REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 04:16 AM   #476
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
Krovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Richmond, BC
Posts: 135
Thanked 181 Times in 26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc95 View Post
spotted on se marine drive around 10
For a photoshoot haha.

Advertisement

Last edited by Krovi; 06-16-2012 at 04:36 AM.
Krovi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #477
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
xjc11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 394
Thanked 581 Times in 119 Posts
Spotted stuck in traffic on oak street around 2.
That red side blade is a head turner!
xjc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #478
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB
 
mb_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 6,860
Thanked 5,993 Times in 1,590 Posts
Spotted on Oak turning left onto 41st. Turned left onto 41st as well but the other way
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:37 AM   #479
I want to be a person and not an icon.
 
Vale46Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mugello
Posts: 4,173
Thanked 5,283 Times in 892 Posts
I have to move this here because someone doesn't like me posting in sick cars thread but started like this :







He nicely replied the reason he has that much HP





LOL, what does ASKING SR do for me? Do the same to you and feed me some bullshit story thinking that I know nothing about cars? It only works on people like you that don't understand how modifying cars work.

You do realize HP gain and mods are not Accumulative right?

just because that mod adds 8 and that mods at 12 doesnt make it a 20HP gain total.

I will list out all your mods for you,

25 HP gain for your AWE exhaust, not like your claimed 30.

13 - 17 HP gain for the EVOMS R8 intake

I cant find the filter so I'll copy the 5HP gain.

17 - 20 hp gain for the APR chip, 25 if running 100 OCT but you claimed 35

I can't get info on the Underground racing throttle body, considering they have NEVER made anything for the V8 4.2 and only the V10.

I also don't know where the fuck you get R8 V8 4.2 "lightweight titanium cylinder head"


But lets add some stuff up, 420 BHP + 25 AWE EXHAUST + 17 INTAKE + 5 FILTER + 25 APR CHIP = 492

Ill let you have 40 HP for the rest of the shit you listed which is pretty impossible = 532... still kinda off from your claim....


I will apologize for being an ignorant asshole when you prove it to me and show me dyno sheets.


Also From what I know but I don't know much considering I am not balling enough to own a vehicle like yours and I am happy that you have something that awesome... but I researched in to UGR TT they DO NOT make a turbo charge kit for your r8 v8 4.2

Perhaps all it takes is money and they will get that done for you, and you can shut me up by having your vehicle TT'd at UGR

If they do please do it and prove it so I can shut the fuck up and never doubt you again.


Till then, I can say that you are bullshitting and didn't do enough research before blabbing your mouth off online.

If I were you I'd claim that I was doing a 4.2 TT @ Heffner.


But perhaps you are just a fish of SR and believed everything they said, but heres a life tip, be more cautious what companies "CLAIM" to offer and ask they for proof which could be as simple as a dyno sheet.

But then I am nobody and I don't have the money you have so I can't really teach you how to spend your money.

Again come back with a dyno sheet and I will apologize like a man.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-15-2012, 01:43 AM   #480
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
broken_arrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 814
Thanked 1,360 Times in 315 Posts
I have to get some popcorn

A friend of mine in Toronto has an R8 4.2 with a VF Engineering Supercharger (VF550) and he ONLY has 550 hp with forced induction, so I am curious as to how one can get the 4.2 close to 600 hp with bolt-ons...

Also, you can't just add all modification numbers up and say my car has X hp. I have Dinan exhaust, throttle bodies, pulley, 3.92 Diff, Intake and a Stg. 3 tune and all I gained was 45-50 rwhp, which is roughly 60 crank hp...

The truth is, the Germans do not leave a lot of hp out on the table...

Last edited by broken_arrow; 10-15-2012 at 01:52 AM.
broken_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:47 AM   #481
#savethemanuals
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,755
Thanked 2,232 Times in 860 Posts
Lol 900hp? Hmm doesn't underground only work on the v10 r8?

Sounds like he's just pulling numbers out of the air. Why am I not surprised.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 02:18 AM   #482
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...
 
Redlines_Daily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,482
Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
I have to move this here...
No, you didn't have to move that here...Nobody fucking cares
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:23 AM   #483
I STILL don't get it
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancity
Posts: 465
Thanked 526 Times in 136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
I have to move this here because someone doesn't like me posting in sick cars thread but started like this :







He nicely replied the reason he has that much HP





LOL, what does ASKING SR do for me? Do the same to you and feed me some bullshit story thinking that I know nothing about cars? It only works on people like you that don't understand how modifying cars work.

You do realize HP gain and mods are not Accumulative right?

just because that mod adds 8 and that mods at 12 doesnt make it a 20HP gain total.

I will list out all your mods for you,

25 HP gain for your AWE exhaust, not like your claimed 30.

13 - 17 HP gain for the EVOMS R8 intake

I cant find the filter so I'll copy the 5HP gain.

17 - 20 hp gain for the APR chip, 25 if running 100 OCT but you claimed 35

I can't get info on the Underground racing throttle body, considering they have NEVER made anything for the V8 4.2 and only the V10.

I also don't know where the fuck you get R8 V8 4.2 "lightweight titanium cylinder head"


But lets add some stuff up, 420 BHP + 25 AWE EXHAUST + 17 INTAKE + 5 FILTER + 25 APR CHIP = 492

Ill let you have 40 HP for the rest of the shit you listed which is pretty impossible = 532... still kinda off from your claim....


I will apologize for being an ignorant asshole when you prove it to me and show me dyno sheets.


Also From what I know but I don't know much considering I am not balling enough to own a vehicle like yours and I am happy that you have something that awesome... but I researched in to UGR TT they DO NOT make a turbo charge kit for your r8 v8 4.2

Perhaps all it takes is money and they will get that done for you, and you can shut me up by having your vehicle TT'd at UGR

If they do please do it and prove it so I can shut the fuck up and never doubt you again.


Till then, I can say that you are bullshitting and didn't do enough research before blabbing your mouth off online.

If I were you I'd claim that I was doing a 4.2 TT @ Heffner.


But perhaps you are just a fish of SR and believed everything they said, but heres a life tip, be more cautious what companies "CLAIM" to offer and ask they for proof which could be as simple as a dyno sheet.

But then I am nobody and I don't have the money you have so I can't really teach you how to spend your money.

Again come back with a dyno sheet and I will apologize like a man.
First off let me say, I too strongly doubt Matt is getting 580.
But going crazy with bolt-ons + heads & cams, ~100 hp gain isn't unbelievable.
So he over exaggerated, whats the big fucking deal, he's still pretty believably pushing into the 500's.

More importantly though, it seems like you get off calling this guy out.
What's your problem? Can't stand people who have more money than you? And don't rebuttal that it's his parent's money not his. They give him money, it's his.

You NEVER hear people bitch at lottery winners the way people like you bitch at rich kids.

You'll apologize if he proves to you he's pushing 580? Are you fucking 6 years old? He doesn't have to prove shit to you. If you think he's full of shit, move on with your day and go to another thread. Or tell him you think otherwise.
and I LOVE how you're trying to give him life advice on trusting "claimns" from companies. You think he gives two shits over whether a part he buys gives him +1hp or +2hp? Not everyone dyno's their car after each and every mod. Not everyone needs to know exactly the size of their small penis; trying to grasp at every additional mm. There's nothing wrong with an estimate on what you're pushing.

And for your information you condescending douche; Underground Racing does a lot of custom parts. So a throttle body made for his V8 R8 is more than believable. AND, their TT systems are all custom systems dependent on the customer's car.

From what I've read on this forum, MattZhang; I could take him or leave him. I get why he would rub people wrong way. But you come off way worse than the worse possible interpretation of him.
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:40 AM   #484
I want to be a person and not an icon.
 
Vale46Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mugello
Posts: 4,173
Thanked 5,283 Times in 892 Posts
Actually, this is a car forum, I am calling him out because its not possible.

If he claims it he needs to prove it is that simple.

If he can't back up his claims guess what then he should not have said it in the first place.

I never said I wasn't a condescending douche so that doesn't matter.

There's a big difference between running 500 and 580...

even if it was his money I'd say exactly the same, prove it. No proof it's not true its that simple.

I never bitched as him as a rich kid, I am going by facts that its not possible for his claims.

He actually has to prove it considering he claims it, if not don't put it out to the public to read on a public forum.

If he claims that his car has that HP, I am sure that he has a fucking dyno chart to prove it or how is he going to back up his claim? I'll even gladly pay for his dyno chart if it his 580 like he has claimed it to be.

Underground racing is not going to build him a V8TT unless he pays out of his ass, they made one for the V10 because it was a similar engine to the V10 Lamborghini uses which they already tt'd

The smarter route regardless would go to a company that has done it already and can buy it for install ready to go, drop 30k gets car turbo'd right away with a company that has done it many times.


EDIT:

500 and 580 is a big difference it was obvious he was over exaggerating on purpose.

I am a car enthusiast and would love to know how those numbers are achieved and this is a car forum not for someone to BS and pull numbers out of his ass for E-bragging rights.

Last edited by Vale46Rossi; 10-15-2012 at 02:47 AM.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:15 AM   #485
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: vancouver
Posts: 501
Thanked 441 Times in 127 Posts
For all you know, he might actually believe his car is 580hp. Sr auto could've fed him some bs and charge him insane amount of money for no extra power. Sure 500 and 580 Hp is a big difference and for technical reasons, sure you can call him out for it. But who the fuck cares if he actually "only" has 500 horse power. Does that 80 horse power going to affect you in anyway? Just don't believe it and move on.
Posted via RS Mobile
sekin67835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #486
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
Mr.Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver DT
Posts: 2,957
Thanked 2,216 Times in 624 Posts
no,my penis is longer then yours...Get the ruler again.
__________________
Fly Your Own Flag.
Mr.Money is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #487
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
j.f0ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 812
Thanked 1,409 Times in 253 Posts
j.f0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #488
F**K YOUR HEAD
 
ilvtofu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,693
Thanked 7,968 Times in 1,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekin67835 View Post
For all you know, he might actually believe his car is 580hp. Sr auto could've fed him some bs and charge him insane amount of money for no extra power. Sure 500 and 580 Hp is a big difference and for technical reasons, sure you can call him out for it. But who the fuck cares if he actually "only" has 500 horse power. Does that 80 horse power going to affect you in anyway? Just don't believe it and move on.
Posted via RS Mobile
People going around the forum delusionally bragging about themselves should affect everyone here, and shit like this should be called out, maybe not in such a melodramatic fashion, but I wouldn't appreciate liars in my community either.

Don't even know how someone drew the conclusion that Stevenduang called matt out because he "couldn't stand people who had more money than him"
__________________
Miata
Fiesta
Feedback

FOR SALE
Miata Shock Tower Brace
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #489
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 600
Thanked 291 Times in 110 Posts
here steve...

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Howeth <kevin@undergroundracing.com <mailto:kevin@undergroundracing.com> >
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:04:03
To: <matt.h.zhang@hotmail.com <mailto:matt.h.zhang@hotmail.com> >
Subject: Re: 09 R8 modifications

I would want you to build the engine as I hear those engines are weak stock. Not sure on the power but should be 700+ with a stage 2.

<http://www.undergroundracing.com/images/kevinemailfooternew.jpg>
Kevin Howeth | 704.361.3443 <tel:704.361.3443> | Underground Racing LLC | 500 Griffith Road Charlotte, NC 28217 | Underground Racing - Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo Performance <http://www.undergroundracing.com> <http://www.undergroundracing.com/>



On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Matt Zhang <matt.h.zhang@hotmail.com <mailto:matt.h.zhang@hotmail.com> <mailto:matt.h.zhang@hotmail.com <mailto:matt.h.zhang@hotmail.com> > > wrote:
How much would it be and roughly how much horsepower can you achieve? I know the heffner tt only offers 600+ hp...
Thanks,
Matt
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Howeth <kevin@undergroundracing.com <mailto:kevin@undergroundracing.com> <mailto:kevin@undergroundracing.com <mailto:kevin@undergroundracing.com> > >
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:01:09
To: <matt.h.zhang@hotmail.com <mailto:matt.h.zhang@hotmail.com> <mailto:matt.h.zhang@hotmail.com <mailto:matt.h.zhang@hotmail.com> > >
Subject: Re: 09 R8 modifications

We can R&D it, shouldn't be much difference from the v10.
... stage 2 will offer more than 700 on pump. stage 3 is over 850 and 900+ on race...
If you add up all the mods its roughly 580 to be exactly i was told 575. Having Dragged a LP560 and winning, im pretty sure the R8 is over 560. So. i dont really need to prove any more...
DjMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #490
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 600
Thanked 291 Times in 110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
Actually, this is a car forum, I am calling him out because its not possible.

If he claims it he needs to prove it is that simple.

If he can't back up his claims guess what then he should not have said it in the first place.

I never said I wasn't a condescending douche so that doesn't matter.

There's a big difference between running 500 and 580...

even if it was his money I'd say exactly the same, prove it. No proof it's not true its that simple.

I never bitched as him as a rich kid, I am going by facts that its not possible for his claims.

He actually has to prove it considering he claims it, if not don't put it out to the public to read on a public forum.

If he claims that his car has that HP, I am sure that he has a fucking dyno chart to prove it or how is he going to back up his claim? I'll even gladly pay for his dyno chart if it his 580 like he has claimed it to be.

Underground racing is not going to build him a V8TT unless he pays out of his ass, they made one for the V10 because it was a similar engine to the V10 Lamborghini uses which they already tt'd

The smarter route regardless would go to a company that has done it already and can buy it for install ready to go, drop 30k gets car turbo'd right away with a company that has done it many times.


EDIT:

500 and 580 is a big difference it was obvious he was over exaggerating on purpose.

I am a car enthusiast and would love to know how those numbers are achieved and this is a car forum not for someone to BS and pull numbers out of his ass for E-bragging rights.
I would got to some compnay like Heffner or Stasis but they both suck ass and i can get the same power by upgrading parts without a blower so why spend more? Undergrounds Naturally Aspirated systems offer over 600hp... so... do you want to prove me wrong? As for a dyno sheet i dont have one, i was told and when adding up all the upgrades its different, PS. my AWE Exhasut is modified not stock and so is my APR chip their both retuned for my car, hence why i get hella black smoke when the cars cold. http://www.undergroundracing.com/performance-upgrades/naturally-aspirated-systems.html
DjMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #491
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 600
Thanked 291 Times in 110 Posts
I'm sending the car over in a couple months so... 6 weeks after that i will have 900 give or take 50. I dont see why i need to prove myself... its not like im taking your car and your money and claiming numbers, i just know how fast my own car is and i enjoy it for what i think it is...
DjMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #492
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
belaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,287
Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
I'll half and half @ RG for your dyno Matt, so you can show us the 580 WHP, serious offer.

P.S: Underground racing said they will do R&D, meaning there is no available kit, meaning the entire thing will be custom, which is pretty cool, but you will be paying out. of. your. ass. You may as well buy a R8 V10 and start over.

And over 900+ HP is on Race fuel, not pump.

Back to my popcorn.
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #493
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once
 
dlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 6,040
Thanked 7,900 Times in 1,421 Posts
everyone always be hating on u matt, let em haters hate, juss do ur thang and dont let em vultures pick at you when u fuck up
__________________
Quote:
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #494
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
belaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,287
Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
^This, mod your car for yourself, not for others.
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #495
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 600
Thanked 291 Times in 110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post
I'll half and half @ RG for your dyno Matt, so you can show us the 580 WHP, serious offer.

P.S: Underground racing said they will do R&D, meaning there is no available kit, meaning the entire thing will be custom, which is pretty cool, but you will be paying out. of. your. ass. You may as well buy a R8 V10 and start over.

And over 900+ HP is on Race fuel, not pump.

Back to my popcorn.
THey gave me a price... its pretty crazy... 900 is on 93 Octane i think...
DjMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #496
I want to be a person and not an icon.
 
Vale46Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mugello
Posts: 4,173
Thanked 5,283 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
People going around the forum delusionally bragging about themselves should affect everyone here, and shit like this should be called out, maybe not in such a melodramatic fashion, but I wouldn't appreciate liars in my community either.

Don't even know how someone drew the conclusion that Stevenduang called matt out because he "couldn't stand people who had more money than him"
I dont understand how people drew that connection either?

Even if you were Steve Mcqueen or Lewis Hamilton if you claim that the 4.2 N/A V8 R8 is able to pull 580 I am going to call you out it's that simple.

There is nothing wrong with calling someone out in this world... if he can prove it then I feel that I have made a mistake and need to educate myself a lot more.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DjMZ View Post
I would got to some compnay like Heffner or Stasis but they both suck ass and i can get the same power by upgrading parts without a blower so why spend more? Undergrounds Naturally Aspirated systems offer over 600hp... so... do you want to prove me wrong? As for a dyno sheet i dont have one, i was told and when adding up all the upgrades its different, PS. my AWE Exhasut is modified not stock and so is my APR chip their both retuned for my car, hence why i get hella black smoke when the cars cold. Underground Racing - Naturally Aspirated Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjMZ View Post
I'm sending the car over in a couple months so... 6 weeks after that i will have 900 give or take 50. I dont see why i need to prove myself... its not like im taking your car and your money and claiming numbers, i just know how fast my own car is and i enjoy it for what i think it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjMZ;
We can R&D it, shouldn't be much difference from the v10.
... stage 2 will offer more than 700 on pump. stage 3 is over 850 and 900+ on race...
If you add up all the mods its roughly 580 to be exactly i was told 575. Having Dragged a LP560 and winning, im pretty sure the R8 is over 560. So. i dont really need to prove any more...

Heffner is a pretty popular company and perhaps if you have been following the horsepower shootouts ever yyear they are always at Texas Mile with something pretty spectacular.

The UGR N/A systems you linked is on the Gallardo with the V10 engine. I am not wanting to prove you wrong but rather I would like how are these numbers reached other than someone on the other side telling you numbers and you are just adding numbers up together. Yes, adding up HP does not work cumulatively I know most it only makes sense that if my exhaust is 15 hp and my chip gains 20 it adds up to 35. Its not as simple as you think it is. Also your car spitting black smoke doesn't mean that its modded and gives more horsepower, you should get that checked.

If you still believe that you have 580, I would be extremely impressed but I highly doubt it at the moment. Like I said I would offer to pay for your dyno run at Racing Greed (shameless plug for sponsor) since they are extremely reputable and know what they are doing!

Like I said it is hard to add the mods up and get an exact number just like that, perhaps your butt dyno makes you feel like that you do have 580; but we will NEVER know unless there is a dyno sheet.

Also just because you "raced" a 560 doesn't mean that your car is faster because a 560 has 560 hp, you have to account for gear ratios, drivetrain, who stepped the gun and what not. Racing on the street cant NEVER prove it and even if you are at the drag strip you have to account for 60ft and driver as well.

There are way too many things to account for to easily say and claim that your car has X amount of HP because you beat a car with X amount of HP

Congrats on getting a TT'd system from UGR and I hope you enjoy it and you are able to handle it. I would love to see it soon locally and be mesmerized when you drive by. Remember this I am not doubting that you can afford all this and what not, hell you own give or take half a million dollars worth of cars.

But conclusion is that I just CAN'T bring myself to believe your 4.2 has 580 HP, I know it's fast but it's not the numbers that you got (because it's not realistic) and I am not sure where exactly you got those numbers.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #497
(╯□)╯聽不到 ╮(□╮)
 
Tim Budong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Womb
Posts: 16,812
Thanked 10,862 Times in 2,127 Posts
i dont understand this....
how bolt ons get that much gain

I drive a VW, so like you, many bolts on to claim increase HP
but from having a chipped car like you say you have matt, the increase isnt as radically significant as the manufactures have said.

i call bullshit
my 200hp at crank chipped pumps close to 275hp at crank on a stage2 chip with full tbe and a hpfp to boot..

I know im comparing your r8 to my gti, but i can't see this crazy gain you claim
even with a bigger turbo on gtis, the increase from my stage2 setup to the next isn't a HUGE jump in hp

but if this is what u claim, i hope you don't blow up your car...
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #498
I want to be a person and not an icon.
 
Vale46Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mugello
Posts: 4,173
Thanked 5,283 Times in 892 Posts
The GTI will have a lot bigger gains due to it being turbo, the R8 is a N/A car and we all know that N/A cars won't have that much gain unless they go FI, His numbers are more realistic if he went supercharger, catback, pulley rather than these bolts on heres and there that claims to give him that much.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #499
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Akinari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,827
Thanked 4,539 Times in 1,189 Posts
I thought this was a spotted thread, not a "how much horsepower can Matt's R8 make?" thread or am I missing something here?
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #500
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
belaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,287
Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net