REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #951
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
+1 I bought my skate jersey from Sport Chek two months ago and it has the vintage V on the label.
Advertisement
Spectre_Cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #952
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

authentic jerseys are only made the year that jersey is "active"

the nhl does not make "retro" or "vintage" authentic game jerseys
skippynixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #953
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
So they can be "legit", but not "authentic"?

It's legit when it's licensed and not a knock off?
And authentic means "exactly what the player wears"?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #954
I HERP TO YOU DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
So they can be "legit", but not "authentic"?

It's legit when it's licensed and not a knock off?
And authentic means "exactly what the player wears"?
authentic, by what he means is - game worn fight strap the whole shabang

what everyone's mostly buying is authentic replicas by that sense legit replicas or watered down version of the game worn jerseys
hypediss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:29 AM   #955
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypediss View Post
authentic, by what he means is - game worn fight strap the whole shabang

what everyone's mostly buying is authentic replicas by that sense legit replicas or watered down version of the game worn jerseys
if that is true, that is news to me.. i always assumed authentic meant legit... at least by the true definition of authentic.

i always thought "game worn" or "pro" meant the ones the players wear.

but what do i know... they change up the names all the time.. wau back when ccm was still making the jerseys, there was replica, semi pro, and pro
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:30 AM   #956

People that do not buy authentic jerseys usually don't for 1 reason...price

Why is it so important that a jersey be legit when the majority of people can not spot one anyways (provided its not printed NASLAND and the numbers are straight).

If someone is that big of a fan that it has to be legit why aren't they goin one step further and buying the real thing.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #957
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippynixx View Post
People that do not buy authentic jerseys usually don't for 1 reason...price

Why is it so important that a jersey be legit when the majority of people can not spot one anyways (provided its not printed NASLAND and the numbers are straight).

If someone is that big of a fan that it has to be legit why aren't they goin one step further and buying the real thing.
I think the big reason is that you CAN spot fakes.. like a sore thumb!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #958

I've actually seen Knock offs with the fight strap or tie down, but are not near the quality
Old 07-22-2011, 10:38 AM   #959

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
The quality of Authentic edge jerseys are better than premier replicas and everything on the edge jerseys are stitched (including the words vancouver) that's why.

But like you said, I buy premiers simply cause its cheaper than edge jerseys
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by jeedee; 07-22-2011 at 10:43 AM.
jeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #960
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
The quality of Authentic edge jerseys are better than premier replicas that's why.

Posted via RS Mobile
edge is the name of reeboks jerseys.. isn't it premier edge and authentic edge? fucking all this terminology.

the material changes too... the canucks game worn have been different from when they first came out and recent years...
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2011, 10:43 AM   #961

[QUOTE=BlueG2;7520590]fucking all this terminology.
QUOTE]

Agreed
Old 07-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #962

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
edge is the name of reeboks jerseys.. isn't it premier edge and authentic edge? fucking all this terminology.
Its premier replica and edge authentic.

There's also fake shit knockoff available at craigslist
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 07-22-2011, 10:48 AM   #963
I HERP TO YOU DERP

Quote:
The quality of Authentic edge jerseys are better than premier replicas that's why.

Posted via RS Mobile
yea if u go to the team store u'll notice the difference in the type of finish...

say, for example, the stick and rink logo patch on the shoulders of premier jersey - it is regular print patch sown on the jersey, but on the authentic jersey, the logo on the patch is not a print, but its actually machine sown

so suttle differences

im not saying that the replicas are not authentic - they just decide to name game worn jerseys as "authentic" and the replicas as "premier" by all means they are both real and authentic in that they're not fakes u see on ebay

confusing, i know
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #964
RS Veteran

Quote:
Its premier replica and edge authentic.

There's also fake shit knockoff available at craigslist
Posted via RS Mobile
i know the differences.. i just didnt know the differences in the secondary names.. i am also aware of the fake jerseys. i spotted them since the 09-10 season
Old 07-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #965
I HERP TO YOU DERP

o yea, for those of you looking for caps - they got a bust load of new eras at the team store
Old 07-22-2011, 10:56 AM   #966

I have no problem buying a game authentic $400 jersey of my favorite player but i also own several "cheaper" ones that are great for ball hockey and spilling drinks on apparently...lol

Good discussion though
Old 07-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #967

Whoever named edge as "authentics" and premiers as "replicas" should be slapped in the back of the head. It should be:

Edge
Premier
Knockoff

That's it. No edge authentic and premier replica bs. Too confusing for the average consumer.

On another note I'm tempted to get a home kesler that's cheap...I already have a home and away hank so I unno
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #968
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
I have no problem buying a game authentic $400 jersey of my favorite player but i also own several "cheaper" ones that are great for ball hockey and spilling drinks on apparently...lol

Good discussion though
just because you can afford to buy a $400 jersey doesn't mean everyone else can. I feel perfectly comfortable buying a $150 premier replica and owning more than one for that price. I'm a huge fan but I don't see the value in having "professional" grade materials when I'm just wearing it to show my support for the Canucks

personally, 2x premier replicas > 1x authentic edge. But that's just me. I don't care if anyone else has an authentic or not. When it gets into knock offs, that's where the grey area is for me. I'll buy it to play ice hockey in (because then I don't care if it gets ripped/damaged) but I'll never wear it outside of that.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2011, 03:08 PM   #969
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
just because you can afford to buy a $400 jersey doesn't mean everyone else can. I feel perfectly comfortable buying a $150 premier replica and owning more than one for that price. I'm a huge fan but I don't see the value in having "professional" grade materials when I'm just wearing it to show my support for the Canucks

personally, 2x premier replicas > 1x authentic edge. But that's just me. I don't care if anyone else has an authentic or not. When it gets into knock offs, that's where the grey area is for me. I'll buy it to play ice hockey in (because then I don't care if it gets ripped/damaged) but I'll never wear it outside of that.
co-sign. Having an edge jersey is pretty pointless unless you really have that extra money to spend. Premier's are more than just for 'spilling drinks on'

What a fuckhead comment to make
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:42 PM   #970
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post

Why would play ice hockey in a knock off, that shit doesn't breathe. Practice Jerseys are were its at.

Edge Jersey's are collectibles. ($400)
Premiers are for game nights ($200)
Knock offs are for everyday use ($40)

Who gives a fuck about what another man wears anyway. I don't walk around making fun of people for wearing knock off jersey's. You get what you pay for.

Ill post a pic when i get my first knock off. Going to be a CCM of a team and player not of the Canucks...

I have,

Kelser - 40th anny EDGE
Bieska Home - Premier
Luongo Team Canada - Premier
LeCLAIR Home nike authentic
Skate away no name - vintage ccm
2000 Whale one (No idea what its called) - replica ccm (not knock off)

Plus all my other jerseys from ice hockey when I was young.
1982 TE72
1988 5.0
1990 S13 Coupe
2006 Mazda B4000 4x4
1987 Ae86 Coupe
1988 Cressida Wagon
1985 Cressida 7m Swap
1987 Ae86 Hatch
1989 FC
cressydrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:49 PM   #971
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by cressydrift View Post
Why would play ice hockey in a knock off, that shit doesn't breathe. Practice Jerseys are were its at.
Don't have one yet, so I don't know how it breathes. Was gonna get one to see how it holds up but I can't find a decent looking one.
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #972
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
co-sign. Having an edge jersey is pretty pointless unless you really have that extra money to spend. Premier's are more than just for 'spilling drinks on'

What a fuckhead comment to make
Before you go ahead and rip the guy a new one, I'm pretty sure by "spilling drinks on" he was referring to the fabric on the premier/edge jerseys called Xtrafil. It's water repellant. It's also why they switched to airknit on all the team issued edge jerseys because players hated it. In reading his post he didn't make any snide remarks or come off with an attitude. He just said he had no problem buying an authentic of his favorite player and used premiers for messing around. What's wrong with that?

If I wasn't in a position to get authentic edge jerseys for cheap, I probably wouldn't buy them, or my collection wouldn't be what it is. Cheap edge jerseys can be had, you just have to know where to look!

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #973
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hype View Post
Before you go ahead and rip the guy a new one, I'm pretty sure by "spilling drinks on" he was referring to the fabric on the premier/edge jerseys called Xtrafil. It's water repellant. It's also why they switched to airknit on all the team issued edge jerseys because players hated it. In reading his post he didn't make any snide remarks or come off with an attitude. He just said he had no problem buying an authentic of his favorite player and used premiers for messing around. What's wrong with that?

If I wasn't in a position to get authentic edge jerseys for cheap, I probably wouldn't buy them, or my collection wouldn't be what it is. Cheap edge jerseys can be had, you just have to know where to look!
Damn, if that's the case..sorry guy LOL
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 05:35 PM   #974
RS Veteran

I would never get an "edge" jersey to wear because 1) it is heavy as hell and hot to wear going out 2)it cost too much to wear... i don't need to wear a jersey with a fight strap 3)i don't wear hockey jerseys in general because i don't think they are fashionable at all 4)i only wear them if i am going to a game, or if it is playoff game nights.

those are MY reasons.. not knocking anyone who wears them daily or what not.... I wouldn't spend anything more than a premier because the premier's actually look really good unlike the replicas of old.

I am also the type that would never wear a team jersey for pickup or any kind of hockey unless it was a practice jersey.

Lastly, I would only get an edge jersey if it were framed and signed.
Old 07-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #975
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
thanks for the quick jersey lesson

now anyone know where i can find a Home 93/94 skate jersey thats vintage/ccm and NOT a knockoff for cheap?
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote