REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

Liquid_o2 06-28-2011 01:16 PM

As much as I would like to see Ehrhoff in a Canucks jersey next year, it's not worth it for over $5 million a year long term. If you look at most teams defensive salary structures, they have a few younger promising D-men in the 750k to 2 mill range. With Tanev seemingly ready to take an everyday role on the team next year, and hopefully Salo resigning for one more year at a decent price, there just isn't the room for a long term/high money contract. Canucks will just have to replace those points by committee.

And as others mentioned, Edler will be looking for a big raise, and I'm happy MG is looking to the future.

shawn79 06-28-2011 02:06 PM

was on vacation for the weekend, what did u guys discuss about the mike richards and jeff carter trade?

spideyv2 06-28-2011 02:41 PM

I remember when we were looking for that puck moving defencemen and were even considering Beauchemin...we have a solid PP quarterback in Christian Ehrhoff, he can be a liability but he has a great shot and can easily put up another 50 points. I say we offer him $5mill MAX, anything more and let him walk.

sunny_j 06-28-2011 03:16 PM

new york islanders vs vancouver in game 3 of 1982 SCF is on shaw channel 153

highfive 06-28-2011 03:25 PM

I still remember Ehrhoff having problems playing on the left side or something? It made him and edler a more defensively liable pair. But for over $5 million, I prefer a D who can get his shots on net more often instead of shooting it wide. Plus I'm sure his 50 points can be spread over our other D pairings. Keep in mind we had an off year for Edler / Salo / Hamhuis. Plus this may give Bieksa a more offensive role if needed. Ballard as well.

JesseBlue 06-28-2011 03:38 PM

we still have time...

don't worry, ehrhoff is helping out the canucks for extra picks then would resign with us...:D

RRxtar 06-28-2011 03:41 PM

At $5million, that opens up alot of doors for a real good winger to play with Kesler. His 50 points will come back from a forward. Tanev will move up to a full time roster spot. Maybe Ballard will get off to a good start healthy.

If you include the nucks looking for a winger for Kelser already, you could be looking at a good $4m winger and a $3m Dman. Remember MG loves mobile puck moving Dman. We lost one, so we might get one coming back. I fully trust MG knows what hes doing. Hes building this team out of guys who want to be here, fit the program and fit the pay. He doesnt go out and buy expensive players driven by money and agents.

Edler
Bieksa
Hammer
Salo
Ballard
Tanev
Alberts
Rome
+maybe one more top 6

D still in pretty damn good shape.

winson604 06-28-2011 03:48 PM

Sorry if it's been posted. I also posted it in the Hockey THread thread but not everyone goes there so here you go.

http://contenta.mkt2202.com/ra/2011/...tore-Sale3.jpg

Gh0stRider 06-28-2011 03:53 PM

^^ ya i posted that earlier today :)

@TSNBobMcKenzie VAN trades Christian Ehrhoff's negotiating rights to NYI for a 4th round pick.

shawn79 06-28-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gh0stRider (Post 7493553)
^^ ya i posted that earlier today :)

@TSNBobMcKenzie VAN trades Christian Ehrhoff's negotiating rights to NYI for a 4th round pick.

translation - VAN trades patrick white to NYI for a 4th round pick

Ch28 06-28-2011 03:55 PM

Air Hoff isn't going to sign in NYI :lol

Thanks for the free 4th rounder Darth Snow

murd0c 06-28-2011 04:05 PM

and we resign him on Friday lol

I can't see that happening tho, knowing Gillis he has something up his sleeve right now.

UFO 06-28-2011 04:07 PM

I would have been fine with 5M on Ehrhoff with a 1-2 year term, just to play along with our current window of opportunity. I think it sounds like he was looking for an average of 5.5M on a long term 4-5 year contract likely with a NTC, which I am strongly against. I'd give him the $ he wants for 1-2 years until Edler's contract comes up, at least it would still keep our d-line stacked for next year and possibly the year after. Doesn't sound like Hoff gave us much of a homer discount at all.

Hoff was easily our most consistent D man last season, both offensively and defensively. Sure he had lapses, but he never had a run where he sucked it up hard. He is worth $1M more than Bieksa IMO, I don't agree with Bieksa being worth 4.6M but I guess that's what the market is willing to pay, and more.

murd0c 06-28-2011 04:17 PM

Now sign Alberts for 1.5 and trade Samuelson/Raymond and pick up a gritty top 6 forward thats what I personally think Gillis is going to do. Our D is strong time to add that forward we have been needing.

Gh0stRider 06-28-2011 04:17 PM

i can't see hoff signing with the islanders.

garth snow is a douche

b0unce. [?] 06-28-2011 04:20 PM

i could care less trading away samuelsson. but in the back of my mind i get the sense trading away raymond is going to bite us later haha

Gh0stRider 06-28-2011 04:24 PM

Penguins make official contract offer to Jaromir Jagr

Quote:

The worth of the offer is unknown for now but Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Rob Rossi reports that the offer could be around $2 million for the season. That might sound a bit high for a guy who’s been out of the NHL for three seasons and is 39 years-old, but if used properly and accompanied by the right linemates Jagr could be very productive. With guys like Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin in Pittsburgh or Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg in Detroit, Jagr would be right at home with some of the best players in the NHL.

It’s unknown when or if Detroit’s GM Ken Holland will jump into the fray, but for now and through tomorrow, Jagrwatch is on big time in Pittsburgh.

spideyv2 06-28-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] (Post 7493585)
i could care less trading away samuelsson. but in the back of my mind i get the sense trading away raymond is going to bite us later haha

Who is that broad in your avatar man? been wondering for a long minute..

hope we still re-sign ehrhoff, he's a good powerplay quarterback. It's stupid how people are calling him out for his defensive lapses during the playoffs. Bieksa was also caught out of position several times in the Boston series, and you can say ever since Hamhuis got injured, Bieksa wasn't the same player.

dbaz 06-28-2011 04:30 PM

getting rid of erhoff just guaranteed tanev a spot to start the season

RiceIntegraRS 06-28-2011 04:34 PM

^Rosie Jones i believe

Well the thing is, hes not defensively sound. Hes somewat like Jovo where he has a hiccup or 2 in his own end. But he is offensively gifted. Like someone said, he was looking for 5.5M a season which is in no way a Homer discount, plus wanted a NTC. Of course he could make more money somewhere else. If u have a good season or 2 and u can go anywhere and make more money, thats obvious. The Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, Hamhuis all could be making more money but they choose to be with a winner. Datsyuk, Zetterberg they obviously can make more playing somewhere else but they choose to play for a winner too.

So Ehrhoff, go make your extra Million or 2 and play for a loser. The only way i see this blowing up in our faces is if he signs with Detroit

murd0c 06-28-2011 04:35 PM

pick up Jovo for 3mill a year :troll:

tonyzoomzoom 06-28-2011 04:37 PM

bye bye ehrhoff. Thanks for the memories!

Derek_N84 06-28-2011 04:39 PM

See you later Blast-Hoff!

spideyv2 06-28-2011 04:41 PM

people on cdc: 'trade ehrhoff = sign weber' :facepalm:

jeedee 06-28-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyzoomzoom (Post 7493603)
bye bye ehrhoff. Thanks for the memories!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek_N84 (Post 7493607)
See you later Blast-Hoff!

It's just negotiation rights...he hasn't signed there 100% :facepalm:

It's just like when Nashville traded away Hamhuis's negotiating rights to Philly. He didn't sign there did he?

I don't know what I should be facepalming at more...the Weber conspiracies or the fact people are saying Ehrhoff is gone when its just negotiation rights and "it isn't over till its over"?

I have faith MG has a plan if Ehrhoff resigns or leaves.