REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 09-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #151
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

got my copy today wish i could get the canucks cover though....if anyones ever down to play on ps3, my psn is Krazi36o4
Advertisement
areyez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #152
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
What's everyones player called incase we run into each other in a pick up game online?

Il start. Mine is Hakeem Al usain Akbar

And I'm down for an rs team (ps3)
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #153
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Anyone want to vs. my team? (360)
Posted via RS Mobile
mako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #154
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo_s13 View Post
Anyone want to vs. my team? (360)
Posted via RS Mobile
Sure. R u on now? My friend and I bout to play some eashl
Posted via RS Mobile
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #155
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

PS3 patch v1.01 (34MB) out now!
Posted via RS Mobile
skippynixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
Sure. R u on now? My friend and I bout to play some eashl
Posted via RS Mobile
We usually play at night around 10-11ish
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo_s13 View Post
We usually play at night around 10-11ish
Posted via RS Mobile
What's your xbox id?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 09-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #158

does anyone find that the shots seem a little harder and faster(at default levels) compared to 11?
Old 09-19-2011, 01:40 AM   #159
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
late night EASHL session
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:44 AM   #160
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
^ i suck shit but ill join u in a week or so
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:11 AM   #161
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
late night EASHL session
what is the picture for?
Old 09-19-2011, 12:26 PM   #162
Fanboy

what was the ps3 patch for?
Old 09-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #163
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

^Apparently for EA season ticket issues......that's about all I could find.
skippynixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:22 PM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
What's your xbox id?
Niqr

We'll be on tonight probably
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-19-2011, 11:55 PM   #165

Is it just me or is this one of the worst EA hockey games ever made? NHL 10 had lots of glitch goals but it was fast and fun, NHL 11 fixed those glitch goals but the gameplay was slow as hell and too many cheese goals, and now with NHL 12 they've tweaked something again, making it really sluggish and not responsive at all... and most importantly, it's just not FUN anymore! It's like they're trying to make it more realistic every year but it's gotten slower and slower.

It's a friggin' game, keep it fun (even if it's slightly unrealistic)!

Some of my complaints:
- my players can't stay on their feet. the puck gets knocked loose way too easily
- the goalies in online versus mode are like Tim Thomas reincarnated, you need the perfect shot or one timer to beat them and they would make saves that NHL 11 goalies could only dream about
- the timing of passes and one-timers have changed... not sure how to explain it, but it's a little bit hard to predict the behavior of your button-pressing. HATE THIS.
- too many garbage goals... ugly hockey.
- hitting the post too many friggin' times. I counted 6, that's right, SIX time I hit the post/corssbar in TWO PERIODS. WTF?!?!

This game gets a solid 5 of out 10 for me. Don't waste your money paying full price for it, and if you have NHL 11 still - keep it and play that instead! Btw I have the PS3 version and I've heard comments on how the Xbox version is somehow better?!?!?!? How's that even possible that the same game plays differently on each console?

Last edited by Bonjour43MA; 09-20-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Bonjour43MA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #166
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour43MA View Post
Is it just me or is this one of the worst EA hockey games ever made? NHL 10 had lots of glitch goals but it was fast and fun, NHL 11 fixed those glitch goals but the gameplay was slow as hell and too many cheese goals, and now with NHL 12 they've tweaked something again, making it really sluggish and not responsive at all... and most importantly, it's just not FUN anymore! It's like they're trying to make it more realistic every year but it's gotten slower and slower.

Some of my complaints:
- my players can't stay on their feet. the puck gets knocked loose way too easily
- the goalies in online versus mode are like Tim Thomas reincarnated, you need the perfect shot or one timer to beat them and they would make saves that NHL 11 goalies could only dream about
- the timing of passes and one-timers have changed... not sure how to explain it, but it's a little bit hard to predict the behavior of your button-pressing. HATE THIS.
- hitting the post too many friggin' times. I counted 6, that's right, SIX time I hit the post/corssbar in TWO PERIODS. WTF?!?!

This game gets a solid 5 of out 10 for me. Don't waste your money paying full price for it, and if you have NHL 11 still - keep it and play that instead! Btw I have the PS3 version and I've heard comments on how the Xbox version is somehow better?!?!?!? How's that even possible that the same game plays differently on each console?
so to summarize.. i can't score i'm bad at this game it's too realistic for me therefore it sucks
terkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:56 AM   #167

Quote:

Some of my complaints:

It's just you.

This is the best NHL game I have ever played.

NHL 10 was glitched like crazy it was annoying.

NHL 11 was much better but they still had a lot of glitches especially the one where you can deke around a AI defender so easily and a pro can do this 100% of the time. It was because of this glitch that I was forced to play defence on my EASHL team.

NHL 12 the AI is much much better.

If you want something more arcadey there's NHL slapshots for the Wii and that xbox 3on3 arcade download.

If you haven't noticed, all of the major EA Sports games are SIM games. Madden, NBA Live, Tiger Woods, etc. They are all made to be as realistic as possible because that is what the majority wants.
And to comment on your complains:

Your player can't stay in his feet probably cause you're trying to ballet dance with him. and the puck getting knocked off too easily?? This is hockey. The puck doesn't get glued to your blade. In the prvious games it was stuck on the player waaay too easily. Poke checking was so damn useless.

I don't have much to say about the goalies. I still get the save variation of goals in my versus games as NHL 11

You do know that you don't need to time your one-timers. All you have to do is hold LT + up on the right stick and if the puck comes to you, you automatically one time it.

If you watch hockey, most goals are ugly goals. And if you notice in previous NHL games, there are RARELY any garbage/rebound goals in the game. If anything, NHL 12 could use more garbage goals.

I think this is just a coincidence to be honest because just last night when I was playing with my friend we were talking about how we hit the post LESS than NHL 11

The more I play this game the more I like it. The slight improvements to the game really makes a big difference.

My only two major complaints regarding gameplay are:
- That stupid glitch goal where you are coming down the left side (left-handed player) and you do that backhand forehand deke on the goalie scoring short side. It's been in the game since NHL 09 or 10 and I'm very surprised they never fixed that.

- The really buffed up the hip checking and it looks ridiculous. If your player is gliding very slowly and barely glances a player that is in the hipcheck position, you go flying. I've seen replays where my player runs into the guy's head and drops like a fly.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
This post thanked by:
Old 09-20-2011, 01:31 AM   #168

I should note that I don't play against the AI at all - I only play against human players in online versus mode, so all that "improvements" in the AI unfortunately aren't apparent to me when I play.

The timing thing with one-timers is really strange - in NHL 11, I could hold on to pass + up and when the puck comes to the player he'll one time it, but in 12, if I press Up too early, the player with the puck will shoot instead of pass. I don't know if this is for the PS3 version only but I can't get used to this change in timing.

and no, it's not because I can't score or win games. I stopped playing NHL 11 when my record hit 400-250-30something in online versus mode... started off in 12 pretty well, 7-0-0, then boom I lost 7 in a row because of all those things I just complained about.

For those of you that play Be a Pro or other multiplayer modes, you may not notice it as much, but when you play 1-on-1 against someone you will definitely notice those things I mentioned.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:18 AM   #169

I have no complaints about the game except for the hip check thing cause everybody does it.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 09-20-2011, 07:10 AM   #170

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:

Some of my complaints:

You are too use to playing NHL 11. It feels different because it's a different game. If it were the same, you would be complaining about how you are paying for the same recycled garbage.

As per players feeling sluggish, again, you are comparing 12 to 11. Personally I thought the same when I DL the demo, and also during the first few games. However, once you take the game for what it is (NHL 12) and have a few games, you will get adjusted to the difference skating style. Personally, I like it better.

I also like how you can't just automatically strip the puck with a stick lift any longer, and I love how during a chase for the puck, it feels like the puck is more neutral in this version.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:49 AM   #171
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I love the fact that the stick lift is less effective so you don't get stick lift spammed. Poke checking could be improved though but overall. I'm liking this game more then NHL 11
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #172
I don't get it

is there a way to turn off the mic talk in game?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #173
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Do you guys find deking the goalie less smooth, not as pretty?
C5_Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #174

Well whaddayaknow, I won 7 in a row, lost 7 in a row, and now just won 7 in a row again. Wtf.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:39 AM   #175

didnt notice with nhl11...but what are the levels for online play?currently level 8 with a record of 8-2...if anyones ever down to play on ps3(y)feel free to pm!