REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #26
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
lol, you got offended? sorry to hear that 'champ'.
the difference is I wouldn't pay to have it shown off like your fwd car.

and the honda comment was aimed at untastefully moded civic's and that sort not nice nsx, s2000, etc.
fair enough

just saying that there is no need to hate, a car show should consists of all kinds of automobile. Not just ferraris and lambos, in a perfect world..sure. But not everyone can win the lottery.

Pay or not, you still need to have different class of vehicles to comepete.

It seems that there is so much hate towards the car scene which makes our community keeps on getting smaller and smaller.
Advertisement
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:34 AM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilabomb View Post
It seems that there is so much hate towards the car scene which makes our community keeps on getting smaller and smaller.
Its not hate, its snobby pricks, which is very typical cliquey Vancouver. Its not something I've seen to this extent in any other city.

I miss big weekly car meets in Ontario and Quebec. All kinds of cars would show up: exotics, classics, muscle, rednecks and ricers. Everyone would go to the same meeting point every week, and actually talk with each other.

Instead here we get a bunch of snotty asses, who don't even have the balls when they go to a meet/show to leave their small group of friends - which begs the question - why do they even bother?

~SG, I think you should charge for the next RS meet, maybe it'll keep some of these losers who don't appreciate the time/effort at home.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2011, 07:37 AM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilabomb View Post
just saying that there is no need to hate, a car show should consists of all kinds of automobile. Not just ferraris and lambos, in a perfect world..sure. But not everyone can win the lottery.
Those complaining here would be crying in Cali when they wouldn't even be allowed in the fully sponsored car shows. I've been to a couple car shows in SoCal and there's not many cars in Vancouver that would even qualify to compete.

Just ignore them, they are just hating to hate. Hopefully the mods delete all these posts and lets the thread get back to being about the show.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #29
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
I guess if people want to compete for plastic trophies, awarding winners for spending the most cash on their cars, then all the power to them, but im not into that sorta shit when it comes to cars.

now imagin if you made submission free, or gave submissions free admision

just imagin how many nice local cars would enter?

I would MUCH rather see homemade personal honda's / nissan's, where the people only spent maybe less than 10 grand, yet their cars are in the 10's quarter mile,

instead of seeing someone who spent 100 grand, to put TV's in their head rests, with playstation controllers, that shit is so weak for me.

you can either

a) have a car show thats geared towards adults, 18+ with alcohol and gogo dancers ect. make everything real flashy, then hell ya, bring on all the cars with underglow and huge sound systems, because that fits the theme, and it makes the show more about partying than actual cars.

b) have a car show thats geared towards families (dtp), having stereo's, underglow, and people who have paid 100 grand just to have "spoon" written on the side of their car, its completely pointless and does not fit the theme, if your gonna make the show actually about REAL cars, then you gotta have REAL cars in there, no one wants to go to a car show and see lambo doors on a civic. But if it was a party, more lambo doors the better.
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #30
GG

^

so if it was a party, fast and furious style is fine in your book?
Old 07-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #31

^ ya, ofcourse, if your gonna make an F&F theme, then thats what your expecting when you go to a show like that, your not going for the cars, your going for the good time, they are more party props than anything.

if DTP is making a family theme, then there is no good time to be had, thus the focus must be put back onto the cars, and I dont care about tv screens and stickers. There is nothing there for me to support.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #32
GG

^

i see your valid point

however i think family event or not, we can still have all sort of cars. Go fast, all show, exotic, nice paint job, american muscles, euros etc. Afterall everyone has different taste

having booze on the side will definitely be a +1
Old 07-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

Enough of the bullshit. Maybe DTP sucks maybe it doesn't i don't care i wanna check it out.When is the event start? And will there be some sort of premeet?? Thanks.
Illusive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-12-2011, 03:27 PM   #34
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
supposed to rain on saturday
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #35
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
ok guys, let's leave the personal attacks out of this. i don't care if you discuss the pro's and con's of the car shows here compared to elsewhere. but when you start insulting people not only does it ruin the thread, but it destroys your credibility.

so lets keep this a clean discussion from here on, yeah?

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #36
10psi aint enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
$20 bucks is NOTHING.

if you are complaining, its because you never competed before, or you have never won and gave up right after. take it as a tip if you lose, why did you lose, what did your competitor have that you didnt? is it just the $$$ invested, or maybe they just got more showmanship than you? turn that into motivation for next year. most of the time, you become friends with ur competition, and thus you compete as a group, for fun, for recognition, for a plastic trophie.
Wise words.

I applaud you for that sir.
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #37
Chubby chasin' since '89

I cannot believe what I'm hearing from some of the people on here, let alone so called "car enthusiasts". These shows are not geared towards profit but more for the scene than anything. Imagine how much is costs to rent BC Place 2 days in the summer. Do you think they are making a ton from the entrants, vendors, and spectators? Its mainly geared towards boosting car culture. I've been entering car shows since 2004 and I have no problem paying $20, my fucking key chain costs more than that. But if my entry fee helps support car culture then I'm all for it. Lets face it the car scene has slowly been dropping these past few years and I can say as a car enthusiast I was disappointed when they didn't have ANY decent import shows in 2009 and 2010 because it simply is something many people enjoy.

Let not forget you are not just paying you "show off your car" but you are entering a contest and it also pays for your own admittance fee. Sure its nice when you win, it shows that some of your hard work payed off, someone appreciates it. It feels good. Win, lose or draw, I would enter because 1) its fun 2) get to see other cars 3) Meeting cool people in the industry 4) possibility of winning. Anyways, its only $50 to enter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
because venues are never free?

because the cost to run a show is way more than the cost of just parking a car?

bringing in entertainers, models, large anchor brands, paying for venue, insurance, paying employee's.

dont forget, the show may be for 1 day to the public, but its at least a 3 day rental. so that overhead triples. $20 bucks is NOTHING.

if you are complaining, its because you never competed before, or you have never won and gave up right after. take it as a tip if you lose, why did you lose, what did your competitor have that you didnt? is it just the $$$ invested, or maybe they just got more showmanship than you? turn that into motivation for next year. most of the time, you become friends with ur competition, and thus you compete as a group, for fun, for recognition, for a plastic trophie.
Amen Shoei!! I could not have said it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove View Post
now imagin if you made submission free, or gave submissions free admision

just imagin how many nice local cars would enter?

I would MUCH rather see homemade personal honda's / nissan's, where the people only spent maybe less than 10 grand, yet their cars are in the 10's quarter mile
If that was the case you would have a bunch of rat bagged pieces of crap there. This is what car meets and RS meets are for. I don't argue that there are some pretty ricey cars in the show, no doubt. BUT, there are also a lot of NICE performance cars that also push high HP numbers and still looks just as sexy on the outside. Now if you've ever attended these shows you would know as well as I do there are categories for entrants. For example the ones with all the TV's and stereos, underglow and all that shit are obviously competing for Car Audio/Video (or "I.C.E." or whatever the fuck they call it). But there is also a lot of people who spend a ass load on engine and suspension work, who do it themselves or have pros do it because they are picky and don't want it to look like it was done in someones backyard. Not everyone has to agree with each other on whats hot and what not. Hell, even I think a lot of the shit out there is pretty ricey sometimes. But I still respect the time and effort that they have put into their cars whether I like it or not. There's so many styles such as Luxury/Exotic, Euro, Sport Compact, Lowrider, Muscle/Hot Rod, Drift, etc, etc. What I'm trying to get at is that there is all types of categories and no one is gonna like all of them, but you gotta appreciate these people who put the time and effort into their vehicles and put it out there to showcase for the public or your amusement. And if you don't want to be apart of it them don't participate. Its that simple.

Anyways, that all I have to say about that.
For those entering, Good Luck.
For those watching, Enjoy

Last edited by iNS0MNiAC; 07-14-2011 at 12:37 PM.
iNS0MNiAC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #38
Banned (ABWS)

If it rains how will affect the show? This is outdoor is it not?
Old 07-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #39
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
What time is everyone gonna be there?
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #40

rumor has it they are having a hard time finding cars
Old 07-14-2011, 10:00 AM   #41
Banned (ABWS)

edit:
Old 07-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #42
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive1 View Post
What does that stupid pic have to do with your question????
I obviously did that by mistake, which is why I edited it.
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #43
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I'm gonna show up around 12:30
em1.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #44
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
when does registration end? and is it inside or outside?

> 2005 Acura TSX ASPEC <
> 2003 Acura RSX-S <
> 1994 Acura Intergra LS <
> 1994 Honda Civic SI <
> 1991 Acura Integra GS < ( RIP )
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #45
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
for the ppl that registered their vehicle, what time is the setup and where can i find more info

> 2005 Acura TSX ASPEC <
> 2003 Acura RSX-S <
> 1994 Acura Intergra LS <
> 1994 Honda Civic SI <
> 1991 Acura Integra GS < ( RIP )
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #46
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- View Post
for the ppl that registered their vehicle, what time is the setup and where can i find more info
Here you go
Competition | DTP Autoshow
vo_hantu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2011, 11:54 PM   #47
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
should be a good show, haven't been to one of the tuner shows in a while.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:27 AM   #48
Cool beans bro

Thanked 1,054 Times in 231 Posts
It says deadline for advance electrical orders is 5pm Friday but is there an actual deadline for just plain registration?
JordanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:33 AM   #49
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
I will definitely attend to support DTP, it's organizers and the tuner community as a whole.

Unfortunately we couldn't get our club together again this year, however, I can say we had a great experience two years ago.

For those who have brought forward the issue of a fee to show your car at the event, I certainly see the merit in your point. However, don't take issue with the organizers. The cost to operate, organize and insure DTP make it a nearly non-profit event. The organizers have basically taken the time out of their lives to put together an event for the lower mainland tuner scene without any expected benefit.

So when they see people complaining about attending or having to enter their car, I can certainly see why it comes across as a slap in the face to them.

There is often clamouring about a lack of events here. Someone has finally taken the time out to put something together. Support it. Even if you are out few bucks. If you are modding your car, what is $50?

Kev
Old 07-15-2011, 12:51 AM   #50
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

steph ly and dannie riel?
areyez is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: