REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #1126
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
whatever they have in stock starts at 150 + tax, use their ebay page for ref
Advertisement
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #1127
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
RMS is wrong.

The real patches are made by National Emblem and they are Canucks Team Store exclusives. The patches were never sold separately; only stitched directly onto the jersey.

Unless your 40th jersey was game worn, team issued, or a retail Premier purchased from the Canucks Team Store with the 40th tag on the inner hem then your patch is fake.
They are legit. They are licensed by the NHL and nhlpa
Old 10-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #1128
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
They are legit. They are licensed by the NHL and nhlpa
Why would a patch have to go through the NHLPA for licensing? You would only need to do that if it had a player's name or image on the product because the PA own the rights. You would never have to do this for a patch unless it had the player's face or name on it.

The Stanley Cup Finals patches are also made by National Emblem and you won't find the NHLPA logo anywhere on the packaging because it's not necessary.

Believe what you want but the Cool Hockey patches are knockoffs. Compared to my team issued 40th jersey, their patches look nowhere close to the same quality because they were never made available separately.

Don't be surprised if your 40th comes back with a name and number as that's what they're selling on Cool Hockey. Shows how accurate they are with cresting...
Old 10-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #1129
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Why would a patch have to go through the NHLPA for licensing? You would only need to do that if it had a player's name or image on the product because the PA own the rights. You would never have to do this for a patch unless it had the player's face or name on it.

The Stanley Cup Finals patches are also made by National Emblem and you won't find the NHLPA logo anywhere on the packaging because it's not necessary.

Believe what you want but the Cool Hockey patches are knockoffs. Compared to my team issued 40th jersey, their patches look nowhere close to the same quality because they were never made available separately.

Don't be surprised if your 40th comes back with a name and number as that's what they're selling on Cool Hockey. Shows how accurate they are with cresting...
obviously for exclusive rights

Old 10-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #1130

Here's a list of manufacturers who have NHLPA licensing deals: Licensed Products

NATIONAL EMBLEM is not on here. Why? Because their products don't feature a player's name or image to require licensing.

I am posting all facts here, not going by hearsay.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #1131
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #1132
UFO

Quote:
RMS is wrong.

The real patches are made by National Emblem and they are Canucks Team Store exclusives. The patches were never sold separately; only stitched directly onto the jersey.

Unless your 40th jersey was game worn, team issued, or a retail Premier purchased from the Canucks Team Store with the 40th tag on the inner hem then your patch is fake.
I think shawn was saying that coolhockey.com are legit and licensed by both NHL and NHLPA, so odds of them selling fake stuff is next to none. The patch itself doesn't need to be NHLPA licensed because there is no PA association there as you mentioned. About them selling 40th jersies with names, there is this note they mention: "NOTE: This item is discounted because this jersey has had its back and sleeve numbers removed and replaced; and shows small but visible stitch marks around the numbers." Leads me to believe they know they messed up but have removed the name bar and tried to fix the number placement. *just a guess*

Now I'm not sure IF the official 40th patches were/are available anywhere, but FWIW on the back of the Nathional Emblem SCF patch packaging, it does show the Canucks 40th patch, presumably to tell buyers that they are available for purchase? I've never seen one in packaging available for sale though.

I did also recently see a few 40th jersies at Vancity Sports with the 40th patch too, I wouldn't think that those patches are fakes, but maybe they are? The jersies themselves are legit though.

I'm not trying to pick sides or start fights, just stating my own uninformed observations.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #1133
Banned (ABWS)

no fights/argument please, just a normal jersey debate.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #1134

The packaging on the Stanley Cup Final patches did have the 40th patch on the back. If you were to contact National Emblem directly they will not sell you any unless you are the Vancouver Canucks. Many people in the jersey community have tried and they were denied every single time.

I am aware of Van City Sports and their so-called 40th patches. As soon as the Canucks Team Store found out, Van City Sports was ordered to pull them all off the floor because the patches were unauthorized reproductions (and only the Canucks Team Store is permitted to sell the 40th with patch.) If you were to contact Van City Sports regarding this issue they will deny it but my source is from the Vancouver Canucks, the person who actually made the call to them. If they're back on the floor now I wouldn't be surprised. The guy who runs the place is a scumbag.

Licensing would be a different issue on it's own. If I was a manufacturer I would need a license to produce NHL products because the league gets a cut. If I was making something with a player's name or image I would need it approved by the NHLPA as well because the players also get a cut. Ryan Kesler got in some hot water a while back because his Firstar RK17 line was not approved through the PA, hence you will not see a NHLPA logo anywhere on the packaging.

A retailer would have very little to do with licensing. Anyone who has a Reebok account can order jerseys for resale. What's stopping them from ordering counterfeit patches to sell with these jerseys? Nothing. There's very little enforcement being done to stop counterfeiting despite what you see/hear on the news.

Don't take my word for it though. Contact the Canucks Team Store (team.store@canucks.com) and they will tell you exactly the same thing regarding the 40th patches.

Last edited by mickz; 10-17-2011 at 02:40 PM.
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:38 AM   #1135
Banned (ABWS)

Does anyone want a david booth home jersey in size small? I have a Never worn canucks home jersey with tags but not attached for $90
+$50 at RMS for name and stitch

Old 10-23-2011, 07:28 AM   #1136
KO7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I want to get an "A" stitched on my home-blue Kesler jersey. Where to get this done in Vancouver, Burnaby or Richmond?
KO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #1137

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KO7 View Post
I want to get an "A" stitched on my home-blue Kesler jersey. Where to get this done in Vancouver, Burnaby or Richmond?
Pretty sure Pacific Coast Cresting [in Vancouver] can do it for you. I'm not sure of the cost though.

If you're willing to take the skytrain to Surrey Central station, Aaron at the Hockey Shop can stitch the "A" onto your jersey for $10.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #1138
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
yeeeueh skate jersey!

1. shawn79 - medium white skate linden
2. ufo - medium red skate linden
3. JqC - medium red skate linden
4. vansterdam - medium white skate linden
5. woob - medium white skate linden
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #1139
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
NEVER SHOP AT VANCITYSPORTS

the owner is a douchebag. Its unfortunate that they have the most awesome newera canucks fitted hats

but the fucker didnt have to lie to my face and tell me that they were exclusive to them.

I bought my black on black canucks hat from them becuz dipt didnt have my size and told me to try these fuckers

DIPT has some awesome canucks hats too, but the selection is far less than what it is at Vancitysports

but fuck..i absolutely hate that fucking place
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #1140
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^ yeah they have bad service. And hats are expensive.
!YaoShi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #1141
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
NEVER SHOP AT VANCITYSPORTS

the owner is a douchebag. Its unfortunate that they have the most awesome newera canucks fitted hats

but the fucker didnt have to lie to my face and tell me that they were exclusive to them.

I bought my black on black canucks hat from them becuz dipt didnt have my size and told me to try these fuckers

DIPT has some awesome canucks hats too, but the selection is far less than what it is at Vancitysports

but fuck..i absolutely hate that fucking place
check the landsdowne collectors den, they have some good ones too if its not sold out

i want that blue letter vancouver black hat from there but not sure if i want it anymore cause the guy is a douche
(beside the bigass A)
Old 10-23-2011, 05:29 PM   #1142
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I don't understand what you guys have against that place, I bought my black on black skate hat from them during the summer without any problems. I even spent 15 mins trying on the different Canucks hats before picking one.
beanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #1143
KO7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Pretty sure Pacific Coast Cresting [in Vancouver] can do it for you. I'm not sure of the cost though.

If you're willing to take the skytrain to Surrey Central station, Aaron at the Hockey Shop can stitch the "A" onto your jersey for $10.
Thanks, I'll email PCC. Is it strange that my Kesler home jersey didn't come with an "A" though?
KO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #1144
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Thanks, I'll email PCC. Is it strange that my Kesler home jersey didn't come with an "A" though?
Nope, mine didn't but I had one stitched on when I had my Stanley Cup finals patch stitched at the Hockey Shop.
beanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #1145

Quote:
It depends when you got your jersey..if you bought it before the 08/09 season [when Kesler wasn't an assistant captain], then it wouldn't have an "A".

Just curious, where'd you get your jersey? I can understand if you had Kesler's away jersey and it didn't have the "A" but a Kesler home without it is odd.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #1146
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

From RFD

NHL Reebok Premier Sewn Jerseys $70.58 + Free Shipping

Jerseys for the Avalanche, Canadians, Devils, Ducks, Hurricanes, Kings, Leafs, Penguins, Red Wings, Sharks, Stars

Jerseys for the Flames, Oilers, Senators, Blues, Capitals, Rangers, Sabres, Wild, Panthers

eBay.ca Big Deal: NHL Reebok Premier Sewn Jerseys $70.58 + Free Shipping - Posted Oct. 23, 2011 - RedFlagDeals.com

However, there doesn't appear to be any discounted Canucks jersey's
pure.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #1147
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
No canucks
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #1148
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pure.life View Post
From RFD

NHL Reebok Premier Sewn Jerseys $70.58 + Free Shipping

Jerseys for the Avalanche, Canadians, Devils, Ducks, Hurricanes, Kings, Leafs, Penguins, Red Wings, Sharks, Stars

Jerseys for the Flames, Oilers, Senators, Blues, Capitals, Rangers, Sabres, Wild, Panthers

eBay.ca Big Deal: NHL Reebok Premier Sewn Jerseys $70.58 + Free Shipping - Posted Oct. 23, 2011 - RedFlagDeals.com

However, there doesn't appear to be any discounted Canucks jersey's
That's a pretty solid deal on Premier jerseys... I can order them directly from Reebok CCM and it costs me $60, but that's with shipping included.

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #1149

You guys are 2 weeks late
Old 10-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #1150

The word "sewn" is misleading...