REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #20376
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
It's official: the Canucks will get knocked out of the first round because Tony Gallagher said so.

I'm turning my attention to the Whitecaps now because at least I don't have to deal with a bunch of Debbie-Downer armchair coaches and GMs on the intraweb.
Posted via RS Mobile
Very small fanbase = small number of idiots.
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #20377
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Everytime I feel a bit down, I watch this video and everything is just ok.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #20378
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Don't see anyone complaining about not having grabner anymore when he's gone 25 games with 1 goal..
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #20379
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Don't see anyone complaining about not having grabner anymore when he's gone 25 games with 1 goal..
Posted via RS Mobile
Nope, but I do hear the Kopitarzzz once in a while.

Am I seeing something? Cody played a total of 11:07 minutes tonight??
Old 03-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #20380

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Am I seeing something? Cody played a total of 11:07 minutes tonight??
Got demoted to 4th line
Old 03-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #20381
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
0 points playing 21 minutes will do that
Old 03-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #20382
My homepage has been set to RS

Good read if you're bored.

Quote:
Zack Kassian has been good at staring down the opposition. And just as good at staring at the ceiling.

While Kassian and Marc-Andre Gragnani have transitioned well from Buffalo to Vancouver, there have been miscues and missed assignments for Gragnani and even a bout, benching and a misconduct for Kassian. However, the newcomers haven't wilted under the intense glare of the local spotlight as much as many of their struggling teammates since being acquired at the NHL trade deadline.

Now if they could only sleep.

Kassian believes the lack of shut-eye has much to do with expectation while Gragnani contends his initial lack of sleep was the result of a three-hour time change and trying to get his body clock in sync. Two days away from the rink should have helped before returning to practice Tuesday, unless you're Kassian. Think about it. Before the winger's first shift as a Canuck, there was debate about what whether the budding power forward would eventually evolve into a Milan Lucic or a Steve Bernier. And there was considerable debate whether the Canucks got enough in return by jettisoning Cody Hodgson.

"Oh yeah," chuckled Kassian. "I didn't sleep well. I'd stare at the ceiling for a while, look at my phone and the Internet and just kind of relax and slowly try to get to sleep. When it's midnight, it's 3 a.m. back home and not too many people I can talk to. Throughout the day it's good."

There's lots to talk about. Looking comfortable on shifts with Henrik and Daniel Sedin in his Phoenix debut. Four shots and four hits against St. Louis. A goal and an assist and seven hits against Buffalo. Second-line time and 14 minutes before a return to reality and seven to eight minutes on the fourth line. And also being pined by coach Alain Vigneault after a bad read on a Kyle Wellwood goal against Winnipeg.

"I didn't play much because I didn't play well — it's that simple," said Kassian. "He's a coach who plays you if you're going and it's a great way because if you're not going, you shouldn't be playing. That happens. I need to get going. Losing is not fun. We've got to rest our minds a bit and get away from the rink and come back and be ready to work."

If that isn't enough to keep him awake, Kassian also fought Brad Staubitz and drew a 10-minute misconduct against Montreal on Saturday. No wonder sleep has been at a premium. Somebody call the sleep doctor.

"For the most part, it doesn't have anything to do with the time change," added the 21-year-old Kassian. "It was just changing cities and getting traded to a great team — there's a lot on your mind. I'm slowly starting to sleep better, so that's good. It's the excitement of being here and in a new city. When you get traded to a contending team, it's kind of a dream come true.

"Who doesn't want to get traded to a Canadian team that has a push for a Stanley Cup? It's pretty surreal and you've got to snap into reality pretty quick. When you think about it, it's pretty exciting and I've got to get back on track here."

At his best, Kassian might be a third-line fit by the postseason. He skates well enough, is hard on the forecheck and has pretty good hands — whether handling the puck or handling himself in that fight with Staubitz.

"He was running around a bit, so when people take liberties with your teammates, you can't sit and watch," said the 6-foot-3, 214 pound winger. "If it happens, it happens. I'm not going to go looking for it and I don't want to be just a tough guy, but when that stuff comes along you've got to answer the bell. I want to be physical, move my feet and protect pucks and get them in deep."

If Kassian does that consistently, he'll sleep well. If not, then the Canucks' bottom-six mix for the postseason could become as confusing as the Sedins' combining for just one assist the last eight games and the club having just two wins in the last seven outings and managing only 14 goals. Kassian seems far removed from being suspended three times in the OHL — once for 20 games for a hit to the head — and charged with assault in a bar fight on May 30, 2010 in his native Windsor before the charge dropped.

"You want to show your teammates and the coaching staff that you're ready to play and that it was the right trade," summed up Kassian. "All that stuff is going through your head."

For Gragnani, a new system hasn't been as trying as trying to adjust to the Pacific time zone. He turned 25 on Sunday and will turn heads if his puck-moving decisions are as good as his stride. Being better rested should help the Montreal native who's pointless in five games as a Canuck with just two shots and a minus-1 rating.

"With the time change, I was over-sleeping and I'm fine now," said Gragnani. "But for the first week, it was hard for my naps and even at night but the rest was really easy for me. We play a good style for me. We skate and move the puck really well and that suits my game. I didn't have any trouble adjusting at all."

Canucks newbies still losing sleep under weight of expectations

Last edited by kristianhay; 03-12-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #20383
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
He's just having trouble adjusting to a new team. I'm sure he will tear it up next year.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #20384
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
LOL Weise looks like he has a monobrow

CanucksTV: CFKF Telethon Blooper Video - NHL VideoCenter - Vancouver Canucks
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
Old 03-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #20385
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Weise looks like Michael Rapaport.

He hits on anything that has a semi-hot profile picture on Twitter.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #20386
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger33 View Post
lappy seems like such a goofy guy
Spoiler!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #20387
UFO

So Pittsburg has been on a tear lately, and Sid is coming back on Thursday. Everything I've read thus far is saying he is a monster itching to come back. Unless he gets knocked again out before the playoffs, I give the Pens the nod to get out of the East.

And Radulov coming back for Preds as well. Team with a very solid back end and goaltending, just got their best player outside of the NHL back.

This is going to be an exciting year for playoffs. Let's just skip the last 13 games of the regular season and jump right in, we all know the Canucks would be all up on that
Old 03-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #20388
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

If I was Nashville I'd be pissed. I don't know exactly why Radulov left but he wants to come back now after they're going to make a serious playoff push?

What a bitch. Man up and make the team elite instead of joining after it's elite.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #20389
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Dan Bylsma said recently he has the best and worst situation in the world
Best is that the best player in the game is coming back,
worst is how to fit him on a squad thats already rolling

Lucky bastard LOL

as for Radulov, he owes NSH one more year. Some will argue that he shouldnt be allowed to play, but because of loopholes in the CBA. NSH suspended a player that still holds a roster spot for this to happen. He makes NSH a legitimate threat.

Radulov held out NSH to go for the money in the KHL. The KHL needed a Russian superstar and they found it in Radulov. Arguably one of the best NOT playing in the NHL.

Im sure Radulov would make the team from the beginning of the year if he wanted to. the guy is a beast

Im curious if he would be allowed to wear his HULK GLOVES
Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #20390
UFO

Apparently Radulov and the locker room leaders from a couple years ago did not get along all that well. That and the KHL dangled lots of money in front of him, much more than his entry level contract.

If I was Nashville, I would be hesitant to re-sign him this offseason given his track record of not honouring contracts. I would be pissed that he is 'honouring' the last year of his entry level contract by playing a dozen regular season games and whatever playoff games. But I would be ecstatic at getting talent like this for the playoff run so long as it doesn't mess around with your dressing room chemistry.

If the Preds wanted to send a message to this kid, they'd bring him back and have him watch the remaining games and playoffs from the pressbox. But they will want him in the lineup for obvious reasons.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #20391
Hyde's Understudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
If I was Nashville I'd be pissed. I don't know exactly why Radulov left but he wants to come back now after they're going to make a serious playoff push?

What a bitch. Man up and make the team elite instead of joining after it's elite.
it would maybe fuck up team chemistry in the locker room..

It would be a nice addition , but does he really deserve to play in the playoffs when he hasn't done anything.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #20392
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
If the Preds wanted to send a message to this kid, they'd bring him back and have him watch the remaining games and playoffs from the pressbox. But they will want him in the lineup for obvious reasons.
If they did that, Nashville would lose Radulov forever. I'm hoping for Nashville's sake that Radulov isn't a primadonna who expects first line minutes immediately and plays like a one man show.

If he comes back. lol
Old 03-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #20393
UFO

^meh, like I mentioned, if I was the Pred's, I'd be hesitant on keeping him after this season anyways. It's widely accepted that they can't afford to keep Weber, Suter, and Rinne. Now they have to throw Radulov into the mix too. Trade away his RFA rights to the Leafs or something, let them deal with his problems.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #20394

WTF?

Morning Practice Lines.

Sedins Raymond

Burrows with Pahlsson and Hansen.

WTF #2

Edler - Bieksa
Hamhuis - Tanev
Gragnani - Salo
Old 03-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #20395
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
none of those lines work wtf
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 03-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #20396
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
^meh, like I mentioned, if I was the Pred's, I'd be hesitant on keeping him after this season anyways. It's widely accepted that they can't afford to keep Weber, Suter, and Rinne. Now they have to throw Radulov into the mix too. Trade away his RFA rights to the Leafs or something, let them deal with his problems.
Actually Bill Daly confirmed that it appears the cap will go up to $69 mil or $74 mil next season, so Nashville will have no problems signing them all assuming the players want to stay. Their new ownership group has also lifted any internal budgets and ok'd spending to whatever the cap is.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #20397

I guess it's like AV message to the Twins. Start scoring or you're playing with Raymond.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #20398
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
crosby back thursday woohoo

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Old 03-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #20399
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
I guess it's like AV message to the Twins. Start scoring or you're playing with Raymond.
New 4th liners?
Old 03-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #20400
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Quote:
First mayray joke I've laughed at lol. Imma thank you when I get home
Posted via RS Mobile
Closed Thread