REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #11651
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
Had the Canucks won GM7 but all else was the same, I bet the lot that the same people criticizing Sedin for taking those punches would hail him as genius for his discipline. Besides, didn't Marchand get a penalty for that anyway?
No, Daniel got a 10 minute misconduct while Marchard got a big pat on the back from the league.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 12-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #11652
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTS View Post
There is a difference between being a fan and being a delusional fanboy.

I flew from Toronto to Vancouver for a ton of playoff games last year including game 7. Do you know what it's like to drop $5k on tickets and ~$15K on a playoff run to see your team NOT SHOW UP for the most important game of their lives?

The Sedins are pussies. Anyone that gets punched in the face 6 or 7 times and doesn't retaliate in anyway is, and pussies don't win the Stanley Cup.

Bottom line they did not show up for game 7, agreed

However I see your anger living in a city whos hockey team can't win
Old 12-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #11653
I STILL don't get it

Quote:

I flew from Toronto to Vancouver for a ton of playoff games last year including game 7. Do you know what it's like to drop $5k on tickets and ~$15K on a playoff run to see your team NOT SHOW UP for the most important game of their lives?

The Sedins are pussies. Anyone that gets punched in the face 6 or 7 times and doesn't retaliate in anyway is, and pussies don't win the Stanley Cup.
, first of all that was bad reffing more than anything, you are suppose to get a penalty when you punch someone 6-7 times. So because a troll like marchand punches you, you suppose to go to the box with or without him by swinging back? this isn't the ufc. Look what Lapierre did to my boy Ryane Clowe, with his trolling ass shit, Clowe reacted in a way you would have loved. He got sent straight to the box and Lapierre rolled off with his now famous you mad face.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:45 PM   #11654
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Retaliation won't help in an important series. Discipline does.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:58 PM   #11655
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
I'm sure it meant much more to you than the players who dedicated their whole lives to get to that point.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #11656
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,717 Times in 1,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeDrink View Post
, first of all that was bad reffing more than anything, you are suppose to get a penalty when you punch someone 6-7 times. So because a troll like marchand punches you, you suppose to go to the box with or without him by swinging back?
I think that some of the Canucks antics (Such as the finger biting incident) in the series didn't help matters with the referees. They kinda made the bed that they had to sleep in.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Old 12-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #11657
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,239 Times in 571 Posts
FUCK GUYS!

Stop talking about last season, this is THE 2011/2012 thread! I have confidence in the boys this year to take it home!
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2011, 03:10 PM   #11658
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Being up 2-0 then up 3-2, coming home tied up at 3, in their minds it was ITB,

Even Christy and Gregor where planing the parade.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #11659
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Radio free agent David Pratt should still be a Team player
By Greg Douglas, Vancouver Sun November 12, 2011

Hardly a day goes by that somebody doesn't ask me the question: "What happened to Pratt?" That would be David Pratt, the in-your-face sports broadcaster absent from our local airwaves for seven weeks since his con-tract expired at Team 1040 on Aug. 31.

Pratt hosted the station's key on-air slot from 2 to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday for 10 years. It was billed as the Pratt & Taylor Show, but in reality, it was Pratt's full-time gig with Sportsnet's Don Taylor sitting in what was clearly the second chair.

It was the perfect "good guy, bad guy" setup. Pratt would draw the ire of listeners with his opinionated and often out-rageous rants while Taylor, wearing the white hat, would try to smooth things over.

Pratt relished the role.

It was a lucrative ride for both Pratt and Team 1040. Adver-tisers lined up to be part of it. As sports talk shows go, ratings went through the roof and Pratt basked in the limelight as his paycheques grew over the years.

Always the villain, he would take great delight in sharing with his listeners that he trav-elled to events by limousine, drank only the finest of whisky and enjoyed bachelorhood to the fullest. He worked hard and played hard, as though it would never end.

Pratt was hit with the first inkling something might be up when management at Team 1040 didn't show any great concern months before Pratt's contract expired on Aug. 31. It was almost as if both parties agreed they needed each other and things would be resolved in due time.

But a brash and confident Pratt rolled the dice demanding much more than management was prepared to meet and the 10-year partnership imploded. Sadly, neither party won. Love him or hate him, Pratt's presence on Team 1040 has been missed. And while Pratt figured he would be instantly scooped up by either Rogers Sportsnet or TSN, nothing has happened.

I know from personal conversations that the big britches Pratt was wearing three months ago have been dramatically taken in at the seams.

What I don't know is if management at Team 1040 would consider revisiting the situation. Not to have a star return to his dressing room door, but to take him back to host a one-or two-hour show in current time slots that could use some help.

With Thursday's announce-ment that the Canucks and Team 1040 (Bell Media) have extended their partnership with a new long-term radio rights deal through the 2016-17 NHL season, there is even more reason to suggest that Pratt be granted a mulligan.

Pratt can be annoying and offensive, yet somewhere in the mix there lies a unique and charming talent that has been missed on local radio these past three months.

drsport@telus.net

Read more: Radio free agent David Pratt should still be a Team player
Old 12-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #11660
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,438 Times in 1,120 Posts
Quote:

You want a gold star for sharing that?. Maybe you should write Francesco a letter and demand a refund - after all, he writes the cheques.

There are people in this thread who have been fans longer than you've been alive. There are plenty of bandwagons to jump on if you want to associate yourself with a winner.

And pussies come to a message board and complain. Real men act, right?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #11661
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,136 Times in 2,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
And while Pratt figured he would be instantly scooped up by either Rogers Sportsnet or TSN, nothing has happened.
Has he looked at himself in the mirror? He has a face for radio.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 12-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #11662
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,438 Times in 1,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Has he looked at himself in the mirror? He has a face for radio.
Pratt was a reporter for TSN in the early 90s. He was never trim, but he's not the overgrown guy he is now. Like Vince Vaughn, he's had too many late nights I'm afraid.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #11663
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

I do miss David Pratt. The Team 1040's new schedule is so brutal. I love Barry McDonald with Scotty in the morning but him and Taylor together are brutal to listen to.

I dont even get their running gag of naming players team in the funny nasal voice. It's not even funny.

Taylor is on for like 4 minutes by the time I get off at work at 5pm before he signs off now.

Morning show is a constant flow of Province writers. Brutal to listen to. At least Pratt and Taylor had chemistry...especially when they talk about poker being a sport or not
Old 12-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #11664
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,136 Times in 2,391 Posts
Not even talking about his weight, he's just ugly. Then again, Tony Gallagher is on Sportsnet regularly, his old wrinkly skin and wispy combover... reminds me of the cryptkeeper.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 12-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #11665
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Not even talking about his weight, he's just ugly. Then again, Tony Gallagher is on Sportsnet regularly, his old wrinkly skin and wispy combover... reminds me of the cryptkeeper.
show your picture and we'll judge you on that...
Old 12-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #11666
KO7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
I do miss David Pratt. The Team 1040's new schedule is so brutal. I love Barry McDonald with Scotty in the morning but him and Taylor together are brutal to listen to.

I dont even get their running gag of naming players team in the funny nasal voice. It's not even funny.

Taylor is on for like 4 minutes by the time I get off at work at 5pm before he signs off now.

Morning show is a constant flow of Province writers. Brutal to listen to. At least Pratt and Taylor had chemistry...especially when they talk about poker being a sport or not
I like Scottie and I miss Scottie and Ray together. I can't stand that Chapman guy that Scottie has to carry on the air. He's incredibly dull, not witty and can't fucking shutup about his love for football. I like how Ray is usually a guest at 7am, but it just ain't the same anymore.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #11667
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,195 Times in 5,577 Posts
Pratt love him or hate him had STRONG opinions and conducted some of the best interviews/ portions ive heard on the radio

however he obviously thought he was worth more than they did and imo they will never bow down to him and pick him back up imo

the new format is pretty wack, scotty in the morning is alright, but Sekeres & Price is fucking horrible

Price used to be all negative and he's toned it down a bit, but Sekeres is just a fucking pin-head goof, i cannot stand him

Also i'm getting fucking sick of the Tebow talk they do, it's pretty obvious that Sekeres is religous and him and price have gone on this hour long discussions about "god" and "Tebowing"

the next time it goes on for a long time, i'm gonna phone in and say "i'm sick of hearing talk about fairy tales all day and i'll be reporting this religious talk on public radio to the FCC"
Old 12-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #11668

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseBlue View Post
show your picture and we'll judge you on that...
doesnt take an ugly mug to recognize another ugly mug
why so defenisve

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #11669
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,494 Times in 4,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
There are people in this thread who have been fans longer than you've been alive.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #11670
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancehead View Post
doesnt take an ugly mug to recognize another ugly mug
why so defenisve
You put it better than I could have. I hate the "let's see you do it better" argument.

Besides, Tony Gallagher really does look like death.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #11671
RTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
You want a gold star for sharing that?. Maybe you should write Francesco a letter and demand a refund - after all, he writes the cheques.

There are people in this thread who have been fans longer than you've been alive. There are plenty of bandwagons to jump on if you want to associate yourself with a winner.

And pussies come to a message board and complain. Real men act, right?
Posted via RS Mobile
So anyone that thinks the Canucks are anything short of awesome is a bandwaggoner? you are a homer.

and we get it, you are old. doesn't make you smarter.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #11672
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Tony Gallagher in HD...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 12-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #11673
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
how about everyone cut out the faggotry that is filling this thread lately and lets talk hockey again.

Jeff Skinner out with a concussion now. does anyone have a list of whos had a concussion this season? according to the TSN injury list I count 24 guys out with concussions or PCS.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #11674
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,565 Times in 4,288 Posts
The faggotry is the main reason why I havent been posting much in this thread this year so far. If I wanted to deal with children I would babysit my buddies kids.....
Old 12-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #11675
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
The faggotry is the main reason why I havent been posting much in this thread this year so far. If I wanted to deal with children I would babysit my buddies kids.....
strong avatar to post content

lol but seriously, can't wait for the game tmrw. Too bad it's on sportsnet van
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread