REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:24 AM   #201
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post

Why should the Driver test be done in other languages other than English or French? The road signs in Vancouver are in English. They are not in Chinese, Korean, Japanese....... so what if someone pass the Driver with their language but have no idea what it means in English. You know how dangerous that can be?
you just a whining bitch who apparently has never got out of vancouver to see the real world.

have you been to Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China, HK, or ANY other countries whose native language is not English? ALL of these countries without exception have their street signs in both their own language AND English. Why? because they want to make life easier for foriengers, and this is what I call hospitality. What makes you think Canada can be so arrogant and doesn't need to have signs in other languages? you think the Queen still rules the earth or something? wake up! it's time to pull your head out of the hole and see the real world.
Advertisement
sundance1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 05:58 AM   #202
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundance1911 View Post
you just a whining bitch who apparently has never got out of vancouver to see the real world.

have you been to Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China, HK, or ANY other countries whose native language is not English? ALL of these countries without exception have their street signs in both their own language AND English. Why? because they want to make life easier for foriengers, and this is what I call hospitality. What makes you think Canada can be so arrogant and doesn't need to have signs in other languages? you think the Queen still rules the earth or something? wake up! it's time to pull your head out of the hole and see the real world.
They have signs in English because everyone learns it at one point or another. It's an universal language.

How do you expect to have signs here in other languages without stepping on people's toes? What if you have signs in Chinese but not Japanese? Or have signs in Cantonese instead of Mandarin. People would feel discriminated against.
bengy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 06:36 AM   #203
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urban.boi View Post
The real estate market out in Hong Kong and China (Shanghai) is even worse. New luxury apartments in Hong Kong are going for $40,000 HKD (abt $5000 CDN) per sq ft. (About 1400 sq ft) that's $56,000,000 HKD (7million CDN for an apartment that is 1400 sq ft)
Im gonna translate this if i was living in China

"Why would i pay 7 Million here, when i can pay $500,000 there for the same thing. Not only that, its also one of the best cities in the world to live in. Everybody here is already doing this, so why not me aswell."
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 07:05 AM   #204
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Picard View Post
^c'mon man that's just not in good taste
really?, maybe you tell that to my neighbour who painted his house bright red, talks really loud outside late at night, spits all over the place, and generally thinks he can act the same way in Vancouver as he does in China.

btw, most mainlanders buy here is because they want to shelter their money before some China Govt official takes all their assets back home.

Everytime I see some young asian kid driving a nice lambo, I am thinking how many people did his parents take advantage of to buy him that car.......
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-31-2011, 07:48 AM   #205
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:
really?, maybe you tell that to my neighbour who painted his house bright red, talks really loud outside late at night, spits all over the place, and generally thinks he can act the same way in Vancouver as he does in China.
paint their house in bright colours = plenty of white people's home nearby UBC/westside

talk really loud outside late at night = white people in downtown or low-lifes on the bus/skytrain

spit all over the place = white gangsters wanna be spitting every minute on public ground while smoking

Is not just asians. white people do this same shit. Why don't you hate on them too?
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 07:55 AM   #206
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
it's going to be the same trend as hongers and twangers in the last decades. Parents sent their kids to Vancouver to study and settle...gave them all the best shit on Earth, because they couldn't afford in the homeland. White folks get jealous and rant on RS.

As kids grow up, they smoke weed, get lazy, and bbt everynight, then they will find Vancouver is almost impossible for them to make a living. Either they become an average Vancourite or they start moving back to where they came from.

After that, the next booming country, it could be India or Russia or some more Asian people move in, history repeats. That's Vancouver.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 09:10 AM   #207
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
I have a problem with your everyone work harder and we all benefit mentality, and you should too. Why should I work harder to help the rich enjoy a richer and more luxurious way of life, those that can obviously fend and take care of themselves? Why should a post-secondary student have to work 2 part time jobs then get taxed on the income, take out a student loan and graduate with $100k of accumulated debt, to help fund the 'visiting resident student' who accumulates the same debt while not working and not generating income tax with no intention of paying it off and goes back to the motherland after graduation?

My $80 tax rebate example was an extreme one. However they would have bought that same handbag and government would have generated the same tax income without the $80 handout. We've already brought up examples of abuse of the education system, medical system, etc etc, that are much costlier and no amount of sales tax generated from consumed goods can make that up. Maybe abuse is too strong a word, it implies improper use. The problem is not with the people taking advantage of the system, it is that the system is too easy to take advantage of; so those who feel they are eligible for something, feel that it is their entitlement.

Bums and freeloaders, I wish we could ship them off all to mainland China and let their government take care of them much like how our government are taking care of their rich people (only half serious). But hey, what can you do, these people can't fend for themselves whether its by choice or by nature. The immigrants coming in and leeching off our social systems even though they pay sales tax, they don't get the same pass from me. As I mentioned earlier, the blame is as much on the gov and the system as it is on them, but we should all know what is right and what is not
+1 what parm said.

No I don't have a problem with it, clearly your the one with the mentality that will hold you back. My grandfather managed someone else factory in HK for most of his life before he was able to open his own factory to make his small fortune. I understand the north american way is to work but also to relax and enjoy life but seeing how we are in a global village now, you either figure out how to compete at the top level or forget about getting rich.

100k? is this student going for a PHD? 30-40k is about average for a student getting a bachelors. That money that student owes, is straight up COSTS, its not money going to fund the "visiting student". And just so you know, half of tuition is already funded by the government. The only thing I can agree with you on is the fact that I don't like students who run back to their home country's without returning the loan. Because that speaks of someone's integrity, but it probably happens much less now. However, these loopholes is the responsibility of the government. It doesn't matter your race or where you came from, people everywhere will abuse loopholes to some extent.

oh and for those that don't like the housing prices, well its simple supply and demand. you shouldn't be mad at mainlanders, your hate should be directed towards the economic system we have in place. The government has realized that they need their money for the overall economy. The borders here have never been opened to just anyone, the government only lets in the people they need. Don't think they are that stupid.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Last edited by bing; 05-31-2011 at 09:18 AM.
bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 09:17 AM   #208
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
Do you mind if I ask where you are originally from?

I don't understand why this language thing is even an issue. Even the women in the original video is speaking English, albeit broken as hell. I'm sure her English is probably better than Skinnypup's Chinese hahaha.
I'm from Brazil. I don't see businesses, for example, bending over backwards to accommodate Portuguese speakers. Hell, I go down to Seattle from time to time to buy some Brazilian products (soft drinks, cookies, etc), and the whole store is in English/Portuguese, and everyone who works there speaks both. It pisses me off to no end when I walk into a number of places here where the signs are all in Chinese (or Punjabi for that matter), and the workers don;t speak a word of English. Wtf? If I was in China or India, I'd have no problems with it (I'd just grab a friend and have him translate), but I'm in Canada, where the official languages are English and French.

Quote:
I truly don't understand why not learning English in canada is such a big deal for many of you.

I can totally understand why all the rich immigrants won't bother to learn a lick of english here, and I support them 100%. This is a free country what language they speak is none of you business.

You need to understand: Many of the wealthy Chinese in Canada came here for a very short term purpose: they either just want to send their children here for education or just buying a 2nd home here for vacation or investment purpose. Under this circumstance do you think any of them would actually want to seriously learn a foriegn language?

answer this: if you ever become rich enough to purpose a 2nd house in Mexico or the Middle East for vacation / investment purpose, would you be learning Spanish or Arabs like theres no tomororw? no, you would not. You would still be in Mexico or Middle East and expect them to speak your language (in this case english) to be at your service.

Get this: try to get into the richman's mindset is the first step toward one day being like one of them.
I would at least learn the basics, so I could at least have a basic conversation with people, should the necessity arise. Also, you just described a snob, not a rich person. Important distinction there. I, personally, do not expect anyone to bend over to me. That's just retarded. That sounds something like someone who was born into money would do, not someone who busted their ass to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
You haven't seen them in shopping malls do you? They just say Chines! Chinese Chinese?

What the heck do you mean Chinese lol. I am sorry at least learn how to communicate better. What's more funny is they tried to grab anyone who looks like they are Chinese and ask for help in Chinese. Everytime that happens I always say I don't speak Chinese. Learn some English.

Why should the Driver test be done in other languages other than English or French? The road signs in Vancouver are in English. They are not in Chinese, Korean, Japanese....... so what if someone pass the Driver with their language but have no idea what it means in English. You know how dangerous that can be?

Just wait a few more years where a decent cost over 2m and the locals can't afford to even buy an apartment that will be fun to see.
Agreed there too. You *need* to have at least basic knowledge of the language. Heck, my mom went to Japan without knowing Japanese about 20 years ago, and she said it was insane to the point she grabbed a book to learn basic japanese so she could get around in the city, and communicate with people, as nobody knew Portuguese (not that she expected that).

As for driving, yeah, the test has to be in English or French. Those are the official languages. Otherwise, why should it be just the 'major languages'? I want my Portuguese driving test!

Quote:

Yes, and in Brazil you will have some signs in both languages too, but there is no expectation when you go there that the fucking government will try and accommodate you because you don't want to learn the local language. Same for businesses.

Last edited by Mr.C; 05-31-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 09:23 AM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
it's going to be the same trend as hongers and twangers in the last decades. Parents sent their kids to Vancouver to study and settle...gave them all the best shit on Earth, because they couldn't afford in the homeland. White folks get jealous and rant on RS.

As kids grow up, they smoke weed, get lazy, and bbt everynight, then they will find Vancouver is almost impossible for them to make a living. Either they become an average Vancourite or they start moving back to where they came from.

After that, the next booming country, it could be India or Russia or some more Asian people move in, history repeats. That's Vancouver.
I agree with your comments, I hate the fact the many people come to Canada and take advantage of what we have to offer. Btw, I am asian guy who has grown up in Vancouver, 10-15yrs ago ethnic tension was next to nothing. You are right, allot of white folks are jealous of rich mainlanders, but the new mainlanders have very little respect for NA culture.

A few yrs ago to my horror, fucking idiot members of the Van Sky car club were driving their cars in a parade on Robson street, blocking traffic while they filmed their videos, people were honking, but they didn't care. Total jerk off's that think people care about what they have or who there father was......
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 10:34 AM   #210
Need to Seek Professional Help

Last edited by m!chael; 11-05-2018 at 09:45 PM.
m!chael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #211
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban.boi View Post
The real estate market out in Hong Kong and China (Shanghai) is even worse. New luxury apartments in Hong Kong are going for $40,000 HKD (abt $5000 CDN) per sq ft. (About 1400 sq ft) that's $56,000,000 HKD (7million CDN for an apartment that is 1400 sq ft)
Yeah I knew someone would use that point to defend their stance.

First of all, I was making a point about the AVERAGE household being unable to afford a regular/non-luxury house here in the Lower Mainland. So, why would you make a comparison of an AVERAGE household buying a LUXURY apartment in Hong Kong? It's obvious that an AVERAGE family cannot afford a LUXURY estate. That's like comparing apples to oranges. It doesn't make sense.

Secondly, in Hong Kong, they have MUCH better social housing policy offered by the Hong Kong government to HELP alleviate their current expensive real estate market for low income households. Why didn't you talk about that?

We have nothing of that nature here, in fact, the government has decreased our affordability by tacking on a HST last year, and the stupid First Time Home Buyer tax credit has been insignificant to help curve the cost.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:17 PM   #212
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,118 Times in 161 Posts
Having
Anger
Towards
Everyone
Reaching
Success

Haters keep hating. Its not going change much. The ballers gonna keep ballin.
Posted via RS Mobile
Jayboogz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #213
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
No ones hating on the Chinese. At least, I'm not. There's no reason to hate on them. They are just taking advantage of the climate that our government had created to allow them to steam roll through our residential real estate market like that. This couldve happened with residents of any country, it just happened to be the Chinese. If there's one person or group of people that we should point our fingers at. It should be the people that have done NOTHING prominent to help resolve or alleviate this situation and that is our GOVERNMENT.
Posted via RS Mobile
I'm not an economist but I think we may well be ignoring the rest of the investor grade immigrants' contribution to our economy. They do spend significantly in supporting our economy, from luxury cars, meals, groceries, goods purchased, entertainment, property tax, income tax from their investment, at least until they receive their citizenship.

I do agree with you on our government's inefficiency. Perhaps democracy here is an illusion. I have never met one single person who supports the bike lane madness in downtown yet we all still have to suffer with it being completely underused.
observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:22 PM   #214

I love it how people think once they reach a certain level of success every hates them because of their success, but in reality people hate you becuase money has turned you into a douche........there are allot of self made people in Vancouver who don't feel the need to flaunt their weatlh. I'd rather spend my hard earned cash on people who matter to me...my family and close friends.
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengy View Post
Who gives a shit? We want to work and live in Vancouver, not China.
Last time I checked, the Chinese salesman was making a few hundred thousand a year at Porsche taking full advantage of the situation.

There are lots of opportunities.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:30 PM   #216
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
I'm not an economist but I think we may well be ignoring the rest of the investor grade immigrants' contribution to our economy. They do spend significantly in supporting our economy, from luxury cars, meals, groceries, goods purchased, entertainment, property tax, income tax from their investment, at least until they receive their citizenship.
Alot of Chinese investors that I know of don't reside in Vancouver after they purchase properties here. They basically come here, snatch up a few properties, then they go back to their homeland. Maybe visit once or twice a year here.

Vancouver basically serves as a hub for them to hide their money, now I'm not saying that all of them are like that, but a lot of them are. Therefore, I don't think that equates to them supporting our economy by luxury cars, meals, groceries, and other goods and entertainment cause they don't live here. Everyone pays property tax as long as you own property. Rental income can heavily be under the table, so therefore untaxed.

The modern day wealthy Chinese are very patriotic, they know it's the same government, and economy that got them rich. They would care less about getting a Canadian citizenship, cause then they would need to give up their Chinese citizenship.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #217

Quote:
Alot of Chinese investors that I know of don't reside in Vancouver after they purchase properties here. They basically come here, snatch up a few properties, then they go back to their homeland. Maybe visit once or twice a year here.

Vancouver basically serves as a hub for them to hide their money, now I'm not saying that all of them are like that, but a lot of them are. Therefore, I don't think that equates to them supporting our economy by luxury cars, meals, groceries, and other goods and entertainment cause they don't live here. Everyone pays property tax as long as you own property. Rental income can heavily be under the table, so therefore untaxed.

The modern day wealthy Chinese are very patriotic, they know it's the same government, and economy that got them rich. They would care less about getting a Canadian citizenship, cause then they would need to give up their Chinese citizenship.
You are quite right about the husbands, but I think their family members do spend quite substantially here. Perhaps insignificant compared to the father, but for our small economy, the wives and kids are putting down quite a lot of money.

Look at Holt Renfrew, look at all the restaurants in Richmond, look at all the luxury car dealerships.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:57 PM   #218
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
There is a law in the Philippines and Thailand that only residents of their given countries can own land. This is to enable to that citizens of that country to be able to afford their house prices.

If that law was in effect here; only people living in Canada could purchase houses thus lowering prices. Hopefully...
They can do it here too but then again the middle/high class residents will buy all the houses and flip the price to mainlanders to buy.

the poor gets poorer and the richer gets richer
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #219
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
I love it how people think once they reach a certain level of success every hates them because of their success, but in reality people hate you becuase money has turned you into a douche........there are allot of self made people in Vancouver who don't feel the need to flaunt their weatlh. I'd rather spend my hard earned cash on people who matter to me...my family and close friends.
That is your personal choice...NOT a global standard that all non-douches should abide by...

If a person with money enjoys the luxury of a nice vehicle or a nice house, they are entitled to enjoy that. If they wish to spend it on their family vacations instead, they are also entitled to do that too...If someone has a hobby and interest in cars, they shouldn't spend their money on them?? Other people's priorities are not your business...just like your priorities aren't my business...

In your case here, you are hating because of success because we are talking in a general sense and no one here has spoken about "flaunting" their own personal assets...So why is that an issue that you bring up??

It's easy for someone to say "if I had this money...I would do this..." When the time comes, and you obtain financial success, we'll see how your perspective changes (if it all.)
Old 05-31-2011, 02:14 PM   #220
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,380 Times in 3,462 Posts
Quote:
That's called a vacation property. Lots of Canadians are doing the same thing in the states.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:52 PM   #221
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
u get ass rape with the american tax for housing why would canadians do that
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-31-2011, 05:26 PM   #222
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
That's called a vacation property. Lots of Canadians are doing the same thing in the states.
Has it reached our level of unaffordable?
Do we have nearly as many foreclosures?
Do they generate as much international interest as we do?

The answer is NO, so I don't see your point.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #223
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
Secondly, in Hong Kong, they have MUCH better social housing policy offered by the Hong Kong government to HELP alleviate their current expensive real estate market for low income households. Why didn't you talk about that?

We have nothing of that nature here, in fact, the government has decreased our affordability by tacking on a HST last year, and the stupid First Time Home Buyer tax credit has been insignificant to help curve the cost.
Sorry what is this affordable housing in HK that you speak of? Unless you have less than ~$10,000 (don't know exact figures) household income, you won't qualify for low income housing. Of course, you can always buy a cage in the cage cities...

Doesn't Vancouver offer co-op housing and low income housing? I remember reading other threads how there are a bunch of co-op houses in Coal Harbour and people see people living there yet driving nice SUVs. Also isn't the old Olympic Village still on sale with lots of vacancies for quite cheap? How come people don't buy there then instead of complaining of all the above 1.5 million dollar houses are being bought by mainlanders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:22 PM   #224
I am Hook'd on RS

no...I will continue to encourage the rich immigrants here not to speak the local language, and this is how most of them do anyways.

Why? because when Americans moves to China, HK, Japan or any other Asian countries (For long term work /vacation not just temporary), almost none of them bother to learn the local languages, so why should the Chinese learn your language?

And you say the governments in other countries don't bend for foreigner's needs... uh you obviously haven't never got out of this shitty country..in Japan ,China or Taiwan, we have many "American schools" or "european schools" so that the Americans and Europeans can have their children study in those school, in their own languages and don't have to go to the local schools....can you imagine the level of arrogance here? is Canada doing the same? Does Canada have a Chinese school so that we Chinese can get proper education and don't have to go to the shitty local schools and be with white trash kids and learn how to smoke pot and vandalize? answer is no.

so you poor white trash or chinese traitors just keep complaining..just like others say, haters be hating, but your poor government will just welcome more rich Chinese to buy up your land with open arms. don't like it? work harder, or move to mexico or brazil where you will instantly become rich comparing to the locals, just like what we are doing.
sundance1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-31-2011, 07:02 PM   #225
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
no...I will continue to encourage the rich immigrants here not to speak the local language, and this is how most of them do anyways.

Why? because when Americans moves to China, HK, Japan or any other Asian countries (For long term work /vacation not just temporary), almost none of them bother to learn the local languages, so why should the Chinese learn your language?

And you say the governments in other countries don't bend for foreigner's needs... uh you obviously haven't never got out of this shitty country..in Japan ,China or Taiwan, we have many "American schools" or "european schools" so that the Americans and Europeans can have their children study in those school, in their own languages and don't have to go to the local schools....can you imagine the level of arrogance here? is Canada doing the same? Does Canada have a Chinese school so that we Chinese can get proper education and don't have to go to the shitty local schools and be with white trash kids and learn how to smoke pot and vandalize? answer is no.

so you poor white trash or chinese traitors just keep complaining..just like others say, haters be hating, but your poor government will just welcome more rich Chinese to buy up your land with open arms. don't like it? work harder, or move to mexico or brazil where you will instantly become rich comparing to the locals, just like what we are doing.
You REALLY should stop with this Sino-centric bullshit. It's arrogance like this that makes people hate the foreign investors more. I was gonna stay out of this thread, but your post pissed me off with the bleeding Chinese nationalism; since when were "Chinese traitors" even a BLIP in this thread? There are several private schools in Canada that cater to Korean and Chinese students, if you haven't realized that. It's a two-way street, learn the fucking language, even if it's BARELY enough to get by, or just take that money and invest in stocks from home. If someone intends to invest in a foreign country, doesn't it make sense to have a basic grasp of the local language?

Personally, I don't care too much about Mainlanders buying properties, as long as it isn't purchased in one of the more affordable markets. While the money they bring is a stimulant to the economy (even if it may be solely to protect it), I also find it unfair to potential first time home buyers that the few affordable homes that would be perfect for them were taken for investment.