REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #1
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,390 Times in 3,470 Posts
Gaddafi's son and grandchildren killed!!!

Breaking news:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13251570

Nato strike 'kills Saif al-Arab Gaddafi', Libya says
Damage at the house of Saif Al-Arab Gaddafi that Libya's government said was made by a Nato air strike Libya's government took journalists to the site where they said Saif al-Arab Gaddafi was killed
Continue reading the main story
Libya Crisis

* Tripoli witness: Dying for fuel
* The Gaddafi story
* Coalition firepower
* Crisis mapped

A Nato air strike in the Libyan capital, Tripoli, has killed the son of the Libyan leader, Colonel Gaddafi, a government spokesman has said.

Colonel Gaddafi himself was in the large residential villa which was hit by the strike, the spokesman added, but he was unharmed.

His son Saif al-Arab was killed, as well as three of his grandsons.

Journalists say the building was extensively damaged and one unexploded bomb remains at the site.

Saif al-Arab was the youngest of Col Gaddafi's sons, with a lower profile than his brother Saif al-Islam.

He had been studying in Germany and returned to Libya recently.

Government spokesman Moussa Ibrahim said the villa was attacked "with full power."

"The attack resulted in the martyrdom of brother Saif al-Arab Gaddafi, 29 years old, and three of the leader's grandchildren," he said.

"The leader with his wife was there in the house with other friends and relatives, the leader himself is in good health, he wasn't harmed."

"This was a direct operation to assassinate the leader of this country," the spokesman added.
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
So was this mission a fail?
We killed his son which apparently is a low threat and grand sons.
It was a full powered attacked yet they didn't get their mark?
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
I'd say it's hard to call this mission either a success of failure..

Eroding Gaddafi's support network and making him aware he will die if he doesn't resign as the leader of Libya and surrender to Nato forces is essential, this mission did achieve that. However, any mission, regardless of whether it achieves certain goals can't really be called successful if children younger than ten are amongst the casualties.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-30-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Man, they just can't get that guy. Almost the exact same happened back in the 80's when the US bombed one of his palaces. He got out just in time to avoid getting killed.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

This is really really sad.

What's also sad is that Gaddaffi will use the deaths to reaffirm amongst his people and allies the notion that the UN Forces are cruel, child killing maniacs and further polarize his supporters against any efforts against him.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
"derrrrr we're not trying to kill him"

brb bomb son's house
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #7
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
And Monday's headlines :

Due to increasing tension in Libya, oil prices are on the rise and we will be paying $1.60 per liter.
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #8
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
I am now officially against this attempt to "Stabilize" the nation and to "provide humanitarian aid".

NATO GTFO
Old 04-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
For some reason this video came to mind..

LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:57 AM   #10
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
OMG... you gotta be fucking kidding me......

WTH is Nato doing anyway??? they're only supposed to be protecting "civilians" (historically armed rebel civilians who are out to take over the country as well as attack US forces in Afghanistan and Iraq) not going to war....

Why in the hell would they be bombing Gaddafis Compound?? but obviously Britain wants to go to war and take over the country

Like how they wanted to take over Equatorial Guinea by starting a Coup (because Guinea discovered Oil) this just happened in 2004 (Margaret Thatchers son was the brains)

oh fyi this son was the one partying with Beyonce etc, i think..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangonay View Post
Man, they just can't get that guy. Almost the exact same happened back in the 80's when the US bombed one of his palaces. He got out just in time to avoid getting killed.
they killed his daughter

Last edited by StylinRed; 05-01-2011 at 01:10 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:08 AM   #11

He brought this on himself.

Think of how many sons, daughters, fathers, brothers, sisters, grandchildren, etc. the Libyans have lost trying to fight for their own freedom. Now this clown of a leader can only begin to feel their pain too.

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net

Last edited by CanadaGoose; 05-01-2011 at 01:20 AM.
CanadaGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2011, 01:59 AM   #12

^^^ That's only true if you support the Rebels and believe them... after all its not like Gaddafi just started attacking them out of the blue... they were the instigators

The East has always rebelled against Gaddafi but out of 30+ years he never wiped them out and Gaddafi continued to develop the improve the area instead of wiping it out...

The vast majority of tribes support Gaddafi the Rebel east does not but the East also supports terrorists/militants a great deal of those who have attacked Western troops in Afghanistan and Iraq come from Eastern Libya (Benghazi)

The rebels became more restless as Gaddafi and his forces started cracking down more heavily on terrorists and Al-Qaeda back in 2004ish when Gaddafi supported Bush and the war on terror etc

This is why i wish people would do some research instead of just nod their heads on what they're hearing now what with the biases since they come from the attacking side

you realize everyone in Libya is comparatively wealthier than their neighbours and receive Free education for all (including women); Universal Health Care; 0% interest Home loans; Free land to Farm; the people are actually benefiting from the Oil wealth.

That's why when you see the news in Libya you have clean streets, people, new clothes, skyscrapers (even in Benghazi), everyone seems to have a relatively modern vehicle etc etc etc

Africans love him, they consider him a hero this straight from the mouth of The New York Times' African Bureau; hence why the African League is supporting Gaddafi and trying to broker a peace/truce deal
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-01-2011, 06:42 AM   #13
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
they killed his daughter
His adopted daughter. I'd love you to find some pictures/information on his daughter that predate the bombing. There's speculation he adopted her posthumously.

NATO/US/Britain may want Gaddafi dead and may be actively trying to kill him. But I know one thing for sure: the rebels are trying to get him. He's a marked man, so WTF is he doing with family around him (including children) during this time? If it was me (or any sane leader) I'd send my family away while this conflict is happening to protect them from being killed, kidnapped or whatever else the rebels may be planning.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:47 AM   #14

^^ his family can't get out remember there was speculation that his daughter and some sons got out of the country and the UK/France wanted to try and get their hands on them

and then we had the no-fly-zones

the point is "nato" shouldn't be bombing essentially the "White House" compound of Libya it's why many countries are up in arms not just Russia/China (they're just the most prominent) Turkey, Germany, etc
Old 05-01-2011, 08:17 AM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

time for war for gaddafi's revenage
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #16
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,390 Times in 3,470 Posts
People talk about what Nato shouldn't be doing but what about what Gaddafi shouldn't be doing. The only person Gaddafi's got to blame is himself.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
People talk about what Nato shouldn't be doing but what about what Gaddafi shouldn't be doing. The only person Gaddafi's got to blame is himself.
you mean he Shouldn't be putting down an armed uprising against the country by a Militant eastern faction?

gee... i wonder what the USA would do if that happened? oh yeah... they'd start a civil war... (just replace 'East' with 'South')

hell look what nice Western countries do when there are protesters @ a G8 Summit...

What about Bahrain who was killing peaceful protesters and then let a foreign power into the country (Saudi Arabia) to capture/kill peaceful protesters and then ransack hospitals to prevent doctors from treating protesters and arresting the wounded??

And the USA has a Navy Base right there and they didn't bat an eye... they even tried to help the Bahrain King.. by telling him to shuffle his cabinet so the people can "feel" like they are being thought of

why? because Bahrain/Saudi Arabia own the USA and vice versa

What about Syria? who ACTUALLY IS killing PEACEFUL protesters??? oh they get a "stern word" why? because Syria actually has a military

What about Egypt? who's people were actually oppressed? absolutely nothing but "standing by" because Mubarak is an ancient close ally of the USA/Israel
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #18
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
passed over this thread multiple times because I dont really care,

actually read first post and still dont care,

all I care about is my next set of wheels
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #19
Need to Seek Professional Help

Last edited by m!chael; 11-05-2018 at 09:48 PM.
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #20

Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove View Post

I wish i could 'fail' you more!
1982 TE72
1988 5.0
1990 S13 Coupe
2006 Mazda B4000 4x4
1987 Ae86 Coupe
1988 Cressida Wagon
1985 Cressida 7m Swap
1987 Ae86 Hatch
1989 FC
cressydrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #21
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
If the NATO is there only to protect they should not go bombing and joining the attacks. They are just invading another country. let the citizens fight among themselves.

NATO have on issue invading another country.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #22

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove View Post

However, you cared enough to make a post...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #23

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
touche
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #24
Banned (ABWS)

his sons and grandsons were innocent. they don't deserve this.
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:28 AM   #25

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
his sons and grandsons were innocent. they don't deserve this.
I'm sure Gaddafi has killed many of sons and grandsons who were innocent and didn't deserve to die.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: