REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #26151

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Now that most of us have calmed down, do you guys think this team is fatigued?

Not making any theories or excuses this time, but they just aren't the same team since the Boston game back in January. They've played A LOT of hockey within 2 years with only 2 months of summer to rest/train.

Maybe its "best" for the team to bow out early to get some rest for next year. But this offseason, MG will have to make some big decisions and might have to trade a core player(s) ala Philadelphia with Richards and Carter.
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #26152
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
I believe Canucks can win 4 straight.

The revenue share 1st round of the playoffs...Bettman would want us to play more games.

With this reason, I believe the NHL is going to rig it and we will play a game 7!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #26153
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post

Not making any theories or excuses this time, but they just aren't the same team since the Boston game back in January. They've played A LOT of hockey within 2 years with only 2 months of summer to rest/train.

Maybe its "best" for the team to bow out early to get some rest for next year. But this offseason, MG will have to make some big decisions and might have to trade a core player(s) ala Philadelphia with Richards and Carter.
There needs to be some explanation, and for some I think this might be it. ESPECIALLY EDLER.

Others, maybe injuries (Kesler, Raymond)

Others, maybe they aren't as good as we think they are (Booth, Higgins)

Sedins... umm not sure what to say about them.

I am speaking of the entire last half of season btw, not just the last 3 games. Because to me, it's been the same all along. Well Edler never looked this bad I guess. But for the rest, this is nothing new.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #26154
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Booth needs to pray more
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #26155
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post

I was thinking the same thing as well. They've played a lot of hockey over the past two years and haven't had a long stretch to recover and rest. You never want to use it as an excuse but clearly the team has been playing a step behind since January.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #26156
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger33 View Post
who are you guys going to cheer for if Canucks are booted first round
I would cheer for Philadelphia in that situation. This team is fun to watch. -loads of offensive power. Giroux is playing in beast mode. The young guys like Simmonds and Couturier stepping up their game now.

The toughest team in the NHL playoffs right now with the balls to fight any team and light the opposition up with their offence.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Broad Street Bullies back in the Cup finals again.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #26157
My homepage has been set to RS

^

Firstly I'll be cheering for the Sens as they're the only other Canadian team. Gotta support our country! If they get knocked out, probably the Rangers/Flyers.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #26158

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
-just a link that I found to try and help people get their minds and hearts away from the pain of watching this playoff series.

Miss USA 2011 Alyssa Campanella is a Canucks fan as per the pictures below. She is dating a Vancouver actor. A hot redhead that cheers for our team.
Alyssa's picture with the Sedins while she wears a Canucks jersey, and other pictures:

Last edited by pastarocket; 04-16-2012 at 10:30 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #26159

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
There needs to be some explanation, and for some I think this might be it. ESPECIALLY EDLER.

Others, maybe injuries (Kesler, Raymond)

Others, maybe they aren't as good as we think they are (Booth, Higgins)

Sedins... umm not sure what to say about them.

I am speaking of the entire last half of season btw, not just the last 3 games. Because to me, it's been the same all along. Well Edler never looked this bad I guess. But for the rest, this is nothing new.
Edler + Bieksa needs some explaining to do.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #26160
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
IMO, it seems the Canucks had their textbook break out handed to them... aside from that, I still didnt see the bread n butter of grinding hte boards and starting a cycle last night.

Overall, the entire team looks like they are scared of the puck. Being careful is one thing, being a bit slow is another, and that showed throughout the entire series.

Dont even get started on Alex Edler, that guy hasn't looked THIS BAD since his career started. I'd rather take the Edler with the broken fingers in last years Final versus the Edler now.

Kevin Bieksa...will be Kevin Bieksa, he will give u a stinker here and there. Wrong time to have one IMO.

MG's moves this year did change the mindset of the team going forward. Idiots calling in saying Booth was a horrible trade can suck it. Sure, the guy is just getting the taste of the playoffs, but who knows how long Samuelsson will be in the AV dog house this year. He's set to become UFA anyways and we got a bright young forward who we all seen drive hard to the net. Although right now, Samuelsson would probably look really good in a Canucks uniform right now.

The CoHo trade has too many grey areas that the public will never have the truth to. The fact that teams were not made aware of CoHo being available at the deadline irritates me a bit. He would look good in our 0% PP. or at least give us a bit more of a fighting chance

Zack Kassian, a few misplays and bad positioning had him see the bench for the rest of the game. The entire organization knows the kid can step it up a notch when needed. NOW IS THE TIIME.

I have said many times in which why the kings woudl be a bad matchup. Richards/Carter/Brown has the BIG GAME gear to turn to when needed. Their defence isn't letting Quick hang to dry. Canucks did manage 41 shots, but all coming from spots in which the Kings played D so positionally well that Quick saw everything. Willie Mitchell has looked amazing in the 3 games.

I want the miracle to happen. Vancouver 2012, 5th team to come back.
With all that said, JUST GO OUT THERE AND PLAY YOUR FUCKING HEARTS OUT. IM SURE THAT EVERYTHING HAS BEEN SAID, ANALYZED, BROKEN DOWN AND RIPPED APART TO SHREDS BY ARMCHAIR GMS, COACHES AND MEDIA.

Go out there and GIVE IT TO THE FUCKING KINGS.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #26161
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Agree or disagree with this statement:

Suspend to the injury? It's wrong. It's "eye for an eye" justice and that never brings about the desired result. Actions are either suspendable or they aren't ... but whether or not the recipient of the action is injured should not enter into it. Because if the extent of the injury is considered, then suspend players who deliver the injurious blow until the player they harm is ready to come back to the game ... and use an independent doctor to make the determination of suitability.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #26162
I STILL don't get it

for what its worth, on the sharks blog, they have been posting league wide fenwick statistics, its like the underlying statistics most of us don't even think about, I'm not going to pretend I understand it at all lol so if anyone wants to check it out feel free to do so, I beleive those stats have been posted at nucks misconduct as well. But the main point I wanted to get through was according to those statistics the kings were a top team in the NHL and matched up extremely well during the regular season against the nucks, if you scroll down a bit they did an analysis of how the top west teams matched up against each other 2012 NHL Playoffs: How the Sharks Performed Against the Western Conference Elite - Fear The Fin
Old 04-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #26163
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Just because I didn't get a chance to post it last night...
FUCK.

I went to school today and I was hearing it from everyone. They weren't rubbing it in or anything, they were just confused how a 1st place team could lose to an 8th place team and why the Canucks aren't winning, etc.. And I was too tired to explain anything today, so I just went along with anything they said.

This shit is so frustrating, but I saw it coming. I just hope we don't get sweeped.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #26164

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
All you guys are lying to yourself, just accept it kings are a better team with good coach pressing all the right buttons. They are way too stacked up front with a hot goaltender. Kopitar Williams Brown Richards Carter Penner... not even sure how they fit all those with doughty and quick on the back.

What this team needs is a new coach and a motivator with a heart and soul guy, obivously players on our team dont give enough spark to each other even when daniel got concussed and hank being hit like that. Who does that to our star players and have no answer for? At this moment im still questioning ryan keslers health... is he inconsistant or was he a just a flukey overrated player? Dont ask me to refer to last years nashville series. weber and sutter were too busy shutting the sedins down allowing kesler to weave through their secondary defence with his speed!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #26165
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
David "Tiger" Williams' thoughts on why the Nucks are hated. Good read.

Quote:
Canucks have to earn respect back from fans

As those 4,000 career penalty minutes attest, Dave (Tiger) Williams knows the subtle nuances of villainy in the way, say, a Lord Voldemort would.
During a flamboyant career of stick-riding, mitts-chucking and ensuing chaos, Tiger was as far removed from the deep-dish-dimpled, cleft-chinned leading man as you could unearth. Let the pretty boys get the girl. He’d get the five, the 10 and, on many occasions, the extra two, as well.
And he undoubtedly revelled in the role.
Sunday lunchtime and Tiger, now 58 but still wonderfully politically incorrect, is tugging on a skate and stripping tape across a set of shin pads ahead of the final of the Scotiabank Pro-Am, in aid of the Gordie and Colleen Howe Fund for Alzheimer’s.
He’s still, in his words, a “big-time” booster of his old team, the Vancouver Canucks.
But the onetime West Coast icon isn’t immune to the well-publicized dislike across Canada for the Canucks since they reached the Stanley Cup final a year ago, becoming this country’s best chance at championship glory since 1993.
Related
Canucks seem to have run out of goals
Cam Cole: Cory Schneider is the Canucks’ only card left to play
Success, envy, arrogance (perceived or otherwise), outside anarchy and failure at the decisive moment, all dropped into a confusing grab-bag of factors.
The reasons for the intense reaction, he reckons, are many.
“Unfortunately, that riot killed off any Canucks fans living east of Field, B.C.,” Williams says with characteristic candour.
“I’ve got guys in Swift Current who always cheer for Canadian teams telling me ‘I can’t . . . just ‘cause of the riot.’
“I think it’s that way across this whole country. And I think it’s gonna take that organization — even though it’s not the organization’s fault or the players’ — four or five years to get past that.
“Time is always a great healer.’
Rather than being embraced by Canada, the Canucks have been largely held at arm’s length. The L.A. Kings even posted what has now become a famous tweet on their official account following a Game 1 victory in their opening-round series: “To everyone in Canada outside of B.C., you’re welcome.”
“When you’re in first place, win the league two years in a row, not everybody’s going to like you,’’ reminds Tiger. “You’re in last place, nobody cares because you’re not bothering anybody.
“There’s always been a dislike for top teams.
“There was a time, I’d run into people and they’d tell me: ‘I hate Gretzky.’ Why? ‘Because he wins everything.’ ‘Well,’ I’d say, ‘no (bleep)ing kidding. And by the way, ‘Isn’t that the point?!’
“But that’s the stupidity out there.’’
Not that he’s letting the Canucks off the hook. Far from it. He points to a pair of incidents during last spring’s seven-game Cup final loss to the Bruins as crucial evidence for the prosecution.
“I can’t remember who it was (Brad Marchand) that completely manhandled (Daniel) Sedin. But the guy just basically punched him five or six times in the head. And everybody else stood around. Nothing was done about it. Not at the time, not later.
“And then going into Boston (for Game 6), to get run out of the building, physically and mentally, like that . . .
“For us Saskatchewan guys and Alberta guys. . . stand up, be counted. If you take your lumps, you take your lumps. But to not be physical enough in situations where you were forced into taking on that challenge is unacceptable.
“Boston played unbelievable. Their goaltending was unbelievable. But they won the Stanley Cup because they had way more heart than (the Canucks) did. That bugs me.
“Think about getting to the sixth or seventh game of a Stanley Cup final, to have that once-in-a-lifetime chance. And you’re not willing to die to win? To me, that’s sad. They lost the average Canadian’s respect.
“It’s up to that organization and those players to gain all that back from us. That’s my read on it.’’
As the current edition of the Vancouver Canucks, widely unloved and now suddenly unfancied, is now trailing 3-0 in the series, Tiger sees in the pervading gloom a chance to begin the redemptive process.
“People look at me as if I’m a two-headed cow, but to me it’s a bit of karma, for what happened after the seventh game in Vancouver last year. The Hockey Gods making them pay. If they don’t know that the Jedi with the sword is not in their favour, well, they’re going to have to cut the head off the monster and take that sword back.
“If they could somehow win this now, come back and beat L.A. after losing two games at home — and, gawd, I hope they do — it’d go a long way in mending a lot of those issues.
“It’s so hard to get respect. But it doesn’t take much to lose it.
“And once you’ve lost it, as hard as it was getting it in the first place, it’s twice as hard getting it back.”
Vancouver Canucks have to earn respect back from fans in NHL playoffs | Sports | National Post
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #26166
xxx

The team totally played better in front of Schneider. So much better they didn't even score a goal

On a serious note, stick with schneider and if we keep playing like this, I honestly think we have a chance of making a comeback. It's not like we're getting outclassed or anything.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #26167
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Earl View Post
Dont ask me to refer to last years nashville series. weber and sutter were too busy shutting the sedins down allowing kesler to weave through their secondary defence with his speed!
in kesler's defence i think they did move weber/suter to kesler's line mid-series. i miss having samuelsson/ehrhoff on the point for our pp. edler/salo just looks lost out there.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #26168

A lot of the moves MG made to correct the issues of last year is blowing up in his face. Could use Samuelsson's goals right about now and Torres, boy do I miss his play. I'm still a wait and see on Kassian but wished the trade occurred after the season ended. They are starved for goals and I can't believe the amount of no-shows right now. I like Booth and his play but a lot of what he does on the ice reminds me of Raymond.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Old 04-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #26169
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stRider View Post
Record for a team leading 3-0 in a playoff series in the NHL, NBA, and MLB: 293-4
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #26170
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Canucks are done, they don't have the heart to come back. They've got the talent but they're not using it, at all.

Go Sens.

My angus is peppered for all the fails from the delusional.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #26171
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
We can come on here and complain, argue an debate all day long about the Canucks. But in the end what we say isnt gonna make a difference and for me i find it mentally exhausting. So im just gonna sit back, relax and cheer the Canucks on to Victory cause in the end thats all i can really do. Oh to change it up ive given up alcohol in hopes thatll change the Canucks fortunes
This post thanked by:
Old 04-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #26172
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,257 Times in 1,621 Posts
speaking of samuelsson, he assisted on the Panther's PPG last night which was like 28 seconds into the 1st period.
Spoiler!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #26173
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
speaking of samuelsson, he assisted on the Panther's PPG last night which was like 28 seconds into the 1st period.
hes got 3pts in that series
whatever...

People dont understand the seeding sometimes
its like..oh PHX will kill chicago because they are the 3rd seed. NO. it doesn work like that

Canucks are no1 in the league and hte Kings are 8th, but who says the 8th place team can't play like a winner

this is sports, stats are a measure of "success' the ON ICE EFFORT IS SUCCESS
Old 04-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #26174
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS View Post
We can come on here and complain, argue an debate all day long about the Canucks. But in the end what we say isnt gonna make a difference and for me i find it mentally exhausting. So im just gonna sit back, relax and cheer the Canucks on to Victory cause in the end thats all i can really do. Oh to change it up ive given up alcohol in hopes thatll change the Canucks fortunes
Yeah, I'm with you, especially given the fact that the next game isn't until Wednesday, and even if the Canucks manage to extend the series, there's another three day break before game 5. Way too much time to be worrying about stuff that ultimately there's nothing we can do about trying to play armchair GM or coach.

I've accepted the fact that this playoff run was not meant to be. I also know a miracle can still happen, but I'm not putting any money on this happening.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #26175
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,257 Times in 1,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
hes got 3pts in that series
whatever...

People dont understand the seeding sometimes
its like..oh PHX will kill chicago because they are the 3rd seed. NO. it doesn work like that

Canucks are no1 in the league and hte Kings are 8th, but who says the 8th place team can't play like a winner

this is sports, stats are a measure of "success' the ON ICE EFFORT IS SUCCESS
once the playoffs come around, all bets are off. people don't understand that either. just like how some people predicted a sweep by the canucks based on absolutely nothing.
Spoiler!
Closed Thread