REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Gaddafi's son and grandchildren killed!!! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/644227-gaddafis-son-grandchildren-killed.html)

Manic! 04-30-2011 03:41 PM

Gaddafi's son and grandchildren killed!!!

Breaking news:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13251570

Nato strike 'kills Saif al-Arab Gaddafi', Libya says
Damage at the house of Saif Al-Arab Gaddafi that Libya's government said was made by a Nato air strike Libya's government took journalists to the site where they said Saif al-Arab Gaddafi was killed
Continue reading the main story
Libya Crisis

* Tripoli witness: Dying for fuel
* The Gaddafi story
* Coalition firepower
* Crisis mapped

A Nato air strike in the Libyan capital, Tripoli, has killed the son of the Libyan leader, Colonel Gaddafi, a government spokesman has said.

Colonel Gaddafi himself was in the large residential villa which was hit by the strike, the spokesman added, but he was unharmed.

His son Saif al-Arab was killed, as well as three of his grandsons.

Journalists say the building was extensively damaged and one unexploded bomb remains at the site.

Saif al-Arab was the youngest of Col Gaddafi's sons, with a lower profile than his brother Saif al-Islam.

He had been studying in Germany and returned to Libya recently.

Government spokesman Moussa Ibrahim said the villa was attacked "with full power."

"The attack resulted in the martyrdom of brother Saif al-Arab Gaddafi, 29 years old, and three of the leader's grandchildren," he said.

"The leader with his wife was there in the house with other friends and relatives, the leader himself is in good health, he wasn't harmed."

"This was a direct operation to assassinate the leader of this country," the spokesman added.

TheKingdom2000 04-30-2011 03:47 PM

So was this mission a fail?
We killed his son which apparently is a low threat and grand sons.
It was a full powered attacked yet they didn't get their mark?

MindBomber 04-30-2011 03:56 PM

I'd say it's hard to call this mission either a success of failure..

Eroding Gaddafi's support network and making him aware he will die if he doesn't resign as the leader of Libya and surrender to Nato forces is essential, this mission did achieve that. However, any mission, regardless of whether it achieves certain goals can't really be called successful if children younger than ten are amongst the casualties.

dangonay 04-30-2011 03:56 PM

Man, they just can't get that guy. Almost the exact same happened back in the 80's when the US bombed one of his palaces. He got out just in time to avoid getting killed.

TheNewGirl 04-30-2011 06:09 PM

This is really really sad.

What's also sad is that Gaddaffi will use the deaths to reaffirm amongst his people and allies the notion that the UN Forces are cruel, child killing maniacs and further polarize his supporters against any efforts against him.

RacePace 04-30-2011 08:22 PM

"derrrrr we're not trying to kill him"

brb bomb son's house

Volvo-brickster 04-30-2011 09:15 PM

And Monday's headlines :

Due to increasing tension in Libya, oil prices are on the rise and we will be paying $1.60 per liter.

CP.AR 04-30-2011 09:29 PM

I am now officially against this attempt to "Stabilize" the nation and to "provide humanitarian aid".

NATO GTFO

LiquidTurbo 04-30-2011 10:13 PM

For some reason this video came to mind..

StylinRed 05-01-2011 12:57 AM

OMG... you gotta be fucking kidding me......

WTH is Nato doing anyway??? they're only supposed to be protecting "civilians" (historically armed rebel civilians who are out to take over the country as well as attack US forces in Afghanistan and Iraq) not going to war....

Why in the hell would they be bombing Gaddafis Compound?? but obviously Britain wants to go to war and take over the country

Like how they wanted to take over Equatorial Guinea by starting a Coup (because Guinea discovered Oil) this just happened in 2004 (Margaret Thatchers son was the brains)

oh fyi this son was the one partying with Beyonce etc, i think..

Quote:

Originally Posted by dangonay (Post 7415120)
Man, they just can't get that guy. Almost the exact same happened back in the 80's when the US bombed one of his palaces. He got out just in time to avoid getting killed.

they killed his daughter

CanadaGoose 05-01-2011 01:08 AM

He brought this on himself.

Think of how many sons, daughters, fathers, brothers, sisters, grandchildren, etc. the Libyans have lost trying to fight for their own freedom. Now this clown of a leader can only begin to feel their pain too.

StylinRed 05-01-2011 01:59 AM

^^^ That's only true if you support the Rebels and believe them... after all its not like Gaddafi just started attacking them out of the blue... they were the instigators

The East has always rebelled against Gaddafi but out of 30+ years he never wiped them out and Gaddafi continued to develop the improve the area instead of wiping it out...

The vast majority of tribes support Gaddafi the Rebel east does not but the East also supports terrorists/militants a great deal of those who have attacked Western troops in Afghanistan and Iraq come from Eastern Libya (Benghazi)

The rebels became more restless as Gaddafi and his forces started cracking down more heavily on terrorists and Al-Qaeda back in 2004ish when Gaddafi supported Bush and the war on terror etc

This is why i wish people would do some research instead of just nod their heads on what they're hearing now what with the biases since they come from the attacking side

you realize everyone in Libya is comparatively wealthier than their neighbours and receive Free education for all (including women); Universal Health Care; 0% interest Home loans; Free land to Farm; the people are actually benefiting from the Oil wealth.

That's why when you see the news in Libya you have clean streets, people, new clothes, skyscrapers (even in Benghazi), everyone seems to have a relatively modern vehicle etc etc etc

Africans love him, they consider him a hero this straight from the mouth of The New York Times' African Bureau; hence why the African League is supporting Gaddafi and trying to broker a peace/truce deal

dangonay 05-01-2011 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 7415789)
they killed his daughter

His adopted daughter. I'd love you to find some pictures/information on his daughter that predate the bombing. There's speculation he adopted her posthumously.

NATO/US/Britain may want Gaddafi dead and may be actively trying to kill him. But I know one thing for sure: the rebels are trying to get him. He's a marked man, so WTF is he doing with family around him (including children) during this time? If it was me (or any sane leader) I'd send my family away while this conflict is happening to protect them from being killed, kidnapped or whatever else the rebels may be planning.

StylinRed 05-01-2011 06:47 AM

^^ his family can't get out remember there was speculation that his daughter and some sons got out of the country and the UK/France wanted to try and get their hands on them

and then we had the no-fly-zones

the point is "nato" shouldn't be bombing essentially the "White House" compound of Libya it's why many countries are up in arms not just Russia/China (they're just the most prominent) Turkey, Germany, etc

danned 05-01-2011 08:17 AM

time for war for gaddafi's revenage

Manic! 05-01-2011 11:00 AM

People talk about what Nato shouldn't be doing but what about what Gaddafi shouldn't be doing. The only person Gaddafi's got to blame is himself.

StylinRed 05-01-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 7416019)
People talk about what Nato shouldn't be doing but what about what Gaddafi shouldn't be doing. The only person Gaddafi's got to blame is himself.

you mean he Shouldn't be putting down an armed uprising against the country by a Militant eastern faction?

gee... i wonder what the USA would do if that happened? oh yeah... they'd start a civil war... (just replace 'East' with 'South')

hell look what nice Western countries do when there are protesters @ a G8 Summit...

What about Bahrain who was killing peaceful protesters and then let a foreign power into the country (Saudi Arabia) to capture/kill peaceful protesters and then ransack hospitals to prevent doctors from treating protesters and arresting the wounded??

And the USA has a Navy Base right there and they didn't bat an eye... they even tried to help the Bahrain King.. by telling him to shuffle his cabinet so the people can "feel" like they are being thought of

why? because Bahrain/Saudi Arabia own the USA and vice versa

What about Syria? who ACTUALLY IS killing PEACEFUL protesters??? oh they get a "stern word" why? because Syria actually has a military

What about Egypt? who's people were actually oppressed? absolutely nothing but "standing by" because Mubarak is an ancient close ally of the USA/Israel

Glove 05-01-2011 11:47 AM

passed over this thread multiple times because I dont really care,

actually read first post and still dont care,

all I care about is my next set of wheels

m!chael 05-01-2011 01:31 PM

cressydrift 05-01-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glove (Post 7416064)

I wish i could 'fail' you more!

Mr.HappySilp 05-01-2011 04:13 PM

If the NATO is there only to protect they should not go bombing and joining the attacks. They are just invading another country. let the citizens fight among themselves.

NATO have on issue invading another country.

Gumby 05-01-2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glove (Post 7416064)

However, you cared enough to make a post...

Glove 05-01-2011 09:21 PM

touche

orange7 05-01-2011 11:54 PM

his sons and grandsons were innocent. they don't deserve this.

quasi 05-02-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange7 (Post 7416999)
his sons and grandsons were innocent. they don't deserve this.

I'm sure Gaddafi has killed many of sons and grandsons who were innocent and didn't deserve to die.