REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #26
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,935
Thanked 6,296 Times in 1,771 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I have a question, is Woodburn Company Stores worth the 45min trip down?

Any shopping malls other than Pioneer and Lloyd that is worth going?
Advertisement
__________________
Revscene Classifieds Moderator

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:56 PM   #27
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,944
Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
already been mentiond but sand dunes for sure

just pay attention to the rules, got a speeding ticket from the rental place lol.
__________________
PHOTOGRAPHY / FLICKR
1exotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:32 AM   #28
i like gifs
 
Ch28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: imgur
Posts: 27,179
Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Kenny & Zukes Delicatessen

I still drool thinking of their pastrami reuben
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:53 AM   #29
is adopted but doesn't know it. Shh, don't tell him.
 
eddoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,047
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Don't forget to check out Washington Square, we got a speeding ticket too this weekend. So watch your speed during the night, there are lots of motorcycled officers along the highway at night. Every few KM there was someone that was pulled over, very aggressive. Seemed like they were just pulling everyone they can manage to get as we were on the right lane and the left lane were going a lot faster than us, just make sure to read the speed limit, switches from 70 to 55 near exits in Portland.
__________________
RS Feedback 15-0-0
eddoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:14 AM   #30
I don't get it
 
JL9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 427
Thanked 78 Times in 21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I have a question, is Woodburn Company Stores worth the 45min trip down?

Any shopping malls other than Pioneer and Lloyd that is worth going?
The Outlet Shoppes at Burlington and Premium Outlet should satisfy your cravings and they're on the way. Make sure to check out Pearl district too while you're walking around in downtown; there's a place called Cargo there and they have a wicked collection of random antiques and things.

Oh, and the Southcenter mall > any other mall from Blaine to Portland.

I always make sure to stop by Mother's Bistro for breakfast at least once whenever I'm down in Portland, but the place can get REALLY busy.
JL9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:20 AM   #31
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,935
Thanked 6,296 Times in 1,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
The Outlet Shoppes at Burlington and Premium Outlet should satisfy your cravings and they're on the way. Make sure to check out Pearl district too while you're walking around in downtown; there's a place called Cargo there and they have a wicked collection of random antiques and things.

Oh, and the Southcenter mall > any other mall from Blaine to Portland.

I always make sure to stop by Mother's Bistro for breakfast at least once whenever I'm down in Portland, but the place can get REALLY busy.
Did you mean Southgate mall?

I think Southcenter is in Calgary....?

And thanks!
__________________
Revscene Classifieds Moderator

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:25 AM   #32
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ♠
Posts: 4,847
Thanked 693 Times in 249 Posts
Fuck should of went here instead of boringseattle
Posted via RS Mobile
6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:00 AM   #33
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
Simplex123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,423
Thanked 1,363 Times in 356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Did you mean Southgate mall?

I think Southcenter is in Calgary....?

And thanks!
Nope he did mean southcenter mall. It's in Seattle
http://westfield.com/southcenter/
__________________
'00 Honda Accord V6 [sold]
'95 BMW 325i Cabriolet [RIP]
'03 VW Jetta 1.8T [RIP]
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #34
Jet
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 623
Thanked 56 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
The Outlet Shoppes at Burlington and Premium Outlet should satisfy your cravings and they're on the way. Make sure to check out Pearl district too while you're walking around in downtown; there's a place called Cargo there and they have a wicked collection of random antiques and things.
Personally I would rather shop at Woodburn Company Store than at the Premium Outlets near Seattle, #1 reason is no tax plus I have always found better selections at Woodburn than Seattle Premium. My train of thought when it comes to the outlets are, since I'm already in Portland, why not take the extra 45 mins and take a look, at the very lease, if you don't find anything, Seattle Premium is on the way back home ... do all your shopping in Oregon first and then make your way back up ...
__________________
"Everything's Coming up Milhouse!"
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:25 PM   #35
Jet
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 623
Thanked 56 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplex123 View Post
Nope he did mean southcenter mall. It's in Seattle
http://westfield.com/southcenter/
For any Filipinos out there, this place has a Filipino corner in the mall, Seafood City (pretty much a grocery store that looks like an SM Supermarket) and 4 fast food chains surrounding the corridor to the supermarket. Jolibee, Chow King, Red Ribbon and Tokyo Tokyo ...
__________________
"Everything's Coming up Milhouse!"
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #36
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
JesseBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Here! n There!
Posts: 4,149
Thanked 498 Times in 222 Posts
i hate woodburn...thats just me since i hate shopping...between my wife, sister, mom, aunt, cousin, and numerous other woman that we met there who are acquaintances, the coach shop seems to get ransacked...

i went to the tulip festival ...

i just got back yesterday too
__________________
Go Canucks Go!
JesseBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:40 PM   #37
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Gumby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,777
Thanked 2,812 Times in 1,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Personally I would rather shop at Woodburn Company Store than at the Premium Outlets near Seattle, #1 reason is no tax plus I have always found better selections at Woodburn than Seattle Premium. My train of thought when it comes to the outlets are, since I'm already in Portland, why not take the extra 45 mins and take a look, at the very lease, if you don't find anything, Seattle Premium is on the way back home ... do all your shopping in Oregon first and then make your way back up ...
I agree with this.

Seattle Premium Outlets is too close to Vancouver - they might have more selection to choose from, but everything is picked over leaving you with few sizes left.

Woodburn Outlets had less selection, but if you found something you liked, they probably had your size. Woodburn also has some stores that SPO doesn't have, such as Underarmor and North Face.
__________________
Do Not Put Aftershave on Your Balls. -604CEFIRO
Looks like I'm gonna have some hot sex again tonight...OOPS i got the 6 pack. that wont last me the night, I better go back and get the 24 pack! -Turbo E
kinda off topic but obama is a dilf - miss_crayon
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:56 PM   #38
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
Guy_LikeWhoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: chained2mydesk
Posts: 3,422
Thanked 20 Times in 9 Posts
clubbing: couch st by chinatown.
strip joints: Rouge club, Spyce, Casa Diablo (this one is 10 minutes outside downtown, but totally worth it. i'm talking upsidedown 69 mid air on a stripper pole. crazy place, some real hotties)
__________________
my buy/sell ratings

Quote:
Originally posted by Marco911
Must be funny when he sees his psychiatrist for treatment of his delusions of grandeur.

Hyde: "See my black Ferrari parked in the handicapped spot outside your office"
Doctor: "Where? All I see is a Yaris."
Hyde: "It's a Ferrari dammit! LoL! Yaris!?"
Doctor: " I'd appreciate if you didn't park in the handicap spots."
Hyde: "LOL! The ticket is only like $500 bucks. In fact, my dad's factory makes the handicapped street signs. If you look closely at vegetable in the wheelchair, it's really a picture of me when I was born."
Doctor: "Here, come a little closer you won't feel this at all."<Injects 20cc of Haloperidol>
Hyde: "I feel woozy...hey, what did you do to my Ferrari? That's a real piece of shit parked in my spot."
Doctor: "Welcome to reality."
Guy_LikeWhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #39
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,935
Thanked 6,296 Times in 1,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy_LikeWhoa View Post
clubbing: couch st by chinatown.
strip joints: Rouge club, Spyce, Casa Diablo (this one is 10 minutes outside downtown, but totally worth it. i'm talking upsidedown 69 mid air on a stripper pole. crazy place, some real hotties)


Maybe when we do a trip with the boys.
__________________
Revscene Classifieds Moderator

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:08 PM   #40
Jet
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Richmond
Posts: 623
Thanked 56 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
I agree with this.

Seattle Premium Outlets is too close to Vancouver - they might have more selection to choose from, but everything is picked over leaving you with few sizes left.

Woodburn Outlets had less selection, but if you found something you liked, they probably had your size. Woodburn also has some stores that SPO doesn't have, such as Underarmor and North Face.
Actually Underarmour is now at SPO as well but the store I really want is Helly Hansen which is only at Woodburns and not near Vancouver ...
__________________
"Everything's Coming up Milhouse!"
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #41
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
double0seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: RichCity
Posts: 888
Thanked 375 Times in 134 Posts
^Oh and a new true religion store at Seattle premium outlet now.
double0seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:08 PM   #42
I'm better than you.
 
b0unce. [?]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: East Van
Posts: 8,480
Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I have a question, is Woodburn Company Stores worth the 45min trip down?

Any shopping malls other than Pioneer and Lloyd that is worth going?
From the hotel I stayed at downtown, it took me about 30 mins drive to Woodburn. I easily spent $700 that day shopping, most clothing was like $10-$20. Northface/Columbia jackets for $30, adidas and nike outlets for dirt cheap.
__________________


'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]



Buy & Sell Ratings!
b0unce. [?] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:42 PM   #43
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,935
Thanked 6,296 Times in 1,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
From the hotel I stayed at downtown, it took me about 30 mins drive to Woodburn. I easily spent $700 that day shopping, most clothing was like $10-$20. Northface/Columbia jackets for $30, adidas and nike outlets for dirt cheap.
Holy crap.

For Seattle, I'm staying by the airport and in portland, I'm staying near Lloyd Centre which is pretty close to downtown.

I don't think I'll even be bringing that much money.

Anyways just a reminder for all those who are wondering. This is what you're allowed to bring back to Canada given __ amount of time.

Less than 24 hours - Nothing
More than 24 hours - $50
More than 48 hours - $400
More than 7 days - $750
__________________
Revscene Classifieds Moderator

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:50 PM   #44
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001
 
Alphamale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 9,441
Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post

Anyways just a reminder for all those who are wondering. This is what you're allowed to bring back to Canada given __ amount of time.

Less than 24 hours - Nothing
More than 24 hours - $50
More than 48 hours - $400
More than 7 days - $750
Also, FYI, there isn't any sort of pro-rated amount for staying in between 2-7 days...in case you decide to play the dumb card.

Although that's what got me through untaxed.
__________________
Feedback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason00S2000 View Post
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #45
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Richmond
Posts: 991
Thanked 994 Times in 180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
Travel forum
Posted via RS Mobile
shits barely alive. Look how much posts he has when posted here instead of travel forum
dignatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #46
Say NO to blade grinders!
 
Expresso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,083
Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dignatas View Post
shits barely alive. Look how much posts he has when posted here instead of travel forum
Then I guess we should just remove VLS and put everything here then?


And yea I second Woodburn. You are there you might as well check it out. Unless your shopping only consists of high end labels and their current season line then stick to downtown.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:55 AM   #47
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Coquitlam
Posts: 4,794
Thanked 669 Times in 256 Posts
Todai is no good?
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #48
Say NO to blade grinders!
 
Expresso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,083
Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
Todai is no good?
Sucks.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #49
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge
 
CRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 14,935
Thanked 6,296 Times in 1,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
Todai is no good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
Sucks.
Doesn't even matter anymore. They're closed.
__________________
Revscene Classifieds Moderator

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #50
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
will068's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: van
Posts: 3,412
Thanked 494 Times in 214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Actually Underarmour is now at SPO as well but the store I really want is Helly Hansen which is only at Woodburns and not near Vancouver ...
Isn't there a Helly Hansen outlet in that Outlet center in Blaine ? Although it was renovated, I haven't been to that center in 10 years.
__________________
RS Buy&Sell Rating
will068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net