REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #8426
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Poor little kid who wanted a high five at the end of the game......... every Canuck just ignored him and walked on by.

Well, it was a better outcome than last night.

In other news, final home game for the BC Lions tomorrow.

Go, Lions, GO!
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #8427
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
So much for the bounce back game.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #8428
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Wow. Sedins' game aren't even close to what they were the last 2 years. Almost no passes are clean passess anymore. Still too early so I can't tell if the book is out already on the Sedin Cycle or if they're recent success has just made them complacent.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #8429
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Poor little kid who wanted a high five at the end of the game......... every Canuck just ignored him and walked on by.

Well, it was a better outcome than last night.

In other news, final home game for the BC Lions tomorrow.

Go, Lions, GO!
Yeah LOL felt bad for him
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-04-2011, 07:21 PM   #8430
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Avs vs Stars 6-7 OT..

lol damn

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 11-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #8431
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Wow. Sedins' game aren't even close to what they were the last 2 years. Almost no passes are clean passess anymore. Still too early so I can't tell if the book is out already on the Sedin Cycle or if they're recent success has just made them complacent.
You sound like a bandwagoner.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-04-2011, 07:24 PM   #8432
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
Now we can stop shitting on Luongo, and shit on the Twins. It seems like the NHL has figured them out, much like they figured out Bertuzzi and Naslund back in the day.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #8433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilinim View Post
You sound like a bandwagoner.
Posted via RS Mobile
You = join date 2009.

Me = present in this annual re-occuring thread since it's inception 5 - 6 years ago.

Oh wait.... what year was it when the Canuck's started to pick up their game? Yeah, your join date. STFU.
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #8434
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
You = join date 2009.

Me = present in this annual re-occuring thread since it's inception 5 - 6 years ago.

Oh wait.... what year was it when the Canuck's started to pick up their game? Yeah, your join date. STFU.
How does the join date comply with how big the fan is?
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #8435

Join date has nothing to do with anything. How do you know how long I've followed the Canucks? Not trying to harp on you here. The Sedin's stumbled a bit but it's way too early to count them out. They'll be back in top form soon. Oh, I believe it's Canucks and not Canuck's. But you know that since you've been "present in this annual re-occuring thread since it's inception 5 - 6 years ago."
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #8436
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
K we need a 4 game win streak.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 11-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #8437

Quote:
Join date has nothing to do with anything. How do you know how long I've followed the Canucks? Not trying to harp on you here. The Sedin's stumbled a bit but it's way too early to count them out. They'll be back in top form soon. Oh, I believe it's Canucks and not Canuck's. But you know that since you've been "present in this annual re-occuring thread since it's inception 5 - 6 years ago."
Posted via RS Mobile
Who says I'm counting them out? Follow hockey long enough and maybe you'd realize that it's a natural phenomenon to be studied and the books eventually be released on you.

The difference maker? players who are versatile enough to be able to get around how team's are currently adapting to them. Sedins have dominated the last 2 years, like you said, they're starting to stumble a bit.

My reaction = too early to tell IF EITHER:
a) team's around them are adapting to their game
b) complacency.

Yet you here suddenly all come in as if I said something concrete. You're a sensitive susan. Next time, read carefully rather than knee-jerk react to anything even remotely negative towards the team; as if you' think by coming into their quick defense, you're gaining brownie points from everyone involved.

You're not.

And I can't believe you're turning to grammar as a retort. Are you new to message boards as a whole? What happened prior to 2009? Canucks not good enough for you to search out avenues how to be vocal about your local team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
How does the join date comply with how big the fan is?
Posted via RS Mobile
Bandwagoning.... it's not about how big, it's about how long one's been a fan. And people who are just joining in the party, can't call out those who have been attending decades before for "bandwagoning".

Specially when you don't have the history to know who you're mocking and how much 'said people have contributed to one of RS's most lasting traditions (the annual Canuck thread).

And seriously, with join dates like 2009 and/or 2010... it can't be just coincidence that membership and increased involvement suddenly experiences a spike just as the Canucks are suddenly becoming league leaders? No... that can't be it right I'm sure there are other... more convenient reasons.

Last edited by Noir; 11-04-2011 at 08:09 PM.
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #8438

Again, you're assuming how long I have been a fan. Your logic is a little off but, whatever works for you. Let's see how the Sedin's do in the near future bandwagoner Noir.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #8439

So if you criticize the team, you are a "bandwagoner"? You're not allowed to acknowledge when a team plays poorly?
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #8440
Big Drama Show

I wouldnt expect a membership spike on here, due to the canucks winning. Thats more for CDC
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #8441

Quote:
Again, you're assuming how long I have been a fan. Your logic is a little off but, whatever works for you. Let's see how the Sedin's do in the near future bandwagoner Noir.
Posted via RS Mobile
Exactly, let's see how they do. That's exactly what I said in my original post. So get that sand out of your vagina, you ladyboy.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #8442

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
So if you criticize the team, you are a "bandwagoner"? You're not allowed to acknowledge when a team plays poorly?
This has been settled long long long ago. It's a Canuck thread meant for Canuck Discussion. Meaning that we discuss the goods, the bads, and to an extent, even a hockey discussion in general.

It's just newbs in general who just haven't gotten the memo, and are quickly belligerent at anything remotely critical of the home team. As if they think the only thing permitted in 5 - 6 year long thread are "Go Canucks Go" and variations of it.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:22 PM   #8443

I'm not saying anyone who criticizes the team is a bandwagoner. Everyone is allowed to acknowledge their poor play. Part I don't understand or side with is criticizing a select few players early on and making assumptions.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #8444

Maybe we should make a separate "GO CANUCKS GO POMPOM" thread, where after every loss people can just post "They'll get back into it! It's only (insert month here)" and after every win they can go "I told you so!"
Old 11-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #8445

Quote:
I'm not saying anyone who criticizes the team is a bandwagoner. Everyone is allowed to acknowledge their poor play. Part I don't understand or side with is criticizing a select few players early on and making assumptions.
Posted via RS Mobile
wtf?

You want me to do a write up for the whole team? Yes there were others that didn't play their best game... ie. Bieksa, Edler, and even to a degree Kesler still hasn't shook all the rust off yet, and etc.

Happy?

But that's not the discussion I wanted. I wanted to discuss Sedins. It's obvious, they've dominated in the last 2 years and they're currently having a slow start and was just thinking out loudly what are the possible conclusions?

Are the teams finally catching on and adapting to their game a la Ovechkin, or are they suddenly complacent post recognition which is also superstar phenomenon to some

Obviousy I made no conclusions, but if it were the former, the question does become (and so does the discussion) if to see if the Sedins are able to respond with the league wising up to them; or if the latter were to be the actual truth... well then obviously that sucks.

That's all that was supposed to be had it not been for your shot-across-the-bow "bandwagoning" put-downs.

here, quoted for your convenience. This is ALL I said:

Quote:
Wow. Sedins' game aren't even close to what they were the last 2 years. Almost no passes are clean passess anymore.
Still too early so I can't tell if the book is out already on the Sedin Cycle or if they're recent success has just made them complacent.

Last edited by Noir; 11-04-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: added quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-04-2011, 08:36 PM   #8446
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Maybe we should make a separate "GO CANUCKS GO POMPOM" thread, where after every loss people can just post "They'll get back into it! It's only (insert month here)" and after every win they can go "I told you so!"
Maybe we should make a separate "SUCK CANUCKS SUCK THROW TOMATOES" thread, where after every win people can just post "They'll keep losing! It's already (insert month here)" and after every loss they can go "I told you so!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 11-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #8447

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
Maybe we should make a separate "SUCK CANUCKS SUCK THROW TOMATOES" thread, where after every win people can just post "They'll keep losing! It's already (insert month here)" and after every loss they can go "I told you so!"
OR... maybe homers should just learn to realize that:

a) just because one is discussing areas that team isn't strong in (and/or struggling at, and/or didn't do well in a game) doesn't mean that the individual thinks that the team as a whole sucks. It's just is what it is, a discussion regarding a certain area of the game.

b) like Skinny or other fans' case... just because they do not like 1 player in the team, doesn't mean they hate the WHOLE team. Because if so, what do you call people that hated Jan Bulis, Kyle Wellwood, etc during their tenure here. Were they all non-fans because they don't like 1 guy out of the 20+ roster?

c) Even if a team does suck or played a sucky game. Does that mean you're a non-fan by stating what actually occurred? Or as a fan you're still required to call bad games as "good games"?

Fuck, it's getting tiring repeatedly educating homers what a discussion is on an annual basis. It's not just 1 or the other. And TBH, mad props to Skinny. I've come across the most vocal fans here in Vancouver that don't make/watch the entire 82 games + Post Season and here you have guys in the other side of the world, still managing to follow a team with nothing but a shitty little internet stream, and watching off hours due to timezone difference. How's that for a fucking bandwagoner.

That's why seriously, I just laugh a little when I see who here is being made fun off as a bandwagoner; it's even more funnier when the cocky ppl are new.

Last edited by Noir; 11-04-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:05 PM   #8448
Big Drama Show

Yall need to lay off the celltech
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #8449

Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts
Teams and players figuring out the Sedins is not true. Why couldn't anyone stop Gretzky, Howe, and Orr? They are un-motivated and forcing plays instead of playing there natural game. People hate on me when I say this, but A.V has to go. This team is stacked, and has way more skill and speed than last year. We need a coach to really motivate the team and I think complacency has set in and new coach is just what they need.

But, I am really going to hold off on my judgements untill Sunday, which will be the biggest game of this season. Its an easy game for the team to get up for, but we will see what happens.

Oh yea, where the F is Tanev?

PSS - I went to the St. Louis game when it was here, and man Rogers feels haunted. All I could think about was Chara hoisting the cup at centre ice. I wondering how the players feel in that building. I also wonder what the stat is for teams that have lost the cup in there home building moving forward?
1982 TE72
1988 5.0
1990 S13 Coupe
2006 Mazda B4000 4x4
1987 Ae86 Coupe
1988 Cressida Wagon
1985 Cressida 7m Swap
1987 Ae86 Hatch
1989 FC
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #8450

Quote:
Originally Posted by cressydrift View Post
Teams and players figuring out the Sedins is not true. Why couldn't anyone stop Gretzky, Howe, and Orr? They are un-motivated and forcing plays instead of playing there natural game. People hate on me when I say this, but A.V has to go. This team is stacked, and has way more skill and speed than last year. We need a coach to really motivate the team and I think complacency has set in and new coach is just what they need.
True, but I can historically point out times that suggest otherwise. Such as, Alex Ovechkin Round 1 vs MTL. Detroit shutting down Crosby on SCF the season they won; perhaps it may explain BOS stymying the Sedins as well last year?

The difference with Gretzky (as I only had the pleasure of seeing him play out of all your examples) is he was versatile enough to be able to react on how he's getting shut down.

As for the Sedins, the last 2 games were pretty bad games though IMO, but 2 games isn't enough to tell, if they've actually been figured out, or it's just one of those games where they just didn't have their legs under them (which is normal for any athlete). If they pick it up and isolate the bad games to just a few and keep it sporadic, then it just might indicate it's the latter, whereas if they continue to struggle, then it MAY indicate the former.... (I said "MAY" <---- for those sensitive homers)
Closed Thread