REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #26276
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Again, if you think Canucks are going to win, predicting a sweep is not that far off from predicting Canucks in 7...You both think Canucks are the better team....One thinks the Canucks will be able to be slightly better and score 1 more goal than the opposition in 4 games straight, while the other thinks it will be 4 out of 7 times...It's not that much different....

That said, I didn't predict a sweep; I think I said Canucks in 6, but I'm definitely not going to go calling people who predicted a Canucks sweep retarded....If people who predicted a Canucks sweep are retarded, at this point, people who predicted Canucks in 7 are pretty retarded too......

As I said before the series started:
Not necessarily true. I assume predictions are based on educated guesses.
Not being a homer. No sports analyst predicted Canucks in 4. Some even predicted Kings to win it.
Anyone that predicted 4 are retarded, and anyone that predicted 6 or 7, either pulled that number by random,
or acknowledged LA not to be a pushover team just because they are number 8, and Canucks are number 1.
So how would predicting winning in 6 or 7 games be as retarded as winning in 4 games.

And "lucky bounces" are part of the game. but not part of sports predictions.
People don't predict lucky bounces, which is why they are considered "lucky"

Otherwise, you're basically saying predictions in general, are retarded, or anyone that makes predictions are retarded.
Advertisement
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #26277
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
Not necessarily true. I assume predictions are based on educated guesses.
Not being a homer. No sports analyst predicted Canucks in 4. Some even predicted Kings to win it.
Anyone that predicted 4 are retarded, and anyone that predicted 6 or 7, either pulled that number by random,
or acknowledged LA not to be a pushover team just because they are number 8, and Canucks are number 1.
So how would predicting winning in 6 or 7 games be as retarded as winning in 4 games.

And "lucky bounces" are part of the game. but not part of sports predictions.
People don't predict lucky bounces, which is why they are considered "lucky"

Otherwise, you're basically saying predictions in general, are retarded, or anyone that makes predictions are retarded.
I never brought up the lucky bounces, somebody else did....

My point is that if I think the Canucks are the better team, even if that means by just a tiny bit, it's not any more retarded to predict that they will be slightly better in 4 games straight than it is to predict that they will be better in 4 out of 7 games.......and look how it's turned out...We're on pace for Kings in 4.....Would it have been retarded to predict that the Kings would sweep????
Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #26278
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Right, so it's wrong to say that the lucky bounce goes to the Canucks in 4 games straight?? and you used the Vancouver-Chicago series from last year as an example...You realize that series was 3-0 for Canucks before the Hawks came to back to force game 7 right? So we were one lucky bounce away in game 4 from winning the series in 4 games...we didn't get it, and the series went to 7 games.............
The probability of winning 4 straight games due to 4 lucky bounces in a row is slim. I've never heard of a team that swept a series by fluke.

The Vancouver-Chicago series wasn't a lucky bounce away from sweeping them. They won game 4 and 5 convincingly showing that the were just as good. Game 6 was the only game that coulda gone either way in which the Canucks coulda shown that they were the better team by a larger margin. But instead we won by 1 goal in OT in game 7.

We had trouble with LA this season. It was why I was hoping we would get SJ. Knowing this, why would anyone predict a sweep? I don't call anyone retarded based on predictions since ANYTHING could happen in the playoffs but I don't agree it's an educated guess. There's a reason why people predicted Van-NYR/Pitts final right?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 04-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #26279

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
The Vancouver-Chicago series wasn't a lucky bounce away from sweeping them. They won game 4 and 5 convincingly showing that the were just as good. Game 6 was the only game that coulda gone either way in which the Canucks coulda shown that they were the better team by a larger margin. But instead we won by 1 goal in OT in game 7.
Okay sure, but either way we won 3 games straight........You are basically telling me that it would be retarded to predict that that series could've been a sweep, but there they were, 1 game away from completing a sweep........
Old 04-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #26280

Quote:
Okay sure, but either way we won 3 games straight........You are basically telling me that it would be retarded to predict that that series could've been a sweep, but there they were, 1 game away from completing a sweep........
Well I didn't predict a sweep in that series and yes you're right that they were 1 game away from sweeping. But like I said, anything can happen in the playoffs and it's why I don't call anyone retarded. But before a series begins, you can only predict on how the series will go based on previous events. I didn't see any indication on how the Canucks could sweep the Hawks and the Kings. I'm not saying it COULDN'T have gone that way just saying it wasn't likely.

And does this not apply to other things as well? Stocks, sports gambling, etc.? Unless u use previous information to speculate something, you're just 100% guessing, no?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #26281

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
I think the word "retarded" is the wrong word in this case. When people make predictions, most think of a REALISTIC, LOGICAL outcome.

Yes the Canucks were 1 game away from sweeping Chicago, but prior to the series most people would predict a REALISTIC, LOGICAL outcome such as 6 or 7 games. If someone said "the Canucks will sweep Chicago in 4 games" they're either pulling that number out of their ass or a homer fan.

The same thing can be applied to this series. That's why you don't see professional NHL analysts predicting sweeps. Cause it rarely happens and it isn't a realistic outcome (in most cases).

At the end of the day, the Kings haven't swept the Canucks yet
Old 04-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #26282
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
A prediction of either LA sweep or Vancouver sweep would have been an uneducated guess anyway.
There was good indication this was a pretty even match up. And while current events prove otherwise, anything can happen,
Canucks are failing to show up anywhere to their expected potential, and are down 3-0.
But current event can't be taken in account for this.

If Canucks lose tomorrow, and LA does end up sweeping, anyone that predicted LA in 4-0 is still retarded, and just lucky.

It's like someone playing poker and going in All-in preflop with 2,7 and hitting a fullhouse on the flop.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #26283
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
Seems like I have opened a can of worms.

Who cares? At the end of the day we all hope the Canucks win, whether it be a sweep or ugly series. It doesn't matter.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #26284

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
A prediction of either LA sweep or Vancouver sweep would have been an uneducated guess anyway.
There was good indication this was a pretty even match up. And while current events prove otherwise, anything can happen,
Canucks are failing to show up anywhere to their expected potential, and are down 3-0.
But current event can't be taken in account for this.

If Canucks lose tomorrow, and LA does end up sweeping, anyone that predicted LA in 4-0 is still retarded, and just lucky.

It's like someone playing poker and going in All-in preflop with 2,7 and hitting a fullhouse on the flop.
Well said. Wish I used that poker analogy too

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Old 04-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #26285
Corny FTW!! MOD

Kevin Bieksa ‏ @kbieksa3

Good re-group day today for the boys! Lots of team bonding... Got these guys right where we want them!!

They better have a beast of a game. Otherwise, they're just mocking Canucks fans. =/

Sponsored by:
Soundsgood

For all your car audio needs!
#3-910 Tupper Avenue
Coquitlam, BC V3K 1A5
Shop: 604-961-8626
www.soundsgoodauto.com

Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday, 9:00 to 6:00
Old 04-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #26286

That poker analogy is great.....and sometimes in poker, people play off hunches as well....so like jeedee later said, the word "retarded" probably wasn't the best one to use....is calling a sweep the most educated guess? no, probably not, but I wouldn't call it retarded....

I called Caps to win over Boston....Is it the most educated guess? No, but I had a hunch that Washington would get their shit together and pull off the upset....that doesn't make my prediction retarded...
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #26287
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Prior to the series, I had the Canucks winning in 6, but I wouldn't have been shocked to see the Kings 'upset' us.

When their top 6 clicks, they are a stacked team
Brown, Kopitar, Williams, Carter, Richards, Penner

vs

Raymond , Henrik, Burrows, Booth, Kesler, Higgins

this just shows how much we need Daniel back
Old 04-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #26288
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
I dunno if Skinnypuppy was really joking or not about the Canucks sweeping. If he was then it wasn't a very well delivered joke as there was little indication of trolling.

But I will give him this. He probably talks down on the Canucks more than anyone here which gives what he said SOME validity.
Quote:
I dunno if Skinnypuppy was really joking or not about the Canucks sweeping. If he was then it wasn't a very well delivered joke as there was little indication of trolling.

But I will give him this. He probably talks down on the Canucks more than anyone here which gives what he said SOME validity.
Obviously a horribly delivered jokes as I overestimated the intelligence of the people here. I actually expected someone to call it out when I posted, but nobody did. So I guess they thought I was serious even after expressing my doubts about their chances against the Kings as opposed to the Sharks. In that case, anyone who thought I was serious really is retarded

As for "being afraid of fails"

I thought it was pretty clear what my thoughts are on this team, and making a joke/superstitious prediction I thought would be amusing. Maybe I didn't portray it well, maybe people here are just too confrontational, or maybe they are just stupid. My guess is it's a combination of the three for some people, based on previous posts.

In any case, it's clear that people in here are always looking for a fight, so I'll have to watch my words more. I have been trying to do so, but sometimes you can't control what people perceive, I guess.
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-17-2012, 06:59 AM   #26289
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Before the series started I said Canucks in six. For those that were saying that this series has the most potential to be an upset, I simply classified the people stating this as haters.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:07 AM   #26290
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
i said nucks in 6 before start of season as well

now nucks in 7!!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #26291
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
i said nucks in 6 before start of season as well

now nucks in 7!!
You predicted an outcome of a Playoff series even before the season started? lol...

Old 04-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #26292
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
lol i meant series
Old 04-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #26293
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Old 04-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #26294
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
I can feel the love in this thread.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #26295
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
hahaha thought this was hilarious, playoff headgames

Todd Bertuzzi Would Like The Predators To Get Their Own Ping-Pong Table - Motown Lowdown - SB Nation Detroit

Quote:
"Today, Predators players were using the ping pong tables in the hallway outside of the locker rooms. Todd Bertuzzi saw this and then told them if they wanted to play they needed their own table, then folded up the table, and rolled it into the Wings locker room."
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #26296
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
looks like the Kings have made adjustments to their D pairings with Daniel looming

Mitchell paired with Greene
Old 04-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #26297
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
lawls

the real scoop

Quote:
"I came out of our room, saw some of their guys wanting to play on our Ping Pong tables and told security," Bertuzzi told the Free Press. "I didn't do anything else. I didn't move the table myself."
Rumors that Bertuzzi had personally packed up the table and wheeled it away swirled around the morning skates today. The Wings host the Predators at 7:30 (NBCSN, FSD) in Game 4 looking to even the first-round series. No one among the Wings had heard of Ping Pong Gate, but greeted it with delight.
Red Wings' Todd Bertuzzi: 'All I did was tell security' about Predators' Ping Pong trespassers | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
Old 04-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #26298
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
good ol Bert ahahahah

Old 04-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #26299
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
-really hoping that the Canucks will see double again on Wednesday.

A picture of the twins leaving their hotel.

Last edited by pastarocket; 02-21-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #26300
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Daniel may be taking a risk to play and help get his team back in the series. Its not up to AV as someone posted earlier. If it were, Daniel would be there game 1.

Henrik plays an over 3 minute shift right after getting his bell rung.

These guys have no heart. We need North American leadership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Closed Thread