REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #19726
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Game 1: Van 3, SJ 2
Henrik Sedin - 1st star
GOALS: 1| ASST: 1| PTS: 2

Game 2: Van 7, SJ 2
Henrik Sedin - 3rd star
GOALS: 0| ASST: 3| PTS: 3

Game 3 Van 3, SJ 4
Henrik Sedin
GOALS: 0| ASST: 1| PTS: 1

Game 4 Van 4, SJ 2
Henrik Sedin - 1st star
GOALS: 0| ASST: 4| PTS: 4

Game 5 Van 3, SJ 2
Henrik Sedin
GOALS: 0| ASST: 2| PTS: 2
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #19727
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
kassian eating with erhofff and miller?
Old 03-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #19728

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Pretty much this. I guess a lot of fans got frustrated because the Sedins did not live up to their regular season standards in the postseason. They were invisible for a lot of the games, especially when the going got tough.
Posted via RS Mobile
Easy for you to say but remember that Henriks back was so fucked up he could barely kneel forward and tie his own skates. You can't just blame the Sedins for "being invisible" / not showing up when most or the entire team didn't either.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #19729
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,279 Times in 1,634 Posts
especially when they took cross check after cross check after cross check with NO call from the refs. it's no wonder henrik's back was fucked up by the time we got to the finals.

anyways, i'm really curious to see how our team will look at the end of the season. i have to be honest and say that at this point in time, i don't have as much confidence as i did in last year's team. and no, for the cynical ones, i'm not just basing this on last night's performance.
Spoiler!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:41 PM   #19730

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
i have to be honest and say that at this point in time, i don't have as much confidence as i did in last year's team. and no, for the cynical ones, i'm not just basing this on last night's performance.
Interesting. I really like this years team versus last years team.

2010-11:
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond/Higgins - Kesler - Samuelsson
Torres - Lapierre - Hansen
Glass - Malholtra / Hodgson - Oreskovich

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Ehrhoff - Edler
Ballard - Salo
Rome / Alberts

Luongo
Schneider

2011-12:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Higgins - Pahlsson - Hansen
Malholtra - Lapierre - Raymond (where he belongs)

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Salo
Ballard / Gragnani / Rome - Tanev / Alberts

Luongo
Schneider

--

The 4th line last year was a mess. There was no "solidified" center or 4th line OVERALL. Guys were always rotated on that line. This years 4th line is MUCH better compared to last year.

The 2nd line is legit with Kesler having actual linemates playing with him and the addition of Kassian being able to play with Kes, Sedins or as a grinder on the 3rd/4th also helps [which Hodgson can't do cough cough*]

Although this years defense is weaker than last year because of not having an Ehrhoff, Schneider can easily step into Luongo's spot if he craps the bed versus his "inexperience against big teams" last year

I'm confident with this years team

Last edited by jeedee; 03-04-2012 at 10:46 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 10:45 PM   #19731
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
the canucks dont rebuild, they reload
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #19732
degenerate extraordinaire

I really hope Booth can keep it up! The Amex line has been amazing to watch thus far, and with Kassian looking like he can fit into that line, its deadly offensively and defensively!
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #19733

grags and tanev should be our bottom pairing
Old 03-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #19734
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Pretty confident in this years line up. Now's the best time to win the cup. Another Canuck team like this might not roll around for a while. We're tougher and more experienced this year, I'm fuckin pumped for the playoffs.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #19735
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
We got 16 games left. 10 of them are against non-playoff teams. This is the perfect time for the Canucks to head into the playoffs with some momentum on our side with everyone firing on all cylinders.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #19736
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
We got 16 games left. 10 of them are against non-playoff teams. This is the perfect time for the Canucks to head into the playoffs with some momentum on our side with everyone firing on all cylinders.
wouldn't the opposite be better? considering the Canucks pretty much are locked into a 1 or 2 seed, wouldn't you want to end it with some playoff type games? beating on the lower tier teams doesn't really prep for the playoffs.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #19737

prep to prevent injuries
Old 03-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #19738
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeDrink View Post
wouldn't the opposite be better? considering the Canucks pretty much are locked into a 1 or 2 seed, wouldn't you want to end it with some playoff type games? beating on the lower tier teams doesn't really prep for the playoffs.
Thats a good arguement but the Canucks already know what it takes to win come playoff time. Id rather the Canucks build some momentum. We dont need them to prep for playoff hockey cause we need them to be as fresh as humanly possible and injury free cause the playoffs is a huge grind
Old 03-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #19739
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Booth our x-factor in the postseason?
Old 03-05-2012, 03:22 AM   #19740
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Anyone else thinking that Dallas could pull off a huge upset in the playoffs? The more I watch them, the more I wish the Canucks don't have to play them in the first round. They seem to be rolling at the right time.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:01 AM   #19741
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
LOL both goalies get hurt for the OHL Erie Otters, forward forced to play goal. Jamie Allison had to dress as backup goalie to sit on the bench one year for the Predators, would be funny to see this in the NHL

Quote:
Connor Crisp hadn't strapped on goalie pads since he was a boy, and he may never do so again.

But for one game, the 17-year-old centre played in net for the Erie Otters and was named first star after allowing 13 goals on 46 shots.

Crisp was pressed into action as an emergency replacement Sunday when starting goalie Ramis Sadikov was injured in the opening minutes of a 13-4 victory by the Niagara IceDogs.

"Well, I'm a road hockey goalie, ball hockey goalie, but that's the first time I've put on goalie equipment and played on ice since I was five years old," said Crisp.

The Otters dressed only one goaltender after backup Devin Williams suffered a head injury earlier this weekend in a game against Saginaw. Sadikov was knocked out just 1:45 into Sunday's game after a collision with IceDogs forward Alex Friesen, who received a five-minute major for charging and a game-misconduct on the play.

With no backup on the bench the Otters had a choice -- dress a player for the rest of the game, or forfeit.

Enter Crisp, who hadn't played in a single game this season after undergoing shoulder surgery. He had been designated as the backup goalie prior to the game, but said "not in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be playing today."

Following a 20-minute delay while he donned goaltender equipment, Crisp stepped onto the ice and almost slipped, then fell while taking warmup shots -- much to the appreciation of the Niagara fans.

"My feet are still cramped, I can hardly walk right now," said Crisp. "Rammer's skates were three times too small and not wide enough, that's probably why I couldn't skate."

The fans' admiration would soon grow.

Crisp made six saves in the first period, 12 in the second and 14 more in the third period, which culminated with a standing ovation from the crowd and first star honours.

"It was appreciated so much -- beyond words," he said. "Honestly, it was embarrassing to let some of those goals in, but I think the IceDogs fans knew. I can't say enough about how fun and classy that was today."
OHL: Otters forced to put forward in net, lose to IceDogs

This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #19742
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,279 Times in 1,634 Posts
jeedee: as you pointed out, my main concern is with defense. we haven't replaced ehrhoff by any means and it's the same story with ballard again this year. his performance/confidence hasn't improved a whole lot despite having more opportunities to play. we've relied heavily on offense from salo/edler and bieksa/hamhuis struggle at times to shutdown.

then we have alberts & rome who are decent but not difference makers. tanev is good but still needs more muscle. gragnani's play is almost overtly offense (dangerous to us come playoff time imo).

i do like our forwards better this year but we have yet to see what pahlsson can offer as our shutdown centre. he's 34 now and didn't do a whole lot for columbus (yes, i realize that team sucks ass collectively). kassian has played well considering the type of pressure he must be feeling and i hope he can ratchet it up for the playoffs because we need him NOW more than later. if the sedins are shutdown (and they usually are at some point) then we are left with the second line to score with rare contributions from the 3rd and 4th lines.
Spoiler!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #19743
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
^True our defence needs to be healthy throughout the playoffs. That's why Gillis always say it's not for sure we will win, it sometimes depends on your luck too. Like imagine if Chara was hurt?

Just make sure Hamhuis doesn't do any hip checks that ends up hurting himself. lol
Old 03-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #19744

we shouldve traded mason raymond for some bubble wrap for Salo at the trade deadline

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #19745
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Spoiler!
haha some pretty good sportsmanship if you ask me (end of game)
Old 03-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #19746

Quote:
Kassian on #canucks 2nd line at practice. Raymond alternating with Weise on 4th line. Rome + MAG still paired together. Alberts w/ Tanev.
Good to hear.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #19747
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
Vancouver Canucks Playing Basketball - YouTube

I hope this isn't a repost.. But, I lol'd.

Canucks playing basketball in Chicago I think...
what made you think it was chicago?

the blackhawks banner up top?
the chicago bulls wording on the hardwood floor?

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #19748
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,075 Times in 1,185 Posts

Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #19749
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Spoiler!
Saw this on SportsCentre last night. There's a crowd that appreciates how wacky and special of a game the just witnessed. Great sportsmanship by all (except the guy that ran the goalie...). Great example of an amazing hockey story.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #19750
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Saw this on SportsCentre last night. There's a crowd that appreciates how wacky and special of a game the just witnessed. Great sportsmanship by all (except the guy that ran the goalie...). Great example of an amazing hockey story.
That guy is a Canucks prospect