REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/647779-official-2011-2012-canucks-thread.html)

JesseBlue 07-19-2011 04:29 PM

im waiting for burke to say that he offered stamkos something but will not circumvent the cba :D...money was there blah blah...

Tim Budong 07-19-2011 09:34 PM

The Canucks lost another key today

Kristen Ried....guess she's happily married? or is preggers? I thot it was kinda weird when she dropped the twitter

Major Canucks News! - Nucks Misconduct

Ronin 07-19-2011 09:39 PM

Lost her ages ago.

I wish she would just say bye, thanks for all the fun and we can wish her a happy life but instead, everyone is all cloak and dagger about it. Just tell us you're pregnant, reidder, and we'll say "Congratulations!". I don't know why there's such a mystery around it and why she had to suddenly disappear from Twitter.

Armind 07-19-2011 10:16 PM

:okay:

LikeASir 07-19-2011 10:33 PM

I don't know how many of you go to CDC so i decided to post this here.

Should the Canucks Kick the Tires on Chris Drury? - Orland Kurtenblog

Quote:

If you're an unrestricted free agent and haven't signed with an NHL team yet, you're probably having a stressful summer. There are still clubs that need players and others that have to spend money to get to the cap floor, but there are also plenty of free agents still looking for work, some of whom will be left out in the cold once the 2011-12 season starts.

Given it's only July, it might be a little early for players to take the first offers they get and be thankful they got one. The Canucks didn't sign Raffi Torres until the end of August last summer. But Mike Gillis does have a good pitch to make to UFAs that are looking to get their careers back on track. Come to Vancouver. Play on a good team. Surround yourself with quality players. Torres did. Now he's in Phoenix making $1.75 million per and growing red beards like a king.

Chris Drury is one UFA that hasn't found a team yet. This is probably because he scored one goal in 24 games last year with the Rangers while taking up $7,050,000 in cap space.

No, it didn't go well for Drury in New York. Not well at all. In fact, if there was a picture that described how well it went, this might be it:

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...use/homer2.png

You can also add injuries to the list of reasons potential suitors should be wary. In June, the New York Post reported that Drury had a "degenerative condition" in his left knee that might keep the Rangers from buying him out. But Drury was bought out anyway, which leaves one to conclude that he's healthy (or at least healthy enough), or that he let the buyout go through because he'd already made enough money off the club and felt pretty bad about it.

For the sake of argument, let's assume he's healthy. If he's not, it's an easy pass.

Let's also assume he won't be too fussy about money, what with having banked a fair bit the last few years. If money's an issue, it's another easy pass.

But if all he cares about is getting a fresh start, then it's at least worth kicking the tires. Drury, 34, is a character guy with a tonne of class, and you can never have enough of those types.

A lot of people thought it was crazy when he was picked to play for Team USA in the 2010 Olympics, with Jeremy Roenick being the most notable critic. And then Drury performed so well that JR was forced to issue an apology.

Said Roenick: "I think being in New York, I owe a huge apology, both in the New York area or across the country, to Chris Drury, who I said probably should not have been there, here in the Olympics. [He's] been a monster for Team USA. He's been one of their best players. I'll eat crow when crow needs to be eaten. This is my national apology to Chris Drury. He's just been a great, great hockey player."

Besides, even if Drury never rediscovers his scoring touch (he had 37 goals in 06-07 with the Sabres), he can still be an effective penalty killer that can move up to the top six if needed. He's listed as a centre (and is a great faceoff man), but he's played the wing before, which is probably where he'd have to fit on the Canucks. (Unless of course Manny Malhotra struggles, which is entirely possible given the severity of his eye injury.)

Admittedly, Drury signing in Vancouver is a long shot. After he was bought out by the Rangers, the rumour was that he would see if Buffalo was interested in his services. Hopefully he ends up somewhere and finds some success, because he deserves to be remembered as more than one of the biggest free-agent busts in hockey history.

jeedee 07-19-2011 10:41 PM

Forgot Drury was bought out and is now a UFA. I actually like the idea of Drury playing with Kes...that is, if he's willing to take a paycut.

spideyv2 07-19-2011 11:08 PM

Drury for 2 mill would be good, too bad that would never happen

Tim Budong 07-19-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7517354)
Lost her ages ago.

I wish she would just say bye, thanks for all the fun and we can wish her a happy life but instead, everyone is all cloak and dagger about it. Just tell us you're pregnant, reidder, and we'll say "Congratulations!". I don't know why there's such a mystery around it and why she had to suddenly disappear from Twitter.

i speculated she was preggers, then we saw her back on canucks.com...
then i just kinda forgot about it
never did join in the discussion why she left lol

tr0ubl3s0m3x 07-19-2011 11:45 PM

Where does it say she's preggers? Isn't she just moving to a permenant sportscaster roll for global or ctv? I saw her interview a guy from the bc Lions last week, and she didnt look preg.
And no. fuck Chris Drury. Overrated. He's worse than Scott Gomez imo.
Posted via RS Mobile

Tim Budong 07-20-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tr0ubl3s0m3x (Post 7517558)
Where does it say she's preggers? Isn't she just moving to a permenant sportscaster roll for global or ctv? I saw her interview a guy from the bc Lions last week, and she didnt look preg.
Posted via RS Mobile

it was a speculation

but to be honest, if she moved onto global or ctv, thats a big upgrade

punkwax 07-20-2011 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 7517350)
The Canucks lost another key today

Kristen Ried....guess she's happily married? or is preggers? I thot it was kinda weird when she dropped the twitter

Major Canucks News! - Nucks Misconduct

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 7517354)
Lost her ages ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 7517546)
i speculated she was preggers, then we saw her back on canucks.com...
then i just kinda forgot about it
never did join in the discussion why she left lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by tr0ubl3s0m3x (Post 7517558)
Posted via RS Mobile

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 7517641)
it was a speculation

but to be honest, if she moved onto global or ctv, thats a big upgrade

:wgaf:

MR_BIGGS 07-20-2011 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodnarb (Post 7517773)
:wgaf:

Have you seen the last few pages?

Gumby 07-20-2011 08:50 AM

During Stamkos' phone interview, he mentioned that people sent him photoshopped pics of him in a Leafs jersey, and he said he laughed so hard! Even Stamkos made fun of the Leafs. :lol

jeedee 07-20-2011 09:16 AM

No he laughed at the fact someone photoshopped his face, on Kessels body :lol
Posted via RS Mobile

krazynuck 07-20-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 7517824)
During Stamkos' phone interview, he mentioned that people sent him photoshopped pics of him in a Leafs jersey, and he said he laughed so hard! Even Stamkos made fun of the Leafs. :lol

Did not realize people took the time to do that kind of thing

still that's funny that he even brought that up

Tim Budong 07-20-2011 11:32 AM

I guess Ovie can sorta be excused...but my goodness

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/editorial_i...ik_surgery.jpg

dbaz 07-20-2011 11:43 AM

you can have a beer belly in hockey and still be awesome, as long as you have leg and arm muscles lol. dont hate. bertuzzi was big too when he had those good years

Tim Budong 07-20-2011 12:06 PM

even TVB loves us..or wel..two pieces of Canucks things on TVB in one year!
WOW

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9...1863405553.jpg

b0unce. [?] 07-20-2011 12:26 PM

^ people still use realplayer?

Tim Budong 07-20-2011 12:33 PM

jacked this from my friend
but most TVB drama is in RMVB format...LOL

Bouncing Bettys 07-20-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 7517824)

Stamkos grew up a leafs fan so the humour he found in the images wasn't from the franchise itself

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] (Post 7518027)
^ people still use realplayer?

give darthchilli a moment to respond, he's buffering at the moment.

Tim Budong 07-20-2011 01:51 PM

buffering still not complete..
fucking hongers..
LOL

BlackZRoadster 07-20-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 7518041)
jacked this from my friend
but most TVB drama is in RMVB format...LOL

I get all my tvb drama from hknow. They have divx and avi but files are about 690kb each. I dunno the last time I used rm because tv and ps3 both don't use rm for direct plug in hard drive
Posted via RS Mobile

AzNightmare 07-20-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 7518011)
even TVB loves us..or wel..two pieces of Canucks things on TVB in one year!
WOW

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/9...1863405553.jpg

I assume that black circular thing on the far right side is the puck... but what's that black thing behind Luongo?

btw... this picture makes me want to play haxball...

SkinnyPupp 07-20-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbaz (Post 7517985)
you can have a beer belly in hockey and still be awesome, as long as you have leg and arm muscles lol. dont hate. bertuzzi was big too when he had those good years

Bert is naturally a big/fat guy though. Plus Bertuzzi wasn't exactly the model athlete back then, even when they had the Goal Button going in full effect. He is more of an athlete now than he ever was.

Ovie looks like he spent the summer doing nothing but drinking beer and eating hot dogs. What an athlete!

Is he a fat big every summer, or was he always like this?