REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-21-2011, 12:16 AM   #76
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilabomb View Post
Not some kimchi made overpriced guinness....i mean genesis
All the credibility of your argument is suddenly lost with this sentence.

Back to the topic: I read some reviews on the Equus and even got to sit in one at the dealership. It's extremely roomy and luxurious inside. The best features are a fridge in the back that screams "balling", and seats that massage you. $67k+tax. Not too shabby.

If I am in the market of a car $65-75k, I will consider this.
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2011, 12:17 AM   #77
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
it's a little off topic but still has to do with Hyundai:
not too long ago i was in the market for a brand new car for around 25-30g and my first choice was a genesis coupe. sporty, rwd, 2.0 turbo, whats not to like? so i went and got a test drive.

test drive: the ride is okay. power wise.. not too crazy but its good enough for me. however the quality of materials inside the car was very bad in my opinion. lots of plastic. not a lot of room inside the car as well (but hey its a coupe, so who cares!). other than that, its okay.

then i talked to the guy about the pricing and after taxes it came to roughly 33,000 (premium package) @ 2.9% for i think 6 years. i thought that was too much for this car... so i put it on hold and took a look at other cars. my friend suggested BMW and i was like are you kidding me? then i took a look at their website and found a pre-owned certified 2007 BMW 323i sedan with 40,000km on it for 23,000. Went in to brian jessel the next day, took a look, after taxes came to 30,000, bought it the same day. came with a 3 year warranty. plus 1.9% for 6 years. lower than hyundai.

i know it was a pretty drastic and different car than i originally wanted, but i'm glad i took the time to explore other options instead of just looking at the genesis.
the genesis coupe is a great car, no doubt, but not for 33g's. to be honest, i didn't even care about the resale value of it, cause i planned to keep it for a long time, but i doubt the coupe would have great resale value. now i still have decent resale value on the bimmer. if the coupe was maybe 5 grand cheaper, i think i would have gotten it.

of course, the bmw and the coupe are vastly different types of car. bmw is more of a luxury with a little twist of sport but coupe is all about the performance. i like either luxury and/or performance, that's why i'm still happy with the bmw. not as fast, but much more comfortable. so depends on what you like.

in the end i felt i spent my money more wisely on my bmw than if i had on the hyundai.
my 2 cents.

Last edited by Shorn; 04-22-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:27 AM   #78
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
^
323i?

Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #79

hater! i think its a great car for the price
Old 04-22-2011, 12:31 AM   #80
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorn View Post
....then i talked to the guy about the pricing and after taxes it came to roughly 33,000 (premium package) @ 2.9% for i think 6 years. i thought that was too much for this car... so i put it on hold and took a look at other cars. my friend suggested BMW and i was like are you kidding me? then i took a look at their website and found a pre-owned certified 2007 BMW 323i sedan with 40,000km on it for 23,000. Went in to brian jessel the next day, took a look, after taxes came to 30,000, bought it the same day. came with a 3 year warranty. plus 1.9% for 6 years. lower than hyundai.

of course, the bmw and the coupe are vastly different types of car. bmw is more of a luxury with a little twist of sport but coupe is all about the performance. i like either luxury and/or performance, that's why i'm still happy with the bmw. not as fast, but much more comfortable. so depends on what you like.
You are comparing the price of a brand new Hyundai coupe with a 4-year old base 323i?

Seriously, if you would ever think of getting a used 323i, the Genesis coupe is not a car for you.
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:35 AM   #81

why not? i come from driving 20 year old shitboxes.. i don't care about the year of the car all that much. if its within 8 years of brand new, it IS brand new to me.
like i said, i like both luxury and performance. the coupe has one but not the other. and the 323i has the opposite. so.. worked for me. i thought it was a better deal.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:34 AM   #82
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
so you paid 30k for a car that has a bmw badge and literally nothing? but w.e as long as your happy with your car i guess, thats all it really matters
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #83
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorn View Post
then i talked to the guy about the pricing and after taxes it came to roughly 33,000 (premium package) @ 2.9% for i think 6 years. i thought that was too much for this car... so i put it on hold and took a look at other cars. my friend suggested BMW and i was like are you kidding me? then i took a look at their website and found a pre-owned certified 2007 BMW 323i sedan with 40,000km on it for 23,000. Went in to brian jessel the next day, took a look, after taxes came to 30,000, bought it the same day. came with a 3 year warranty. plus 1.9% for 6 years. lower than hyundai.
sucks to hear you didn't end up going with the coupe. they had an april promotion going on for 0% financing for 5 years on the 2011 gencoupe's
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
so you paid 30k for a car that has a bmw badge and literally nothing? but w.e as long as your happy with your car i guess, thats all it really matters
sigh.. i could care less about the badge; i wanted to drive a hyundai for god's sake. i'm not those kinds of people who really care about what brand of car they drive. i chose the 323i because it still has great driving characteristics while still affordable. how does it have nothing? 50:50 weight ratio, rear wheel drive, 200 hp, good handling. plus it still has the luxury i need, pretty much just leather and sunroof.
have you driven a 323i? i hope so, because if you haven't that just means you're one of those people who shits on cars without having driven them first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kT
sucks to hear you didn't end up going with the coupe. they had an april promotion going on for 0% financing for 5 years on the 2011 gencoupe's
yeah the sales guy told me about that! too bad i already bought the car by then.. would have thought about it more haha. bad timing i guess.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #85
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^^ a lot of people shit on the 323i because of how basic it is and for the smaller engine.

honestly, I was given one as a loaner from the dealer when my mom's x3 was in for service, and i went in with low expectations and came out with a smile on my face.

great fuel economy, pretty decent power in the high revv's. Ofcourse the wonderful handling of a BMW. Rear wheel drive and such. I took it for a nice drive up and down the twisties in West Vancouver. It really made me think more of the car. I was also given a 330i as a loaner another time, and that was just another animal.

The e90 bmw is pretty good. I love the drive, but my heart will always stay with the e46 if i ever had to buy one.

1995 BMW 530i
1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2002 Ford Explorer EB V8 4x4
2005 Acura RSX Type-S (SOLD)
1999 BMW 540i
skylinergtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:28 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinergtr View Post
The e90 bmw is pretty good. I love the drive, but my heart will always stay with the e46 if i ever had to buy one.
Interested to know why that is?
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Old 04-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #87
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

323 ???????...................................seriousl y for 30,000?? Have fun paying for high maintanence for such basic car. I dunno how fun is a RWD without the power.

What kind of luxury can 323i give?,, same old leather seats plus NAVI, thats about it..... Money was not well spent
Old 04-22-2011, 10:20 PM   #88
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

With the warranty better than any german competitor what do you have to lose aside from a fancy status badge?
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
323 ???????...................................seriousl y for 30,000?? Have fun paying for high maintanence for such basic car. I dunno how fun is a RWD without the power.
Bro, what you talkin' about?
Quote:

(>___<)
Quote:
Old 04-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #90

I guess that would be true since most people lack a pair of testicles. They let bitchboys like you convince them to buy into a brand, and not buy it for the features of the car. I can see you being the prick in the 7 series trying to rub it in someones face every chance you got. Too bad you'd spend less time driving your car as it sits at the dealer for repairs while the "hyundai" guy actually gets to enjoy what he paid for. This will show in the resale value mark my words. As far as styling goes i'd prefer tasteful cut and paste over some of the abortions the germans have come up with to be "different".
Truth be told there have been a few times i've thought hey thats a neat looking hyundai.... only to discover it as a euro brand bland styled pos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s300ae View Post
At the end of the day you still spent 50k on a hyundai.

You simply cannot win an argument with that car. At the end of the day it's still a Hyundai.

IMO, rather go with something euro or jdm. Too me it looks like a compilation of parts from all luxury sedans superglued together. It's got that 'borrowed' look rather than being unique.

Posted via RS Mobile
Old 04-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #91
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
Interested to know why that is?
expensive maintenance with the e90.

expensive electric water pumps... common major engine lifter noise issues.

the body styling is not as nice as e46 (unless its a E90 M3)

the interior seems more cheap compared to the e46.

It is known that the E46 is the last best reliable BMW.

The m54 engine is argueable one of the best non M engine bmw has made. Its bullet proof, decent power output, and easy in terms of maintenance.

The e46 also has great styling interior and exterior wise.

this is my opinion as a BMW enthusiast.

1995 BMW 530i
1990 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
2002 Ford Explorer EB V8 4x4
2005 Acura RSX Type-S (SOLD)
1999 BMW 540i
skylinergtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:32 AM   #92

^ i would have gotten a e46 if there was financing available love those cars too.
meh i should have known better than to post about my experience with a bmw in a hyundai thread.. haha. just to be clear i'm not a fanboy of any brand, i love hyundai's and bmw's and honda's and nissan's. just i didn't feel 33 grand was worth it for the gen coupe. thats all. i might pick up one used in the future though! looks fun to mod

323 = definitely not a modders car. but i'm just dding it so doesn't matter to me. haha
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2011, 12:51 AM   #93
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Buying a brand new Genesis sedan (MSRP $39,000 - $50,000) is not too rational;

What about the Equus (MSRP $63000 - $70000? )

Has anyone seen it on the road?
cococly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:49 AM   #94
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
seriously, unless someone prides himself as a korean, no one's gonna dump 70k into that shit. SEVENTY THOUSAND MAN, IMAGINE OTHER POSSIBILITIES
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2011, 07:48 AM   #95

There really arn't that many other possibilities if you want RELIABLE lux.
You have lexus which has boring interiors and boring engines for the most part, questionable reliability as do all newer toyotas they have dropped the ball as far as i'm concerned.
Infiniti which everyone has and not too many models to chose from.
Acura which is SUV heaven.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #96
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

you rang?
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #97
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

what i am basically getting from this thread is that all the hyundai lovers only buy hyundais because they have more gadgets and accessories than comparable jdm or euro models.
while youre accusing us of buying cars for only the brand, youre buying a vehicle only for accessories.

my question is, why does hyundai offer the best warranty for their cars? IF i made an excellent product, id have at least some confidence in it that it would last. For me, the warranty and accessories seems to be the only selling points to hyundais
s300ae is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #98

Your taste in wheels explains why your all about flash and not about substance.
If you'd care to refute that then please find a similar euro model compare the prices and show us what the hyundai can't do.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #99
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
Im just gonna leave this here...

donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:11 PM   #100
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Your taste in wheels explains why your all about flash and not about substance.
If you'd care to refute that then please find a similar euro model compare the prices and show us what the hyundai can't do.
flash? lol very unlikely. the reason why i bought my wheels was because they are rare, built in 2001, same year as my car. if i wanted flash, id chrome them out, use gold bolts and put them on a 300C.

what the hyundai cant do? how about make their cars look appealing.
look at the monstrous thing right above... youre telling me that fugly thing worth what it costs. yuck. i feel the same way about american cars post 1970s. cheap, plastic, hideous.

how about 50k hyundai vs 50k 2007 Audi RS4? Id take my older but 430HP Audi any day.
s300ae is offline   Reply With Quote