REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #3726
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 6,675
Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
cambie.

what are the chances hamhuis doing a signing?

i know bieksa and edler has done it at bestbuy or save on foods
Advertisement
shawn79 is offline  
Old 09-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #3727
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: ricemond
Posts: 681
Thanked 717 Times in 160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Yah, cuz when the Leafs won all their cups, there were 6 teams in the league... must be nice to go into every single season knowing you have a nearly 20% chance of winning the championship every single year no matter how bad your team is................................. and the Leafs still won fewer cups than all the other Original 6 teams except the Rangers... so they even sucked in that era comparatively speaking! LOL
leafs aren't even my team
i don't follow teams, i follow players
you can make fun of the leafs for all i care lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by LT Maverick View Post
bro, that has nothing to do with anything... it seems like you're just diverging the argument to chicago vs. vancouver since CRS owned u with stats...

edit: i like how u compare only the last three years and don't mention how before drafting kane and toews, chicago had one of the worse attendance records in the NHL
totally man i got owned so bad
maybe if i gave a fuck i would wikipedia some facts and reply too
too bad i don't
i asked this question because chicago and canucks met in the playoffs plenty of times
canucks winning the most recent by fluke
am i not allowed to ask questions now or something?
__________________
'99 SH Prelude - Sold Nov 2009
'02 E46 M3 - Bought Feb 2011
'18 BLACK TLX A SPEC - Daily Driver

Last edited by Happy; 09-10-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Happy is offline  
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #3728
Big Drama Show
 
spideyv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,715
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
leafs aren't even my team
i don't follow teams, i follow players
you can make fun of the leafs for all i care lol
Why do you post in here if you aren't a Canucks fan? You look like an idiot.
spideyv2 is offline  
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #3729
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!
 
LT Maverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: vancouver
Posts: 22
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Blasphemy! this is madness... This is Vancouver!!
i admit, i lurk revscene for the most part and this subject has been discussed numerous times. Seeing how this is vancouver, hearing "leafs suck" "blackhawk down" should be a given because most ppl like cheering for their home teams bcuz there is that hometown connection. It's not about oh how can canucks fans talk so much shit when they're not that great themselves... you get that in any city that is passionate about their own team... For example, i'm sure even the shitty teams' fans (ie calgary) talk shit about good teams (ie canucks)
LT Maverick is offline  
Old 09-10-2011, 03:03 PM   #3730
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,733
Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
cambie.

what are the chances hamhuis doing a signing?

i know bieksa and edler has done it at bestbuy or save on foods
Hamhuis did a signing recently a few weeks ago...just not in Vancouver though
__________________
Buy/Sell FeedBack: (21-0-1)
jeedee is offline  
Old 09-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #3731
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!
 
tonyzoomzoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 864
Thanked 342 Times in 164 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
well atleast they have 11 stanley cups
i forgot.. how many do canucks have again?
did any of us here witness or were any of us actually born the last time the leafs won the cup ?
tonyzoomzoom is offline  
Old 09-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #3732
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!
 
DanHibiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 6,854
Thanked 4,386 Times in 1,145 Posts
Leafs can only win/make it to the stanley cup when there are no more than 6 teams in the league lol
__________________
GO Canucks GO!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .


xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline  
Old 09-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #3733
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,172
Thanked 3,610 Times in 1,179 Posts
people just cant seem to think of another argument besides how many cups.. jesus
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline  
Old 09-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #3734
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer
 
spoon.ek9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 13,080
Thanked 4,477 Times in 1,329 Posts
^ that's really the only argument they can cling to anymore.
__________________
1998 Honda Civic EK9 - GQ || 1990 Honda Civic Si ED7 - DD || 1990 Honda Civic ED6 - RIP
VCC Buy/Sell rating 60-0-0 || RS Buy/Sell rating 20-0-0 || HT Buy/Sell rating 1-0-0
IG: @spoon.ek9
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now  
Old 09-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #3735
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
The Hype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 1,370
Thanked 119 Times in 57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
people just cant seem to think of another argument besides how many cups.. jesus
It's the only argument that matters, that's why.

Granted, I agree that when the league was only six teams... However, since the modern day expansions that argument is completely valid. I don't shove that I'm a Ducks fan down your throats (well only 4 times a year not counting playoffs), but the fact is Anaheim, and any other franchise that has won a Stanley Cup is better, period. Wins in a season, divisional titles (which are completely overrated), even conference titles don't matter unless your team is the one with it's name etched on it at the end of the season.
__________________

THE ROCK: "What's your favorite donut?"
DETECTIVE #2: "Jelly."
THE ROCK: "Oh, you like jelly. Well, jelly's a good one. The Rock says this; write this down. When you leave here, go down to Dunkin Donuts, get the biggest jelly donut you can find!"
(crowd pops louder)
LAWLER: "Oh, no... this guy's a COP!"
THE ROCK: "Write it down. Hold that jelly donut up, SQUEEZE all the jelly out, squeeze all the-- write it down; you like writing things down-- squeeze all the jelly out, and then-- write this down, you don't want to forget this-- TURN that sumbitch sideways, and stick it STRAIGHT UP your CANDY ASS!"

The Hype is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #3736
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Bouncing Bettys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bootyville
Posts: 4,363
Thanked 2,445 Times in 815 Posts
Ok so the Leafs were winning cups before the league was watered down.
If you guys need to ignore Stanley Cups from an era when the Canucks weren't around then we can go on things like playoff appearances since 1970-71: Canucks = 24, Leafs = 25. Wins: Canucks = 100, Leafs = 102

Point is, we can look at stats and ignore others all day or we can look at hardware. To quote a legend "It doesn't matter if you win by and inch or a mile, winning's winning." The leafs franchise has done it 13 times.
__________________
LEAFS!

Last edited by Bouncing Bettys; 09-10-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Bouncing Bettys is offline  
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #3737
 
dbaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Kansai/Van
Posts: 2,458
Thanked 933 Times in 450 Posts
20-30 of those wins were probably just against the senators. roughly 30% of your wins are against 1 team. an incrredibly strong early 90's to late 90's senators team.

Last edited by dbaz; 09-10-2011 at 06:56 PM.
dbaz is offline  
Old 09-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #3738
Big Drama Show
 
spideyv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,715
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaupunkt69 View Post
Ok so the Leafs were winning cups before the league was watered down.
If you guys need to ignore Stanley Cups from an era when the Canucks weren't around then we can go on things like playoff appearances since 1970-71: Canucks = 24, Leafs = 25. Wins: Canucks = 100, Leafs = 102

Point is, we can look at stats and ignore others all day or we can look at hardware. To quote a legend "It doesn't matter if you win by and inch or a mile, winning's winning." The leafs franchise has done it 13 times.
Your team has been irrelevant for 7 years.

The name of this thread is 'The Official 2011/2012 Canucks Thread'
so why post about other teams that no one in here gives 2 fucks about? go make an NHL thread in the sports section and have fun talking about your shitdick teams there.
spideyv2 is offline  
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #3739
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Bouncing Bettys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bootyville
Posts: 4,363
Thanked 2,445 Times in 815 Posts
jayare604 - Join Date: Oct 2010

You were likely riding a 10-speed Canadian Tire special when I was posting here. I'ts been discussed before newb.

On another note, funny how I wasn't the one discussing the Leafs - they were brought up yet again by Canuck fans.
__________________
LEAFS!
Bouncing Bettys is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2011, 08:07 PM   #3740
Big Drama Show
 
spideyv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,715
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaupunkt69 View Post
jayare604 - Join Date: Oct 2010

You were likely riding a 10-speed Canadian Tire special when I was posting here. I'ts been discussed before newb.
spideyv2 is offline  
Old 09-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #3741
GO FLAMES GO
 
Tegra_Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kamloops
Posts: 4,419
Thanked 2,116 Times in 640 Posts
wow, lots of arguing and im not even involved............

__________________
2013 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Offroad *CURRENT*
2005 Nissan Xterra SE *SOLD*
1991 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-X Widebody *SOLD*
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2011, 08:44 PM   #3742
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 6,675
Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
shawn
shawn79 is offline  
Old 09-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #3743
Big Drama Show
 
spideyv2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,715
Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
shawn
is gay
spideyv2 is offline  
Old 09-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #3744
GO FLAMES GO
 
Tegra_Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kamloops
Posts: 4,419
Thanked 2,116 Times in 640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
shawn
i thought about u after i posted it
__________________
2013 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Offroad *CURRENT*
2005 Nissan Xterra SE *SOLD*
1991 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-X Widebody *SOLD*
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline  
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #3745
.
 
jeedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,733
Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
IMO the only thing that matters is when a team makes the playoffs and can perform. The argument that the Leafs have cups from 100 years ago and are better than the Canucks is irrelevant because Toronto never makes the playoffs

__________________
Buy/Sell FeedBack: (21-0-1)
jeedee is offline  
Old 09-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #3746
GO FLAMES GO
 
Tegra_Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kamloops
Posts: 4,419
Thanked 2,116 Times in 640 Posts
i dont know about u........but id rather have been a champion once in my life than a runner up(at best) for all of it

__________________
2013 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Offroad *CURRENT*
2005 Nissan Xterra SE *SOLD*
1991 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-X Widebody *SOLD*
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline  
Old 09-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #3747
RS controls my life!
 
clowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 735
Thanked 171 Times in 56 Posts
__________________
Feedback 2-0-0
clowe is offline  
Old 09-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #3748
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!
 
van19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: .
Posts: 1,829
Thanked 692 Times in 156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clowe View Post
Where can you get that ? Is it for the Best Buy midnight thing with Burrows ?
van19 is offline  
Old 09-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #3749
RS controls my life!
 
clowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 735
Thanked 171 Times in 56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by van19 View Post
Where can you get that ? Is it for the Best Buy midnight thing with Burrows ?
Yep, a limited supply of these customized covers will be available at the Cambie Best Buy location during the midnight launch.

http://www.ea.com/nhl/blog/nhl-12-la...dnight-madness
__________________
Feedback 2-0-0
clowe is offline  
Old 09-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #3750
60420
 
Vansterdam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Above&Beyond
Posts: 22,934
Thanked 9,333 Times in 2,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn79 View Post
Fans Meet Alex Burrows This Monday at Best Buy midnight NHL12 launch

why cant it be hamhuis bieksa or edler
wanna line up for 4.5 hours again?
Vansterdam is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net