REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   have anyone had this experience or this ticket (https://www.revscene.net/forums/649268-have-anyone-had-experience-ticket.html)

alexjimjim 07-07-2011 08:55 PM

have anyone had this experience or this ticket

i had a ticket " speed related to condition" doesnt anyone had experience for this ticket would thei police drop this charge or like anything ? i already went to icbc to dispute the ticket and waiting for a court date

i m just want to know ppl's experience for this ticket or this kind of case

taylor192 07-08-2011 07:28 AM

From what I've heard this is not an easy ticket to fight, hell its not even handed out that much.

CRS 07-08-2011 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylor192 (Post 7504553)
From what I've heard this is not an easy ticket to fight, hell its not even handed out that much.

This.

It's at the discretion of the officer to hand out a ticket like this. It will be hard to dispute against unless we know the situation that you're in/the context of your ticket.

zulutango 07-08-2011 08:36 AM

This is what you were charged with doing..
Careless driving prohibited

144 (1) A person must not drive a motor vehicle on a highway

(c) at a speed that is excessive relative to the road, traffic, visibility or weather conditions.

It is often issued to drivers who crashed because they were going too fast for weather conditions, road surface, heavy traffic...that sort of thing. It's essentially a lower version of due care and reasonable consideration. I isued them to people who skidded thru stop signs on snowy/wet roads and hit someone or were driving the limit or more in fog, heavy rain or snow storms. It usually fits a someone who you have to believe must be blind or stupid to ignore an extremely obvious bad condition that should have made you voluntarily slow down. Not saying you were, but that is the usual situation where they are issued.

Supafly 07-08-2011 10:41 AM

I got served with one years back when I hydroplaned on a on-ramp to the 91A....
Couldn't see the extreme washout from the blind corner; thus spinning out and making contact with cement barrier.

Nothing major, but the PC said that its a mandatory issue for an accident in poor conditions.

sebberry 07-08-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7504600)
I isued them to people who skidded thru stop signs on snowy/wet roads and hit someone or were driving the limit or more in fog, heavy rain or snow storms.

I take issue with this since drivers don't have a clear guideline as to what speed would prevent them from receiving a ticket. 2km/hr under? 10km/hr under? Did you take into consideration their following distance? Tires?

s300ae 07-08-2011 10:07 PM

^^ very good point!

So, would an officer get the same ticket for this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3..._8323688_n.jpg
Posted via RS Mobile

TRDood 07-08-2011 10:20 PM

I had this ticket before. The officer issued it after I crash my car in a cold and slippery night. I paid because I was speeding.
Posted via RS Mobile

Soundy 07-09-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebberry (Post 7505374)
I take issue with this

What a surprise... :facepalm:

zulutango 07-09-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebberry (Post 7505374)
I take issue with this since drivers don't have a clear guideline as to what speed would prevent them from receiving a ticket. 2km/hr under? 10km/hr under? Did you take into consideration their following distance? Tires?

If I arrived at the same crash scene and did not crash myself then obviously I was not driving too fast for conditions and the other driver was. In fact, I often told the drivers I ticketed just that.

If they were following too closely then a VT for just that would be appropriate. If they did not have winter tyres or didn't use chains, as the posted signs required, then they could get VTs for those charges. If they had bald tyres then that could what got then the VT. If the tyres were bald then a VT for that may be considered. Hope I covered everry possible eventuality you suggested? Remember in the situation here the driver crashed.

zulutango 07-09-2011 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s300ae (Post 7505427)
^^ very good point!

So, would an officer get the same ticket for this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3..._8323688_n.jpg
Posted via RS Mobile

What was the scenario...all we have is a picture with no context? If he was driving too fast and lost control then he could be subject to a VT, Service Court, a suspension, a clawback of several day's pay, be held responsible for the damages personally. There would be a crash investigation and an internal investigation and if he was found at fault because he has to give a statement about what happened, then they can do some or all above. I know Members who crashed Police vehicles and their punishment included an assortment of those penalties.

sebberry 07-09-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7506336)
If I arrived at the same crash scene and did not crash myself then obviously I was not driving too fast for conditions and the other driver was. In fact, I often told the drivers I ticketed just that.

If they were following too closely then a VT for just that would be appropriate. If they did not have winter tyres or didn't use chains, as the posted signs required, then they could get VTs for those charges. If they had bald tyres then that could what got then the VT. If the tyres were bald then a VT for that may be considered. Hope I covered everry possible eventuality you suggested? Remember in the situation here the driver crashed.

Thanks for clarifying the bolded bit. Your first message sounded like you ticketed people for driving the speed limit in heavy rain even without crashing.

alexjimjim 07-10-2011 03:58 AM

my situation was" I was driving on the high way 100km/h on limit with 110km/h and i was attempting to accelerated by my curling system. As soon as I press the bottom my left front of the car bounce and i slide off the high way and then i walk out with no injured but the car was totaled :'("

ninjatune 07-10-2011 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexjimjim (Post 7506670)
my situation was" I was driving on the high way 100km/h on limit with 110km/h and i was attempting to accelerated by my curling system. As soon as I press the bottom my left front of the car bounce and i slide off the high way and then i walk out with no injured but the car was totaled :'("

This does not make sense. What is your curling system? Then you pressed the bottom of what? What made the left front corner of your car bounce?

em1.ac 07-10-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexjimjim (Post 7506670)

Engrish?:speechless:

Soundy 07-10-2011 09:43 AM

Autocorrect :noob:

zulutango 07-11-2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebberry (Post 7506357)
Thanks for clarifying the bolded bit. Your first message sounded like you ticketed people for driving the speed limit in heavy rain even without crashing.

I did however issue a few where crashes didn't happen. Ticketed a woman in a SUV who was doing 110 in a 110 zone with a foot of snow on the road that had not been plowed and it was still heavily snowing. I was just clearing a scene where 15 cars ended up going into the ditch over about a 5km stretch. It took her about 15 kms to stop because she didn't see me behind here with lights and siren, because of the blowing snow. She told the JP that she was not driving too fast for conditions because she was in a 4 wheel drive, and besides, she had cruise control on. The JP was not amused and jacked the fine a huge number of $$$.

Had another doing 80 in an 80 on Hwy 18 where the fog was so thick that I couldn't see him until he came right past my driver's door. Visibility was about 2 car lengths at tops. . If there had been anyone in front of him turning into the intersection by the golf course, he would have hit it without even having time to react, let alone stop. He told me that it was not unsafe as he drove this road every day and knew exactly where he was. The JP asked him if he had x-ray vision that saw thru fog, then found him guilty.

sebberry 07-11-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7507746)
I did however issue a few where crashes didn't happen. Ticketed a woman in a SUV who was doing 110 in a 110 zone with a foot of snow on the road that had not been plowed and it was still heavily snowing. I was just clearing a scene where 15 cars ended up going into the ditch over about a 5km stretch. It took her about 15 kms to stop because she didn't see me behind here with lights and siren, because of the blowing snow. She told the JP that she was not driving too fast for conditions because she was in a 4 wheel drive, and besides, she had cruise control on. The JP was not amused and jacked the fine a huge number of $$$.

Had another doing 80 in an 80 on Hwy 18 where the fog was so thick that I couldn't see him until he came right past my driver's door. Visibility was about 2 car lengths at tops. . If there had been anyone in front of him turning into the intersection by the golf course, he would have hit it without even having time to react, let alone stop. He told me that it was not unsafe as he drove this road every day and knew exactly where he was. The JP asked him if he had x-ray vision that saw thru fog, then found him guilty.

I would have loved to have seen the look on the JP's face if he responded "Not x-ray vision, but my S550 did come with the the IR camera and display that sees through the fog". :p

The rest I agree with. I've also had cars tailgating me quite badly on the Malahat in thick fog. Not sure if they want to go faster or they're simply latching on so they can see where they're going.

alexjimjim 07-11-2011 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatune (Post 7506686)
This does not make sense. What is your curling system? Then you pressed the bottom of what? What made the left front corner of your car bounce?

I meant cruise control and i pressed the accelerate button of the cruise control.
as soon as i pressed it, my front left of my car slide off road. I dont know what made my left front bounce. i was confused too............

gars 07-11-2011 09:46 AM

You're leaving out many details. Where was the accident at? Was it a curve, was it an exit? Was it raining/snowing/hailing/tornado'ing?

zulutango 07-11-2011 04:20 PM

Cruise control + slippery road = crash just waiting to happen...and it did. :(

alexjimjim 07-11-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gars (Post 7507831)
You're leaving out many details. Where was the accident at? Was it a curve, was it an exit? Was it raining/snowing/hailing/tornado'ing?

it is about 15 degree up hill straight road.

alexjimjim 07-11-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulutango (Post 7508200)
Cruise control + slippery road = crash just waiting to happen...and it did. :(

i didnt know about it......... coz i bought the new tie and it is sooo good compare to the last set soo i was sooo reliant to that .........

bigzz786786 07-11-2011 05:19 PM

is there even highways in bc that have a 110km/h speed limit? i thought the max was 100?

LSF22 07-11-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigzz786786 (Post 7508247)
is there even highways in bc that have a 110km/h speed limit? i thought the max was 100?

Coquihalla Highway