REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #28101
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
hate that comparison

how can you compare price (a young goalie that had 2 good seasons) with luongo (a 30 some yr old perennial top goaltender)??
give me another comparison then...

im not comparing the actual goalies but essentially the situation is the same.

Price was number 1, then Halak stepped in for the play offs and got shipped out and the team showed its faith in price.

Luongo was number 1, then Schneider stepped in for playoffs... rest is to be determinded
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #28102
My homepage has been set to RS

Even though the odds were against us, I still had faith the Canucks and for a good part of the game I thought they could really do it. Stupid, selfish play by Hamhuis cost us the game - but ce la vie.

Under performers this series:
-Bieksa (absolutely terrible - sick of the drop pass, predictable shot into the shins of the opposing player resulting in odd man rushes, etc)
-Edler was brutal
-Kesler
-Raymond
-Higgins
-Burrows

Who played well/showed some heart:
-Sedins
-Booth (at least he was trying)
-Hansen is a workhorse
-Tanev
-Ballard
-Luongo
-Schneider

Whoever I didn't list I felt didn't over/under achieve.

To those who are saying AV won't be moved, he's a good coach, etc - while all that is true, something has to change. That's how it works in the NHL. He has been here for six years and while we've had success to some degree, we still don't have a Stanley Cup. Sure he has won us division titles, President's trophies, etc but in the end, none of that really matters. I feel that he's been severely out coached in numerous playoff series' (Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston) and his number might just be up. Nothing against him as I think he's a pretty good coach, but something just needs to change.

As for the goaltending situation, it's obvious that one of the two are going to be moved. Which it is I can't really speculate on, because we don't know what's going on in Lui's head, if he'll ask for a trade, what Schneider will be asking, etc - so only time will tell. I do expect we will be receiving some combination of a high pick/prospect/roster player regardless of who goes.

Anyone who suggests trading Edler is fucking retarded. Sure he slumped, but so did the majority of the team. Same thing about Kesler, he had an underwhelming season and an even worse playoff series, but I just can't see them trading him.

Let MayRay walk. Ballard is kind of a toss up for me as I thought he was one of our better defenseman in the series.

I'm sure I'll think of some other shit sooner or later, but thanks for the season Canucks. Lots of ups and downs, but onto the next. I always say if they lose here or there I'll never watch again, but who am I kidding? Looking forward to what happens next.

For the time being, go Sens haha! Gotta support our Canadian teams.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #28103
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
I dunno whether the team was gassed, just didn't give a fuck, underestimated the Kings, and/or all three?
By the time the team woke up, they were down 3 games to 0. Not much room for error there.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #28104
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
^
there was some talk on the post game show on team1040, there's also another rumor floating around that he was getting hip treatment after every game so who knows what the truth is and why he didn't net a goal for 17 games.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #28105
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,010 Times in 1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Dean View Post
There's rumors that he's unhappy in Vancouver. We'll see what happens during the summer.
If there were such rumors we would have heard of it already.. This is RS after all LOL
Old 04-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #28106
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:
^
there was some talk on the post game show on team1040, there's also another rumor floating around that he was getting hip treatment after every game so who knows what the truth is and why he didn't net a goal for 17 games.
he also limps out of the arena lol
Old 04-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #28107
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Please close the 2011-2012 thread. We should also not talk about Gm5 anymore. It's over.

NHL playoffs can be discussed in the other NHL thread?
Old 04-22-2012, 10:52 PM   #28108
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
I love reading the comments
its like a dumbed down version of 1040 callers at times
LOL
Old 04-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #28109
Big Drama Show

It's pretty clear OP was just waiting on his chance to be the creator of the 2012/2013 thread lol
Old 04-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #28110
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,452 Times in 5,114 Posts
Every year in the playoffs its excuses and injuries with KESLER... this year I expect no exception... yah I know it's not his fault if he gets hurt, but fuck how many people have won Stanley Cups (great CAPTAINS like Steve Yzerman come to mind) and had it revealed afterward they had a broken _____ or a torn _____?

Even before he was injured, how many games this season did you see him skate into the zone and try a toe-drag on the defenceman and lose the puck? Every damn game. I found it so ironic he was doing radio ads about using team-mates because it seems like he forgot that somewhere along the line.

There's a lot of passengers on this team... a LOT....................
Old 04-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #28111
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Gh0stRider u mad?

you were saying...???

u mad?

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

This post thanked by:
Old 04-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #28112
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Even before his hip problems, Kesler was never lighting the world on fire in the playoffs. He had one good (well amazing) series against Nashville, but that's it. I like him as a 3rd line shutdown guy who is responsible at both ends of the ice, but that's about it.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #28113
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
There's rumors that he's unhappy in Vancouver. We'll see what happens during the summer.
not the GUZZLER!!??

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:40 PM   #28114
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
I was at the game and Edler was horrible tonight. He looked completely lost out there. There were moments where he just stood there and didn't know where to go or who to pass to.

Still many things to do. I hear a lot of ppl say get rid of AV.

But honestly....who's unemployed right now and can be a better coach than AV?

AV accomplishments

2 Presidents Trophy.
Jack Adams
Divisional Title for how many years?
The most wins in Canucks history.
Stanley Cup finalist
AND if you look really closely in what had got to work with over the years?

And you put in who? MacT? some guy that went to the Stanley cup finals with the Oilers.

The only guy out there right now who has an equally impressive resume would be Crawford. At least he got a cup from Sakic.

IF AV is fired, he won't be unemployed for long.

I think the team just needs a good off season to rest physically and mentally and prepare for next season. The core is there, just need some additional pieces and this team will be the team to beat again next year.

Changes in positions (in my opinion)

Sedins - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - ______
Higgins - ______ - Hansen
______ - Maholtra - Lapierrre

Edler - ______
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Ballard - Salo (I honestly think Salo cannot play a top 4 role anymore. I don't think we should ride him as a top 4 dman. It will hurt him sooner or later. Prefer him in a bottom pair / PP role)

Luongo
Schneids (He will stay unless we get awesome offers for him).
Old 04-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #28115
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
What makes you want to put Booth and Kesler back together? That was a complete failure
Old 04-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #28116
Big Drama Show

am I the only one that sees potential in Dale Weise? The guy works pretty hard and seems like one of those people that really appreciates the opportunity he's getting at the top level
Old 04-22-2012, 11:49 PM   #28117
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
i dont think people want to get rid of him because he isnt producing, but it seems that his coaching style is very predictable now and other teams coaches are learning to quickly on how to counter his coaching style. even if you have a good coach, there may always be a time for change.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #28118

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
Wayne Gretzky ?
Old 04-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #28119
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
if I cared about that, I could've done that with any year...with the mod panel. I take no part in any of the thank, fail or whatever here.

I thought since the old thread degenerated into name calling, it would've been best to just make a new thread and look to the future. If we want changes to the lineup, let's talk armchair GMing rather than blaming whoever for the loss. We lost.

To be honest, the loss wasn't as much of a letdown as I expected. I had made peace with it when we lost 3 straight and had a week to do so already. The Canucks weren't as good as their standing would suggest and got beat clean. It was an interesting season and as an especially big stat nerd, I love what this season potentially means for next season, even in pure storylines alone. Who stays? Lu or Schnoo? Will we see a change on D? Do the #Canucks add scoring or size? Hell, I'm ready to talk draft.

I don't care if you fail me til you can't fail no mo. Let's get on with it.

And heck, since the season has been over for 14 teams for weeks already, what happens to the 1st overall pick?
Old 04-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #28120

Weise can develop into a pretty good 4th liner. He needs to decide if he wants to be a gritty, physical player or a beater. If the latter, he's going to need to bone up on how to fight because he sucks at it.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Old 04-23-2012, 12:07 AM   #28121
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
Wayne Gretzky ?
Dafuq
Old 04-23-2012, 12:08 AM   #28122
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
no man, canucks fans needs to digest THIS lost until next season or atleast after the draft...
Old 04-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #28123

double post..

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker

Last edited by Bonka; 04-23-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:13 AM   #28124
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
Sounds silly but would lu clear waivers? I guess not as Toronto, Columbus and Tampa are all teams that would take him without giving up assets. (These are his likely trade destinations.) His cap hit is manageable and is still a good goalie. I personally doubt Lu is gna go on waivers.
her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #28125
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
srsly... couldn't at least wait until the NHL season was over...
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Closed Thread