REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 09-15-2018, 09:53 PM   #576
My homepage has been set to RS

Picked up these from Blaine today.
I think they are a little bit too big.
Not sure if I want to exchange for a smaller size given the trouble I need to go through to ship back from the states and pick up the new pair again.
Also not happy that the shoes box came ripped on three sides.

c5ppL8f1.jpg
Advertisement

Unlike some who shall present and loudly proclaim "Have at it master!"
joquio is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-16-2018, 06:49 PM   #577
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,340 Times in 5,649 Posts
Never posted up the initial buy but in January my service boots in nubuck will be 3 years old

Old 09-16-2018, 08:57 PM   #578
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Suggestions on a pair of boots similar to the above but in like an under $200 range? I had a really comfortable and nice looking waterproof one from Geox that lasted many years. I don't really like the style of the newest one from this year.
Old 09-16-2018, 09:28 PM   #579
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Suggestions on a pair of boots similar to the above but in like an under $200 range? I had a really comfortable and nice looking waterproof one from Geox that lasted many years. I don't really like the style of the newest one from this year.

Came across Thursday Boot company when I was looking for boots before but never looked deeper into reviews. Seems to strike a good balance between price, value, style and build quality. I noticed they even started selling on Amazon.ca with free return.
This particular model "President" is closest to the boot posted above but is not available on Amazon.ca.

Unlike some who shall present and loudly proclaim "Have at it master!"
joquio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:42 AM   #580
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
i've got a pair of size 9 wolverine 1000 miles in tan if anyone is interested. worn maybe 20-30 times, i never really wear boots anymore.

my winter shoes are arcteryx waterproof approach shoes. they aren't the most comfortable for long walks but they are definitely waterproof, and they look pretty good imo. if it gets way too wet then i'll put on my llbean waterproof boots.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:11 AM   #581
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
So are plain leather boots super popular in Vancouver these days, or did this thread just coincidentally become the Official Plain Leather Boots thread?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:31 AM   #582
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
So are plain leather boots super popular in Vancouver these days, or did this thread just coincidentally become the Official Plain Leather Boots thread?
But initial discussions started in 2013 lol.

Leather boots are sort of a staple and are probably something you can wear now or even 10 years down the road. Although I don't know how people in HK rock boots...
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:00 AM   #583

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
When have boots ever not been in style?
Old 09-18-2018, 04:07 PM   #584

Maybe it happened gradually and you guys are blind to it.. but just compare the last few pages of this thread, where everyone is posting pictures of their plain boots, to the pages before that, when people were talking about sneakers and other shoes (except for hondaracer and h.specter, it looks like they loved plain leather boots for a long time). It's actually pretty funny/interesting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
When have boots ever not been in style?
Umm for day to day walking around the city? How about never? Or maybe not since the 1800's
Old 09-18-2018, 04:34 PM   #585

Outside of the weight of the boots, these are about as comfortable as they come for daily use. They are no ultra boosts in terms of comfort but they are made to measure with a full leather insole that eventually wears perfectly to your foot. Look great with any pants etc. and practical as they are mostly waterproof with proper care (light mink oil on the seams etc)

They have seen almost daily use during the winter/fall/spring for those 3 years and still look almost new
Old 09-18-2018, 04:57 PM   #586

Hey I'm not being critical, I am just saying it was interesting to see a snapshot of what people are talking about here compared to years back. I was just wondering if boots are seeing a sudden surge of popularity in Vancouver since that is the case. Especially since it's summer now, and people are still talking about boots.

Of course you've always been into them, based on this thread. But most people seem to have switched from sneakers to boots, at least that's what they want to talk about.

For me I want to wear the lightest shoes possible. I can't even wear Vans, they are too heavy. If they fall apart in 2 years that's fine, that's $60-100 every few years for light, comfortable shoes that I can switch styles each time if I want.

That's just me though, to each their own! I was just curious is all
Old 09-18-2018, 05:56 PM   #587

Boots are pretty popular in Vancouver but imo a lot of the stuff places like Aldo, and even the bay carry are just garbage.

I 100% agree with your statement on the weight though. My grandpa used to have a saying, not sure if it was from army time or what but it was “a pound on your feet is 10 on your back”

Definitely true
Old 09-21-2018, 09:38 AM   #588
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
the nice thing about boots is that they last. they don't use foam or any materials that easily compress or degrade, so you can have a pair of boots and wear them every single day if you wanted and they'd still be wearable in 5 years, longer if you wear them less often. also the outers don't tear like with sneakers that only last a year before you start to get holes in them. here in vancouver where it rains and it's a little colder, it's nice to have footwear that can get a little wet and still keep your feet relatively dry unless there is an absolute downpour.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:00 PM   #589
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Boots are pretty popular in Vancouver but imo a lot of the stuff places like Aldo, and even the bay carry are just garbage.
When I spotted the Dayton tag on your boots, I knew they were something that would last. I have uncles who still wear Daytons that they've had for 35 years.

Boots are definitely something that I've been wearing more often now that the rainy season is here. I'm so tired of wet feet from wearing Nikes in the rain, and a nice, comfy pair of boots is the perfect solution to that.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-30-2018, 02:36 PM   #590

Got a pair of Huarache "triple black" runners for like $40. No they won't last me 46 years, but I think they look

I had a pair of basketball Huaraches back in the day, and omfg I forgot how comfortable these are. Comfy but not too heavy
Old 12-02-2018, 07:34 PM   #591
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,187 Times in 360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
When I spotted the Dayton tag on your boots, I knew they were something that would last. I have uncles who still wear Daytons that they've had for 35 years.
Speaking of boots, does anyone have experience with longevity on Blundstones?

Also curious how sizing works for Dayton boots
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:04 AM   #592

For daytons you really need to go in and get sized, i believe i'm like a 9 EEE with them. Im usually a triple E in width but their lengths are traditional measurements i believe
Old 12-04-2018, 08:39 AM   #593

Quote:
For daytons you really need to go in and get sized, i believe i'm like a 9 EEE with them. Im usually a triple E in width but their lengths are traditional measurements i believe
Didn't know there was a showroom until I did a quick search from your info - thanks! I'll have to go check it out when I'm in town.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #594

Anyone here with wide feet?

I tried on a pair of Alden Indy 9.5D which is a half size up from my Bannock size and on their widest last, but the toebox was still too narrow.

May need to visit the SF store to try on their E widths.

Anyone have other suggestions on boots for wide feet?