REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 07:17 AM   #5951
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

LOL, last night's game is hilarious on this thread... I clicked page 233 and everyone was like YEA YEA YEA..DANIEL!!!! when they tied it..then 2 minutes later... WTF??? REALLLY?

hahaha..

Hodgson did look good yesterday. I kinda want to see him wearing #18 though.... If he plays like this the entire season..then he'd fit right in playing with Kesler's wing IMO
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2011, 07:26 AM   #5952
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
Thats where he needs to play IMO

And I'd almost rather see a Kes/Higgins/coho line as the 2nd unit

Sturm fuckin suckssss
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2011, 07:43 AM   #5953
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,255 Times in 1,619 Posts
I hate to say it but my confidence in Lu is fading more and more. I feel so much better when Cory is in net.
Spoiler!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2011, 07:48 AM   #5954
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,312 Times in 5,633 Posts
He needs to learn to stay on his feet for longer, he can't lift his leg up to stop shelved pucks :s
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-13-2011, 08:02 AM   #5955
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
I hate to say it but my confidence in Lu is fading more and more. I feel so much better when Cory is in net.
Rumours are that Cory will play 30 games this year. Up from 25 last year.

30 out of 80+ games. Looking at the schedule, there are a lot of back to back games. Trade bait?

I didn't really pay much attention to the pre-season games, but how's the new kid, Eddie Lack?
Old 10-13-2011, 08:02 AM   #5956
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Lack is anything but in the potential department.

He looks good. Tall, takes up a lot of net.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 10-13-2011, 08:06 AM   #5957
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
He looks good. Tall, takes up a lot of net.
Kind of like Luigi? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old 10-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #5958
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Rumours are that Cory will play 30 games this year. Up from 25 last year.

30 out of 80+ games. Looking at the schedule, there are a lot of back to back games. Trade bait?

I didn't really pay much attention to the pre-season games, but how's the new kid, Eddie Lack?
I'd rather keep Cory as Lu insurance. We'll need all hands on deck for the playoffs again. I mean, unless we get a huge return for trading him, I'd much rather him stay here with us.
Spoiler!
Old 10-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #5959
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,038 Times in 2,075 Posts
Schneider will be here all season.

Lu is not looking great, that's for sure. It's October though, when has he looked good in October? Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
Old 10-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #5960
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Tim Connolly injured again, more serious than expected. He's almost as injury prone as Salo!
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 10-13-2011, 10:22 AM   #5961
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb View Post
Schneider will be here all season.

Lu is not looking great, that's for sure. It's October though, when has he looked good in October? Never.
sure, we expect him to suck in october but are there any other goalies out there that suck during october year after year after year after year? lol.

but ya, other than lu, the team needs to regain their focus and new guys need to mesh or gtfo
Spoiler!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #5962
Fanboy

Not Canuck related but Crosby cleared for contact
Old 10-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #5963
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #5964
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
Luongo plays too much pkr, he joined bclc just before the season started
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #5965
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
sure, we expect him to suck in october but are there any other goalies out there that suck during october year after year after year after year? lol.

but ya, other than lu, the team needs to regain their focus and new guys need to mesh or gtfo
Not bashing on Luongo, but the way he played last night is not different than when he played in the playoffs. He handles the puck and plays it to an area where he shouldn't. 9 times out of 10, like a chick, gets on his knees and ends up lying down with his legs in the air.

But he wasn't the only the one that didn't play well. On the GWG, I have no clue what Juice was doing chasing the guy with the puck at the top of the faceoff circle when he is the right D man. Or going for a skate when he and JVR came around the net.

For many years, the Nuck's have been near the top in penalties. Last year they had 348 minor penaties. League top was at 374 minors and minimum was 292 by Boston.
Year before that, the Nucks had 380 minor penalties when league top was at 402 and minimum was 264.
Now, if only they broke them down to how many minor penalties the Nucks had while they were on the PP. I remember them doing that quite a bit last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 10-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #5966
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
I really wonder what our perspective of luongo would be if he played on another team, such as philly?
Maybe we really are 'the goalie graveyard'
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by spideyv2; 10-13-2011 at 01:28 PM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-13-2011, 11:20 AM   #5967
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayare604 View Post
I really wonder what out perspective of luongo would be if he played on another team, such as philly?
Maybe we really are 'the goalie graveyard'
Posted via RS Mobile
although i wasn't around during the reign of king richard brodeur, but if you didn't think it would get better than that. cpt kirk came along. i don't think this is really a 'goalie graveyard'. we really didn't have any spectacular goal tending during the early 2000's. we had mediocre goalies like cloutier, who was good when he wanted to be, but was too inconsistent. guys like hedberg, snow, weekes, auld and skudra (i wanna say ouelette as well). but even 'shitty' teams that won the cup, caught their goalie on a hot streak which helped them win in the playoffs. *cough cough cam ward* yeah, i dont think ward is a great goalie, but he went into the playoffs hot. too bad lu will always be inconsistent, unless it's in december, where he turns on god mode for some reason. but atm i feel more comfortable with schneids in net

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #5968
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Kurtenblog is no more

Quote:
We’re not much for long farewells, so here’s the deal — as of today, the Orland Kurtenblog and KB Radio cease to exist. Done. Finished. Finito.

This wasn’t an easy decision to make. There’s a sense of ownership and pride that comes with building something from scratch, even if it’s a Canucks fan blog.

With that said, Jason and I want to thank everyone who’s been involved with the KB.

Thanks to The Province for bringing us aboard at a time when “blogging from mom’s basement” jokes were still en vogue. Also, for letting us have Dave Pratt’s/Rick Reilly’s old column space.

Thanks to TEAM 1040 for giving two inexperienced idiots a chance on-air. If you heard our first show, you know that was a risky decision. I’m sure we’ll still be making the occasional guest appearance on the station.

Thanks to the Vancouver Canucks for giving us a tonne to write about.

Thanks to Orland Kurtenbach for not suing.

But most importantly, thanks to all the loyal readers and listeners that made the last five years so much fun. The KB wouldn’t have been the KB without you. We have no idea where we’d be without your support, although asking if you’re interested in “our wide range of GIC products” is a good guess.

Oh, and thanks to Patrick Kane, John Madden and Kris Versteeg. Couldn’t have done it without ya.

We were gonna make a farewell montage video but ran out of time, so you’ll have to make your own. Relax, it’s easy — play this while reading your favourite old KB posts.

© Copyright (c) The Province

Read more: Kurtenblog calls it quits: Adios amigos
Old 10-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #5969
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

If you've ever followed McLean throughout his years in Vancouver he wasn't exactly the easiest to watch despite the different times. He was an average goalie at best who managed to turn it up (as did the rest of the team) in '94 and a lot of people chose to hang onto that. As did many players on the team, he declined after that year and we never had the goalie position re-established again until Luongo came and that's a long time. The difference between the 1994 team and the 2010 team was that the '94 team overachieved because there were no expectations.

Cloutier was a very good goalie with severely fragile mental toughness. We have chased away goalies from here before though, I vividly remember the Potvin years...

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Old 10-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #5970
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonka View Post
If you've ever followed McLean throughout his years in Vancouver he wasn't exactly the easiest to watch despite the different times. He was an average goalie at best who managed to turn it up (as did the rest of the team) in '94 and a lot of people chose to hang onto that. As did many players on the team, he declined after that year and we never had the goalie position re-established again until Luongo came and that's a long time. The difference between the 1994 team and the 2010 team was that the '94 team overachieved because there were no expectations.

Cloutier was a very good goalie with severely fragile mental toughness. We have chased away goalies from here before though, I vividly remember the Potvin years...
well really, the biggest difference between the 94 team and last years team is. the 94 team made it to the finals through hard work and most importantly - heart. last years team was supposed to win based off talent and skill.

edit: im sad the kurtenblog is gone, i miss listening to them in the late evenings.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 10-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #5971
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
well really, the biggest difference between the 94 team and last years team is. the 94 team made it to the finals through hard work and most importantly - heart. last years team was supposed to win based off talent and skill.

edit: im sad the kurtenblog is gone, i miss listening to them in the late evenings.
Don't forget - in 1994 we were down 3-1 twice! Unfortunately, we were only able to come back from that deficit once (that year)...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 10-13-2011, 11:58 AM   #5972
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
wonder whats the decision for KB to end?
Old 10-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #5973
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
although i wasn't around during the reign of king richard brodeur, but if you didn't think it would get better than that. cpt kirk came along.
Not sure how many of you on here were really old enough to really watch/follow and understand hockey during McLean's days here, but aside from that 1 magical run in 94, he was a very average at best goaltender, no where near Lu's level IMO. Even during the 94 run, I remember Kirk having meltdowns letting in 5-7 goals, just like Lu had a the last few playoffs. Keep in mind Thomas also had a couple meltdown games last playoffs too, it looked like he couldn't stop a beach ball in 2 or 3 games during the TB series, hell even in round 1, there was talk about pulling him for Rask.

Lu is frustrating to watch sometimes for Canucks fans, he goes on runs where he seems like the best goalie in the world, but then has a couple games where he is all over the place. As Canucks fans I think sometimes some are overly critical of Lu because of how closely they watch him, most goalies go through this. As a huge Sabres fan and also watching the MSG network a lot, both Miller and Lundqvist go through stretches like this, but if you ask most in Vancouver, they will say those 2 are amazing goalies, you just don't see their screw ups as much.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #5974
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
..the 94 team made it to the finals through hard work and most importantly - heart. last years team was supposed to win based off talent and skill.
Expectations.

KB will be missed.

I miss Pratt. The guy was an idiot but it made for good sportsradio.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Old 10-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #5975
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
Exactly, talent and skill. I'm not directing this at you but it seems like a lot of people in Vancouver are just blaming Lu for not winning the cup last season, but the Canucks' offense and powerplay totally disappeared in the finals last year and it's unfair to solely blame Lu. IMO the Canucks' wouldn't have made a run that far without Lu last year.
This post thanked by:
Closed Thread