REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #26
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
heres the long story of how it all happened, i spoilered all the non important parts that led to this incident, u can read the whole story from when i picked up the car, but its pretty long

Spoiler!

So yesterday, before i headed to the dealership, i took pics of all the damages and marked it with masking tape. When i arrived, i asked to speak with the service manager, although i was very pissed off, i kept my self very calm and polite the whole time. I showed the damages to the service manager and it took him all of 20sec to inspect the damages and said "u have to understand our machines dont touch any part of the wheels where the damages r". I asked about the marks where the weights were, its obvious someone damaged the wheels from prying the old weights off. I stood there looking at him, he stood there looking at the damages with nothing to say. After staring for awhile, he said he'll get someone from customer relations to talk to me. The customer relations guy came to me and we talked about the damages, hes way more professional in dealing with me than the service manager (he basically took a look at the damages, said it wasnt their fault and walked off). We go back and forth reasoning and he insisted on getting the detailing department to fix the damages.

We go back and forth reasoning on how it happened, and he kept insisting on getting the detailing department to fix the wheels, i finally gave in and said fine, give it a try, but it will not look the same and i wouldnt accept it. I waited for quite some time before he came back to me and said, we r replacing ur wheels and tires with the exact same one since we have another identical car on the lot. I ended up leaving my car over night because they couldn't find that car with the specific wheel/tire combo. Again, they gave me a brand new 2011 328i xdrive with 11km on it as courtesy for the night and i picked up my car this morning with brand new rims on it.

And for all of u who r wondering which dealership it is, it's Brian Jessel.
All in all, their front of the house department is GREAT, from the initial sales to after sales, but their service department im not too sure, well specifically their service manager, because he basically walked off on me.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.

Last edited by TOPEC; 07-14-2011 at 10:39 AM.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #27
Hyde's Understudy

Topec: do you have a 335is? those wheels look like it
Old 07-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #28
I subscribe to Revscene

After reading the story, I'm not so sure if I want to take my BMW business to Brian Jessel. It looks like you argued for a long time, and numerous people walked off on you. Out of some miracle, you got replacement for free. If it was someone else, some other time, they probably won't get much at all.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:05 PM   #29
Rs has made me the man i am today!

this is a good reminder that you should check your car carefully after any service before driving off!

FS: UBC Textbooks
endless402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:41 PM   #30
I STILL don't get it

OP, which dealership is this?
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #31
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
it's been mentioned a bunch of times now, it's Brian Jessel.
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
Topec: do you have a 335is? those wheels look like it
yes i do
Quote:
Quote:
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #33

Hi Topec,

This is Tim from Customer Relations. It was very nice to meet you and I'm very happy that it worked out in the end.

Just want to clarify that the "tech" that you were speaking of was actually one of our Wash Staffs who happened to walk by and gave his opinion on a situation that he has no idea about. He thought you were just a walk in client with a wheel damage concern.

The service manager came talk to me after hearing your concerns and we tried our best to come up with a resolution while you were there as we were not aware of this before your arrival.

We can see that you take great care of your new car and we trust that these damages were not there before your service visit. We have reviewed this with our technicians so that it will not happen again.

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused and we will be better in the future.

Regards,
Tim
Dinan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2011, 07:38 AM   #34
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

oh those wash staff always causing problems LOL
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #35
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

^ you can say that again, those guys just dont give a fuck
6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:05 AM   #36
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
oh those wash staff always causing problems LOL
Wax on
Wax off

Hahahahhaha
Posted via RS Mobile
em1.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #37

what I do find is that when i tell the service guys that I dont want a car wash, I find that they still do a car wash! happened the last 3 services! It's not really a bonus guys!

FS: UBC Textbooks
endless402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #38

Thanks Tim for the clarification
Quote:
Quote: