REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 09:19 AM   #1576
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
Didn't this happened with the Kings when we traded Cloutier for a second round pick?
No, Cloutier was healthy when he was traded, he played about 30 games for the Kings then got injured. Kings bought him out, Cloutier filed a complaint with the NHLPA saying since he was hurt he deserves the full value of his contract.
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #1577
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
ohh cause I remembered that Lombardi was pissed at Nonis for not disclosing certain injuries Cloutier had.

hahaha this is why Twitter is awesome sometimes.

I read

ShaneOBrien55
Quote:
I could watch Maria Sharapova work the baseline all day.... Because of her Tennis Skills that is.... Or is it?
my next Twitter update.

JoshuaCooper
Quote:
Preds won't re sign Shane O'Brien
LMAO hahaha

Last edited by highfive; 06-30-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #1578
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
Souray on waivers.. wonder if one of the clown teams will buy him out and re-sign him?
Old 06-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #1579
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Souray on waivers.. wonder if one of the clown teams will buy him out and re-sign him?
How else are Florida, Winnipeg, Phoenix & Colorado going to make the cap floor
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #1580
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
foppa will have his number retire on opening night

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|COL|home
Old 06-30-2011, 09:58 AM   #1581
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,811 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
How else are Florida, Winnipeg, Phoenix & Colorado going to make the cap floor
If it wasn't for the buyout, he might actually be worth a shot at a cheap deal.. sort of like how the other Oilers reject Torres worked out for the Canucks last season

Man what a fucking shitty hockey team they have there.. like in every way imaginable, especially the city itself. Fucking gong show
Old 06-30-2011, 10:09 AM   #1582
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form>Function View Post
The HOF is starting to get a bottleneck of players as the ones from the 90's ish generation start to gain eligibility. I mean there's Sakic, Curtis Joseph and Shanahan just to name a few guys who are able to go in next year.

IMO, the three guys I mentioned get in, leaving only 1 more spot...Bure isn't getting in with that competition.

Edit: Found the list for next year:

* Jeremy Roenick
* Mats Sundin
* Joe Sakic
* Curtis Joseph
* Brendan Shanahan
* Olaf Kolzig
* Teppo Numminen
* Markus Naslund
* Gary Roberts
* Claude Lemieux
* Bobby Holik
sakic, shanahan, sundin

the 4th i'd personally choose either cujo or kolzig. iirc both cujo and kolzig never won a cup. kolzig has at least 1 vezina. cujo out performs many goalies even though he's always been on the 'shitty' team at the time. he does have a few gold medals which kolzig doesn't. i guess in the end i'd probably go with cujo.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #1583
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
sakic, shanahan, sundin

the 4th i'd personally choose either cujo or kolzig. iirc both cujo and kolzig never won a cup. kolzig has at least 1 vezina. cujo out performs many goalies even though he's always been on the 'shitty' team at the time. he does have a few gold medals which kolzig doesn't. i guess in the end i'd probably go with cujo.
Cujo has the most wins of any goalie who hasn't won a cup. So it kind of shows that he can win, even with a team that doesn't get it done.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:24 AM   #1584
My homepage has been set to RS

Neither Kolzig or Joseph deserve to be in the HHOF. They were really good goalies with lengthy careers, but the HHOF isn't for "really good" players, it's for great players.

If you look at Joseph's stats, yah he had a lot of wins, but he also played for pretty much 20 years. His save % and GAA are suspect and he never won a cup. I like the guy, but I don't think he should make the HHOF.

What you will see happening now, is a lot of guys will be up for the HHOF from the 80's and early 90's when it was a lot easier to score, so their stats are inflated compared to players of the last 15 years.

I agree with Sakic, Sundin and Shanahan. Nobody else on that list really stands out to me, although Roenick might get in because he was on the the best American players of his generation.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #1585
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I'm sure someone will take a chance on him, short term contract and something around $2.5M. If it wasn't for his huge cap hit, he would probably be playing in the NHL.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:01 AM   #1586
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form>Function View Post
The HOF is starting to get a bottleneck of players as the ones from the 90's ish generation start to gain eligibility. I mean there's Sakic, Curtis Joseph and Shanahan just to name a few guys who are able to go in next year.

IMO, the three guys I mentioned get in, leaving only 1 more spot...Bure isn't getting in with that competition.

Edit: Found the list for next year:

* Jeremy Roenick
* Mats Sundin
* Joe Sakic
* Curtis Joseph
* Brendan Shanahan
* Olaf Kolzig
* Teppo Numminen
* Markus Naslund
* Gary Roberts
* Claude Lemieux
* Bobby Holik

Shanahan, Sundin, Sakic and Roberts? Even though Roberts didnt exactly finish his career on a high
Old 06-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #1587
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
sundin sakic shanahan are a lock

it will come down to bure lindros lemieux

waiting for july 1st...

Old 06-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #1588
I don't get it

Come on now... Sundin is not a first ballot hall of famer. He was never one of the best players in the league, he was just good for a long time. Plus, he never won the cup or any individual awards, or led the league in anything. He should definitely wait a few years.

IMO it should be Oates, Sakic, Shanahan, Bure/Lindros.

Oates has waited too long. I dunno why Nieuwendyk was in this year over Oates, that was a bad decision imo.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #1589
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,273 Times in 1,631 Posts
lulz edmonton, that's some shady dealings haha. at least smyth can't say the oilers didn't do him any favours. it's just a scheme for him to retire as an oiler. i think team 1040 was saying the guy has an oilers style locker in the basement of his home in edmonton.
Spoiler!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #1590
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot1 View Post
Come on now... Sundin is not a first ballot hall of famer. He was never one of the best players in the league, he was just good for a long time. Plus, he never won the cup or any individual awards, or led the league in anything. He should definitely wait a few years.

Oates has waited too long. I dunno why Nieuwendyk was in this year over Oates, that was a bad decision imo.
A few things to consider regarding Sundin:
- first European player to be drafted 1st overall in an NHL draft.
- 25th in career points all time
- tied for most regular season overtime goals (15) as well as tied for fastest regular season overtime goal (6 seconds)
- most games played by a European born/trained forward
- most points by a Swedish player
- first Swedish player to reach 1000 points (1349)
- first Swedish player to reach 500 goals (564)
- longest serving European captain in NHL History (10 seasons)
- excluding rookie/lockout/shortened seasons has earned at least 70 points in every season he played.
- 3 World Championship Golds
- 1 Olympic Gold medal as Captain of Sweden
- leader in goals and points for the Leafs

Lastly, the list being discussed is not a list of all eligible players for consideration but those who will become eligible for next year thus why players like Oates are not being listed.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #1591
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot1 View Post

I agree with the Oates comment. However Nieuwendyk definitely deserves to be in. I'd agree with you on that. Oates, Sakic, Shanny, and Lindros.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #1592
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
FYI: Manny will be at the Salmon Fest. in Steveston tomorrow:
Quote:
Malhotra will appear at the Scotiabank booth inside the Richmond Olympic Oval Zone on Canada Day, sometime in the afternoon, following the Salmon Festival Parade, which runs from 10 a.m. until noon.
Read more: http://www.richmond-news.com/health/...#ixzz1QnJpEYQw
Old 06-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #1593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre_Cdn View Post
FYI: Manny will be at the Salmon Fest. in Steveston tomorrow:

Read more: http://www.richmond-news.com/health/...#ixzz1QnJpEYQw
Technically he won't be in Steveston according to the article, but at the Oval which is near the airport.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:56 PM   #1594
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
Technically he won't be in Steveston according to the article, but at the Oval which is near the airport.
Technically he will be in Steveston, because he'll be at a Scotiabank booth in the Richmond Olympic Oval Zone, and not the actual Oval.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-30-2011, 12:59 PM   #1595
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Why did LA even bother trying to get a player back for Smyth when their intent was to buy him out anyways? They can't just deal the pick for Smyth outright with no caphit to worry about?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #1596
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Why did LA even bother trying to get a player back for Smyth when their intent was to buy him out anyways? They can't just deal the pick for Smyth outright with no caphit to worry about?
Ideally, that would be the best deal. But EDM wanted LA to take some salary back in the trade. Fraser hit is less than $1M, its not that BAD for LA. They still freed up like $5M in cap space.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #1597
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
Ideally, that would be the best deal. But EDM wanted LA to take some salary back in the trade. Fraser hit is less than $1M, its not that BAD for LA. They still freed up like $5M in cap space.
And also Edmonton wanted to shed a contract if they where to take Smyth. Keep in mind there is also a limit on the number of contracts a team can have.

Quote:
TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
Sure sounds like Christian Ehrhoff is close to being a Buffalo Sabre. Will update when it's confirmed.
1 minute ago
Old 06-30-2011, 01:20 PM   #1598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre_Cdn View Post
Technically he will be in Steveston, because he'll be at a Scotiabank booth in the Richmond Olympic Oval Zone, and not the actual Oval.
Touche!

Reading failure on my part.

If Ehrhoff does sign with Buffalo for $5.5/6 a year I suppose we can assume it is all about the money. Not that Buffalo has a horrible team, but Vancouver does offer a better environment in terms of winning in the end.
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #1599
RS.net PIMP

If Ehrhoff does sign in Buffalo, the Sabres have an extremely backlogged D group and wingers.

On D:
Myers
Regher
Ehrhoff
Leopold
Morrisonn
Sekera
Weber
Gragnani

good young D prospects in McNabb, Brennan, Scheistel, Pysyk and Beiga.

Sabres need Centers, maybe might make good trading partners with Canucks again, Hodgson? haha
Old 06-30-2011, 01:26 PM   #1600
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
If Erhhoff goes to Buffalo, who becomes Detroit's target?
Closed Thread