REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #20326
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
For me, I have seen this a long time coming. They haven't been playing really well in quite a while. SO many of their wins came in OT or SO, which I was saying back then was a bad sign, but people kept telling me that "a win is a win" and "points are points" and "the regular season doesn't matter"

Well they were on the winning side of the fine line, and now they are below it.. This needed to be addressed a while ago, hopefully they can work it out, but I'm not sure if they have enough time.

At least they have enough points accumulated to make it into the playoffs near the top of the standings, let's just hope they can make something of it.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 03-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #20327

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Great post Skinny. A positive one that I haven't seen in awhile

It also makes me wonder why they tend to "struggle" against the weaker teams like Columbus, Carolina and Montreal.

I don't know if it's a motivational factor, but it's a good sign that they "show up" for the big games against the Detroit's, San Jose's, Chicago's etc.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #20328
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Not surprised at this thread post-game

rofl.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #20329
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
jeedee why the fuss? just calm down
Old 03-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #20330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
jeedee why the fuss? just calm down
What?

People were getting riled up to the fails I gave them and I told them why...

noob
Old 03-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #20331
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
What?

People were getting riled up to the fails I gave them and I told them why...

noob
I know people that know people who are people

/bradfordchow.jpg
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #20332
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
skinnypupp and jeedee has the best smart ass remarks on this forum but if you ask me i think jeedee > skinnypupp with that kinda shit
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #20333
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,691 Posts
The team must get its act together and find its "A-game" soon. It does sound like that there is some mental fatigue among the players.

The captain welcomes two days off before the Phoenix game:

(http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=621577&navid=DL|VAN|home)

The solution to the Canucks woes, according to coach Alain Vigneault, is giving the team two full days away from the rink to re-energize, re-focus and re-dedicate themselves to Vancouver Canucks hockey.

That idea went over well with the players.

“It was a really tough February, we were away for a long time and this is a good chance for us to get away and re-focus a little bit during some time off and be ready,” explained Henrik Sedin, now without a point in eight straight games, one off his career low of nine.

Good teams build momentum and finish the season on a winning note before the playoffs.

The guys better play a much better game against Phoenix after the two days off. If they don't, coach AV has to get the team to work hard to correct mistakes and improve their game. Every guy in the dressing room is held accountable for the team's poor play.

I'm also expecting Henrik to lead by example and play much better against the Coyotes. Come on Captain!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #20334
My homepage has been set to RS

Whatever the reason - may it be they are saving themselves for the playoffs, slumping just because, whatever - it doesn't matter from a fans perspective. Bottom line, the Canucks are playing like shit lately. It's not fun to watch, and not having the difference makers show up will obviously start to worry some people.

Jeff Paterson said it on the post-game show, but he said that he had previously not even thought about the Canucks having a first-round exit from the playoffs, but the zygote is now there. Not a prediction or an assumption, just a thought. I'm sure this goes for a lot of fans too.

These people are professional athletes and they want to win. They didn't get to this level by trying to save themselves for the bigger stage - these players want to win night in and night out. If you've ever played the sport at some kind of high level (even if it is a "high-level" relative to what you're used to) you know this intensity and desire to win will be there, regardless of if you're in 1st or 8th place.

As I've said before, it's not as easy as turning on a switch and suddenly playing the game better.

13 games left is not a lot and the playoffs are right around the corner. Here's hoping the boys can turn it around real quick here.

Highlight of the night though, even though it wasn't the best tilt. Kids a beauty.

Lastly:

Quote:
@FarhanLaljiTSN
If you think #nhl is being called differently: on pace for 212 fewer hooking calls, 109 less holds, 57 less trips, 49 less int - ESPN stats

Last edited by kristianhay; 03-10-2012 at 11:18 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #20335
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
hmm, AV had a pretty harsh call out on edler post game (altho prbly warranted...)
Old 03-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #20336
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
wtf at carey prices attire at post game. he was dressed as a cowboy lol

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 03-11-2012, 01:40 AM   #20337
f.
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I'd rather have them slump now and not in the playoffs..
Old 03-11-2012, 01:51 AM   #20338
misfortune cookie (V)

Thanked 2,716 Times in 422 Posts
or not slump at all

Last edited by LsquareD on 00-00-0000 at 00:00 PM
Old 03-11-2012, 04:11 AM   #20339
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I am sure I am not the only one who noticed this. Schneider in net = win. Luongo in net = lose.

But I like Schneider more so I am biased.

Other than that, as a team, everyone seems like out of sync. Where did all those first period goals go? Salo hasn't been the "Salo" after the Marchand clipping. AV not putting Weise or Bitz back in when MayRay is not producing anything. Just my amateur observations.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 03-11-2012, 04:40 AM   #20340

Quote:
Great post Skinny. A positive one that I haven't seen in awhile

It also makes me wonder why they tend to "struggle" against the weaker teams like Columbus, Carolina and Montreal.

I don't know if it's a motivational factor, but it's a good sign that they "show up" for the big games against the Detroit's, San Jose's, Chicago's etc.
They may be professionals, but it's the same at every level. Growing up playing volleyball it was the same. We were bouncing back and forth with one other team as the #1 ranked Sr. guys vball team in the Province but still sometimes had issues with the teams that were bad during regular season. It's all mental, you play down and play at their level. Then going to regionals, then provincials etc. and playing it was a totally different game. Everyone was there to win and it showed.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #20341
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Canucks have been playing very poorly. Not just Luongo, but he has been far from stellar. At this point, I also have more faith in Schneids. Someone posted that the cap may go up to 70M. If thats the case, fuck Parise, keep Schneider as well. I think he'd take 3 - 4M for a few years knowing that Lu isnt staying here until his contract ends. I think everyone knows that.

I, like SkinnyPupp, haven't been comfortable with all the 1 goal games for months. We played that way for a couple seasons, get a 1 goal lead and defend... it doesn't work.

That being said, last season they dominated all season and ran out of gas when they needed it most. Fatigue also leads to injury. If you think they haven't learned from that and aren't trying to conserve some energy for playoffs you're wrong. And if you think you're cool by bringing it up every time the Canucks lose, you're just being ignorant. jayare604.jpg

Sedins are in a slump. For the first time in 8 years. Sure the timing is shitty, but it could be worse. They have time to pick it up before playoffs.

Anything can happen at the big show. Boston proved that last year. Canucks are a great team and we can be sure they'll show up in big games. They've done it all season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 03-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #20342
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
I just want to make it out of the first round...
Old 03-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #20343
RS controls my life!

Yeah, not comfortable with how they are playing now but still have faith. The ESPN stats about penalties definitely doesn't bode well for the 'skilled' teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
I just want to make it out of the first round...
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
Old 03-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #20344
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts
jeedee is the new shawn79
1982 TE72
1988 5.0
1990 S13 Coupe
2006 Mazda B4000 4x4
1987 Ae86 Coupe
1988 Cressida Wagon
1985 Cressida 7m Swap
1987 Ae86 Hatch
1989 FC
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #20345
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Don't know what all the fuss is about. It's all about playoff performance.

If I had my way, I'd call up a bunch of AHL'ers and give the big boys a break (kesler/sedins/burrows). They usually get all banged up when the post season starts, lets not forget, Henrik had an ankle issue right? Or Daniel?
Old 03-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #20346

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Don't know what all the fuss is about. It's all about playoff performance.
That's what I've been saying for the past month...
Old 03-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #20347

Let's take a look at 4 cup contending teams in their last 10 games:

Vancouver's Last 10 Games
4-4-2

Boston's Last 10 Games
4-5-1

Detroit's Last 10 Games
4-5-1

New York Rangers Last 10 Games
4-4-2

Is it coincidence that these teams are all struggling together now knowing that they are going to make the playoffs? Sure, you can give Detroit a bit of a pass since they have been missing Datsyuk, Howard and Lidstrom.

But my point being is if you look at all the teams who are making a strong effort to either make the playoffs, or battle for positioning down the road, they're giving it their 110% every night compared to teams that have already made it.

Now CDC take a deep breath and just watch this team take form when it matters. It doesn't "matter" now, and it won't "matter" till later. We all learnt our lesson from last year. Have faith!!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #20348
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
inb4 half the people ITT, or even anybody, be like "see? told ya" as soon as the sedins have a game where they get on the scoreboard w/ 2+ pts each

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #20349
kwy

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:

4-4-2

Boston's Last 10 Games
4-5-1

Detroit's Last 10 Games
4-5-1

4-4-2

Is it coincidence that these teams are all struggling together now knowing that they are going to make the playoffs? Sure, you can give Detroit a bit of a pass since they have been missing Datsyuk, Howard and Lidstrom.

But my point being is if you look at all the teams who are making a strong effort to either make the playoffs, or battle for positioning down the road, they're giving it their 110% every night compared to teams that have already made it.

Now CDC take a deep breath and just watch this team take form when it matters. It doesn't "matter" now, and it won't "matter" till later. We all learnt our lesson from last year. Have faith!!
Best post itt in a while.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #20350
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:

4-4-2

Boston's Last 10 Games
4-5-1

Detroit's Last 10 Games
4-5-1

4-4-2

That's great an' all ... but last I checked this was RS
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Closed Thread