REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #876
無敵

Yay pictures, Lol woke up late so was debating whether to go or not. Maybe I'll drop by and check it out for a bit.
Advertisement

muteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #877
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,102 Times in 243 Posts
Dropped by to check it out even tho I missed the sign up. They still let me drive( just a longer wait) so anyone who is even on the fence of going should def check it out!

Oh yeah and free flashlights
Datsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #878
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Just got back from the event. The girl at the booth told me to go to the wrong lineup but I figured that out after waiting in line for about 20 mins or so and a nice guy in the correct line let me go ahead of him. So if you're on here, thanks!

The car is beautifully balanced, with very nice and responsive steering. Going into the corners, it feels light and agile. Unfortunately, they didn't bring any manuals to drive but even so, it paints a pretty good picture of how the car would be with a 6spd. I only realized after driving it that I could have shifted into lower gear to wring a bit more out of it but I still had fun with it. Just can't wait to try the 6spd!
artmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #879
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

test drove one around the block at the scion dealership, the handling, steering, braking and throttle response was excellent, only downfall is there is only one trim level on the scion model and it doesn't have sunroof and very compact trunk space, it is a true 2 seater even though it does have 2 buckets seats and 2 back seats for little kids or grocery bags

would consider if i lived in downtown or a second car but not as a dd
hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #880
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Went at 9:40am with the Blitzgear car. The course is too short to get a good feel for the car. There should be more pictures coming soon. There's a camera guy shooting pictures at the end of the straight away, he got balls to stand there since everyone (including me) was flooring it off the line and heading towards him.

Very nice car at its price range.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:39 PM   #881
無敵

We were going "too fast"... how boring. Wasn't the point of this to rip it and test it out on a track?

Old 06-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #882
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Unfortunately, one FR-S is in our dealership for a nasty oil leak. Transmission had to come out to get a closer look as it was towards the back of the motor. Seems that there was somewhat poor bonding of a plate in the block, and now one section of the exhaust is being replaced because the cat was damaged.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #883

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyComplex View Post
We were going "too fast"... how boring. Wasn't the point of this to rip it and test it out on a track?
Compliants from the staff...?

The VW last year had no limits, drive as hard as you wish, and as many times as you wish.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #884
無敵

Lol. There was a lot of screeching when we were messing around with it, other people were doing like 20-40km around the tiny track area. =/ Wanna do it again hahaha, cause I would never do it with my own. :3

Old 06-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #885
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Well, some of you who know me, will know that I've driven quite the handful of midrange sports cars and I know what I like and don't like in a car. I arrived at 9:20 and was the second person to test drive this car. I was pretty choked that they were all automatic, but for such a tight course, it would have been only 2 gears anyways. I did a total of 3 runs and the first run was in normal all traction control on, second run sport mode traction control one off, and the third run in off off. I won't lie, acceleration leaves something to be desired, but as soon as you hit that first corner, you forget all about it and this is an awesome very balanced fun car. I loved the feel and feed back of the steering wheel, I could argue that it even feels better than my Evo! No lap times were recorded, but it felt quickest when the TC was turned fully off. This car rotates quite well and you can feel when the car was about to slide which was very nice! My only real complaint for anyone considering this car is the rear seats. I'm 5'7", and I felt I was siting pretty forward in bucket seat mode and after the run, I noticed that there's literally 3" or less for leg space in the back. If you need to drive passengers that have legs, make sure you can live with the back seats!!!

Got a Free Scion LED FLASHLIGHT

optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #886
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 264 Posts
Got there around 5:30, just when it started to rain and they didn't allow me, or _mb to do a test drive.
Paradise240 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #887
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,102 Times in 243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyComplex View Post
Were you in the decal'd one? I drove that on my first run and did it very slowly because I was still getting used to the car. Heard from others afterwards and some people were saying he doesnt like the test drivers taking it too fast.

Going for seconds I ended up driving 2 diff. female reps and gave the cars hell, and they were laughing.

I also grabbed the purple flashlight, damn thing was so bright I'm still seeing spots 15 mins later.
Datsun is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #888
無敵

Naw, didn't get that one. Tried the white one.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #889
KO7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

First run was with traction control on, and taking it easy cause I wanted to get a feel for the layout. Second run was with Sport Mode on and the rep said "one lap, make it count. I haven't driven it yet, so show me what it can do." I chirped the tires through all the corners and it was a blast.

Might be putting money down tomorrow to get on the waitlist, and am deciding between 6MT or 6AT, and WRB or SWP colours. Driving my manual car from Vancouver to Steveston 5 days a week in heavy traffic kind of wears on me, but obviously a part of me thinks it's a bit of a waste not to get one of these with stickshift. SWP is classier than blue, but the salesguy said by far the majority of the orders are for white.
KO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #890
I am Hook'd on RS

Made a video about picking up our FR-S!!

rich
VCMC-STC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #891
Banned (ABWS)

Just came back from driving one, man does it dive into corners. Seats are great and braking is pretty good for an el cheapo car. Another thing I love is how low you sit, the pedals are right in front of you, legs are straight.

Handles good as my SW20 with TRD's and Koni's (probably the worn bushings).

Also, love the soft touch interior as well.

And the bad:

Do these cars have a drive by wire system or throttle cable? The pedal didn't seem to deliver much vibrations and I also kicked a hole in the floor pan when I touched the clutch.

Car loves corners, but stock wise, it WILL get raped in merging wars and straights. Very very VERYYYY slow.

Interior is lacking for a $25 000+ car....the cheaper Corolla has a much more inviting interior, same with the Camry, but oh well.

Also, TCS button is useless...how can one actually lose control? It's gutless and handles amazing, makes no sense.

Needs a switch to turn ABS on and off.

Paint feels rather cheapish...

One more thing, gearing is pretty short...short as an Asian's cock.
Over9K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #892
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
Got there at 5:30 (had work lol) but started raining so nope, no test drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:49 PM   #893

I had Mike with the decal car. He didn't say anything when I slide the car sideways every corner. Just pressed gas and floored it making the U after the straights

The interior is much nicer than corolla/matrix. I like it.

Off thr straight it was as slow as my 130hp Matrix
Old 06-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #894
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Response wasn't great off the line, felt a bit like turbo lag but that may have been the auto tranny although the 1-2 shift felt pretty quick and smooth. Mid range punch was ok. Car was quite easy to drive and difficult to get into trouble with IMO. Second many people's thoughts on the ease of feeling the car's rotation and when its about to lose traction. The suspension felt soft but the car didn't roll as much as I would have expected when tossed side to side

Car definitely looks a lot sharper in person than in pics. I was expecting the roofline to be higher and the wheel gap to be nasty based on pics, but it really wasn't that bad in person. A 1" drop with the wheels spaced out ~15mm would be the perfect OEM look IMO.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #895
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,657 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise240 View Post
Got there around 5:30, just when it started to rain and they didn't allow me, or _mb to do a test drive.
I think I saw you guys, I went right before you guys arrived and was told they were closing up too

370z Build Thread
E92 328xi Build Thread
NA6 Miata (Budget) Build Thread

Current: 09 370z, 07 E92 328xi, 16 R6
Past: 09 Civic Hybrid, 93 EG Si, 94 Integra GSR, 02 WRX, 99 NB Miata, 01 E46 325ci, 90 NA Miata, 03 CBR600RR
Limitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:44 AM   #896
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,859 Times in 254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO7 View Post
First run was with traction control on, and taking it easy cause I wanted to get a feel for the layout. Second run was with Sport Mode on and the rep said "one lap, make it count. I haven't driven it yet, so show me what it can do." I chirped the tires through all the corners and it was a blast.

Might be putting money down tomorrow to get on the waitlist, and am deciding between 6MT or 6AT, and WRB or SWP colours. Driving my manual car from Vancouver to Steveston 5 days a week in heavy traffic kind of wears on me, but obviously a part of me thinks it's a bit of a waste not to get one of these with stickshift. SWP is classier than blue, but the salesguy said by far the majority of the orders are for white.
The 6AT gearing is tall as f**k but thats about it, you sacrifice a bit of acceleration but you can do a lot of stuff with that AT. 2nd gear is the one that bothers me, kind of like those 91-93 USDM NSX
JoshuaWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #897
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
I should mention the diff is geared for 4.10, so for people that play with things like that should understand why the gearing is a bit weird.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #898
TKO mod

Hey guys,

I was the one who put on the OpenRoad Scion FR-S Event yesterday.

Hope you guys enjoyed it.

I know the course was super short, but that was the best we could work with the space provided. Either way, hope you got to experience the car

I will be posting video + pics soon on our Facebook Page - OpenRoad Scion

JoshiE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #899
TKO mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post

Cool pics man

Hope u enjoyed the event.

The response from this event was great.
I hope to organize a full sized track this year so you can really push the limits of this car
- Keep u all posted!
JoshiE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #900
KO7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWong View Post
The 6AT gearing is tall as f**k but thats about it, you sacrifice a bit of acceleration but you can do a lot of stuff with that AT. 2nd gear is the one that bothers me, kind of like those 91-93 USDM NSX
Thanks for the info. I can't seem to find an article or review which talks a lot about the 6AT tranny, with facts and/or opinion. Have you come across one?
KO7 is offline   Reply With Quote