REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 10-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #501
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenDuang View Post
I dont understand how people drew that connection either?

Even if you were Steve Mcqueen or Lewis Hamilton if you claim that the 4.2 N/A V8 R8 is able to pull 580 I am going to call you out it's that simple.

There is nothing wrong with calling someone out in this world... if he can prove it then I feel that I have made a mistake and need to educate myself a lot more.

Heffner is a pretty popular company and perhaps if you have been following the horsepower shootouts ever yyear they are always at Texas Mile with something pretty spectacular.

The UGR N/A systems you linked is on the Gallardo with the V10 engine. I am not wanting to prove you wrong but rather I would like how are these numbers reached other than someone on the other side telling you numbers and you are just adding numbers up together. Yes, adding up HP does not work cumulatively I know most it only makes sense that if my exhaust is 15 hp and my chip gains 20 it adds up to 35. Its not as simple as you think it is. Also your car spitting black smoke doesn't mean that its modded and gives more horsepower, you should get that checked.

If you still believe that you have 580, I would be extremely impressed but I highly doubt it at the moment. Like I said I would offer to pay for your dyno run at Racing Greed (shameless plug for sponsor) since they are extremely reputable and know what they are doing!

Like I said it is hard to add the mods up and get an exact number just like that, perhaps your butt dyno makes you feel like that you do have 580; but we will NEVER know unless there is a dyno sheet.

Also just because you "raced" a 560 doesn't mean that your car is faster because a 560 has 560 hp, you have to account for gear ratios, drivetrain, who stepped the gun and what not. Racing on the street cant NEVER prove it and even if you are at the drag strip you have to account for 60ft and driver as well.

There are way too many things to account for to easily say and claim that your car has X amount of HP because you beat a car with X amount of HP

Congrats on getting a TT'd system from UGR and I hope you enjoy it and you are able to handle it. I would love to see it soon locally and be mesmerized when you drive by. Remember this I am not doubting that you can afford all this and what not, hell you own give or take half a million dollars worth of cars.

But conclusion is that I just CAN'T bring myself to believe your 4.2 has 580 HP, I know it's fast but it's not the numbers that you got (because it's not realistic) and I am not sure where exactly you got those numbers.

To settle this I will offer you one thing. In the next couple weeks if not months, I willl go to Mission Speedway for a Drag against my freinds chipped LP560-4.. if you want to come feel free, there will be many more exotics that I will drag not to prove you wrong, but simply have fun. If you love exotics i encourage you to drop by, Hell, you can even ride along. A buddy is booking out the quarter mile drag for his birthday. Now... Will this setting this ridiculously long and quite pointless arguement? BTW... Steve, why would tthe UGR site for N/A say 500 - 600 when the Gallardo comes with over 500 already?? Plus chipping a gallardo already gives it 600hp, if you add in all the throttle bodies ect. you will have over 650 - 700... that site is purely an estimate for cars such as the R8, 911's ect... If anyone wants to drop by and view or maybe even ride or drive along at the track feel free. I will be posting a day and maybe meet some new people!

Forgot... to mention the Lp560 has the same drivetrain as the R8, IDENTICAL 4 wheel drive system and Transmission. so the only thing you can account for is the throttle input... it was on the strip not on the street....
QUESTION: i dont know why this happens, i never hear it from inside
Advertisement
DjMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #502
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjMZ View Post
Holy fuck

Gunshot exhaust
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #503
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Matt how the hell can you not hear that from the inside? Music too loud?
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #504
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Howeth <kevin@undergroundracing.com <mailto:kevin@undergroundracing.com> <mailto:kevin@undergroundracing.com <mailto:kevin@undergroundracing.com> > >
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:01:09
To: <matt.h.zhang@hotmail.com <mailto:matt.h.zhang@hotmail.com> <mailto:matt.h.zhang@hotmail.com <mailto:matt.h.zhang@hotmail.com> > >
Subject: Re: 09 R8 modifications

We can R&D it, shouldn't be much difference from the v10.
... stage 2 will offer more than 700 on pump. stage 3 is over 850 and 900+ on race...
If you add up all the mods its roughly 580 to be exactly i was told 575. Having Dragged a LP560 and winning, im pretty sure the R8 is over 560. So. i dont really need to prove any more...
Like mentioned, this is a very poor way of gauging horsepower. Take it to a fuckin dyno to find out. Not be a douche but you obviously have enough money to pay for a few pulls. Would be the easiest way of shutting all these fuckers up, just take an afternoon off and get're done. Or just don't give two flying fucks and let these kids have their fun, your choice

Quote:
I would got to some compnay like Heffner or Stasis but they both suck ass and i can get the same power by upgrading parts without a blower so why spend more? Undergrounds Naturally Aspirated systems offer over 600hp... so... do you want to prove me wrong? As for a dyno sheet i dont have one, i was told and when adding up all the upgrades its different, PS. my AWE Exhasut is modified not stock and so is my APR chip their both retuned for my car, hence why i get hella black smoke when the cars cold.
If I see a regular car, let alone a boosted car spitting black smoke under cold weather conditions I would be a little concerned. Unless it's a diesel you shouldn't have any BLACK smoke. Anybody wanna correct me if I'm wrong, I've just never heard of it.

Also, this is a smokey start up FYI

Quote:
THey gave me a price... its pretty crazy... 900 is on 93 Octane i think...
No, refer to my first quoted paragraph. He said 700 on pump and he's american so it's gonna be 700 on 94 octane not 93. So i'm gonna pull a number out of my ass here and say 650 on 93 but I honestly have no fucking idea.

Quote:
In the next couple weeks if not months, I willl go to Mission Speedway for a Drag against my freinds chipped LP560-4.. if you want to come feel free, there will be many more exotics that I will drag not to prove you wrong, but simply have fun. If you love exotics i encourage you to drop by, Hell, you can even ride along. A buddy is booking out the quarter mile drag for his birthday. Now... Will this setting this ridiculously long and quite pointless arguement? BTW... Steve, why would tthe UGR site for N/A say 500 - 600 when the Gallardo comes with over 500 already?? Plus chipping a gallardo already gives it 600hp, if you add in all the throttle bodies ect. you will have over 650 - 700... that site is purely an estimate for cars such as the R8, 911's ect... If anyone wants to drop by and view or maybe even ride or drive along at the track feel free. I will be posting a day and maybe meet some new people!

Forgot... to mention the Lp560 has the same drivetrain as the R8, IDENTICAL 4 wheel drive system and Transmission. so the only thing you can account for is the throttle input... it was on the strip not on the street....
QUESTION: i dont know why this happens, i never hear it from inside Audi R8 GUN SHOT EXHAUST? Vancouver BC - YouTube
You sure cuz I know that "public" friday night drags are done, I'd assume they would just shut down all drags? More power to ya if you can get the strip to yourselves, especially on a crisp winter morning so that all the boosted cars are ejaculating everywhere.

And as to your video, that honestly sounds very bad to my untrained ear. I thought you were going to post a video of you backfiring while shifting but it almost sounded like popping while under load still? I would get that looked at.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Matt how the hell can you not hear that from the inside? Music too loud?
lol im going to bring my car to you tomorrow, your going to drive it and tell me that you can hear it... Legit it sounds completely different inside than out... Jgresh, my car is yours tmrw lol at like 5? deal?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #506
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Jgresch is busy tomorrow, but I'm available
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #507
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,360 Times in 315 Posts
Let me know if or when you guys decide to do the track thing. I'd love to participate! Also, black smoke on N/A car means its running rich (correct me if I'm wrong). Probably need a dyno tune to adjust air to fuel, etc... I WOULD get it checked out.
broken_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #508

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_arrow View Post
Let me know if or when you guys decide to do the track thing. I'd love to participate! Also, black smoke on N/A car means its running rich (correct me if I'm wrong). Probably need a dyno tune to adjust air to fuel, etc... I WOULD get it checked out.
the engine siezed up a about a month ago... black and white smoke everywhere.. turned it off before it could do any more damage, ended up replacing all the sparkplugs and intake ect... its better now...

PS.. where can you dyno... I really wana do it...
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #509

Quote:
the engine siezed up a about a month ago... black and white smoke everywhere.. turned it off before it could do any more damage, ended up replacing all the sparkplugs and intake ect... its better now...

Sweet mother of christ... I'm assuming your motor didn't actually seize up because you'd be replacing more than sparkplugs and... Wait wtf? Your intake? Irmergerd... You did the damage before you turned it off, sorry brah.

Dyno can be done at RacingGreed in Poco. They have the heartbreak dyno. RG Racing Ltd, Broadway Street, Port Coquitlam, BC - Google Maps
Old 10-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #510
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:

Racing Greed has an AWD dyno; they posted a video of a TT Gallardo recently, so they have experience with similar cars.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/67252...ardo-dyno.html

The backfiring sounds like the engine is running lean when the throttle body opens, which would indicate the acceleration enrichment needs to be adjusted in the tune. You have a custom throttle body, so that would support my theory. The car spewing black smoke at start up indicates the car running rich, so sounds like the tune all around just isn't quite there...
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #511

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Sweet mother of christ... I'm assuming your motor didn't actually seize up because you'd be replacing more than sparkplugs and... Wait wtf? Your intake? Irmergerd... You did the damage before you turned it off, sorry brah.

Dyno can be done at RacingGreed in Poco. They have the heartbreak dyno. RG Racing Ltd, Broadway Street, Port Coquitlam, BC - Google Maps
nope it seized as in the car went boom and wouldnt turn on... I went to Mr. Lube for some engine oil... THey said they could do it... apparently they over filled it and it practically drowned my engine... fkn idiots...
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #512
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
nope it seized as in the car went boom and wouldnt turn on... I went to Mr. Lube for some engine oil... THey said they could do it... apparently they over filled it and it practically drowned my engine... fkn idiots...
yeah don't go to mr lube or those oil change chain stores for anything, especially with a car like an r8

ps. let me drive your car
Stiig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #513
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Trust Mr.Lube with an r8 and they're the idiots..

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #514
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
I was at RG for my self-treat birthday present

Check it,

belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #515
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
signups to drive matt zhangs car?
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #516

^I told them to just give me engine oil... not even a change, i wanted to just buy oil and do it myself they insisted on doing it... and then i used about 3000$ to replace damaged parts...
Old 10-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #517

i do like my exhaust note tho... i wonder how much flame it can spit... Apparently stock R8's wihout valves spit flame.. wonder if mine does too
Old 10-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #518

Quote:
Originally Posted by belaud View Post
I was at RG for my self-treat birthday present

Check it,

STI Dyno - YouTube
dude it sounds sick man...
Old 10-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #519
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Curious, how much does it cost to dyno at RacingGreed?
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #520

Quote:
What all did you replace... I hope you put a new motor in the thing..
Old 10-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #521

^... The Engine has a safety mechanism that wouldnt let me start it again... So it couldnt do any further damage.. I didnt replace the engine.. that would be a nightmare.. minor things... alot of minor things adds up to a 3K+ bill...
Old 10-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #522

Quote:
lol im going to bring my car to you tomorrow, your going to drive it and tell me that you can hear it... Legit it sounds completely different inside than out... Jgresh, my car is yours tmrw lol at like 5? deal?
When are you off school? I'm leaving work at 4:45 to go to school lol so unless you drop by before then it'll have to be another time
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #523
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,360 Times in 315 Posts
Matt, I am sorry, but I like the sound of that Cayenne GTS (your other vid) better then the R8.

Sounds wicked.
broken_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #524

Plus I'm not an Audi guy you should know better.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #525
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,093 Times in 452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High View Post
Curious, how much does it cost to dyno at RacingGreed?
$100 for 3 pulls, quick and painless process
belaud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: