REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

MG1 11-26-2011 08:28 PM

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...in_cheers1.jpg

SsSsSsSsSsSsSssSsSsSsSsSsSsS

Close to 50 shots............WOW!

Bonka 11-26-2011 08:29 PM

What a game :fullofwin:

43 saves for Schneider :D

fliptuner 11-26-2011 08:36 PM

Great team effort and Schneids was awesome.

kwy 11-26-2011 08:40 PM

Schneids is our anchor again..took a lot of shots. Great fucking road trip.

BMW M5 11-26-2011 08:44 PM

Please continue to sit the fuck down on the bench Lu. Schneider just lit a campfire up your ass.

Vansterdam 11-26-2011 08:52 PM

he took twice as much shots as last game.. 3 goals against in the last 4 games

coach v is gonna rob schneids if he dosent start him for the next game!

lu mad bro? :troll:

dbaz 11-26-2011 08:53 PM

cbc talking about ways to trade luongo lols

Bonka 11-26-2011 08:55 PM

Schneider is possibly the hottest goalie in the league right now. Ride him until he loses because if they wait until he bombs a game Luongo may never start again :troll:

Unfortunately, all the "I told you so's" are coming out :/
Posted via RS Mobile

pure.life 11-26-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonka (Post 7704725)
Schneider is possibly the hottest goalie in the league right now. Ride him until he loses because if they wait until he bombs a game Luongo may never start again :troll:

Unfortunately, all the "I told you so's" are coming out :/
Posted via RS Mobile

The armchair GM's who were calling to trade Schneids the past few seasons can now eat their words. Hope y'all hungry:alonehappy:

BMW M5 11-26-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaz (Post 7704723)
cbc talking about ways to trade luongo lols

been waiting for that day since 3 years ago...:D

GrapeDrink 11-26-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pure.life (Post 7704730)
The armchair GM's who were calling to trade Schneids the past few seasons can now eat their words. Hope y'all hungry:alonehappy:

:seriously: I'm not even a canuck fan but I"m pretty sure the people calling to trade cory was not because they thought he wasn't good enough to start, it was because they knew he could fetch a solid return back to help the team in more lacking positions.

jeedee 11-26-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrapeDrink (Post 7704733)
:seriously: I'm not even a canuck fan but I"m pretty sure the people calling to trade cory was not because they thought he wasn't good enough to start, it was because they knew he could fetch a solid return back to help the team in more lacking positions.

Yup, you're 100% correct.

It'll be interesting to see what GMMG does with Cory now...he was rumoured to be shipped to Phoenix for Shane Doan BEFORE we got Booth.

His value just skyrocketed even more.

spoon.ek9 11-26-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pure.life (Post 7704730)

There were valid reasons for trading Cory. We all know he's a great goaltender and even he himself knows being on the same team with Lu won't last forever. They are enjoying it while they can. At this rate though, Cory is making it a LOT harder for management to decide between him or Lu. however, the massive 12yr contract is still tipping the scales towards keeping Lu.

Remember, the rationality from people wanting to trade Cory was that realistically, we cannot keep both goaltenders for much longer and that we might as well get something worthwhile for such a good player.

Bonka 11-26-2011 09:09 PM

If he keeps playing like this and the Canucks feel they need to trade Schneider, all of a sudden his stock is worth that much more :fullofwin:

You can't lose with our goaltending tandem. If Lu is great, all is well. If Lu craps the bed, Schneider runs with it. Milk it while you can because Schneider will no longer want to be held back.
Posted via RS Mobile

kwy 11-26-2011 09:12 PM

Yup. kind of a sad thought that we won't really be able to keep Lu and Schneids together much longer. Schneider is way too good to be playing second fiddle. He could be making more money elsewhere and have a larger role.

jeedee 11-26-2011 09:13 PM

Perfect time to welcome Parise or Weber? :troll:

I kid, I kid, one can dream though :lol

punkwax 11-26-2011 09:15 PM

I don't think anyone has ever wanted to trade Schneids - its just been the inevitable truth. Lu's contract makes it damn near impossible to make the switch so trading Schneids for a blue chip prospect or proven first liner is what seems to be MG's best option...
Posted via RS Mobile

BMW M5 11-26-2011 09:19 PM

That 12 years contract of Lu is pretty much handcuffed the Canucks to trade away Schneider. Thats really unfortunate...

punkwax 11-26-2011 09:24 PM

I'd say sticky more than unfortunate. What most people don't realize, and it frustrates the shit out of me, is that Lu is a PROVEN #1 goaltender with a fucking fantastic resume despite missing a cup. And regardless of what a lot of people think, he was integral is the Canucks reaching game 7. Was he perfect? No. But the people out there who 'think' they have a fucking clue about the game and make Lu the scapegoat when we lose are laughable.

Cory is a great goaltender thus far. But he has a long way to go before he's proven. I'm sure most of you can think of 5 goalies who made an impact early then disappeared off the face of the earth. I'm not saying that's what is going to happen, I don't have a crystal ball, but the possibility is real.

You don't know what you got until its gone folks.
Posted via RS Mobile

spoon.ek9 11-26-2011 09:27 PM

Also, people seem to forget there's a clause in Lu's contract that upon reaching the 5th year, either party can opt for a change in direction.

DanHibiki 11-26-2011 09:27 PM

this is the best thing that can happen to lu. internal competition

dbaz 11-26-2011 09:35 PM

actually lu has a very tradeable contract but it would have to wait until next year. his cap hit is more than his salary per year after next year. thats very attractive to teams looking to get to the cap floor while not actually spending as much

spoon.ek9 11-26-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaz (Post 7704763)
actually lu has a very tradeable contract but it would have to wait until next year. his cap hit is more than his salary per year after next year. thats very attractive to teams looking to get to the cap floor while not actually spending as much

like Florida? :troll:

TheKingdom2000 11-26-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodnarb (Post 7704756)
I'd say sticky more than unfortunate. What most people don't realize, and it frustrates the shit out of me, is that Lu is a PROVEN #1 goaltender with a fucking fantastic resume despite missing a cup. And regardless of what a lot of people think, he was integral is the Canucks reaching game 7. Was he perfect? No. But the people out there who 'think' they have a fucking clue about the game and make Lu the scapegoat when we lose are laughable.

You don't know what you got until its gone folks.
Posted via RS Mobile

Umm Lu WAS a proven goalie. These past few years he is just another goalie in my opinion. Luongo WAS NOT an integral part of the playoffs in my opinion.
Was I watching a different playoff run? The wins luongo got under his belt were not due to a spectacular performance on his part
I do not recall one game that Luongo stole a game for us. Please enlighten me of such game(s) to put my ignorance to rest.

I'm not putting all the blame on Luongo. But, his performance in the playoffs was far below what we should expect from a top five goalie in the world.

Gumby 11-26-2011 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mx703 (Post 7704785)
Umm Lu WAS a proven goalie. These past few years he is just another goalie in my opinion. Luongo WAS NOT an integral part of the playoffs in my opinion.
Was I watching a different playoff run? The wins luongo got under his belt were not due to a spectacular performance on his part
I do not recall one game that Luongo stole a game for us. Please enlighten me of such game(s) to put my ignorance to rest.

I'm not putting all the blame on Luongo. But, his performance in the playoffs was far below of what we should have expected from a top five goalie in the world.

Because Rinne was so solid in the series against Nashville, Luongo couldn't afford to let any stinkers in... same with Boston, except Thomas was better.

Luongo had 4 shutouts in last year's playoffs.