REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #776
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I guess ICBC will give 50% 50%. The back car changed to the left lane when it's solid line. And the front car didn't do the blind spot shoulder check.
Advertisement
yingyu_subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #777
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1creator View Post
I did not expect them to bounce off the bumper like that, that's for sure.

A came across a similar scenario in burnaby. I was driving on grange street and slowed down to let some skater kids across the pedestrian crossing between Sussex and McKay. After they started to cross (some were skating across) and were about half way passed my car I noticed a car, a chevy blazer, in the left lane not slowing down so I started to honk like crazy. The kids stopped just about when they were passed my car and the blazer started to slow down but only came to a stop after the crossing. They all kept thanking me as they crossed and I was glad I didn't witness something like the above video or worse. After that, the guy in the blazer was crawling away at a really slow speed. My guess would be he was in shock over what nearly happened. I would have been showing all this instead of describing it but I had the camera plugged in but forgot my memory card.
Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. Kid with an N in a black truck almost ran over a grandpa and a grandson crossing at a cross walk even though I had stopped and left lots of room for the other drivers to see that there were people crossing.

He flew by me and I honked like mad as and luckily the driver saw them just in time and stopped. I was actually in shock afterwards for a few hours even though it was something that "almost" happened. Thank god it didn't.
snowball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #778
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoop Monkey Monk View Post
No it did not come with a memory card. There are some videos on youtube but I will post some of my own videos when I get a a chance to grab the memory card from my brother's truck.
Any update to those videos?
Old 06-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #779
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. Kid with an N in a black truck almost ran over a grandpa and a grandson crossing at a cross walk even though I had stopped and left lots of room for the other drivers to see that there were people crossing.

He flew by me and I honked like mad as and luckily the driver saw them just in time and stopped. I was actually in shock afterwards for a few hours even though it was something that "almost" happened. Thank god it didn't.
My thoughts exactly. It would have been pretty horrific to witness. I'm still surprised at how some people are barely paying attention while navigating a two tonne battering ram on wheels.
1creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:55 AM   #780
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
Any update to those videos?
I took some videos from the memory card and a 3 minute file was huge at about 450mb. I converted the video to another format to make it smaller and faster to upload but it degraded the quality so I wanted to upload the original files. I tried uploading it to youtube and it would have taken 2-3 hours but my laptop and/or browser kept crashing so I gaved up uploading it. The daytime video is great but not as good as the BlackVue of course. Night video is crap .

I will change the settings to record each file to 1 minute and probably in medium resolution so each file is smaller and will post back here with some videos hopefully.

Last edited by DJ Milk; 06-12-2012 at 02:04 AM.
DJ Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #781
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,075 Times in 1,185 Posts
So it seems like the Blackvue DR400G is the best dash camera for now?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #782

you can say the blackvue Dr400 hd is good for the price. It worth to buy.
Actually I like Finevu cr300 HD image quality, but not the design. It looks like a mini DV. I don't know anyone using this one on Revscene.

Last edited by yingyu_subaru; 06-12-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #783
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Caught this today just out of the Aldergrove city core on my drive home from the Interior. The driver of the Freestar hotly denied she did anything. Funny how she shut right up after I mentioned I had a dashcam (Hero2) that caught everything on video...

Accident - YouTube

ICBC already called me and asked for a copy of the footage. Kinda curious how they'll rule who's at fault for this one...
Fucken good on you!!! What a piece of shit.
Pooface55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #784
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingyu_subaru View Post
I guess ICBC will give 50% 50%. The back car changed to the left lane when it's solid line. And the front car didn't do the blind spot shoulder check.
i don't think its the back car's fault. why? because when the front car changed lane it was an open lane which means that cars are allowed to be in it. the back car had every right to be driving in the lane when the front car rammed into him.
changing over the solid line wasn't the cause of the accident.
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #785

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46_valentinor View Post
i don't think its the back car's fault. why? because when the front car changed lane it was an open lane which means that cars are allowed to be in it. the back car had every right to be driving in the lane when the front car rammed into him.
He was still driving like a dick though even if the car in front was wrong, i would like to see how ICBC rules this
snowball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #786
PRINCESS

do you guys leave your dash cam mounted on when you're away from your car?
just wondering.
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #787
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
I think it would be 50/50 as well. The front van is not expecting another vehicle to be there when it changed lane because of the solid line. So the van that changed lanes in the solid did cause the accident cause its not supposed to be in that lane yet along with the front driver for not shoulder checking.
MTV Cribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #788

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
do you guys leave your dash cam mounted on when you're away from your car?
just wondering.
If it's a public place daytime, i will leave that in the car. If it's a quiet place night time, I will take out everything from the car. Just leave the insurance paper in the glove box. lol
Old 06-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #789
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
I think it'll be 75%+ on the front car. Even if the car wasn't supposed to be there, it doesn't mean you don't need to check the spot.

For example, if you're parked a car length from the corner of an intersection, and there is a guy parked behind you, illegally, right on the corner of the intersection, if you back up and hit him, it's your fault, even though it's illegal for him to have been there in the first place.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #790
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 264 Posts
What about the left hand turning lanes ? Some of them have yellow paint before the lane and people usually just cut through those areas instead of waiting till it opens up. Whos at fault if I hit the guy who cut through the yellow ?
Example of the lanes I was talking about.
Paradise240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #791
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
My guess is it'll be 100% the guy who was changing lanes. IIRC from Young Driver's (lo those years ago), a solid white is pretty much the worst one to cross in terms of legality and liability.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #792
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Where are you guys getting the blackvues from? is it just ebay or somewhere local?
Old 06-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #793
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-ternal-3 View Post
Where are you guys getting the blackvues from? is it just ebay or somewhere local?
+1..wanting to get one asap
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #794
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-ternal-3 View Post
Got it in a group buy started from somebody in this thread (through pm) who ordered it on eBay.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #795
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #796
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
TOPEC, your post went through but was deleted.

To be clear, in a thread as busy as this one there is no way to be certain who is and is not connected to vendors and/or selling things on their own. As such, there is to be no linking to wholesalers or locals other than sponsors or anyone saying "hey guys, I'm organizing a GB, PM me!"

If you are interested in purchasing one and would like good pricing, feel free to contact our sponsors Soundsgood or Overseas Auto; I'm sure if enough people were interested something could be arranged that is beneficial for all.

Please understand I am not trying to be an asshole or a douchecunt, but I must wield the double-edged sword of helping promote the sponsors and stopping people from profiting from RS without contributing to the site in return.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #797
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Ouch, that BMW must been 40++ over the limit! You should turn off the Speedometer heeh
optiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #798
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,011 Times in 1,891 Posts
@TOPEC

At first I thought I was going crazy when I started hearing some sort of beeping in your second video.. then realized it was your radar detector

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #799

Thanked 3,856 Times in 890 Posts