REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #19751
My homepage has been set to RS

Couple quotes from today.

Quote:
Mason Raymond: "I'm not going to go out and totally revamp my game. You can be a well-rounded player no matter what you're needed to do."
Quote:
Zack Kassian on vaulting to second line: "I didn't expect anything. I'm working hard because it can be taken away from you in a second."
Quote:
AV on Booth-Kesler-Kassian: "They've got speed, size and skill and two of the three have a little edge. If it works out it's a good line."
Quote:
AV on Raymond as fourth liner: "We're going to need him down the road, need that 25-goal scorer, but I've got to look at the big picture."
Advertisement

Last edited by kristianhay; 03-05-2012 at 03:33 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #19752
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
LOL saw that during the game. Like "Fuck you, bitch!!!"

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
Old 03-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #19753
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
Good move, Coach AV! Putting Kassian on the second line gives that line more size with scoring punch.

Was Kassian playing on the second unit powerplay during the Buffalo game last week? -missed most of the game, only saw the highlights.

Kass has the size to block the goalie's view of the puck and the hands to put the puck into the net. He's worth a try on the PP.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #19754
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Completely Canuck-related and extremely relevant, ironic, and bittersweet:

Super random and not Canucks-related but I thought these pics were hilarious:
Spoiler!
Old 03-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #19755
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
KASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSIIIANNN!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDood View Post
ZACK ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pure.life View Post
The Kassian one!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
the kassassin! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by satek View Post
kass!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo_s13 View Post
Kasssssssssssssssssss
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Kassssssian
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
KASSIAN!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
KASSIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
KASSSSS WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann View Post
Fuck ya the kassian one
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
KASSSIIIANNNNN!!!! FUCK CODY HODGSON!!!
Cody who?
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #19756
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
@theScore: The Boston Bruins have announced that the club has signed 10-year NHL veteran G Marty Turco to a one-year contract. Change of plans | The Score

Quote:
Turco will be placed on waivers, and can join the Bruins on Wednesday if he clears. He will not be eligible to play for Boston in the playoffs.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 03-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #19757
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
wtf is that about????
Old 03-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #19758
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Looks like Rask is out a while, then. I wonder how many games Timmy can play in the playoffs before burning out. Turco is not someone I would be comfortable backing up my team.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #19759
MOD

probably gonna play turco for the rest of the season so thomas can rest for the playoffs since turco can't play in playoffs

Quote:

Old 03-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #19760
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Im not 100% sure how it works but doesn't that mean there's like 23 teams that can claim him off waivers before he actually gets to Boston?

Turco's fall from grace is kinda sad. his career fell apart from being a top 5 goalie to not playing anywhere over like 1 year. Same as Brodeur altho Brodeur is older
Old 03-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #19761
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,005 Times in 231 Posts
i like turco for a couple reasons including

and

Old 03-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #19762
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Im not 100% sure how it works but doesn't that mean there's like 23 teams that can claim him off waivers before he actually gets to Boston?

Turco's fall from grace is kinda sad. his career fell apart from being a top 5 goalie to not playing anywhere over like 1 year. Same as Brodeur altho Brodeur is older
Comparing Turco to Brodeur?!!?

And Brodeur played in NJ every year since 94 so I dunno what you mean...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
Old 03-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #19763
MOD

Quote:

ya. any team can claim turco.

like what happened to the wings and nabby. the islanders claimed him off waivers so wings never got nabby.

Quote:

Old 03-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #19764
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHibiki View Post
Comparing Turco to Brodeur?!!?

And Brodeur played in NJ every year since 94 so I dunno what you mean...
you dont know what i mean because you missed the point. i didnt compare the 2, i just pointed out similarities in their downfalls.

turco and brodeur both went from top 5 goalies to playing absolutely terrible over one summer.
turco was a stud in dallas for a decade until 2010. the next year he didnt get re signed, and the year after he didnt have a job
brodeur was arguably the best goalie in the league until 2010. the next year he struggled to salvage the season and is now being outplayed by his backup johan hedberg.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #19765
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
In all fairness, after Brodeur's horrible tanking and injury last season, he's played decently well this year...

one of the main reason's why Devils are in a playoff spot too.....

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
Old 03-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #19766
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
you dont know what i mean because you missed the point. i didnt compare the 2, i just pointed out similarities in their downfalls.

turco and brodeur both went from top 5 goalies to playing absolutely terrible over one summer.
turco was a stud in dallas for a decade until 2010. the next year he didnt get re signed, and the year after he didnt have a job
brodeur was arguably the best goalie in the league until 2010. the next year he struggled to salvage the season and is now being outplayed by his backup johan hedberg.
I see. But for Brodeur, I think it is expected anyways. He is 40 years old afterall. He should be retired by now.

Turco isn't young either. He's 37.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #19767
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Toronto should pick Turco up, their goalies are absolute shit and if they have any chance on makin the playoffs they should use him. Plus fuck up Boston in the process....... fuck the first reason. Fucking Boston up is the only reason they need.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #19768

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
I don't know...I'd rather have Reimer or Gustavsson than Turco
Old 03-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #19769
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
I wonder if Garth Snow is feeling and claims Turco off waivers.. lol
Old 03-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #19770
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,005 Times in 231 Posts
lol Jets fans chanting at miller with "silver medal"
Old 03-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #19771
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Now all we need is Dale Weise to play well enough to bump Raymond to a healthy scratch and all is good in this world
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #19772
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,011 Times in 1,891 Posts
Since we all hate Raymond

Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay

Last edited by mb_; 03-05-2012 at 08:24 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #19773

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts

Old 03-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #19774
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renthal View Post
lol Jets fans chanting at miller with "silver medal"
Similar to what a few fans were yelling out on Saturday at the Buffalo game.
I was at the game sitting behind the net, and these guys in my section were yelling " HOW'S THE SILVER, MILLER?"

haha, our fans are so classy.. XD

-KC
Old 03-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #19775
My homepage has been set to RS

Zack Kassian since the trade: 3GP 1G 1A 2P 16 hits 8 shots +- 0 ATOI = 11:30

Cody Hodgson since the trade: 4GP 0G 0A 0P 3 hits 8 shots +2 ATOI = 16:50

CoHo with 3 points in his last 17.

Good article on Kass as well!

Quote:
MacIntyre: Canucks' Zack Kassian forced to grow up fast

Zack Kassian looks so much a man among men it is easy to forget how young he is — even for the big brother who helped raise him.

“A lot of times, people don’t realize he’s just 21,” Mike Kassian said Monday. “People look at him like he’s a man, but he’s still a boy. And sometimes he does boy things. With the things that happened, he had to grow up really quickly.”

You wouldn’t have known any of this from watching Zack Kassian play Saturday night on Hockey Night in Canada as the big power forward from little Kingsville, Ont., had one goal, an assist, seven hits and helped drag the Vancouver Canucks back into their game against the Buffalo Sabres.

His 21st birthday was six weeks ago.

Kassian could still be playing junior hockey in Windsor.

This is his first professional season. His minor-league apprenticeship lasted all of 30 games with the Rochester Americans.

Last week’s shock trade for Cody Hodgson brought the Sabres’ prospect to the Canucks. He may never leave the National Hockey League.

Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said Monday that the team’s pro scouts believed the 2009 first-round pick would be a top-six forward in the NHL.

“How long that’s going to take him, I’m not quite sure,” Vigneault said.

Apparently, 2˝ games. Vigneault promoted Kassian to the second line from the fourth on Saturday and Kassian, Ryan Kesler and David Booth dominated physically. Booth and Kassian scored in the third period before an empty-net goal secured the Sabres’ 5-3 win.

Kassian, whose boyish thing Monday was arriving late for practice, skated with Booth and Kesler, and the line will likely stay together for tonight’s game against the Dallas Stars. Skewed only a little by Kassian’s 230-pound frame, the trio average 6-2 and 215 pounds and have the power, size and skill to become a modern-day Legion of Doom.

“At least I can keep up in the weight department at 220,” Booth said. “When you have speed and skill and size, that’s pretty hard to defend. With the way guys train ... if [Kassian] dedicates himself over the next couple of years, there is no limit for him.”

Kassian has dedicated himself to hockey pretty well so far.

His dad, Mike Sr., died of a rare heart abnormality when Zack was eight. A mother of four, Shirley Kassian ran a cleaning business to support her family. Her husband had worked at the Chrysler plant in Windsor.

“My mom is an unbelievable person to be able to do what she did,” Zack said. “When I look back, it was crazy how she was able to do it all. I feel very grateful. If it wasn’t for her and my siblings to look out for me, and for my older brother to be a father figure, I probably wouldn’t be where I am today.”

Shirley Kassian visits later this week to help Zack settle in Vancouver. Amber, 24, the younger of Zack’s two sisters, is flying in from Alberta.

Mike Jr., 32, who works in sales for Spirol Industries, which supplies components for manufacturing, hopes to visit Vancouver in the spring. The eldest Kassian child is Stephanie, 34. Zack is the baby.

“Growing up without a father, but being very family oriented, we always did things together,” Mike said in a telephone interview. “There was so much family support. We had grandparents’ help, and my mom, my older sister, aunts, uncles, teachers, everyone.

“I always worried about my younger siblings. How were they going to grow up? What was life going to be like for them [without dad]? What would other kids say? But I think that bump in the road and that terrible situation for Zack also gave him courage and made him a stronger person.”

The Kassian kids all get checked annually to make sure they’re not developing the same heart condition that afflicted their father.

“Right before my draft, all the NHL teams that were interested in me made me go do heart scans and those crazy things,” Zack explained after practice. “I do get checked every year, me and my whole family, and everything is good.

“What happened to my father was a fluke. You can’t live scared and wonder if it will happen to you. You’ve got to move forward. It was a very rare disease.”

Mike Kassian spent a lot of time with his little brother. Instead of going out with friends on the weekend, he’d hang out with Zack. Mike said it never felt like a sacrifice.

But Shirley joked in an interview a couple of years ago: “I blame Zack that I don’t have any grandchildren because [Mike] is always with him. He’s always been there for him, always a phone call away, makes sure he has everything. He says: ‘Don’t worry mom, I’ll take care of him.’ ”

Although nothing can compare to the loss of his father, there have been other bumps along the way for Zack. Two year ago, he was suspended 20 games for targeting the head of an Ontario League opponent, and a scuffle outside a Windsor bar resulted in an assault charge that was dropped when Kassian agreed to a fine and community service.

“Some of the things that happened were definitely tough,” he said Monday. “But there’s no choice but to learn from them and move forward and mature as a person.”

Asked about this season and how much his life has changed, Kassian said: “It’s flown by, to be honest. My time in Rochester, I don’t even remember it that much now. I’m just trying to take it a day at a time and trying to get better each day. If you’d asked me a year ago about being on the Vancouver Canucks, I would have laughed. It’s an awesome opportunity.

“I’ve just turned 21. I still have a lot of things to learn. I’m going to be a sponge and try to learn things as soon as possible. But saying that, it takes time and years in this league to fully mature.”

Imagine then, the player Kassian could become.