REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

Bonka 10-25-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winson604 (Post 7628997)
^^
Yes, but Schneider basically played this game so would it be Lu now? lol

Regardless of how Lu plays, they should start having Schneider play back to back games when he plays well in the first one.

jeedee 10-25-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7629005)
If he takes us to the cup, great! If he lets in 3 goals on 14 shots every game, fuck him! Is that "bandwagoning" or common sense?

That right there is definitely bandwagoning.

Win a game = Love Luongo
Lose a game = Run Luongo out of town

I've said this time and time again, this isn't NHL on PS3 where you can go 82-0. Teams lose, goals get let in, teams play like shit on some days and don't.

Common sense would be acknowledging the fact that Luongo won't get 82 wins and to expect the hard times and shitty games.

I love Canucks fans. When they win, it's all sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.

And when they lose, they start talking like they've played the game for 30 years and could do SO much better.

spideyv2 10-25-2011 08:23 PM

Don't worry guys, it's still October :troll:

mb_ 10-25-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenDuang (Post 7628984)
Hall said Canucks are "Fun to beat"

It's also fun playing in the playoffs.. :fuckthatshit:

SkinnyPupp 10-25-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 7629009)
That right there is definitely bandwagoning.

Win a game = Love Luongo
Lose a game = Run Luongo out of town

I've said this time and time again, this isn't NHL on PS3 where you can go 82-0. Teams lose, goals get let in, teams play like shit on some days and don't.

Common sense would be acknowledging the fact that Luongo won't get 82 wins and to expect the hard times and shitty games.

I love Canucks fans. When they win, it's all sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.

And when they lose, they start talking like they've played the game for 30 years and could do SO much better.

So in your opinion, it should be:

Luongo plays well: sunshine and lollipops
Luongo plays like absolute shit: sunshine and lollipops

? :seriously:

Ronin 10-25-2011 08:28 PM

The problem is most Luongo haters don't hate him because of any rational reason so it's more like...

Luongo plays like absolute shit: Run Luongo out of town.
Luongo plays well: Luongo was terrible. The defense bailed him out. We'll run him out of town tomorrow! Trade him for a bag of pucks!

jeedee 10-25-2011 08:29 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt...jo9_r2_500.gif

Not sure if srs skinny

Luongo plays like absolute shit: run him out of town, trade him!!11123123, put schneider for the next 5 years etc

Do.You.Understand.

Or should i get xilley to explain it :lol

Bonka 10-25-2011 08:30 PM

It is the nature of the position. You get too much credit when you win and you get too much blame when you lose. It is what it is.

Given Luongo's notoriety, Vancouver fans and the love-hate relationship I would actually say he's handled himself pretty well in seasons past. This season, well..we'll see.

My problem with Luongo critics is that many of them automatically assume that Schneider will pick up after Luongo and bring them to some higher state of goaltending just like that. Schneider is a great goalie but we have yet to see him start a "starting goalie's" amount of games. There is a difference in playing well in 25 games and playing well in 60.

!YaoShi 10-25-2011 08:31 PM

Luu starting is predictable. I wanna see them try something else and start schneider.
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 10-25-2011 08:31 PM

So you guys are both saying completely different things

I don't see anyone complaining when Luongo plays well. he gets full credit. Where do you think all that "Conn Smythe Talk" was coming from? Luongo? No it was the fans and the media. But then he SHIT THE BED (you can't deny this) and things are different.

As for who plays the next game, it depends on the opponent. St. Louis has a winning road record, so I would expect to see Schneider get the start. If it was a Nashville or a Columbus, we'd be seeing Lu.

SumAznGuy 10-25-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7629021)
Luongo plays like absolute shit: Run Luongo out of town.
Luongo plays well: Luongo was terrible. The defense bailed him out. We'll run him out of town tomorrow! Trade him for a bag of pucks!

You think Florida will give us that much for him? :heckno:

411ken 10-25-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 7629039)
You think Florida will give us that much for him? :heckno:

Not for pucks! I bet they trade us Jacob Markstrom or Gudbranson for him :)

pure.life 10-25-2011 08:54 PM

Ginger Power!

spoon.ek9 10-25-2011 09:01 PM

^ thanks, i missed that save because of freaking NHL centre ice failing midway thru the 3rd period :swear:

spideyv2 10-25-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeedee (Post 7629024)
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt...jo9_r2_500.gif

Not sure if srs skinny

Luongo plays like absolute shit: run him out of town, trade him!!11123123, put schneider for the next 5 years etc

Do.You.Understand.

Or should i get xilley to explain it :lol

hoooly fuark at the gif

rsx 10-25-2011 09:43 PM

I'm of the "start whoever is hot" wagon. I'm a hockey fan, I don't see $ signs or contracts or "franchise players" I see performance, attitude and results. Wouldn't that make more sense? Accountability, competition, reward, and in the end everyone is better for it?

pure.life 10-25-2011 09:48 PM

AV should go with 1A/1B style like the Bruins did prior to last year when Thomas went god mode. Let the better goalie play and play whoever gives the team the best chance to win. Right now, it's not Luongo

SkinnyPupp 10-25-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pure.life (Post 7629151)
AV should go with 1A/1B style like the Bruins did prior to last year when Thomas went god mode. Let the better goalie play and play whoever gives the team the best chance to win. Right now, it's not Luongo

Luongo IS the Canucks. You can't do that.

AV is less of a coach than he is Luongo's babysitter. Listen to his post game interview, it was absurd. First he says you can't blame Luongo, then when asked why he pulled Luongo he said "it was time to make the change"

:fulloffuck:

spoon.ek9 10-25-2011 10:11 PM

sometimes it sparks the team and tonight was a prime example of that. pulling the goalie is a wake up call to the entire team, not just the goalie. regardless of how we feel about luongo, he's their teammate and they will want to respond.

CRS 10-25-2011 11:04 PM

And this is why I try not to come into this thread after a Canuck loss.

Greenstoner 10-26-2011 12:27 AM

sorry i didnt got a chance to watch today, did Lu got pulled ?

cctw 10-26-2011 12:29 AM

yo gotta admit though..that second goal was pure ugliness x 9000

SkinnyPupp 10-26-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 7629259)
And this is why I try not to come into this thread after a Canuck loss.

Because people criticize the play of their favourite team and players? :seriously:

Oh, we're just supposed to brainlessly jump around and wave our pompoms, sorry I forgot

spideyv2 10-26-2011 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7629342)
Because people criticize the play of their favourite team and players? :seriously:

Oh, we're just supposed to brainlessly jump around and wave our pompoms, sorry I forgot

Nah. Mostly because people bitch and complain, like typical fairweather fans.

Read Spectors article, one of the only times i kinda agree with that douche.
Posted via RS Mobile

Tim Budong 10-26-2011 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7629031)
So you guys are both saying completely different things

I don't see anyone complaining when Luongo plays well. he gets full credit. Where do you think all that "Conn Smythe Talk" was coming from? Luongo? No it was the fans and the media. But then he SHIT THE BED (you can't deny this) and things are different.

As for who plays the next game, it depends on the opponent. St. Louis has a winning road record, so I would expect to see Schneider get the start. If it was a Nashville or a Columbus, we'd be seeing Lu.

in any other city that woud be correct

in this city
Luongo wins. pulls out a 30/31 save effort. Ohh must be the sedins and their magical twin potions working.
Luongo loses. ALL HIS FAULT..even thought he makes that 31/32 save effort. BURN HIS ASS
Luongo loses.. like 2nite 11/14 saves. with 3 being let in within 5min. BURN HIS FUCKING ASS.

Even when Luongo gets a shutout, he never really gets full credit with the fans in this city

admit this people