REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   So this happened while unloading my car from the tow truck... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/643727-so-happened-while-unloading-my-car-tow-truck.html)

littledog 04-24-2011 06:18 PM

So this happened while unloading my car from the tow truck...

Update: Tow company PAID for all repairs!
Bayview Auto Towing
604-538-2032

http://members.shaw.ca/littledog/DSC03611s.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/littledog/DSC03613s.JPG

This was a BCAA tow contracted to an outside company (name withheld for now). Tow truck driver gave me a business card and his boss's name and told me to call. Boss is not in today since it's Sunday. I called and documented with BCAA already.

Damage: Lower valance is ripped where it meets the corner of the bumper on passenger side. Lower valance also budges out in the middle lower part. Passenger side bumper/fender has a gap now.

What should be the next step? What should I be on the look out for when I talk to the tow truck company's "boss"?

Volvo-brickster 04-24-2011 07:49 PM

, they will probably send you to a shop they deal with on a regular basis and they will set you straight

happened when we used Honda Roadside assistance on my moms car...she locked her keys inside ( long story ), tow truck company came and scratched the living shit out of the paint on the B pillar and punctured the weatherstripping

we called Honda, Honda put us in contact with the owner of the tow company and he told us to shop up at a shop. Repairs were done, good as new.

Just call BCAA and let them know as well for their records.

El Bastardo 04-24-2011 07:59 PM

Busters will laugh at you and hang up

CP.AR 04-24-2011 08:02 PM

props to the towing company for doing the right thing and giving your their contact infor!

HondaGuy 04-24-2011 08:07 PM

pictures are worth a million words.

glad you had your camera for proof, I hate misunderstandings.

call the boss and ask to be resolved. Either compensation or have them pay after a bodyshop estimate.

good luck!

lol 04-24-2011 09:20 PM

Same thing happeend to me. I called the owner of the tow company everyday for about 3 weeks. fuckin loser i felt like vandalizing their tow trucks after they fucked my car up but decided that it probably wouldnt be worth it haha.. so i just paid for a new front bumper out of my own pocket.

Redlines_Daily 04-24-2011 10:49 PM

I have had this happen twice now, the most recent was just 2 weeks ago. The first time it happened I dealt with the tow company, they denied responsibility and nothing got fixed. More recently I decided to go straight to ICBC, they are currently dealing with tow company and I am hopeful that they will take care of things.

Just food for thought, you may want to contact ICBC instead of dealing with shady tow truck companies.

littledog 04-24-2011 11:39 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I guess I will see if I can actually get in contact with the boss/owner of the towing company first and see what he says. I already called BCAA and told them what happened. The girl said a supervisor will contact me when he/she comes in on Tuesday. ICBC would be my last resort I guess?

Harvey Specter 04-24-2011 11:43 PM

The tow company might just fix the damage seeing how you're dealing with the tow company through BCAA.

J____ 04-25-2011 12:09 AM

I doubt they'll deny responsibility. As I assume this was a contracted job through BCAA under your request (vs towing your car parked illegally) and you have sequential photos showing the valance being ripped off while the car is backed off the tow truck and the tow truck driver getting out of the car.

I would contact the tow truck company, if they deny it, send them those 2 photos. If they still deny it, talk to a supervisor at BCAA and send them those 2 photos. I doubt you'll need to escalate to anything more since BCAA's credibility is on the line here.

In fact, I might just skip trying to contact the tow company and go directly to BCAA. I think things will get done faster that way since the tow company is most likely wanting to keep a positive relationship with BCAA for future jobs.

felixy69 04-25-2011 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littledog (Post 7405923)
http://members.shaw.ca/littledog/DSC03611s.JPG
http://members.shaw.ca/littledog/DSC03613s.JPG

This was a BCAA tow contracted to an outside company (name withheld for now). Tow truck driver gave me a business card and his boss's name and told me to call. Boss is not in today since it's Sunday. I called and documented with BCAA already.

Damage: Lower valance is ripped where it meets the corner of the bumper on passenger side. Lower valance also budges out in the middle lower part. Passenger side bumper/fender has a gap now.

What should be the next step? What should I be on the look out for when I talk to the tow truck company's "boss"?

its too bad...
wat u do now is call icbc n claim it through their insurance.....
a tow truck dented my intercooler n i had to go through that

littledog 04-25-2011 08:48 AM

Just called and apparently he's "in a meeting". Girl took them message and said she'll send it to his phone and he will call me back *fingers crossed*

dark0821 04-25-2011 09:13 AM

good luck

melloman 04-25-2011 09:41 AM

Bigger question is...

Whats the condition of the bumper? Scratched? Does it need paint? Is the mounting holes still usable for the front valence?

Got to be careful because parts (especially OEM) are ridiculously expensive. (I'm a new Audi owner and learning that fast) I'd suggest if you need a new bumper... try to get a S4 bumper, means you dont need that valence anymore =]

Dragon-88 04-25-2011 10:59 AM

This is what you do:

Call BCAA file a complaint and done.. I would know since I know a BCAA supervisor(He just happened to walk in on his day off and I talked to him about this, showed him this thread)..

Do not deal with the 3rd part tow truck company alone.. This was done through BCAA they should be involved in this.. Plus with those pics its obvious that you will win. So just contact BCAA tell them you have pics and they will help you out.. BCAA will get you to go to a shop and get it fixed and BCAA will bill the tow truck company...

littledog 04-25-2011 11:46 AM

I am not sure if the front valence will go back on. He tried for 10 minutes but it wouldn't go back on so I assume it's damaged in some way?

I filed a complaint with BCAA yesterday already but was told the supervisor won't be in till Tuesday. (Maybe your friend is THE supervisor lol)

The tow truck company just called me back and he said BCAA talked to him already. He asked me to send him the pictures and get a quote on how much to fix from a bodyshop.

Dragon-88 04-25-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littledog (Post 7407093)
I am not sure if the front valence will go back on. He tried for 10 minutes but it wouldn't go back on so I assume it's damaged in some way?

I filed a complaint with BCAA yesterday already but was told the supervisor won't be in till Tuesday. (Maybe your friend is THE supervisor lol)

The tow truck company just called me back and he said BCAA talked to him already. He asked me to send him the pictures and get a quote on how much to fix from a bodyshop.

Yeah theres a few supervisors out there but he does happen to work tomorrow. If you have any troubles he said for you to contact me. But as of right now just leave it in BCAA's hands or in your case get some quotes.

littledog 04-25-2011 11:55 AM

UPDATE:

Just got an email back from the tow truck company. Here it is:
Quote:

Thanks for the pictures, it says 1000 words.......

He is caught red handed, no way he can tell me any different, thanks for taking them and sending them.
And just right now got a called back from BCAA's supervisor to see if everything is alright. He gave me his contact information just in case. I told him which bodyshop I am going to and will go from there.

Dragon-88 04-25-2011 12:31 PM

BTW where was that location??

littledog 04-25-2011 12:33 PM

Parker & Clark

Redlines_Daily 04-25-2011 02:20 PM

That's great, good on the tow company manager for doing the right thing. Do you mind sharing the name of the company after all is done? I would actually be inclined to use this company..sure they screwed up but at least the own up to it!

MWR34 04-25-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lol (Post 7406361)
Same thing happeend to me. I called the owner of the tow company everyday for about 3 weeks. fuckin loser i felt like vandalizing their tow trucks after they fucked my car up but decided that it probably wouldnt be worth it haha.. so i just paid for a new front bumper out of my own pocket.

Atleast the tow truck returned your car....

littledog 05-06-2011 04:37 PM

Update: Tow company agreed on the repair quote and will send me the full amount covering all damages

EDIT: Cheque is in the mail now.

impulseX 05-06-2011 06:31 PM

glad to hear everything went well =]

littledog 06-16-2011 02:00 PM

All the repairs are done now and paid for.
Tow company info is in the first post.