REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-23-2011, 11:25 PM   #101
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
^ r u serious...hyundai has the best designs over other competitors right now.. which looks more appealing? You cant say the accord or the camry it looks as if a designer came in on a tuesday quickly sketched them and then just left. Hyundai however has Audi's old designer in a new facility in California, just look at the lines of the car and say thats not quality...

and for the " cheap" comment, how is that hyundai has better paint quality than a mercedes CLS?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/4127233/paint/
and if it truly is a cheaply made car how is it that they back it up with the best warrantys?

haters gon hate...everyones mad because hyundai is above and beyond all american cars and most jap cars
Advertisement

Last edited by donjalapeno; 04-23-2011 at 11:33 PM.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #102
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

k honestly? were are talking about 5.0L V8 sedans...
why are you posting a camry and an accord?
s300ae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:36 PM   #103

because you called the sonata's design ugly...

and also stated that hyundai is cheap and you got proved wrong so now your butt hurt and are trying too cover it up by back firing
Old 04-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #104

LOL coming from a guy that has porsches on his avatar. perhaps its time to change it to a genesis R-spec?

again, this is my personal opinion that they are ugly. this is all coming from personal experience of actually being in a few hyundais and finding their options cheap, compared to other cars ive sat in at car shows (one being the chicago auto show, one of the biggest in the world)

now, use your google magic to look up 50K V8 North American Spec European or Japanese sedans. can you find a worse looking car than the inbred genesis?

Last edited by s300ae; 04-23-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:51 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by s300ae View Post
LOL coming from a guy that has porsches on his avatar. perhaps its time to change it to a genesis R-spec?

again, this is my personal opinion that they are ugly. this is all coming from personal experience of actually being in a few hyundais and finding their options cheap, compared to other cars ive sat in at car shows (one being the chicago auto show, one of the biggest in the world)

now, use your google magic to look up 50K cars V8 Sedans. can you find a worse looking car than the inbred genesis?
Matter of fact i can,

Old 04-23-2011, 11:53 PM   #106

i think you misread my earlier comment where i said anything pre 1970s american is hideous as well. keep searching.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:56 PM   #107

you said too find a 50k V8 car thats uglier than the genesis and so i did...
Old 04-23-2011, 11:58 PM   #108

there. fixed it for you. and i must agree that cadi is pretty hideous
Old 04-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #109
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,070 Times in 229 Posts
i can't speak for other models of hyundai, but the interior of genesis coupe does feel cheap. personal opinion, having test drove one. still would buy one though! just not for 33k.
Shorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soltaaa View Post
you said too find a 50k V8 car thats uglier than the genesis and so i did...
hey soltaaa,

whats the model cadi you googled? cant tell them apart.

but if you want to talk NA, best bang for you buck,
it would be a 2010 CTS-V Cadi... SC 6.2 556HP in 6speed.
that should get your blood boiling. and guess what, its under 50k
Old 04-24-2011, 02:08 AM   #111
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
Quote:
just for the record..

RSpec's are only available in the states. here we have GT's
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:56 AM   #112
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Actually the paint being better than CLS is pretty much marketing thing and has no backing. Mercedes has real strict guidelines to paint quality, probably strictest there is in the industry along with one of the toughest clear coat (nano ceramic clear). I'm pretty sure Hyundais dont have nano ceramic clears as the last time I went and test drove a new Tucson, you could see a lot of swirls.

But yeah Hyundai is growing and attracting a lot of attention. Would I buy one? probably not. I still dont see why they dont include auto headlights or wipers on a top trim model Tucson. And the only Hyundai i'd buy is prob the Genesis Coupe due to its price point for a RWD coupe.
kyoshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:17 AM   #113
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Quote:
hey soltaaa,

whats the model cadi you googled? cant tell them apart.

but if you want to talk NA, best bang for you buck,
it would be a 2010 CTS-V Cadi... SC 6.2 556HP in 6speed.
that should get your blood boiling. and guess what, its under 50k
Uh, definitely not true. Try finding one under 50K either here or in the States. You can't. Would love to have it, but it's still quite expensive.

They're about 52k USED and closer to 60K new in the states. In Canada it's closer to 70k.

And I think the GS series looks ugly. Don't like the front, don't like the rear. The separated headlights makes it look like a 90's throwback. Yech.

fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #114
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
how about 50k hyundai vs 50k 2007 Audi RS4? Id take my older but 430HP Audi any day.
And people complain that Hyundai's have bad resale value? That '07 RS4 was over $100k four years ago...

Besides, if you're looking for a new car, chances are you probably wont consider a used car that's at the end of it's warranty.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:47 AM   #115
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Everytime I see a cls especially modded ones I dont know whether to laugh at the idiot who thought that overpriced pos looks good or to vomit because it looks so fucking vile. Imagine the shock a badge groupie CLS owner would have if someone replaced the mb badge with a hyundai badge.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:57 AM   #116

Hey if buying what looks very similar to a base model 1.8T (to get into the audi brand) and putting surrey jack wheels makes it stand out from your average hyundai well... nuff said. I bet your already looking for some kinda LED retrofit to make yourself stand out.

I'm sure that weight saving high tech (riceboy applique looking) CF interior was put to good use with your baltimore donk wheels.

I'm not even sure if this is the right interior but I'd prefer it to the tacky ass CF. Putting CF inside a car that weighs 3000+ lbs to save weight vs plastic/wood whatever interior material is replaced is like putting make up on a pig. Even if a car used a metal interior trim how much are you gonna save 10lbs? Give me a break.

Quote:
flash? lol very unlikely. the reason why i bought my wheels was because they are rare, built in 2001, same year as my car. if i wanted flash, id chrome them out, use gold bolts and put them on a 300C.

what the hyundai cant do? how about make their cars look appealing.
look at the monstrous thing right above... youre telling me that fugly thing worth what it costs. yuck. i feel the same way about american cars post 1970s. cheap, plastic, hideous.

how about 50k hyundai vs 50k 2007 Audi RS4? Id take my older but 430HP Audi any day.

Last edited by Death2Theft; 04-24-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #117

i lost you in your second post. you rambled on like senile Don Cherry.
I might have to agree with you on the CLS, it seems they lost touch with their european roots and made more of a asian inspired body type, very elongated and pointed.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #118
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Personally I would buy the Genesis sedan, but when the price has gone down. I see not much fault with the design, and Hyundai has stepped their game, but at the current price point, it's not worth it.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #119
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
i'm sure hyundai makes nice cars nowadays but it's still a hyundai...
it's not a luxury or high class brand by any means.

that's why we have acura, lexus and infiniti...hyundai needs its own luxury brand
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #120

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
what i am basically getting from this thread is that all the hyundai lovers only buy hyundais because they have more gadgets and accessories than comparable jdm or euro models.
while youre accusing us of buying cars for only the brand, youre buying a vehicle only for accessories.

my question is, why does hyundai offer the best warranty for their cars? IF i made an excellent product, id have at least some confidence in it that it would last. For me, the warranty and accessories seems to be the only selling points to hyundais
Are you suggesting that Hyundai offering a good warranty makes them unreliable?

If hyundai didn't believe in their products they would offer no warranty at all. By offering a long factory warranty, this just means they are confident in their cars, not the other way around.

Judging by recent sales figures I'd say the current Hyundai lineup is doing quite well.

By accessories do you mean options? That's normally what they are called, and yes people prefer cars with more options, as well as good fuel economy, decent looks, and good safety features. Oh wait, was that a Hyundai I just described?
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #121
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

mitsubishi offers 10 years powertrain and 5 year bumper to bumper.
warranty + reliability has no relation imo, doesnt make the car more reliable or more unreliable. Only time can tell.
kyoshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #122

the reason why they are doing well in the lower end models is because of fuel efficiency and the long warranty. the warranty is a marketing scheme to get you in the door. its forced upon mid-low income buyers. anyone in the upper class wouldnt buy a hyundai (most likely lease) let alone care for the warranty.

it lacks its prestige. perhaps once they establish good footing on this beast, in the future they'll have the history to back it up
Old 04-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #123

Quote:
the reason why they are doing well in the lower end models is because of fuel efficiency and the long warranty. the warranty is a marketing scheme to get you in the door. its forced upon mid-low income buyers. anyone in the upper class wouldnt buy a hyundai (most likely lease) let alone care for the warranty.

it lacks its prestige. perhaps once they establish good footing on this beast, in the future they'll have the history to back it up
LOL, your making hyundai sound like crooks. First with the whole " long warranty is a marketing scheme" and then in the other thread " just because they advertise good paint quality doesnt mean its true"...Hyundai is a HUGE company and they are making fine cars right now and all there trying too do is get the word out that hyundai isn't what it use too be that being said they wont ruin there reputation with false advertising.

You just need too accept the fact that Hyundai is making awesome cars and that all of its competitors are shitting there pants right now. END
Old 04-24-2011, 12:18 PM   #124
I don't get it

Old 04-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #125
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
those wedsports on the white one are my favorite
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote