REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

View Poll Results: Is this vehicle Rice or nice?
Rice 191 93.17%
Nice 14 6.83%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2011, 08:57 AM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joreus View Post
He said the 2-tone paint job was inspired by the F1 car... too bad he got the colours upside down.

Yeah, look it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
i agree you're right about the colours being upside down, but i think it looks better with the black on top
Thanks, me too.

I reversed the colours on purpose to try and make the car look lower and give the front fender some definition. The car looks very tall in a light colour like silver, so by painting the top black it drags your eyes down to the brighter silver and makes the car appear lower. The front fenders have no "flare", so I was hoping the colour contrast would create some like on many other vehicles where the flares are painted a different colour to accentuate them.
Advertisement
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:02 AM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i like how in his poll in the other forum he doesn't mention the numbers that FG2 is putting down.
Why should I? are we supposed to overlook terrible taste cause it puts down power?

If you read the thread linked you'll see I mention it has power, yet that doesn't change the opinions.

There was a guy in Ottawa that modified one of these to run 12s. It was a beast, took many Porsche and Corvette doors - yet it is ugly as fucking hell. Morale of story, just cause it is fast, does not mean it is nice.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #28
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,120 Times in 280 Posts
i dont want to be a hypocrite but i actually dont like that paint scheme on that car although i do have the same on mine (on the bottom pic with the red stripe)
looks alright in the first picture although a simple black does look better

i think my car looks alright but because its so boxy, havent heard any bad feedback from dorikaze yet but those guys are too nice. what do you guys think? same two tone, different car and a bit different scheme

duy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #29
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
No they will not. My car is not hated cause of what it looks like, it is hated cause of my reputation online. Proof being that this thread wouldn't even exist if the OP wasn't trying to make some asinine point.

You don't put underglow on a Benz without knowing it is rice.
You don't paint a slow hatchback like a race car without knowing it is rice.

I know its rice, I like it. The issue always is when I make fun of someone they lash out and attack my car. It is going to be a sad sad day when I finally sell the car and all these losers have nothing left to lash out at - until that day I consider that I'm doing them a favour.
Glad you didn't try and make some sort of personal attack lol.....

When I went looking for a pic of your car and found a recent one I was like..."oh..." but decided to post it anyways. Like everyone else has said it definately looks much better than before.
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #30
'

Thanked 6,557 Times in 1,111 Posts
i like his car in the first pic.
because of the underglow and wing in the second pic it screams rice.

ps taylor i spotted you again today in the trafalgar area
Old 05-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duy- View Post
i dont want to be a hypocrite but i actually dont like that paint scheme on that car although i do have the same on mine (on the bottom pic with the red stripe)

i think my car looks alright but because its so boxy, havent heard any bad feedback from dorikaze yet but those guys are too nice. what do you guys think? same two tone, different car and a bit different scheme

personally, i really like your car
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:36 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737! View Post
ps taylor i spotted you again today in the trafalgar area
Cool, I live in Kits so I'm around that area a lot - yet for the next few months on the bike more than the car. What do you drive so I know to wave?
Old 05-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Glad you didn't try and make some sort of personal attack lol.....

In the link you posted there's one post from a buddy in Ottawa that sums up the whole other thread:

Quote:
did you tell them that of all people, you KNOW what rice is.
Who better to comment on cutting holes in the hood of a Civic than the guy who cuts holes in the hood of his MB! As you can see by the photoshop, I wanted to do even more rice to my car (wing, fender vents, ...), yet ran out of enthusiasm when the engine blew up.

So I get what you were trying to do, yet I know my car is rice, thus why I think you wasted your time on a poll. The Civic is rice too regardless of how fast it is or who owns it.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Your car looks good, just reminds me too much of a truck/jeep where the lower panels are plastic and a different colour - yet that's just cause the car is so boxy like a truck/jeep.

Chip Foose as done this scheme so many times in different variations here's a few:

Old 05-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #35
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

imo, two tone paint looks better on older cars. especially muscle cars. or maybe its rice because it reminds me of this:

fail:

sick:

s300ae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #36
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:

I think it looks great, but then again, ae86s were made with 2 tone paint back then.
db2 #51 - garage queen/summer daily
golf mk3 - 2016 winter beater [sold]
ae92 - 2017 spring beater
Cillu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:03 PM   #37
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:

i like two tones on 86. the light blue on dark blue is my favorite. i would have gone oem jdm style if i were to do a black silver two tone. but having done a black/red years ago its a pita to get the masking right for the fenders. here is one for reference.
toyota86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #38
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a3fc/event.png
MWR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #39
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
I've always not minded your car, I also didn't mind the red stripe... but it does look a bit better without.

At first I wished you had left your wheels as is, but painting them black fits well with the look of the car.

Bottom line, you don't see a lot of these cars modded, and anything unique is always a good thing IMO. I also love done up wagons, so that tells you something Although that does make me a hypocrite, as both my cars are as run-of-the-mill as it gets
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:06 PM   #40
Banned (ABWS)

Seems like 2 tone 86's belong that way.
Birchum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #41
RICER

not my style....but if the owner likes it

all that matters
CAB #4 :evil
2020 CTR
tegman is offline   Reply With Quote