REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #19276
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
I dont even think Raymond is that fast anymore. Hes got good top speed but his acceleration sucks.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #19277
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Swap Higgins with Raymond

but then, now with a legit checking line as a 3rd line, Raymond doesnt fit the bill on the 3rd
Old 03-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #19278
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
MayRays fly up the right side into the zone, stop on the half boards, pass in to the middle... play is not too bad of a play if theres a good trailer coming to pick the pass up, but it just doesnt seem to work often enough and is getting predictable. Im surprised no one has mentioned a comparison to Hanks play where he putters over the line, cuts to the center and stops and waits for someone to pass to, even if he could take it to the net. That is predictable as all hell.

I would too like to see the American line again. I think the problem with it tho is booth and higgy are both left wingers. mayray on the 3rd is a good spot as he is reasonably reliable in his own end but he can turn it on to get out of the zone, and hansen can keep up to him on a break out.
the difference with henrik is that he's a world class passer/playmaker whereas raymond is no where near that level. but ya, raymond's play has been predictable for the last couple of seasons. it's time for a change.

we need to solidify a legitimate 2nd line, it hasn't been consistent all year long. we better figure it out before the playoffs or end up having only one scoring line like in the old days.

i really wouldn't be surprised at all if raymond stays in the press box for the majority of the playoffs.
Spoiler!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #19279
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Kassian played well in the St. Louis game. He made good passes in the defensive zone, had five hits, and had some shots on the Blue goalie Elliott.

Good read from the Province: The Legion of Blog.

Kassian nicknames put forth in article: BadKassian, ZK Broiler, lol.

And Boom Goes The Dynamite: St. Louis at Vancouver, March 1st 2012 | The Province
Random Thoughts from the article.

Quote:
So do you think Gragnani will use next season to pile up 45 points so he can sign a $10 million deal with Buffalo the year after that?
lol hahahaha
Old 03-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #19280
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,173 Times in 2,406 Posts

40over40 Hodgson Commercial by JeremyBaker on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 03-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #19281
My homepage has been set to RS

Kassian interview on the Team 1040 for anyone who's interested.

Zack Kassian on TEAM1040 | TEAM Radio | TEAM 1040 AM | TEAM 1410 AM | Home of the Canucks, Whitecaps FC and BC Lions

Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders, excited to have this kid!

Last edited by kristianhay; 03-02-2012 at 11:04 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #19282
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Lines are definitely needing a change. Raymond was awful tonight. He's good enough defensively, but he is really killing the offense on the second line. The second line has 3 players who are way too similar in the style they play and needs a shakeup.

Proposed line for Saturday.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Higgins
Raymond - Pahlsson - Hansen
Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
MayRays fly up the right side into the zone, stop on the half boards, pass in to the middle... play is not too bad of a play if theres a good trailer coming to pick the pass up, but it just doesnt seem to work often enough and is getting predictable. Im surprised no one has mentioned a comparison to Hanks play where he putters over the line, cuts to the center and stops and waits for someone to pass to, even if he could take it to the net. That is predictable as all hell.

I would too like to see the American line again. I think the problem with it tho is booth and higgy are both left wingers. mayray on the 3rd is a good spot as he is reasonably reliable in his own end but he can turn it on to get out of the zone, and hansen can keep up to him on a break out.
Agree with you guys about the change.

RRxtar - Booth is actually RW and spoon.ek9 addressed the Hank/MayRay comparison.
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
Old 03-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #19283
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Weise?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #19284
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
...........more like the Cardassians from Deep Space Nine.

Throwawayblog: Keeping Up With the Cardassians
Old 03-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #19285
RS controls my life!

We should have a MayRayDown for Canuck Place. Lol
straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
Old 03-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #19286
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
I think SID will be back for the playoffs. Watch out Eastern conference
Sadly, I think Crosby's playing career is all but over.

Raymond should be bumped from the second line immediately.

Kassian is playing well. I think he will be an impact player for the Canucks in the post season.

Last edited by JD¹³; 03-02-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #19287

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD¹³ View Post
Sadly, I think Crosby's playing career is all but over.

Raymond should be bumped from the second line immediately.

Kassian is playing well. I think he will be an impact player for the Canucks in the post season.
I hope not. Personally, I want to see the 2014 Canadian Olympic Team and I want to see the top line of Crosby, Stamkos, whoever's good enough by then.

This is an interesting article on the Neely trade. I don't think I saw anyone posted this.

Cam Neely deal spelled Canucks' Cup doom (yes, he can explain)
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #19288
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by highfive View Post
This is an interesting article on the Neely trade. I don't think I saw anyone posted this.

Cam Neely deal spelled Canucks' Cup doom (yes, he can explain)
Cool history but that article's a bunch of bullshit. You could do the six degrees of separation on trades to appease any hypothetical given that kind of timeline
Old 03-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #19289
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Cool history but that article's a bunch of bullshit. You could do the six degrees of separation on trades to appease any hypothetical given that kind of timeline
yes, hypothetically.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a3fc/event.png
Old 03-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #19290
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Crosby retiring would be so bad for business

and everyone wants to see him lead 2014 to another gold
Old 03-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #19291

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
I can see crosby coming back in the playoffs and just walk through everybody take the cup and retire

who was more dominate lindros or crosby?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #19292

Quote:
Yeah but at least it beats the regular Tony Gallagher's depressing articles.

I really don't understand wtf is wrong with the Pittsburg organization.

From unable to protect Crosby with tough guys to letting back out on the ice after the initial hit to misdiagnose his concussion. I hope Crosby gets his rest and come back whenever he's ready and be the same player he was.

Team 1040 Twitter
Quote:
Chris Higgins on Zack Kassian: "Came as advertised.Very physical, makes smart plays with puck.Think he's gonna put up a lot of points for us
Old 03-02-2012, 02:01 PM   #19293
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
who was more dominate lindros or crosby?
Hard to compare... Lindros was a massive power forward with great hands and didn't back down from big hits. Crosby probably has better vision and had a knack for avoiding hits (the hits to his head were kinda cheap, in my opinion)...
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Old 03-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #19294
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,324 Times in 5,641 Posts
Crosby could take over a game more than Lindros, and has the cup and gold to prove it

Eric couldnt will his team to a cup
Old 03-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #19295
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Hard to compare... Lindros was a massive power forward with great hands and didn't back down from big hits. Crosby probably has better vision and had a knack for avoiding hits (the hits to his head were kinda cheap, in my opinion)...
Lindros also didn't back down from big hits cause he was skating with his head down and didn't see Scott Steven's coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #19296
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Don’t judge this book by its cover.

You see Zack Kassian’s hit on Matt Kennedy, you see Zack Kassian’s Buffalo Sabres mug shot with his toothless grin and turbulent, reckless hair, you see Zack Kassian fight Matt Martin and you think you’ve seen Zack Kassian.

You haven’t seen a thing.

The only reason goon should be in your mind is if you’ve seen Seann William Scott’s new movie.

Let me introduce you to Zack Kassian, the newest and most misunderstood member of the Vancouver Canucks.

He goes by Kass as a nickname. Not Kassassin, Zack Attack or Kassianova. Just Kass.

He never goes by Adam, his middle name.

He wanted to be a firefighter if he didn’t make it as a professional hockey player.

He had a golden labrador named Max growing up.

He doesn’t know who let the dogs out.

He gave the puck from his first NHL goal to his mom; it’s in the process of being put in a display with the jersey from the game.

He called his buddies first after being drafted by the Buffalo Sabres. His family was there to witness it.

He wears No. 9 because that’s the number he was given in junior. He went from 9 to 19, then to 54 and now he’s come full circle back to 9.

He cherishes the memories he has from winning the Memorial Cup as a member of the Windsor Spitfires more than he’d like to admit.

He doesn’t actually spit fire.

He lost his front tooth in junior, had it fixed and then ran into a teammate in Rochester and had it knocked out again.

He watches Keeping Up With The Kardashians from time to time, but it’s not a guilty pleasure. He likes it.

He’s the youngest of four children; he’s got two older sisters and an older brother.

He loves his mom. She works at a jewelry store and at a cleaning business.

He thinks of his dad, who passed away when Zack was eight-years-old, often.

He can’t think of one specific thing he wishes he hadn’t done when he was young. He did a lot of crazy things when he was young.

He would be Superman if he could be a superhero. He can fly, he saves people and he’s strong. He’s unbelievable.

He has no clue who framed Roger Rabbit.

He met his idol Todd Bertuzzi this year when the Sabres played the Red Wings. Bertuzzi got in his face on the ice. He was in awe.

He would like to be on Man Tracker. He isn’t sure how he’d fare with just a compass.

He can cook chicken.

He hasn’t the slightest clue where Waldo is.

He signed his first autograph as a Canuck Thursday night.

He doesn’t like a mess. He hates when people are messy.

He took figure skating when he was young and was part of a Mickey Mouse skate off. He was Mickey.

He would like to forget about that.

He is not on Twitter.

He wouldn’t think twice if he had to change his name. He’d go with Jax, after the lead character in the TV show Sons of Anarchy.

He went to Cabo San Lucas on vacation last year. He said it’s the most exotic place he’s ever traveled.

He doesn’t know where in the world Carmen Sandiego is.

He used to be in love with Jessica Simpson, she was his first celebrity crush. He doesn’t have just one celebrity crush these days.

He has a hidden talent. He’s great at checkers.

He chose track star Usain Bolt as an athlete he would trade places with. He fast.

He will crush your hand in a handshake.

He’s 21 and knows whaassuuppp.

See, Zack Kassian is just like you and I.

The upcoming chapters of this book will be based on courage, integrity, honour, humility and passion, which sounds very promising for the Vancouver Canucks.
It's Kass, just Kass - Vancouver Canucks - Features

Traded a guy who's good at chess for a guy who's good at checkers.

Last edited by kristianhay; 03-02-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #19297

Thanked 7,173 Times in 2,406 Posts
Reports that Ron Wilson has been fired.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 03-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #19298
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

ron wilson fired by Burke
Old 03-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #19299
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Never liked Ron Wilson. I wonder who's next for the coaching job? Marc Crawford?
Old 03-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #19300

me think carlyle
Closed Thread