REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Rear ended at pidestrian cross walk

came to a stop to allow pedestrian to cross and a cab rear ended me. anyone have experience with this? what was the outcome?
Advertisement
to0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
His fault. 99.99% of rear enders are going to be the guy at the backs fault. Give icbc a call and get your car fixed. Good luck!
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #3
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
you should have no worries. did the pedestrian stop and give you contact info? that would make your case air tight and rock solid

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I've had the same thing happened to me. I was on stevenson hwy in richmond and i had come to stop to let some kids cross at a cross walk. the driver behind didnt realize i had stopped and he slammed into pushing me through the crosswalk. thank god the kids had already passed my car. could you have imagined if they were in front of my car when the old man hit me from behind. icbc deemed him at fault.
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #5
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Rear ending is almost always the guy behind you's fault, that's why you always are supposed to leave enough room between you and the guy in front of you to be able to stop if he stops quickly. You're good.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:26 AM   #6
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

oh mannn.. dont get me started about cab drivers...prolly the worst drivers after "ehem"...
focus is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2011, 03:40 AM   #7
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

My wife went through this a couple of years ago when she was pregnant. She's still dealing with ICBC, haven't settled the injury claim yet.

If you're hurt, even a little bit - get a lawyer NOW. Don't wait like we did. ICBC will screw you any way they can.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:59 AM   #8
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
did u take pictures? like others said, is his fault. but i've dealt with a past taxi driver incident where they try to BS there way with ICBC to drag on the case.

like Jlenko said, if u start feeling neck pain, back pain or the taxi driver is making it a hassle on this simple claim, get a lawyer
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:46 AM   #9
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
I just have a question on whether or not it was a designated pedestrian crosswalk or you just felt like being nice and stopped because you saw somebody trying to J walk? If it's the ladder I would urge you not to do it again. Yes, I know being a good person is great and yes regardless the car behind you should always be far enough and pay attention that they can stop safely. However, it's often people who do something with the best intent that causes consequences they never thought of. Stopping when you aren't supposed to can be quite dangerous on the road. Just my 2 cents at least.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:11 AM   #10
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
I just have a question on whether or not it was a designated pedestrian crosswalk or you just felt like being nice and stopped because you saw somebody trying to J walk? If it's the ladder I would urge you not to do it again. Yes, I know being a good person is great and yes regardless the car behind you should always be far enough and pay attention that they can stop safely. However, it's often people who do something with the best intent that causes consequences they never thought of. Stopping when you aren't supposed to can be quite dangerous on the road. Just my 2 cents at least.

Actually, if a pedestrian is J-walking, don't you, as a driver still have an obligation to do your best to prevent that accident? The onus is on you not to run over the pedestrian.

The onus is on the idiot tail-gating driver to pay attention to what's in front and to leave enough room for any sudden stops.

At least that's how I've understood things.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #11
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

cousin was in an accident similar to this, his lasted just a bit over a year and a half. he had some back problems after the incident, but ended up grabbing a ton of cash from icbc and what not
mruppal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:23 AM   #12
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
Actually, if a pedestrian is J-walking, don't you, as a driver still have an obligation to do your best to prevent that accident? The onus is on you not to run over the pedestrian.

The onus is on the idiot tail-gating driver to pay attention to what's in front and to leave enough room for any sudden stops.

Yes but I'm not talking about stopping for a j walker who has already begun to cross. I'm talking about a J walker who is standing on the curb waiting until it's clear to go. The situation you are referring to the driver doesn't really have a choice b/c the j walker forces you into stopping but what i'm talking about is the driver making a choice that nobody expects and stopping for somebody to allow them to cross. Huge difference.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)

his job is to leave a 2 second following distance, so he can stop his un educated cab.
KamalB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #14
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post

That is correct. I have actually received this ticket "failed to prevent accident" cause the officer felt sorry for me and knocked it down from an illegal left turn.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote