REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #201
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90_acura_da View Post
i may get my first Fail here, but i really dont see what all the fuss is about her? maybe im missing something here? but after what i saw last night, with all the "fans"? (lol) following her around outside, i just couldnt help myself but laugh.
Way hotter models yesterday!
her look's are average too IMO.....i'm kind of a boob guy & she's lacking.
Advertisement
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:09 PM   #202
My homepage has been set to RS

Steph Ly at DTP Vancouver by ~sweetcivic on deviantART

My RS buy/sell Feedback
sweetcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:18 PM   #203
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^ That right there is the definition of "raccoon eyes"
pingu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #204
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post

as for the cars, not a lot, but it was quality over quantity, most of the cars there were fckin hot and deserved to be in a show...

offcourse you had your drifter beaters and then you had the guys with stock suv's and luxury cars who just slap on chrome rims and think their car is show worthy (refuse to mention which ethnicity, lol)
I understand its a car show, and thats what people do, Show thier cars... Being an owner of one of these "drift beaters" may make me bias.. I agree, Escolades, and Preludes with big rims and chrome cool.. seen in 10xxx times..

When I go to a car show, I like to see everything, from custom wild builds, big power, clean exterior, right down to the things that are purpose built.

I understand that a lot of drift cars, are not always the clean'st, but when you are driving your car to its limits, and constantly breaking parts, its very expensive to keep ontop of things.. There is nothing I love more than to go to a car show, and see something that someone has driven hard, and is clean, but it has the marks of character.

I know the countless hours that have been put into a drift car to keep it operating and looking somewhat together is insane. Its a vast sport, and somethings need to be taken for what they are, a functioning purpose built car.

all that aside,

that "s13 from washington, with the miller genuine draft shift knob"
Is actually my car, It is a lowermainland car, it just had no plates, as it is constantly vi'd so I cant afford to insure it anymore for long term.

Needless to say, it was a good show! I was very suprised that with the hiatus that dtp had, the venue, and the weather, that there was the turnout of cars that we had, and the turnout of spectators..

Hopefully it was enough to make the organizers realize that we are serious, and we do want this to come back, and maybe next year we can get back into bc place..
88Cutty is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2011, 10:07 PM   #205
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Cutty View Post
I understand its a car show, and thats what people do, Show thier cars... Being an owner of one of these "drift beaters" may make me bias.. I agree, Escolades, and Preludes with big rims and chrome cool.. seen in 10xxx times..

When I go to a car show, I like to see everything, from custom wild builds, big power, clean exterior, right down to the things that are purpose built.

I understand that a lot of drift cars, are not always the clean'st, but when you are driving your car to its limits, and constantly breaking parts, its very expensive to keep ontop of things.. There is nothing I love more than to go to a car show, and see something that someone has driven hard, and is clean, but it has the marks of character.

I know the countless hours that have been put into a drift car to keep it operating and looking somewhat together is insane. Its a vast sport, and somethings need to be taken for what they are, a functioning purpose built car.

all that aside,

Is actually my car, It is a lowermainland car, it just had no plates, as it is constantly vi'd so I cant afford to insure it anymore for long term.

Needless to say, it was a good show! I was very suprised that with the hiatus that dtp had, the venue, and the weather, that there was the turnout of cars that we had, and the turnout of spectators..

Hopefully it was enough to make the organizers realize that we are serious, and we do want this to come back, and maybe next year we can get back into bc place..
Couldn't agree more about the drift cars. For some reason I love the damage/carnage like this:

Old 07-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #206

Old 07-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Cutty View Post

all that aside,

couldnt agree more! total respect to you, and if you wanna sell that shift knob, let me know, lol. i love my MGD!
90_acura_da is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:42 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90_acura_da View Post
couldnt agree more! total respect to you, and if you wanna sell that shift knob, let me know, lol. i love my MGD!
Thanks for the respect, I know my car isnt a show winner, but to somebody that is into the S-chassis and the drift scene, its defently something cool to look at.

Next time you are in a bar, lean over the bar, and grab your self a tap handle, they are the exact thread pitch of a nissan..

I have to drill it out put a hardened insert in it and retap it, i grabbed seccond and the leverage i guess pulled the cheap pot-metal threads out.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:44 PM   #209

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Sorry I can easily see how my wording came out wrong, especially the "beater" comment which didnt at all mean the cars are actually beaters, just meant that it's beaten on at the track... It wasnt meant to be bashful i was just trying to point out the distinction between full blown show cars that are there on temp insurance compared to the rest of us at the show. Rest of us meaning modified and driven daily... I belong in that category the same as all the drift cars there.... and though I have a point with the wise crack about stock cars showin up with just "dubz" I would love myself a fckin Range for a daily
Posted via RS Mobile
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:48 PM   #210

Quote:
Sorry I can easily see how my wording came out wrong, especially the "beater" comment which didnt at all mean the cars are actually beaters, just meant that it's beaten on at the track... It wasnt meant to be bashful i was just trying to point out the distinction between full blown show cars that are there on temp insurance compared to the rest of us at the show. Rest of us meaning modified and driven daily... I belong in that category the same as all the drift cars there.... and though I have a point with the wise crack about stock cars showin up with just "dubz" I would love myself a fckin Range for a daily
Posted via RS Mobile
no offence taken man, just pointing out my side of things! a range on dubs would be a killer daily forsure!

I like the cars at car shows, the same way i like the women there, a broad selection to keep you interested!
Old 07-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #211

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcivic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu81 View Post
^ That right there is the definition of "raccoon eyes"

bitches be thinking thats hot
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #212
ef8
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Posted via RS Mobile
ef8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-18-2011, 03:00 AM   #213
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
omg we're avatar buddies
gday ftmfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcivic View Post
ew do not want.
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2011, 07:21 AM   #214
Banned (ABWS)

Seems to me she wishes she was white.
Illusive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #215
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
the volunteers or workers there were busting their fckin ass rollin everyone in setting it all up, these guys were running around in the rain in their orange staff shirts for hours to the point where they didn't have a dry spot on their clothes or bodies...
On behalf of myself and the DTP staff we thank you for acknowledging our efforts, maybe next time the weather gods will work in our favor.....
white ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #216
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
owner for that plate "FD2-R" on here?

car is nice , i see it everyday in the morning when im going to work on Willingdon that you driving in the opposite direction... and see it parked on the way back when im off work..
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #217
THEY HATE US CUZ THEY AIN'T US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
owner for that plate "FD2-R" on here?

car is nice , i see it everyday in the morning when im going to work on Willingdon that you driving in the opposite direction... and see it parked on the way back when im off work..
nope he isnt i don think. 8thcivic and csxforum but he's super busy now and rarely checks forum.
exhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #218
Need to Seek Professional Help

Posted via RS Mobile
G2TegLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:19 PM   #219
I don't get it either

I didn't take this photo, saw it on my facebook feed. It's the one that caught my eye.
Boostaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #220
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts

> 2005 Acura TSX ASPEC <
> 2003 Acura RSX-S <
> 1994 Acura Intergra LS <
> 1994 Honda Civic SI <
> 1991 Acura Integra GS < ( RIP )

Last edited by -EuroRSN-; 07-20-2011 at 12:52 AM.
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2011, 12:44 AM   #221
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,359 Times in 382 Posts
Spoiler!

anyone know what rims those are on the 370's?

edit: nvm, found them

Last edited by ShanghaiKid; 07-20-2011 at 01:36 AM.
ShanghaiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #222
'

Thanked 6,557 Times in 1,111 Posts
^eurorsn - tip: HDR effects look bad on cars.
Posted via RS Mobile
insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2011, 01:13 AM   #223
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 737! View Post
^eurorsn - tip: HDR effects look bad on cars.
Posted via RS Mobile
Uhm ok.. Has nothing to do with HDR

> 2005 Acura TSX ASPEC <
> 2003 Acura RSX-S <
> 1994 Acura Intergra LS <
> 1994 Honda Civic SI <
> 1991 Acura Integra GS < ( RIP )
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #224
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

GG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #225
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Well I was going to post a bunch of stuff, but I'm getting nothing but black boxes and "unknown errors." It won't even let me put up just the URLs. I post regularly on a board that uses vBulletin 3.7.5 with no problems. I have no idea what's going on here.

Last edited by LCheung; 07-20-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: BB code not working
LCheung is offline   Reply With Quote