REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #20926
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Holy fuck, if San Jose misses the playoffs, goaltending is why.
I had no idea what the goalie was doing. bad positioning like the commentators said

he wasn't screened at the time of the shot but he had no clue datsyuk was gonna shoot and he was too far down to recover
Advertisement

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 03-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #20927
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Malhotra in, Raymond out for tonight according to vancanucks twitter
Old 03-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #20928
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Salo is sitting as well. Gragnani will be paired with Edler. Bieksa and Hamhuis back together. Rome and Tanev.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #20929
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
I had no idea what the goalie was doing. bad positioning like the commentators said

he wasn't screened at the time of the shot but he had no clue datsyuk was gonna shoot and he was too far down to recover
Yeah, boggles me. Should have been square to the shooter. Though I would love for the Sharks to miss the playoffs, fuck 'em.

With Raymond out and Manny in, I wonder how the bottom 6 will look?

Hansen - Pahlsson - Kassian
Malhotra - Lapierre - Weise

or

Hansen - Pahlsson - Malhotra
Weise - Lapierre - Kassian

Could be other combinations, switching Lappy/Manny.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #20930
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Id like to spit in the face of the clowns who think Corey is the answer to winning a cup
Posted via RS Mobile
I wish I had the time to dig up your old posts during SCF game 7 with only the game half over. I quite remember very different sentiments by you.

And spit in people's faces and calling them clowns? tough talk there gangster.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #20931

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Yeah, boggles me. Should have been square to the shooter. Though I would love for the Sharks to miss the playoffs, fuck 'em.

With Raymond out and Manny in, I wonder how the bottom 6 will look?

Hansen - Pahlsson - Kassian
Malhotra - Lapierre - Weise

or

Hansen - Pahlsson - Malhotra
Weise - Lapierre - Kassian

Could be other combinations, switching Lappy/Manny.
Malhotra Pahlsson Hansen

Weise Lapierre Kassian

This would give the third line a more legitimate checking role and the fourth a more physical energy line.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #20932

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Its about time Raymond takes a seat in the press box.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #20933
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I wish I had the time to dig up your old posts during SCF game 7 with only the game half over. I quite remember very different sentiments by you.

http://www.revscene.net/forums/61748...read-1618.html
Old 03-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #20934
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,264 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quote:
Just like the Olympics when I said I'd rather lose gold with bro in net over Lu

I would loveeeee to see an early knock out with schneids in net, oh how glorious it would be
Posted via RS Mobile
You accused others of emotional attachment to Manny and yet, this comment here is very definition of emotional attachment to a player.

If your comment above is a serious one, then you are clearly not a fan of this team.
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #20935
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post

It was a figure of speech bra

And there is a difference between an emotional attachment and blatant ignorance, manny is not a good player anymore after the eye injury, he is virtually useless and does just enough to stay in the lineup

Luongo on the other hand has performed very well this season outside of the last few weeks, yet a slight stumble in his game, one of which can be put on the team as a whole not just the goalie instantly brings out the talk of using Corey in the playoffs when he's proven nothing.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #20936
Big Drama Show

Compare Cory's stats to Lu's this season.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #20937
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
lol every time i click this thread theres some sort of argument...

lets talk about Alexander Radulov joining the preds
Old 03-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #20938

Quote:
Luongo on the other hand has performed very well this season outside of the last few weeks, yet a slight stumble in his game, one of which can be put on the team as a whole not just the goalie instantly brings out the talk of using Corey in the playoffs when he's proven nothing.
Posted via RS Mobile
The talk stems from the sentiment of "going into it (play-offs/reg. season remainder) with whoever's hot"; Not living or dying with just the 1 basket you put all your eggs in.

At the rate Lu is going, he himself is making it a valid discussion. If he can play consistently and put up mid-season performance all the way to post-season, then this wouldn't even be a discussion.

With your logic, you'd rather we lose just as long as Luongo is in net.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #20939

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Compare Cory's stats to Lu's this season.
Posted via RS Mobile
You only have to look at one cattegory, games played.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #20940

With all this said if lu shits the bed hard I'm all for going to Corey, and when I'm talking shits the bed, I'm talking is mentally destroyed, not just a one off bad game

But puting him in early in the playoffs just as a remedy for an overall bad team game is what I am against and what a TONNE of fans want/call for

I'd just as soon see corey shit the bed in a relief game to prove those people wrong
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #20941

Quote:
With all this said if lu shits the bed hard I'm all for going to Corey, and when I'm talking shits the bed, I'm talking is mentally destroyed, not just a one off bad game

But puting him in early in the playoffs just as a remedy for an overall bad team game is what I am against and what a TONNE of fans want/call for

I'd just as soon see corey shit the bed in a relief game to prove those people wrong
Posted via RS Mobile
The reason why it doesn't sit well is because in society in general, people don't take well to people who are in position of no accountability.

What makes you think that if Schneider doesn't pan out, he would in no way be jeopardizing his role to the team. Or any other players beyond that. The problem with people have with Lu is that since established himself as a top tier goalie, he's always had that clout where he can escape accountability.

None of the slumps was ever his fault until AV ran out of 3rd line pluggers to scapegoat.

No matter how revered our defensive core is (and last season, we were the envy of the league for having the best defensive depth)... it was always our D sucks because for some reason, the Luongo clout wouldn't allow the admittance of fallibility. I mean for crying out loud, Salo was our 3rd string defenseman, right behind Edler, Erhoff, Bieksa, Hammer. How's that for depth? But yet people still like to perceive that we're a terrible defensive team for the sake of the Luongo image.

Luongo needs and HAS been knocked off his perch and it needs to be communicated that like everyone else in this world, there is no escape for accountability. Unfortunately, its fans like you... and a whole lot of managment coddling (when they were enticing him to sign the contract extension) has until recently, have him believing otherwise.

Last edited by Noir; 03-19-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #20942
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Well... hear is the line up

Burrows back to first line with Sedins

Vancouver Canucks - Depth Chart
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
Old 03-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #20943
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
There are a lot of things about Luongo that confuse and baffle me by his hardcore supporters.

Shoot outs for instance. To me, a shoot out would be the most accurate representation of a goalies' skill, there is no opportunity for deflections, or screens, it's a pure 1 on 1 affair, which Luongo is terrible at. His supporters say that he's simply "not good at the shootout", would that not mean than maybe he's not so great of a goalie, and relies more on a good defence? I mean heck, look at the best shootout goalie this season, none of than Tim Thomas, a goalie who completely walled us in the playoffs.

I can't think of a game this season where Luongo has had to clearly steal the game for us, it always seems in my opinion that if the defence falls to shit, than so does Lu. If the D is solid, Lu does well.

But maybe in the end that's the whole problem. People seem to expect Lu to be that shutdown elite goalie than can steal a game at whim (which we did see in his early seasons in Vancouver), perhaps he simply isn't that goalie anymore, or maybe he never was. Maybe Luongo is just a solid goalie that requires a very solid and sound defence in order to win. Who knows, the debate of Luongo never goes anywhere because people are so far on each side of either loving of hating him.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #20944

^

Careful now, he might spit in your face.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #20945
Big Drama Show

Luongo lost his elite status after his first choke job against the hawks
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #20946
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
There are a lot of things about Luongo that confuse and baffle me by his hardcore supporters.

Shoot outs for instance. To me, a shoot out would be the most accurate representation of a goalies' skill, there is no opportunity for deflections, or screens, it's a pure 1 on 1 affair, which Luongo is terrible at. His supporters say that he's simply "not good at the shootout", would that not mean than maybe he's not so great of a goalie, and relies more on a good defence? I mean heck, look at the best shootout goalie this season, none of than Tim Thomas, a goalie who completely walled us in the playoffs.

I can't think of a game this season where Luongo has had to clearly steal the game for us, it always seems in my opinion that if the defence falls to shit, than so does Lu. If the D is solid, Lu does well.

But maybe in the end that's the whole problem. People seem to expect Lu to be that shutdown elite goalie than can steal a game at whim (which we did see in his early seasons in Vancouver), perhaps he simply isn't that goalie anymore, or maybe he never was. Maybe Luongo is just a solid goalie that requires a very solid and sound defence in order to win. Who knows, the debate of Luongo never goes anywhere because people are so far on each side of either loving of hating him.
If you think shootouts are a solid indicator of how good a goalie is...

Lu is a good goalie and has been our MVP for a good chunk of the season. Even with how bad he has been in shootouts, he's 7th overall in the league.

Furthermore, hockey is a team game. I don't care how good a goalie you are, but if you don't have a solid defence in front of you, you're not going to win.

Last edited by kristianhay; 03-19-2012 at 02:55 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #20947
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post

Actually i believe Thomas is the 3rd best this season but it's ok because based on your logic Semyon Varlamov who is 8-0 in shootouts this year is an elite goalie and we should probably trade for him soon before other GM's realize the secret is to look at ones shootout records. Better then Rinne, Luongo, Howard, Quick, and even Thomas!

Here are the top 10 goalies in shootouts this year. Please tell me how many of them are elite.

1 Marc-Andre Fleury
2 Semyon Varlamov
3 Tim Thomas
4 Martin Brodeur
5 Kari Lehtonen
6 Antti Niemi
7 Roberto Luongo
8 Mike Smith
9 Craig Anderson
10 Jimmy Howard

Imo 5 of these goalies are not elite and in some cases suck. The other 5 are solid or elite.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
Old 03-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #20948
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
some people need to be happy that the Canucks have the best goaltending situation in the league..sadly next to Boston. Whereas some teams dont even have a bonafide no1 starter.

As for Radulov. good luck to him.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #20949
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
Gragnani + Edler =
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #20950
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Leafs getting smoked in the first period. 4 goals given up in 12 minutes
Closed Thread