REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 11:46 AM   #2476
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Who knows.. maybe he'll end up like a Ruutu type player LOL..
ASSETS: Plays with loads of energy when on the ice. Can play both wing and center. Is aggressive and feisty, but can also score at lower levels.

FLAWS: Doesn't have ideal NHL size, so his aggressive style may not be as effective against the NHL's biggest and strongest players.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Agitating energy forward.
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #2477
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
reg season doesn't mean shit anymore! wtb playoff performers!

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #2478
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Duco terminated his Twitter account and now Anthony Stewart of the Canes is tweeting how it is the fault of the blog Pass It To Bulis.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #2479
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
duco gonna be 4th line then ?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #2480
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Who cares? Do you really think players on other teams don't trash talk us? It's part of the game. Trash talk any other team but yours. Now that he's a Canuck, he's a Canuck and that's the end of it.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #2481
I HERP TO YOU DERP

we're so hungry for the season that we all get worked up over a 4th liner
This post thanked by:
Old 07-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #2482
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypediss View Post
we're so hungry for the season that we all get worked up over a 4th liner
THE WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START IS KILLIN ME

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #2483
I HERP TO YOU DERP

Blackhawks star Kane has fractured wrist - NHL - Yahoo! Sports

looks like twenny cent is feeling the aftermath of punching that cabby..... that or he fapped so hard that his wrist exploded
Old 07-15-2011, 02:12 PM   #2484
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Wonder when Gillis is gonna start addressing some of the big clubs issues. We all know the Wolves are stacked now
Old 07-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #2485
I subscribe to Revscene

flames sign b morrison to 1 year contract 1.25 MILL
Old 07-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #2486
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
Wonder when Gillis is gonna start addressing some of the big clubs issues. We all know the Wolves are stacked now
with jason krog? Will they win another championship again
Old 07-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #2487
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

you know its a boring day if the last post was almost 24 hours ago!
Old 07-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #2488

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
yup, plus the fact that it's raining like piss isn't helping either
Old 07-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #2489
Big Drama Show

interesting article about Hodgson

The Vancouver Canucks : Have They Lost All Hope in Cody Hodgson? | Bleacher Report

after reading this, you can't help but think that the Nucks management really dun goofed his development. Especially AV
Old 07-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #2490

From jayare's link since that mofo was too lazy to quote it

Quote:
The Vancouver Canucks might have dropped the ball with the development of former 10th overall pick in the 2008 National Hockey League Entry Draft, Cody Hodgson.

The Toronto, Ontario native looked to be a can't miss prospect after having an unbelievable breakout season with his Ontario Hockey League Club the Brampton Battalion in the 2008-09 season.

After a failed yet promising attempt to make the Canucks roster in September of 2008, Hodgson returned to Brampton hoping to improve his skills for a better shot at making the big club the following year. Hodgson did just that in a major way.

The Brampton Battalion captain went on to lead the Canadian Under-20 club to a 2009 World Junior Championship in Ottawa. Hodgson lead the tournament with 16 points and was named to the All-Star team.

Hodgson returned to his OHL team shorty, and took his play to another level. In just 53 games the Canuck prospect earned 92 points including 43 goals. He was named CHL Player of the Year, and quietly being mentioned as a can't-miss prospect. It seemed Vancouver might have got lucky at the draft for once, after numerous first-round busts in years pasts.

The following season, many believed Hodgson would make the jump to the NHL with the season he just posted in the minors, yet he failed to make a positive mark on the coaching staff which left him in the minors again. Hodgson again was denied a chance to play in the NHL and returned to Brampton for his final season.

The season unfortunately fell short for the captain of the Battalion due to a major back injury that was lingering Hodgson for months, followed up by a broken foot just months later. He only played 13 games yet earned 20 points .

Hodgson worked extremely hard during his rehab stage during the year of 2010. His desire for a full recovery was evident and for good measure had former NHL player Gary Roberts mentor him through the long process of rehab. He resumed skating in the summer, yet it was pretty clear the Vancouver Canucks were looking to move on from the once can't-miss prospect.

The Vancouver Canucks locked up arguably the best third line center in the NHL, Manny Malhotra to a three-year deal on July 1 of 2010. The signing brought major depth to the organization in the center position, but it also brought many to believe that the 2008-09 CHL Player of the Year was on his way out of Vancouver.

With no real shot at a top-three center spot in Vancouver during the 2010-11 season, Hodgson saw most of his playing time in the AHL with the Manitoba Moose. Hodgson did make his NHL debut during the month of February where he played just eight games on the fourth line getting around about six minutes a game. A role that clearly to the common eye, isn't a role Hodgson should be playing.

The Vancouver Canucks have again this offseason punctured the chances of Hodsgon making the roster in September by re-signing center Maxim Lapierre to a two-year deal and the injury-prone Marco Sturm to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million. A signing that many believed was a sign that Hodgson is not in the teams agenda for next season.

With almost no room for Hodgson for a top-nine spot on the Canucks roster, it looks like his playing days in the organization could be over to.

Not only have the Canucks failed to develop such a promising prospect once again, but they have distinguished Hodgson's value for trade. As many don't really know where Hodgson is heading in his career in the NHL.

The handling over Hodgson's development have raised many eye brows across the National Hockey League. Not every team has a player that's been named CHL Player of the Year and a can't-miss prospect. For the Vancouver Canucks, having Hodgson became a blessing that hasn't panned out.

Yes, the back injury Hodgson suffered might have been the turning point in his attempt to make the Vancouver Canucks, but their hasn't been a true push from the organization to revamp the young Hodgson's career. A move many believe, might haunt the Canucks in years to come.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #2491
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
The guy can't even dominate in the AHL level. How do you expect him to play in the NHL? The back injury pretty much set him back one full year. There's still time. It took Kesler/Burrows awhile before becoming impact players.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #2492
Big Drama Show

tbh, i never really knew Hodgson was considered a blue chip can't miss prospect back in the day. I wonder if his back never got fucked, would he be a different player today?
Old 07-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #2493
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by HachiSix View Post
The guy can't even dominate in the AHL level. How do you expect him to play in the NHL? The back injury pretty much set him back one full year. There's still time. It took Kesler/Burrows awhile before becoming impact players.
kesler already played 28 NHL games at 19/20, and by the time he hit 21 he scored 30 goals at the AHL level. Not everyone can be like Burrows either. It's safe to say Hodgson's development is behind Kesler's when Kes was that age. We'll say in a few years time, if he's still struggling to crack the roster by the time he's 24-25 I think it's time to call a bust
Old 07-16-2011, 02:32 PM   #2494
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
tbh, i never really knew Hodgson was considered a blue chip can't miss prospect back in the day. I wonder if his back never got fucked, would he be a different player today?
You obviously haven't been following the canucks prospects when he was drafted. The kid was touted as a slower skating version of Stamkos.

He was named to Team Canada's selection camp roster without even playing game in 2010 and he also led the WJC in points (1 point higher than Tavares) in 2009.

Kid was supposed to be a beast, all he had to do was work on his skating.

Even now during some NHL games he looks completely lost, just floating around. Give him a couple years to figure things out and he'll be on the roster.

Edit: He was also supposed to be drafted at least 1 spot earlier but the Islanders decided to go with Josh Bailey. Hodgson was a STEAL at 10th spot.

Last edited by JKam; 07-16-2011 at 02:38 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #2495
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
You obviously haven't been following the canucks prospects when he was drafted. The kid was touted as a slower skating version of Stamkos.

He was named to Team Canada's selection camp roster without even playing game in 2010 and he also led the WJC in points (1 point higher than Tavares) in 2009.

Kid was supposed to be a beast, all he had to do was work on his skating.

Even now during some NHL games he looks completely lost, just floating around. Give him a couple years to figure things out and he'll be on the roster.

Edit: He was also supposed to be drafted at least 1 spot earlier but the Islanders decided to go with Josh Bailey. Hodgson was a STEAL at 10th spot.
How is he touted a slower skating version of Stamkos when they play 2 completely different games? Stamkos is a sniper who is able to score 50 goals while Hodgson is a natural playmaker it seems
Old 07-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #2496
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
He was touted as a slower skating version of Stamkos cause thats what all the scouts touted him as. I find it alil funny how u question it especially when u didnt even know he was a blue-chip prospect.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #2497

Before when Stamkos and Hodgson were drafted, the only thing that seperated Hodgson from Stamkos was the explosive speed Hodgson lacked. Stamkos has it, Hodgson doesn't. Hodgson outplayed Stamkos in the U18 Hlinka tournament so that say's alot. Having him at 10th was a steal, he could've gone higher if he had speed.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:02 PM   #2498
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Quote:
How is he touted a slower skating version of Stamkos when they play 2 completely different games? Stamkos is a sniper who is able to score 50 goals while Hodgson is a natural playmaker it seems
Stamkos was good when he was drafted but no one saw him scoring 50 goals so soon. Stamkos was also given the opportunity to shine in Tampa with top 6 minutes from the minute he was drafted. You can't compare what Stamkos is now to what Hodgson is now, they haven't had the same opportunities.

I think Hodgson was on the cover of The Hockey News magazines before Stamkos was too. That says a lot. If he wasn't thats my mistake but either way... He was on the cover.

BTW, everyone in Vancouver was calling him the next Linden. THAT's how good a prospect he was.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #2499
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
He was touted as a slower skating version of Stamkos cause thats what all the scouts touted him as. I find it alil funny how u question it especially when u didnt even know he was a blue-chip prospect.
I question it because that's like saying Bertuzzi is like a slower skating version of Bure because they can both score lots of goals, yet the play a completely different style of game. People on CDC tend to overrate Nucks prospects like crazy, so I took it for what it was. Hockey'sFuture did have Hodgson at an 8.5B back in 09 tho, which is .5 away from being an elite prospect

Quote:
BTW, everyone in Vancouver was calling him the next Linden. THAT's how good a prospect he was.
tbh, I'm still young so I started watching Nucks hockey back in 02. By the time Linden came back his career was on the decline. From what I heard though he sounded like our Gretzky

Last edited by spideyv2; 07-16-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #2500
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
A - this isn't CDC
B - you spelled Linden wrong
C - Gretzky is a terrible comparison
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread