REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 11:27 PM   #526
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
donjalapeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Guadalajara
Posts: 4,451
Thanked 4,992 Times in 1,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post
^This, mod your car for yourself, not for others.
I 1000000000% agree with this, and its quoted in my sig (in german of course )

Stick to whatever your budget is and buy whatever you think looks good and performs good because your the one who will look at it everyday, drive it everyday and overall enjoy it everyday not anyone else.



Steven Duang could suck it, jelly ass mofo trying to start shit.
Advertisement
__________________
Your Honda Sales Guy! PM for RS Discount.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #527
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 600
Thanked 291 Times in 110 Posts
Wolfgang, words of wisdom. haha
DjMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:40 PM   #528
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,150
Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,172 Posts
instead of studying i was busy catching up on this thread

__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #529
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,054
Thanked 2,339 Times in 558 Posts
LOL me too
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:20 AM   #530
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 600
Thanked 291 Times in 110 Posts
ive written 2 sentences in my essay since 10... fml...
DjMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #531
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
JoshuaWong's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 637
Thanked 1,708 Times in 235 Posts
I was following a matte grey R8 V10 the other day and it also made those gunshot sound between shifts.
__________________
2013 Raven Black Scion FR-S
2009 Alpine White E92 M3 | Dinan | Akrapovic | Vorsteiner
2008 Jet Black E90 335i | Hartge | AC Schnitzer | Vishnu - Retired
JoshuaWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #532
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...
 
Redlines_Daily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,482
Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
I 1000000000% agree with this, and its quoted in my sig.
Pretty sure you said: mod for self, not for Andre.

Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:15 AM   #533
I want to be a person and not an icon.
 
Vale46Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mugello
Posts: 4,173
Thanked 5,283 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjMZ View Post
To settle this I will offer you one thing. In the next couple weeks if not months, I willl go to Mission Speedway for a Drag against my freinds chipped LP560-4.. if you want to come feel free, there will be many more exotics that I will drag not to prove you wrong, but simply have fun. If you love exotics i encourage you to drop by, Hell, you can even ride along. A buddy is booking out the quarter mile drag for his birthday. Now... Will this setting this ridiculously long and quite pointless arguement? BTW... Steve, why would tthe UGR site for N/A say 500 - 600 when the Gallardo comes with over 500 already?? Plus chipping a gallardo already gives it 600hp, if you add in all the throttle bodies ect. you will have over 650 - 700... that site is purely an estimate for cars such as the R8, 911's ect... If anyone wants to drop by and view or maybe even ride or drive along at the track feel free. I will be posting a day and maybe meet some new people!

Forgot... to mention the Lp560 has the same drivetrain as the R8, IDENTICAL 4 wheel drive system and Transmission. so the only thing you can account for is the throttle input... it was on the strip not on the street....
QUESTION: i dont know why this happens, i never hear it from inside Audi R8 GUN SHOT EXHAUST? Vancouver BC - YouTube


Running with other car doesn't mean shit. You do realize there's a lot of factors racing other cars? Just because a 560 has 560 and you can beat it DOESN'T MEAN your car has 560 HP.

I'd drop by anyday, but that would be to Racing Greed when you dyno your car.

That doesn't settle shit, if you want to settle JUST DYNO AND YOU ARE GOOD TO GO.

Also dragging with other cars won't "Prove me wrong" the only thing that will prove me wrong is a dyno sheet.

I don't see why you are not interested in dyno'ing and coming up with all these other ideas and beating around the bush, you have nothing to prove, you have money you can do whatever you want but I am just curious how you are getting the claimed 580 HP and the only way to prove it is to have a dyno chart not your bullshit race a car with more HP bullshit, there are too many variables for that to work.

Also about the UGR claims, YOU DO REALIZE THERES A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RWHP and CRANK RIGHT?




Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang View Post
I 1000000000% agree with this, and its quoted in my sig (in german of course )

Stick to whatever your budget is and buy whatever you think looks good and performs good because your the one who will look at it everyday, drive it everyday and overall enjoy it everyday not anyone else.



Steven Duang could suck it, jelly ass mofo trying to start shit.

How Cute
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:39 AM   #534
no
 
jpark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: home
Posts: 5,162
Thanked 5,310 Times in 1,099 Posts
just finished reading the whole argument

I'm not trying to pick sides nor do i really care about the whole situation in who's right or wrong, but i see this as nothing different than a guy claiming his civic can make 400hp with bolt on's.

What would majority of the people do if this analogy was actually true? the chances are the civic guy will get called out for 'bullshitting' and probably get made fun of and have rocks thrown at him. But who knows maybe the civic guy may be telling the truth? There may be information out there to support that the argument is false but we cant personally prove that he is bullshitting

What is the difference here between my analogy and this whole matt situation? Does the story seem more reliable because the car in subject is an r8 and not a civic? in the end its an automotive forum.. its where hideous looking cars and false claims get called out whether it be true or not

move on, continue the argument with manner and stop bringing the whole "you are jealous because he is well off than you" type of shit out of here, has nothing to do with the main premise of the whole argument

impaired jpark /rant
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2012, 02:41 AM   #535
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Calbeee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 666
Thanked 830 Times in 152 Posts
interesting read. definitely not your average spotted thread hahahah.. good i finished with my studying before i discovered this
Calbeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:00 AM   #536
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Sky_High's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: RevScene.net
Posts: 1,889
Thanked 1,283 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
I don't see why you are not interested in dyno'ing and coming up with all these other ideas and beating around the bush, you have nothing to prove, you have money you can do whatever you want but I am just curious how you are getting the claimed 580 HP and the only way to prove it is to have a dyno chart not your bullshit race a car with more HP bullshit, there are too many variables for that to work.
Umm...he did say he's interested. Give him a break. He's only in Grade 12 or something, and does have to attend school Monday to Friday. Not to mention the current condition of his car. Give him some time to fix the shit under his hood and/or exhaust.

Whether the result will be 499HP, 520HP, or 580HP, sooner or later....he'll make a trip out to RacingGreed and get you a dyno chart.

Just cause you demanded one, doesn't mean he will have to get you one within the next 24 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjMZ View Post
the engine siezed up a about a month ago... black and white smoke everywhere.. turned it off before it could do any more damage, ended up replacing all the sparkplugs and intake ect... its better now...

PS.. where can you dyno... I really wana do it...
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #537
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
donjalapeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Guadalajara
Posts: 4,451
Thanked 4,992 Times in 1,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
just finished reading the whole argument

I'm not trying to pick sides nor do i really care about the whole situation in who's right or wrong, but i see this as nothing different than a guy claiming his civic can make 400hp with bolt on's.

What would majority of the people do if this analogy was actually true? the chances are the civic guy will get called out for 'bullshitting' and probably get made fun of and have rocks thrown at him. But who knows maybe the civic guy may be telling the truth? There may be information out there to support that the argument is false but we cant personally prove that he is bullshitting

What is the difference here between my analogy and this whole matt situation? Does the story seem more reliable because the car in subject is an r8 and not a civic? in the end its an automotive forum.. its where hideous looking cars and false claims get called out whether it be true or not

move on, continue the argument with manner and stop bringing the whole "you are jealous because he is well off than you" type of shit out of here, has nothing to do with the main premise of the whole argument

impaired jpark /rant
LOL props for writing so nicely impaired
__________________
Your Honda Sales Guy! PM for RS Discount.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #538
#savethemanuals
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,755
Thanked 2,232 Times in 860 Posts
His impaired writing is better than some people's sober writing.
Energy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #539
I am Hook'd on RS
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 73
Thanked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Looks like Matt Zhang has been wrapping a few cars LOL:

ID Studios Group - About | Facebook
FX35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #540
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Sky_High's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: RevScene.net
Posts: 1,889
Thanked 1,283 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FX35 View Post
Looks like Matt Zhang has been wrapping a few cars LOL:

ID Studios Group - About | Facebook
I thought he only wrap iPhone and MacBook's a year ago...seems like his business is growing
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #541
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
danizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Richmond, BC
Posts: 1,017
Thanked 138 Times in 75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjMZ View Post
QUESTION: i dont know why this happens, i never hear it from inside Audi R8 GUN SHOT EXHAUST? Vancouver BC - YouTube
im gonna give it a shot and say that the sound is the pop you get from a dual-clutch gearbox


this is from a GTI with DSG transmission

i imagine on a car with twice as many cylinders and more than twice the displacement the pop would be louder

unless youre 6 speed..
danizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #542
Everyone wants a piece of R S...
 
xjc11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 394
Thanked 581 Times in 119 Posts
wait so does matt own matte wraps or ID studios group?
xjc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #543
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 600
Thanked 291 Times in 110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danizer View Post
im gonna give it a shot and say that the sound is the pop you get from a dual-clutch gearbox

DSG Pop - YouTube

this is from a GTI with DSG transmission

i imagine on a car with twice as many cylinders and more than twice the displacement the pop would be louder

unless youre 6 speed..
i dont have dsg...
DjMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #544
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: vancouver
Posts: 600
Thanked 291 Times in 110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjc11 View Post
wait so does matt own matte wraps or ID studios group?
yea i started it 2 years ago.. doing phones and computers, and now im doing cars and pretty much anything, rims, exhausts, mostly wraps and rims though...
like not trying to sound like as ass or anything... but i do pay for my own shit (not the R8) but most of the mods on it...
if anyone wants anything wrapped... lemme know RS discount?
DjMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:28 AM   #545
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!
 
Sky_High's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: RevScene.net
Posts: 1,889
Thanked 1,283 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjMZ View Post
like not trying to sound like as ass or anything... but i do pay for my own shit (not the R8) but most of the mods on it...
Does that include sending your R8 to UGR?
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #546
My homepage has been set to RS
 
blee123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lala land
Posts: 2,155
Thanked 217 Times in 118 Posts
sky high is my fcuking hero, your comments always cracks me up haha
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #547
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...
 
Redlines_Daily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,482
Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjMZ View Post
... but i do pay for my own shit (not the R8) but most of the mods on it
I like you..but I always chuckle when I hear comments like that from guys who live at home. Paying for your own mods is nothing to brag about when you have no other expenses -__-. Hell, anyone who takes home $3k a month could afford a Ferrari if they didn't have to pay rent, bills, groceries and put money away to someday buy a home.

I apologize for making assumptions about your living situation, but I'm probably right on some level
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #548
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
belaud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Richmond
Posts: 1,287
Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
Given the fact that the "studio" is at your house, I'm guessing your customers pay cash, and your business is technically not registered?
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #549
I want to be a person and not an icon.
 
Vale46Rossi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Mugello
Posts: 4,173
Thanked 5,283 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post
I like you..but I always chuckle when I hear comments like that from guys who live at home. Paying for your own mods is nothing to brag about when you have no other expenses -__-. Hell, anyone who takes home $3k a month could afford a Ferrari if they didn't have to pay rent, bills, groceries and put money away to someday buy a home.

I apologize for making assumptions about your living situation, but I'm probably right on some level

What kind of Ferrari are you financing at 3K a month? :S
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:40 AM   #550
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
liukb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Richmond
Posts: 561
Thanked 648 Times in 94 Posts
So is mw studios the same as id studios? I need a window trim wrap lol
liukb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net