REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #18076

guy is going to get fired for posting that.
cgy isnt really in a position to comment about bad contracts. over half their team has ntc or nmc
Stajan, Matthew » $3,500,000 $3,500,000 $3,500,000
Bouwmeester, Jay » $6,680,000 $6,680,000 $6,680,000
Sarich, Cory » $3,600,000

hemsky is .8ppg player over his career. if ruutu and grabovski can get over 4mil. hemsky can get over 5. he is a good player when healthy. too bad he hasnt been healthy in about 3 years
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #18077
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
damn, Makaveli's fast

Old 02-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #18078
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Modano's probably thinking of coming out of retirement with that comment, lol

Damn, I forgot Jaybo is making that much. That would make Weber worth 12M/yr cap hit. Lol Flames
Old 02-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #18079
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,309 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Modano's probably thinking of coming out of retirement with that comment, lol

Damn, I forgot Jaybo is making that much. That would make Weber worth 12M/yr cap hit. Lol Flames
At least they weren't using Gomez as the standard.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 02-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #18080
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Canadiens' Subban involved in another scuffle at practice

Another fight during practice for Subban...
Isn't this like his fourth fight during practice? LOL what a guy
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
Old 02-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #18081
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger33 View Post
Canadiens' Subban involved in another scuffle at practice

Another fight during practice for Subban...
Isn't this like his fourth fight during practice? LOL what a guy
LOLZ, black pple in the sports world: Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em

(NOT RACIST!)
Old 02-24-2012, 10:20 PM   #18082
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
they already have a hole now on defense without Jack Johnson. trading Drew Doughty would be franchise suicide.
Jack Johnson is overrated. He doesn't play his position well, they don't use him often in defensive zone starts and his plus-minus (a stat that normally doesn't mean much) is terrible. If you ever watched his performance vs the Sharks last year in the playoffs, you would know that he just isn't strong in his own end. People look at how high he was drafted and his stats while playing in Michigan. What people don't realize is that he also was used as a forward there. Once Sutter was coach, JJ's days were going to be numbered, since he doesn't fit well with a structured defensive system.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #18083
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDTurboLuvr View Post
Jack Johnson is overrated. He doesn't play his position well, they don't use him often in defensive zone starts and his plus-minus (a stat that normally doesn't mean much) is terrible. If you ever watched his performance vs the Sharks last year in the playoffs, you would know that he just isn't strong in his own end. People look at how high he was drafted and his stats while playing in Michigan. What people don't realize is that he also was used as a forward there. Once Sutter was coach, JJ's days were going to be numbered, since he doesn't fit well with a structured defensive system.
no wonder JJ doesnt have as much output as the year or years before when he broke out...and earned himself a fat contract

Carter Richards and Gange reunited!

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
Old 02-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #18084
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
JJ is a fantastic skater, he will always be worth somthing.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:37 PM   #18085
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,264 Times in 1,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDTurboLuvr View Post
i don't disagree. my comment was based on his chemistry with doughty on the PP. if you remember, we allowed something like 10 PPG during that series against them. he is a puck moving defenseman with offensive talents. and hey, who knows what he might be able to accomplish with a new team and more ice time.
Spoiler!
Old 02-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #18086
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Should read some of the corsi analysis on the Kings fan blogs. Basically, Jack Johnson is terrible defensively but he's young.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #18087

Jackets and Rangers making progress towards potential trade involving Nash. Rangers would reportedly provide Columbus with Michael Del Zotto or Ryan McDonagh, along with prospect Tim Erixon and a first round pick. That said, nothing is set in stone yet, and it's very possible that other teams are still in the mix.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #18088

Rangers have acquired Mike Vernace and a 2013 third round pick from the Florida Panthers in exchange for Wojtek Wolski. That's $3,800,000 annual cap hit off the books, creating a bit more space for the Rangers if they do indeed decide to pull the trigger on a Rick Nash deal.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #18089

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Jackets and Rangers making progress towards potential trade involving Nash. Rangers would reportedly provide Columbus with Michael Del Zotto or Ryan McDonagh, along with prospect Tim Erixon and a first round pick. That said, nothing is set in stone yet, and it's very possible that other teams are still in the mix.
[citation needed]?

Also, Ballard put on LTIR, which frees up $4.2m cap. Looks like MG might be buying this trade deadline... Sauce: https://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzi...70258093502464
Old 02-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #18090
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Rangers have acquired Mike Vernace and a 2013 third round pick from the Florida Panthers in exchange for Wojtek Wolski. That's $3,800,000 annual cap hit off the books, creating a bit more space for the Rangers if they do indeed decide to pull the trigger on a Rick Nash deal.
That can't nearly be enuff to get Nash outta CBJ. They got more for carter than that. I'd take scneids by himself over that package
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 02-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #18091

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
[citation needed]?
https://twitter.com/#!/SportsnetSpec...48720287924224

Quote:
Also, Ballard put on LTIR, which frees up $4.2m cap. Looks like MG might be buying this trade deadline... Sauce: https://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzi...70258093502464
I hope they are going after Dustin Brown.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #18092
I'm better than you.

Thanked 3,087 Times in 658 Posts
you'll rarely see me say this, but florida panthers look pretty legit now that they added wolski. i mean they are doing pretty well this season, but if they added a top goalie and couple of defenceman, they are pretty set.

'14 Toyota Yaris [Work Daily]
'89 Toyota Cressida MX83 [Collector's status]
'15 Honda Ruckus [Summer cruiser]
'96 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN185 [Weekend Warrior]

Buy & Sell Ratings!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #18093

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
When the Rangers in 2007 signed Drury to a 5 year deal worth 7.1Mil a season and Gomez to a 7 year deal worth 7.35Mil a season. Then the following year signed Wade Redden to a 6 year 6.5Mil contract, i thought to myself that they just screwed themselves for a very long time. And now that they have a chance to have Nash Gaborik and Richards on that top line, and be #1 in the league is mind boggling
Old 02-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #18094

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
Quote:
https://twitter.com/#!/SportsnetSpec...48720287924224

I hope they are going after Dustin Brown.
Im hoping they get rid of Mason Raymond and Land Dustin Brown. And somehow pry Bryan Allen outta Carolina
Old 02-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #18095

So Ballard is out for season, though he could return during playoffs if need be.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #18096
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Ballard might be in an Edler/Salo situation, sit till the playoffs.

David Booth is a pimp...lol His Twitter.

Quote:
Sorry @Ryan_Kesler & chigs but I just upgraded to the platinum #Amex with missUSA @AlyssCampanella & @DanielleeDoty
Old 02-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #18097

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
^^ Miss USA is a Vancouver fan: She is interviewed on NHL.com http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...id=0&id=160036

Also, Brodeur is a classy mofo. Brodeur on Roberto Luongo:

Quote:
Friday, February 24, 2012
Brodeur: Criticism Luongo has received comes with the territory of trying to be the best

While the Vancouver Canucks were losing in seven games to the Boston Bruins in last year’s Stanley Cup Finals, Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur was an observer from afar.

He saw the criticism his friend Roberto Luongo took after the Canucks lost the last two games of the series and their chance to capture the first Stanley Cup for a Canadian-based team since 1993. (Luongo is not expected to play against the Devils tonight).

I asked Brodeur this morning if he felt bad for Luongo and, in answering, the future Hall of Famer revealed a little about himself and how he handles criticism, as well.

“It’s never easy,” Brodeur said. “When you set the table to get yourself in position to be the guy, if something goes wrong, you’ll get blamed. That’s part of what we do. If you choose to be a backup, everybody is going to think you’re the best all the time. Or you try to be the best. It’s easy to be the best for two, three weeks, but to be the best for years and years, people are looking to take you down. It comes with the territory. Any good athlete will tell you that.

“You feel bad because I go through all of that every day. Regardless, people expect you to shut down everybody all the time. That’s kind of good. You should take that as a compliment and don’t get offended by it too much.”

Luongo took some heat for saying after a 1-0 win in Game 5 in Vancouver that Boston’s Tim Thomas let in a goal on a play that would have been “an easy save for me.” Brodeur said that was probably a learning experience for Luongo, who had never played in a Stanley Cup Final previously.

“Sometimes you react differently,” Brodeur said. “Him, maybe in some of the conversations he had, he might have answered different things about Thomas. They put him on a pedestal and he got caught up in that and that’s experience. You’ve never been to that big stage and people are asking questions and they’re just throwing stuff out there. You have to be confident enough to do your own thing and not worry.

“You can’t worry about other people – what they think, what they do, how they’re going to perform, especially when you’re a goalie.”

Brodeur understands that Luongo is under more scrutiny playing for a team in Canada.

“If he played in Phoenix or maybe even New Jersey, you have the ability to go around it a little bit,” he said. “But over there, it’s tough. People demand your performance day in and day out. And it goes with the glory too. When you win, you take it. But when you lose, it’s the other way, and that’s a tough thing to handle. He signed there for another 10 years, so he has to deal with it. I decided to stay here for a reason.”

Brodeur is still a believer in Luongo, who he’s been teammates with on the Canadian Olympic teams and at the World Cup and knows well because both are from the same neighborhood in Montreal.

“I’m a big fan of his,” Brodeur said. “To me, I judge you by the kind of person you are. I know him. He grew up two streets away from me and I got to know him real well, his family and everything, and I’m happy he bounced back from earlier in the season. That kind of (carried over) from what happened in the playoffs and now it seems like he was able to shake everything off.”

Brodeur, a three-time Stanley Cup winner, two-time Olympic gold medalist and four-time Vezina Trophy winner, knows as well as anyone that with each success the expectations grow.

“I went through the Team Canada thing of being the backup of Patrick (Roy) and being behind Cujo (Curtis Joseph) and I finally got the (opportunity in the 2002 Olympics) and was able to do some good stuff,” Brodeur said. “(Luongo) sat behind me a few times and went to the World Championships and did really well and he got the opportunity and he was able to pull off a win – a big win against the Americans – to get the gold (in the 2010 Olympics) and now the expectations are like, he’s won a gold, now he’s playing for a team that won the President’s Trophy during the regular season and had a couple of hiccups bounced back and got to the Finals and lost in Game 7.

“I’ll take that any day for that one opportunity to win a Stanley Cup. I’ve lost one to Colorado (in 2001) and I lost a Game 7 in double overtime against the Rangers (in the 1994 conference finals) and you know what? There’s a lot of good things you do. You need to learn how to lose sometimes in a way to be able to win. This guy has everything for him. He has a good team. He’s got a good coach, a good system in front of him. It’s just a matter of being patient and not worrying too much.”
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #18098

i have no idea why cbj would take two dmen and a 1st for nash. Chris Kreider or
Christian Thomas would have to be in the deal. i mean with either Michael Del Zotto or Ryan McDonagh their d is set for years. JJ, Wiz, Zotto/McDonagh, Nikitin, Tyutin, Moore

Also Dal are no longer sellers, they feel being 2pts up on a couple teams for 8th is safe. Too bad they have a tougher schedule to close out the season. So I dont know if we can get Ott.

Last edited by dbaz; 02-25-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #18099
rb
Network Admin Team

Thanked 1,532 Times in 534 Posts
Quote:
Also, Brodeur is a classy mofo. Brodeur on Roberto Luongo:
A classy mofo who slept with his wife's sister
Old 02-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #18100

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
A classy mofo who slept with his wife's sister
lol wasn't it his wife's brother's wife? and then they later got married lolz!!!
Closed Thread