 2 shits what other people thought about me due to what I wear or drive.

btw, how old are you?

Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #52
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,210
Thanked 1,410 Times in 521 Posts
blueg2, I am old....... Thxs for clarifiying some of your pts....makes sense. I think our rating scale is off....I think Vancouver as a whole is a very attractive and cosmopolitian group....girls more so than boys. So, when I mean ugly, I mean 1-3 scale (aka soulmates, due to no choice)...to me 4-6s are your avg downtown office girl
__________________
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
10 AMV8 6sp manual
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #53
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
blueg2, I am old....... Thxs for clarifiying some of your pts....makes sense. I think our rating scale is off....I think Vancouver as a whole is a very attractive and cosmopolitian group....girls more so than boys. So, when I mean ugly, I mean 1-3 scale (aka soulmates, due to no choice)...to me 4-6s are your avg downtown office girl
I think our scales are the same, lol. I agree with your numbering scale haha.. And like I said, there are very attractive women who are independent etc.. but most, unfortunately will use their looks to their advantage. Those are the ones that will either get told to eff off or get grounded by me.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #54
Banned (ABWS)
 
Walperstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The Wack
Posts: 889
Thanked 60 Times in 33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I find prostitution offensive, not because it's morally or ethically wrong, but because I'm putting every bit of time and energy I have into university and that's partially motivated by the promise of a high future income potential. Any half decent piece of ass can spread her legs on craigslist and earn three times what I'll make with my future degree while having sex though, fuck. If I were a girl not only would I be making $300 an hour, but I'd be driving an M3 cabriolet instead of a Civic.
So how do you feel about someone like me who has little post secondary education, whom works in the Oil Industry working 12 hour shifts making $450/day?

I think prostitution is wrong, same with burning fossil fuels, but its there, and there is obviously buyers!
Walperstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #55
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,210
Thanked 1,410 Times in 521 Posts
^ so true......I like your comment about fossil fuels.....
__________________
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
10 AMV8 6sp manual
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #56
rsx
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once
 
rsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,223
Thanked 3,381 Times in 805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I find prostitution offensive, not because it's morally or ethically wrong, but because I'm putting every bit of time and energy I have into university and that's partially motivated by the promise of a high future income potential. Any half decent piece of ass can spread her legs on craigslist and earn three times what I'll make with my future degree while having sex though, fuck. If I were a girl not only would I be making $300 an hour, but I'd be driving an M3 cabriolet instead of a Civic.
University = instant higher income is an illusion. The job market is insanely competitive, a degree is pretty much equal to a high school diploma nowadays.
How many MBA's, CA's are out there right now and you want to compete with just a degree? No chance.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #57
How I Mod your mother
 
!Yaminashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Crayon Box
Posts: 13,671
Thanked 968 Times in 474 Posts
I thought it was common knowledge that these days its not what you know or what you have, its WHO you know that gets the high paying jobs
Posted via RS Mobile
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 04:50 PM   #58
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Richmond, BC
Posts: 4,694
Thanked 239 Times in 94 Posts
For those of you who are splitting 50/50, are you and your SO making equivalent money? What if one person makes significantly more than the other (e.g. 2x-3x more)?
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:57 PM   #59
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyzy View Post
For those of you who are splitting 50/50, are you and your SO making equivalent money? What if one person makes significantly more than the other (e.g. 2x-3x more)?
i can't comment on that as we both make similar amounts.. but even if there was a large discrepency, you both have to live the same kind of lifestyle to be compatible.. if i made 3x more than my sig other, what are the chances of us being together if i was a big spender and very materialistic when she was very simple and frugal? She would be happy going on movie date nights and cooking dinner at home, while i wanted to go on vacation every month and spend money like piss.

Again, there is a difference between a male who works and supports his family while the wife works at home or works part time because she has to have time to look after kids, and a guy who constantly buys his SO expensive shit, just so she sticks around and gives him sex. The latter is basically paying for sex, while the first is supporting a family in which he chose he wanted.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-29-2011, 04:11 AM   #60
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,360
Thanked 5,347 Times in 1,407 Posts
.
__________________
nipples neways...wat is with those fuck'n asians! i mean you would think they've never seen a dentist in their life. are dentists really that rare over there in ricey ricey and? looks like they're star trek ferrengi rejects! fuck'n have broken glass for teeth! goddaymn! and the smell....did a rat crawl in there and shit itself then marinate in its own shit as it decayed?ewwwwwwwwww! i swear...if one of those ferrengi asian girls gave head...when u pull the dick out it looks like it went thru a meat grinder! prolly shaved off a few slices of meat! *shudder*
Greebo i t-boned some guy and killed their baby, it was funny
silvia i have a couple asian guy friends that do very well with the ladies. but guess what, they go to the gym, they dont have long hair, they dont wear orange pants, and they dont play counterstrike. its not the ethnicity that the girls dont like, its the style and personality.
450HP Supra I am about to use your eye sockets as a shoe rack for my nuts. ...something about chinks, j-bodys, I can't quite remember as I was drunk and looking for a girl to punch in the clit. Think of it as a digital urinal, and you are the mint, except, instead of actually smelling mint, you smell like mothballs, rotten kimchee and virginity. I'm about to start drinking heavily now and you better be gone before I get back or I swear to god I will break the internet over my knee and use the pieces to beat you in the deformed skull with, cock muffler.
Iceman-19 If your gf cooks and cleans, good, tell the guy to take a fucking hike. If she doesnt, fuck, that joker can have her. Lifes too short to cook your own meals and do your own laundry, thats what women are for!
http://ho316.tumblr.com

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 01-29-2015 at 11:26 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #61
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,210
Thanked 1,410 Times in 521 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
University = instant higher income is an illusion. The job market is insanely competitive, a degree is pretty much equal to a high school diploma nowadays.
How many MBA's, CA's are out there right now and you want to compete with just a degree? No chance.
no chance Vs MBA's and CA's? actually they have no chance if they have minimal work experience and no track record of proven performance.....great work experience at a tier one company is more valuable than any designation behind your name.
__________________
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 GTS with Aerokit Cup
10 AMV8 6sp manual
16 Audi Q3 Technik Pkg (S Line)
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:04 AM   #62
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
yo how did this conversation go from prostitution, to expensive accessory girlfriend type.

they're two completely different things.

one is someone you pay for a session, or X amount of time, it is not inclusive, she has other clients, and there is her main source of income, that is her profession. theoretically she has to pay tax.

one is someone where, at your status (with a lot of money), can pay for a woman, who doesnt think of herself as a prostitute to stick around you. she's usually really hot, and a head turner, and basically a male's accessory, much like how a woman has a nice handbag, a guy can have a nice car or female around him all the time. both paid for, and exclusively his. there's a big difference.

what makes someone a prostitute isn't just the monetary fact.

it might be paying for sex if you make 100grand a year and 30% your money is going to her just so she sticks around.

what if i made 30 million dollars a year, and it costs me 100 000 dollars to keep her around (not a fee, but calculated from all the expensive things you've bought her or vacations etc whatever, money that is spend towards her). 0.034% of his income goes towards her. it's a very different scenario.

like I said, a very complex form of accessorizing yourself.
but the fact that she is with you ONLY because of your money, makes it very similar to prostitution. Like an escort, you are paying for company.. no money, no company/sex.

And who says she is just with you... The bitch is probably sucking some other geezers million dolla cock!
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #63
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
no chance Vs MBA's and CA's? actually they have no chance if they have minimal work experience and no track record of proven performance.....great work experience at a tier one company is more valuable than any designation behind your name.
it is to the point where university Bachelor's degree aren't as valued as before because everyone has one, true. I think it is more apparent in our generation. Looking at the competitiveness, tuition prices, and the lazy ass kids these days, I wonder how it will be like in 10 years.

but with that said, even employers that don't require a university degree for their positions, will screen out all those who don't have post secondary education just to reduce their candidates.. ie.. police forces... you never needed it in the past, but most agencies are requiring minimum 2 years
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #64
I keep RS good
 
Ulic Qel-Droma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Cosmos
Posts: 28,360
Thanked 5,347 Times in 1,407 Posts
.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 01-29-2015 at 11:26 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #65
RS Veteran
 
Spidey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,773
Thanked 1,264 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
No that's not true, there are billions of men out there.

Take you or me for example, there is someone out there who is just as cool and exactly the same personality wise, except they've got a shit load more money than we do. That's the only diff.

Now a super hot girl knows she can choose between us, or the rich version of us, why wouldn't she choose the rich version of us?

Standards.

Men have standards. And the richer you are, the much higher chance your super high of women standards will be realised. It is vice versa for women. A hot woman will choose the guy with more money, all other morales and values staying the same, just because she can.

It all comes down to $ in any relationship. Your current gf or wife just has a much lower standards pertaining to monetary value. If you went completely broke and had no way of making $, she'd dump your ass instead of being dragged down.

Some women's "broke" line is really high. Just like some guys feel like they're way behind in income even though they made several mill in one year. Different worlds, different class of people. $ does matter.

$ isn't shallow. A woman could actually totally love you for the combination of your personality+money (and if you're missing either or you aren't as attractive)

Just like a woman could love you just for your personality and if you lose that (just like if you lose money) she could become unattracted to you.

I see no difference if a woman wants to leave me because I'm broke, or because my personality/beliefs have changed.

What's worse? A woman leaving me for someone with more money, or a better personality? Lol.
Posted via RS Mobile
if leaving someone for money is acceptable in your standards, then why won't women admit it? i doubt very many women will say "i left him because he makes less money than before"... i know there there's a difference between a man losing all his money and being completely broke than just making less money, but if a woman left a guy because he makes 80gs instead of 200, she can't be considered anything but shallow. Unless she has no job herself, and is a housewife doing dick all to help in the relationships finances, then she is def mooching. Then again, I guess a guy who goes for a girl that DEPENDS on a mans salary is just asking for instability.

I guess whatever floats people's boats... Again, I would never want a woman who didn't have her own career and was not independent.. Even if I was rich or not. Then again, if I became rich now, I know what I know from my lifestyle up until this point. Who knows what values I would have if I was born into riches, knowing I could get pussy just buy what kind of car I drove.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:57 AM   #66
all day, everyday
 
mk1freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 19th hole
Posts: 2,010
Thanked 1,944 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
A friend of a friend went to Vegas for my friends stag.

There were enough chuckles about "what happens in LV, stays in LV" at the wedding and I'm finally like you gotta tell me.

Now, this friend of his was an ugly guy. Damn. Bad hair, bad clothes chubby, stocky, short, bad skin, no social skills you name it. His long term gf was even worse. Boner killer.

I'm sure she had an amazing personality. Sorry, this just in, no, we are getting reports that she didn't even have a personality.

But apparently this guy turned into a fucking stud in Vegas. He had done all the arrangements before hand and picked his girl out over the internet.

One of the brothels picks them up in a limo and they head out into the desert and he gets to nail the fuck out of something in our world on a scale of 1-10 is a 20 in his. Destroys her in his own way.

Walks out like he owns the city.



BBFS shouldn't be on YOUR menu
__________________
My Feedback
mk1freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #67
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
2damaxmr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alpha Centauri
Posts: 1,017
Thanked 103 Times in 62 Posts
fuck bitches get money.
__________________
RS firearm expert
2damaxmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #68
GG
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
GG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 880
Thanked 290 Times in 80 Posts
young money
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:48 PM   #69
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday
 
trip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,426
Thanked 798 Times in 234 Posts
cash money
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #70
ek1
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
ek1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,049
Thanked 22 Times in 13 Posts
ymcmb
__________________
- 2003 Acura EL
- 93 Honda Prelude SRV R.I.P
ek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #71
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: VAncouver
Posts: 930
Thanked 820 Times in 156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
if leaving someone for money is acceptable in your standards, then why won't women admit it? i doubt very many women will say "i left him because he makes less money than before"... i know there there's a difference between a man losing all his money and being completely broke than just making less money, but if a woman left a guy because he makes 80gs instead of 200, she can't be considered anything but shallow. Unless she has no job herself, and is a housewife doing dick all to help in the relationships finances, then she is def mooching. Then again, I guess a guy who goes for a girl that DEPENDS on a mans salary is just asking for instability.

I guess whatever floats people's boats... Again, I would never want a woman who didn't have her own career and was not independent.. Even if I was rich or not. Then again, if I became rich now, I know what I know from my lifestyle up until this point. Who knows what values I would have if I was born into riches, knowing I could get pussy just buy what kind of car I drove.
Chris Rock says it all.

minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2011, 11:10 PM   #72
Blood tests positive for LOL mod
 
Mananetwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: World
Posts: 12,999
Thanked 1,263 Times in 325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
Now, if two ugly people get together that is a different story, they will be soul mates because they know they are lucky as fuck to find anyone period....
I hate to say it but whenever I see an ugly fat girl with a child I wonder, 'Who'd want that!'
__________________
Tomasz Wagner | Mananetwork Photography
Portfolio | Le Fan? | Twitter | Flickr | Tumblr | 500px | Contact me


artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Proud member of G.R.A.P.E -- Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
Mananetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #73
Banned By Establishment
 
Gridlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New West
Posts: 3,998
Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mananetwork View Post
I hate to say it but whenever I see an ugly fat girl with a child I wonder, 'Who'd want that!'
Ambition is the antithesis to success.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #74
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: VAncouver
Posts: 930
Thanked 820 Times in 156 Posts
Here we go. University of Ohio did a study.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle2069222/
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:18 PM   #75
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
wasabisashimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: surrey
Posts: 2,526
Thanked 149 Times in 90 Posts
WE are way off topic, lets not talk about marriage and gf in this thread please
__________________
my feedback
Click here to visit my feedback
wasabisashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net