REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:27 AM   #26
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidTurbo View Post
Search is dead, and I could only find one thread in the health and wellness section.

Anyway, forgive me if this is in the wrong section but these are my EYES that I'm dealing with, not requesting to find an oil change shop... , I need to hit up a popular subforum.

Anyway, I've made up my mind that I want to do Lasik. I want to hear any success/horror stories before I take the plunge..

Anyone? Basically I want to go to the most reputable place, money is not a question regarding something like this..

Thanks in advance.
just had prk done at coal harbor eye center, best thing i've done in my life. They have anniversary discount too. $1500 for both eyes. Good place too, not some sketch discount place
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
J____ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:36 PM   #27
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J____ View Post
just had prk done at coal harbor eye center, best thing i've done in my life. They have anniversary discount too. $1500 for both eyes. Good place too, not some sketch discount place
Posted via RS Mobile
How long till things got back to normal for you? Driving, work, etc etc??
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #28
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachinesedude View Post
how bad were your eye sight for the people who got surgery done?

i want it done too, but im only a -2.00, not sure if its worth it, 20/20 vision would be awesome tho

Same! my prescription or whatever is around -2.00 too. Alot of people told me not to because its not that "deep." But I ride now its so annoying taking off your glasses and putting on your helmet and putting your glasses back on again. I've been wanting to get it done too but not sure if its worth it or not.
jaemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #29
Need to Seek Professional Help

everyone is different, after my PRK surgery, the first month my vision was worst. After that my eyes started to progress. Took me a total of 2 months for 20/20
Old 08-27-2011, 03:01 AM   #30
Banned By Establishment

I got PRK done at London Place Eye Center about 3 months ago. I went there because Coal Harbour's had a long wait because of their anniversary promotion. I was able to start driving about 4 days later. But my eyes wasn't that bad to begin with at -2.50. And I had to wear sunglasses at night cause it was super sensitive to light. A month after sugery, my vision is 20/15

Last edited by DJ Milk; 08-27-2011 at 03:17 AM.
DJ Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:09 AM   #31
Banned (ABWS)

just watched final destination and this thread reminds me of this

dignatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:47 AM   #32

took me about 1.5 months after surgery to be right of ghosting and fluctuating vision. I haven't had the post everything check up yet cuz I havent had time but eye sight pretty close to perfect. My left eye is SLIGHTLY blurrier than my right but still see good.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #33

I went to London Eye Centre 5 years ago, eyes are still great, best money i've ever spent. Better than car mods, clothes or any other crap. Cost about $3000. My doctor even met me after hours at the office when one of the bandages came out.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #34
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
so I'm thinking about getting them done, is Coal harbour still the most recommended place? and reading previous posts, how do you guys determine your nearsightedness? my doctor always refer them as hundreds, so my "degree" is around like 1000, how does that correlate with -2.00 or whatever? thanks
Old 06-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #35
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
I had PRK done at Pacific Laser with Dr. Lin. He was an amazing Dr. to deal with and super understanding. Price reflected the above par work and so far i'm still super happy with the results.

Me personally I still have halo'ing at night and my eyes dry up if i'm awake for a super long time or working in a pool.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #36
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,785 Times in 3,891 Posts
even tho some of these techniques have been around for more than 2 decades I should probably look into the literature on the long term effects. I'm looking into getting it done but only after I know I'm completely done all my schooling.

Anyone suffering regression within 5-10 years?
Do they help reduce the 'floaters'?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #37
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
also, is there a recommended age to have laser eye surgery done?
currently 17, and i'm almost blind with -4.75
Old 06-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #38
PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
even tho some of these techniques have been around for more than 2 decades I should probably look into the literature on the long term effects. I'm looking into getting it done but only after I know I'm completely done all my schooling.

Both of my parents got them done
My dad' s is fine (he got it done at coal Harbour 11 years ago) but my mom's sight went back down a little bit on one side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinn3r View Post
also, is there a recommended age to have laser eye surgery done?
currently 17, and i'm almost blind with -4.75
Haven't got it done personally but recommended age doc told me was 25 so I'm waiting few more years.
Lot of ppl get it done in early 20's though
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #39
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMeow View Post
Both of my parents got them done
My dad' s is fine (he got it done at coal Harbour 11 years ago) but my mom's sight went back down a little bit on one side.
My aunt had regression as well....almost back to where she was originally which is pretty damn blind. My friend's sister had a little bit of a regression, but nothing to bad. Both had the surgery over 10 years ago.

From what I understand, nothing can be done about the floaters. Your eyes will adapt over time and you won't notice them as much.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #40

I was 19/20 when I had it done. All they want is for your vision to have stabilized and my vision hadn't deteriorated for a few years so they said go for it.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #41
This title intentionally left blank MOD

Your eyesight can change dramatically until you're roughly 25, thus the recommendation that you wait until that age to perform any major eye surgeries.

I had an ex who had hers done when she was 22 and she was back to wearing glasses after 4 years. She doesn't mind though, as her eyesight still isn't anywhere near as poor as it was prior to LASIK.

That being said, my one brother had his done when he was 22, and his hasn't changed at all. He's got haloing at night though.

Oldest brother and my ex both done at Coal Harbor, other brother done at London

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.
Alatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #42
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guddagudd View Post
so I'm thinking about getting them done, is Coal harbour still the most recommended place? and reading previous posts, how do you guys determine your nearsightedness? my doctor always refer them as hundreds, so my "degree" is around like 1000, how does that correlate with -2.00 or whatever? thanks
You can't go wrong with London Place, Pacific Eye Centre and Coal Harbour.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:57 AM   #43
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Had prk done ~ 6 years ago now at Coal Harbour.

Summary:
-Mentally the recovery was tough since you're eyes will be good one day, but blurry the next as the cell grow over. I was 20/20 after 2 weeks.
-I still suffer from dry eyes in the morning, especially in winter.
-I still have some haloing at night and find night driving a little more tiring.
-I consider my laser eye surgery one of the best investments I've made and would do it again in a heartbeat. To wake up in the morning and be able to see without fumbling for my glasses...very, very nice.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #44
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by minoru_tanaka View Post
^Do you even wear glasses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaemc View Post
Same! my prescription or whatever is around -2.00 too. Alot of people told me not to because its not that "deep." But I ride now its so annoying taking off your glasses and putting on your helmet and putting your glasses back on again. I've been wanting to get it done too but not sure if its worth it or not.
i've got -1.75 on the right and -2.50 on the left and i wear glasses. definitely considering this cause glasses are a pain in my ass.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #45

I had PRK at London Eye Place in New West as well. Top notch work and they also take care of all of the post-op check ups. Can't say enough good about them.

OP, can I ask why you have chosen Lasik instead of a no-touch less invasive procedure?
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #46
My homepage has been set to RS

for those who had lasik or prk done. are you allowed to go into water, ie swimming etc.

and

for those who got prk , why did you chose prk over lasik? high presc. or thin flap.. etc.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #47
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool001 View Post
for those who had lasik or prk done. are you allowed to go into water, ie swimming etc.

and

for those who got prk , why did you chose prk over lasik? high presc. or thin flap.. etc.
I had prk done 5 months ago. You are allowed to swim without goggles 1 month after your surgery date. I chose prk because according to the educators at London eye its a better procedure to have if you participate in physical activities. If you had LASIK done your flap may open up if you get hit on the eye.
Posted via RS Mobile
SilverT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #48
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:

and

Due to my complicated prescription and thin cornea, PRK was the only choice at the time. I would've went with PRK anyway even if I had the Lasik option due to the possible opening of the flap.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #49

Quote:

and

I think I had to wait a little more than a month before I could "go in the water". That being said, I was a lifeguard at the time and had to teach swimming lessons so for the first month I just wore goggles at all times and even after a month I still had my eyes tightly shut whenever my eyes came near the water. Hell, I don't even open my eyes underwater at the pool anymore just because I know how dirty those places are.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #50

Quote:
Because blade cutting your eye
604STIG is offline   Reply With Quote