REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 04:16 AM   #11626
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,754 Times in 8,158 Posts
So after all that complaining about trolling, you go on to support trolling...

Like so many Canucks fans, people complain about things only when it happens to their team
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2011, 05:48 AM   #11627
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
The thing about Lu is that while he is a fucking incredible goalie overall, he looks so fucking horrible when he gets scored on. He's not like a Pekka Rinne or even a Dwayne Roloson, who for the most part is solid, but sometimes goals get by. The goals that get by almost always look like it's "his fault" which is why I think people rag on him so much. Tim Thomas had the same problem, as did Dom Hasek.
well it's like when nashville see's that rinne is playing shitty once a blue moon, they pretty much just say "yeah he's having a bad night."
or the other case is, when rinne is beat, you have to really work for it. point blank shots from the FO circle usually dont cut it.

but the inconsistency with luongo is brutal sometimes. with lu, i find myself facepalming to the majority of the goals he let in. i'm like "fuck, he REALLY should have had that." my sphincter clenches when i hear shit like "sharp angle shot... scores!" how many times has that happened? lol

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 12-14-2011, 05:57 AM   #11628
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
How would you like to be Antti Miettinen? Signs a 2 year deal with Tampa, gets ready to live in a nice warm climate, only to be scooped up on waivers by Winnipeg of all places
Not only are you going from a nice sunny beach to a fridgade boring wasteland, but Florida also has no State income tax, ouch.

So in a game where the Canucks needed offense, AV staples Hodgson to the bench yet again, the only forward with less ice time was Weise
Old 12-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #11629
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Not only are you going from a nice sunny beach to a fridgade boring wasteland, but Florida also has no State income tax, ouch.

So in a game where the Canucks needed offense, AV staples Hodgson to the bench yet again, the only forward with less ice time was Weise
What is your take on AV? Do you think his ego gets in the way of the team winning?
Old 12-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #11630
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

I guess the Hawks must have hated Ryan Johnson when he got there...
Old 12-14-2011, 08:55 AM   #11631
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
What is your take on AV? Do you think his ego gets in the way of the team winning?
Personally I'm indifferent to AV, leaning more towards not liking him personally but I can't say I think his ego gets in the way of winning as the Canucks have done fairly well under him. AV isn't stupid, he'll use Hodgson in a shootout because he knows Cody is one of the more offensively gifted players on the team.

I do think however his stubborness gets the better of him at times. I've said before from what I have gather, AV has an annoyance for guys like Hodgson, Grabner and Shirokov, offensively hyped guys and how he keeps hearing that these guys should be giving top 6 roles, so he purposely is extra hard on them and keeps them on a short leash, almost in a way making it a point to everyone that this is his team and he'll do things his way.

For example last year, Shirokov gets called up, was the best Canucks' player on the ice, scores a goal in the Colorado game, then gets stapled to the bench the rest of the game, but guys like Desbiens, Glass, Bolduc & Rome can make all the mistakes they want and be given the chance to work through them. Again, as I have gathered, those guys remind AV of himself when he was a player, not particularly talented but grinds away.

Every coach has their preference of players, right or wrong, AV is just harder on young offensive guys. Do I think AV gets in the way of the Canucks winning? No. Do I think the Canucks could be better if AV gave guys like Hodgson the same length leash as Rome, yes.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2011, 09:19 AM   #11632
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Any rules against changing goalies before the shootout?
Old 12-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #11633
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AME_VIP View Post
Any rules against changing goalies before the shootout?
No, i think the leafs were the first to do it last season and failed to win
Old 12-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #11634
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Every coach has their preference of players, right or wrong, AV is just harder on young offensive guys. Do I think AV gets in the way of the Canucks winning? No. Do I think the Canucks could be better if AV gave guys like Hodgson the same length leash as Rome, yes.
Same thing happened to Seguin in Boston last year. Very short leash, healthy scratch for many games in the playoffs.
But it was Seguin who single handedly kept the Bruins from getting knocked out by TB.
And then he was a healthy scratch/played very little minutes against the Canucks in the finals.

Now that he is playing a bit more, he was the leading scorer on the team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #11635
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Personally I'm indifferent to AV, leaning more towards not liking him personally but I can't say I think his ego gets in the way of winning as the Canucks have done fairly well under him. AV isn't stupid, he'll use Hodgson in a shootout because he knows Cody is one of the more offensively gifted players on the team.

I do think however his stubborness gets the better of him at times. I've said before from what I have gather, AV has an annoyance for guys like Hodgson, Grabner and Shirokov, offensively hyped guys and how he keeps hearing that these guys should be giving top 6 roles, so he purposely is extra hard on them and keeps them on a short leash, almost in a way making it a point to everyone that this is his team and he'll do things his way.

For example last year, Shirokov gets called up, was the best Canucks' player on the ice, scores a goal in the Colorado game, then gets stapled to the bench the rest of the game, but guys like Desbiens, Glass, Bolduc & Rome can make all the mistakes they want and be given the chance to work through them. Again, as I have gathered, those guys remind AV of himself when he was a player, not particularly talented but grinds away.

Definitely seems like AV favours the sandpaper players who don't know how to score. I guess it's cause he wasn't considered a 'skilled' player during his years?

It's annoying to watch, and as a fan i'm getting pretty sick of it. Shirokov looked good in that game vs the Avs too
Old 12-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #11636
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
I'm just worried though at the current rate, if things truely are as they appear, the club may alienate Coho from the organization.
I don't care how good/bad everyone feels Coho is, but if he doesn't get to play, how is he supposed to develope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 12-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #11637
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I'm just worried though at the current rate, if things truely are as they appear, the club may alienate Coho from the organization.
I don't care how good/bad everyone feels Coho is, but if he doesn't get to play, how is he supposed to develope.
Coho has a good head on his shoulders, so I think it'll just drive him to play harder

btw, good read from the province

Quote:
There is a natural cynicism born of watching the Vancouver Canucks for their legion of fans over the 42 years the franchise has been going and there is a tendency not to recognize what's here before our eyes.

Perhaps it's all that time without winning a championship but then, really, there have only been five or six years when winning a title was reasonably possible. The first trip to the final in '82 would have been a goalie driven fluke of the highest order and the Flames should have smoked the Canucks in the first round in '94 had their coach Dave King not insisted on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

You hear longtime fans getting down on this year's team from time to time on talk radio or in the comments online and even we in the media often lose perspective over some issue whether it's a goalie shuffle or whether somebody is playing enough or too much. But the real Vancouver fan should recognize that the time to enjoy a team this good is now. This is pretty much as good as it gets unless you somehow get to an Oilers-Islanders-Habs like dynasty somehow. Remember there have been too many years when it's been terrible and those years will one day return. Now is the time to enjoy, celebrate and relish this team. Believe me, over the years there have been some bad ones.

This team has superstars, great balance of offence and defence, great leadership, management and ownership, the latter two working or at least appearing to work in harmony when that's not always been the case. The Aquilini family and Mike Gillis seem to enjoy each others support and company. It's not like the days when ownership was from out of town as in the days of Tom Scallen and later with John McCaw. These aren't the days when Pat Quinn wasn't hired by the McCaw people so you were never sure if they were on the same page. Nor is this a time when Brian Burke was at odds with the McCaw group over a contract extension. This act seems to be together and it shows.

Just watching the Sedins can be intoxicating all by itself. Sure they have games when they don't perform miracles but most of the time just watching them pass, battle for pucks behind the opposing goaltender to set up plays is amazing. Maybe it's like having a great view from your house. You see it so much you don't appreciate it like you should. These guys are utterly great and great to watch, and one day soon they'll have to retire. Enjoy it while you can.

A goaltending controversy? Most of the teams in the league should be so lucky. Goaltending problem? No chance. A goaltending controversy/problem is when you go into a playoff series with a team you thought could seriously compete for a title with Alex Auld as your No. 1. A goaltending problem is when you don't know whether to use Curt Ridley or Dunc Wilson. No matter who you think should start for the Canucks, the work done is apt to be outstanding compared to the goaltending this franchise has had in it's past. Burke, Quinn in the lesser Kirk McLean years, Harry Neale, Jake Milford (except '82) and Jack Gordon would have killed for goaltending like this. To make being a hockey fan worthwhile at all, you have to be able to enjoy the good times. And if you're one of those guys who likes to see the Canucks lose, well, you usually have to wait well into the spring before it happens.

The last two years the Canucks have had the best defensive corps in the team's history. If Dan Hamhuis stays healthy in the final last year, chances are they win a Cup going away. They may have lost a shade this year with Christian Ehrhoff's departure but on the 42-year scale, this is way up there. No offence intended here but you get some idea of the poverty when you realize that one of the most lionized D men in franchise history is Harold Snepsts. Yet on blog posts and comment sheets online, you'd think this team was somewhere near the cellar.

Perhaps we in the media are partly responsible, but to some degree it's our job to be inquisitive and not cheerlead. You can't do puff pieces every day, like this one might seem to most. But fans need to chill out and enjoy this. All teams hope and strive for the Detroit model but chances are performance at this level is going to be all too fleeting.

© Copyright (c) The Province

Read more: Gallagher: Time is now to enjoy Vancouver Canucks squad
Old 12-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #11638
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Blackhawks' Bolland rips Sedin 'sisters' on radio talk show

lmao blackcawks
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #11639
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
nice save

good thing Howard didn't get injured when Neal fell on top of him

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #11640
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
sportsnetmurph Dan Murphy
#canucks Cory Schneider to start Thursday versus #hurricanes.

Andrew Ebbett also cleared to skate and will join team in Carolina. AV hopeful he'll play.

On the topic of Bollands comments:

#canucks Alain Vigneault equated the size of Dave Bolland's IQ to that of a bird seed and said he has a face only a mother could love.

#canucks Bieksa said Bolland doesn't want the Twins on his team because then he'd be out of a roster spot.

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
Old 12-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #11641
RTS
My homepage has been set to RS

Luongo is such a POS. Make him flop and go high. The entire NHL/AHL/ECHL/WHL/PICH and my dad's beer league team know this.

F*CK. We are not winning the cup with him in net. Or with the Sedin's letting themselves get beat up again.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #11642
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTS View Post
Luongo is such a POS. Make him flop and go high. The entire NHL/AHL/ECHL/WHL/PICH and my dad's beer league team know this.

F*CK. We are not winning the cup with him in net. Or with the Sedin's letting themselves get beat up again.
i think there's a ton more people like you on this forum instead:

Canucks Community

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 12-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #11643
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

What a comedian
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #11644
RTS
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
i think there's a ton more people like you on this forum instead:

Canucks Community
There is a difference between being a fan and being a delusional fanboy.

I flew from Toronto to Vancouver for a ton of playoff games last year including game 7. Do you know what it's like to drop $5k on tickets and ~$15K on a playoff run to see your team NOT SHOW UP for the most important game of their lives?

The Sedins are pussies. Anyone that gets punched in the face 6 or 7 times and doesn't retaliate in anyway is, and pussies don't win the Stanley Cup.
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-14-2011, 01:51 PM   #11645
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Had the Canucks won GM7 but all else was the same, I bet the lot that the same people criticizing Sedin for taking those punches would hail him as genius for his discipline. Besides, didn't Marchand get a penalty for that anyway?

There was plenty of blame of go around for the loss besides Sedins and Luongo.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #11646
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
nice save

Jimmy Howard robs Malkin on goal-line 12/13/11 - YouTube

good thing Howard didn't get injured when Neal fell on top of him
You get a thanks for the vid AND the avatar
Old 12-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #11647
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:

The Sedins are pussies. Anyone that gets punched in the face 6 or 7 times and doesn't retaliate in anyway is, and pussies don't win the Stanley Cup.

Yeah yeah, and they can't skate and will never be anything more then 3rd line players.....we've heard it all before.

BTW, Matt Cooke has a Cup Ring and he's the biggest pussy in the NHL so there goes that argument.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 12-14-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #11648
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluk View Post

These comments by Bolland just show how the Canucks are getting inside the heads of some of the Blackhawks footsoldiers.

Props to coach AV for defending the Sedins and pointing out what an idiot like Bolland should have known before making the stupid comments: Act like a professional hockey player instead of a lousy comedian on talk radio. You play in the NHL, not in some bush league.

Blackhawks' Bolland rips Sedin 'sisters' on radio talk show

At least the Sedins won't embarrass their team like little Kane beating up a cab driver for twenty cents. Two all star players that are good men:

Canucks' Sedins donate $1.5M to hospital - British Columbia - CBC News
Old 12-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #11649
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,031 Times in 2,071 Posts
Quote:
There is a difference between being a fan and being a delusional fanboy.

I flew from Toronto to Vancouver for a ton of playoff games last year including game 7. Do you know what it's like to drop $5k on tickets and ~$15K on a playoff run to see your team NOT SHOW UP for the most important game of their lives?

You're a fucking idiot.

Who gives a shit what you did and how much you spent.

Sedins didn't retaliate because they wanted a call, or were you too fucking busy doing the math on how much money you spent to figure that out?

I'll give you 100 pucks and I bet you couldn't score once on Luongo with your amazing theory.

GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?

Last edited by punkwax; 12-14-2011 at 02:28 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #11650
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
You're a fucking idiot.

Who gives a shit what you did and how much you spent.

Sedins didn't retaliate because they wanted a call, or were you too fucking busy doing the math on how much money you spent to figure that out?

GTFO

He's a got a point, you want your back to back Art Ross winners in the penalty box it's just smart hockey.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread