REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #901
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
The Rochester Americans are now the AHL affliate for the Buffalo Sabres, which leaves an opening for the Portland Pirates.
http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index....eunite_wi.html

This sounds like really good news, hopefully the Canucks will consider this as an option considering the proximity to Vancouver. I really have no idea how the Pirates are as an organization though. Currently, Florida and Vancouver do not have AHL affliates with Chicago and Portland leftover.
Advertisement

Last edited by Expresso; 06-24-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #902
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Burke uses Boston's conditional 2nd round pick from the Kaberle trade to get Liles with $4.2 million in cap space for his remaining year. Guess that means Kaberle isn't returning
Old 06-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #903

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Chicago Wolves have been announced as AHL affiliates with the Canucks (via @TheFourthPeriod)
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 06-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #904
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaupunkt69 View Post
Burke uses Boston's conditional 2nd round pick from the Kaberle trade to get Liles with $4.2 million in cap space for his remaining year. Guess that means Kaberle isn't returning
That was expected long ago. He's been trying to get rid of him for years + Kaberle and Ron Wilson not getting along.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 06-24-2011, 01:18 PM   #905
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
Chicago Wolves have been announced as AHL affiliates with the Canucks (via @TheFourthPeriod)
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 06-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #906

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
?

Is it a fail that they're our affiliates or the source?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 06-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #907

Quote:
?

Is it a fail that they're our affiliates or the source?
Posted via RS Mobile
Maybe a bit of both haha. It doesn't seem to be confirmed anywhere reputable and according to 7seven Chicago sucks lol.

I wonder if they would still chose Chicago if they knew Portland was on the table.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #908
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
Maybe a bit of both haha. It doesn't seem to be confirmed anywhere reputable and according to 7seven Chicago sucks lol.

I wonder if they would still chose Chicago if they knew Portland was on the table.
Yep a bit A and a bit B right now.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #909

I've never seen anyone so in love with the city of Edmonton more than Ryan Smyth.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Old 06-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #910

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Predators' new jerseys

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

Old 06-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #911

Quote:

I'd say TFP is a good source..they've confirmed many signings in the past before TSN or Sportsnet have even announced it.

So let's say IF the Wolves become our affiliates. Do all of our current drafted prospects go to the Jets or do they move to Chicago?

Looking at the Wolves roster there are quite a few Canucks/Giants alumini. And Darren Haydar is a fucking beast.
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by jeedee; 06-24-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #912
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
That was expected long ago. He's been trying to get rid of him for years + Kaberle and Ron Wilson not getting along.
There was nothing substantiated and both Wilson and Kaberle denied that story. Kaberle is definitely not a "Burke type player" but he did consider him a key asset in rebuilding the Leafs into his team. Kaberle loved Toronto and wanted to resign to remain a Leaf. If there was any rift, he had the power to screw Burke/Wilson/the Leafs by refusing to waive his No Trade Clause. Instead he chose to waive his NTC and help the Leafs acquire a prospect (Colborne), a first round draft pick(2011), and a conditional 2nd round draft pick (2012 if Kaberle resigned in Boston or they made the finals). That was much more than the anti-Leafs crowd was saying we would get for him. Kaberle had nothing but good things to say about Toronto following the trade. I was glad to see him raise the cup after 11 seasons with the Leafs even if it had to be in a Bruins jersey.

Once Kaberle was traded, there was immediate talk of replacing the position. He didn't have a great season or playoffs with the exception of the finals so I figured he would be willing to ask less and take a "hometown discount" on top of it to go back to Toronto as the Leafs still needed after he left. I only gave it the smallest of chances but as a Leaf fan I still had hope. It will be interesting to see where he ends up now.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #913

Quote:
So let's say IF the Wolves become our affiliates. Do all of our current drafted prospects go to the Jets or do they move to Chicago?
Pretty sure, we have all rights to our prospects that have contracts in place. So they will go where ever the Canucks go.

I don't know too much about the AHL, but here was the post in the other thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Canucks get royally fucked. True North owns the Moose and will continue to own and retain the Moose AHL team for the Manitoba/Winnipeg franchise, with the AHL team rumored to be moving to St. Johns. That would mean the Canucks would have no AHL affiliate agreement for now and every AHL team has already affiliate agreements with NHL teams except for the Chicago Wolves.

The Chicago Wolves would be a horrible affiliate to develop players as the owners there are interested more in icing a vetern, competitive team and turning a profit. The Wolves have gone through many different NHL team affiliations over the years with the management and owners quite often bumping heads with their NHL counterparts. The Wolves really have no interest in developing players properly for the NHL at all.

The Canucks really get screwed in loosing their agreement with Moose management guys like Chipman and Heisinger. It was Heisinger that found Burrows, Rypien, Bolduc and Mark Flood (who many are saying could be the next diamond in the rough) it was Heisinger that fought to keep and offer Bieska a pro contract when Bieska was a 5th round after thought. Chipman and Heisinger played key roles in developing Schneider, Burrows, Kesler, Hansen, Edler and Bieska, sometimes I think people overlook how important it is to have a proper development system for your prospects, not every player is a Ovechkin or Crosby, most need proper guidance to develop into the players they are today.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #914
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
it seems like a conflict of interests to have the chicago wolves as our AHL affiliate. there's the animosity between our two cities, the development issues as 7seven has pointed out and there's still the issue of distance when calling players up. i don't see how this is beneficial the the canucks at all... hopefully they find a better option.
Spoiler!
Old 06-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #915
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
I'd say TFP is a good source..they've confirmed many signings in the past before TSN or Sportsnet have even announced it.

Looking at the Wolves roster there are quite a few Canucks/Giants alumini. And Darren Haydar is a fucking beast.
Posted via RS Mobile
Come on now man..Why would we lose our drafted prospects just cause an AHL franchise relocates? There's a reason they sign a contract
Old 06-24-2011, 02:28 PM   #916
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
The Rochester Americans are now the AHL affliate for the Buffalo Sabres, which leaves an opening for the Portland Pirates.
http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index....eunite_wi.html

This sounds like really good news, hopefully the Canucks will consider this as an option considering the proximity to Vancouver. I really have no idea how the Pirates are as an organization though. Currently, Florida and Vancouver do not have AHL affliates with Chicago and Portland leftover.
Different Portland, the AHL Portland Pirates are located in Portland, Maine, by Quebec/New Brunswick area, right in the Bruins fan base, not Portland, Oregon.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #917
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
I don't know too much about the AHL, but here was the post in the other thread.
Pretty much, the owners of the Wolves run the team to be competitive and win Calder Cups because in Chicago, unlike other AHL cities, there is a lot of competition for fan's entertainment spending. They often butted heads with their NHL counter parts because part of icing a competitive team would be to give the majority of the ice time to career AHL vets instead of younger players/rookies from their NHL affiliate.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #918
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
trade brule for smith? =/

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 06-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #919
SardaukarMod

Here we go. 2011 Draft on TSN.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 06-24-2011, 03:07 PM   #920

Quote:
Different Portland, the AHL Portland Pirates are located in Portland, Maine, by Quebec/New Brunswick area, right in the Bruins fan base, not Portland, Oregon.
hahah fail on my part! That is further than Chicago, damn!
Old 06-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #921
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Done deal
Ryan Smyth to EDM for Brule and 4thRound

from Dreger on twitter
Old 06-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #922

AWWWWWWWW YEAA REPPIN' BURNABY!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there

This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #923
SFICC-05*

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
Done deal
Ryan Smyth to EDM for Brule and 4thRound

from Dreger on twitter
"Not confirmed at this point"

Steve Tambellini just said on TSN
Old 06-24-2011, 03:28 PM   #924
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
awesome that my bud went #1, went to school with him for first 2 years of high school
Old 06-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #925
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
AWWWWWWWW YEAA REPPIN' BURNABY!
he needs to add more than 10lbs lol
Closed Thread