REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #51
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
DaFonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In your head
Posts: 4,591
Thanked 376 Times in 176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
And that's fine. Personal choice. But spreading stupidity is what irritates me. Things like "they use a BRAND of beef called 100%" and "ground beef is bad for you because it's ground" and "salt is bad for you"... it's all such bullshit needs to stop.
Good luck with that. You could link to real studies and people on revscene will say stupid shit like "OMG, you think you're so smart because you linked to a study, but you're WRONG because my cousin who knows everything says so. So there!"

Just breathe... and accept that there will be a lot of stupid people spouting stupid shit everywhere you go.
Advertisement
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #52
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 42,015
Thanked 17,634 Times in 5,341 Posts
The problem is, for every well-done study that shows correct information, there are 10-20 horribly done studies, manipulated to show what "everyone knows" about nutrition. You can even look at the exact same study, and see how its figures are twisted and manipulated to show what they want. If you leave the figures alone, it's a completely different outcome.

As long as that continues, it will still be "everyone knows" salt is bad for you, "everyone knows" fat makes you fat, "everyone knows" etc. Meanwhile, we get fatter and sicker than ever before, dying from diseases that never existed just decades ago
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #53
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
DaFonz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In your head
Posts: 4,591
Thanked 376 Times in 176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
The problem is, for every well-done study that shows correct information, there are 10-20 horribly done studies, manipulated to show what "everyone knows" about nutrition. You can even look at the exact same study, and see how its figures are twisted and manipulated to show what they want. If you leave the figures alone, it's a completely different outcome.

As long as that continues, it will still be "everyone knows" salt is bad for you, "everyone knows" fat makes you fat, "everyone knows" etc. Meanwhile, we get fatter and sicker than ever before, dying from diseases that never existed just decades ago
And not everyone is willing to spend the time reading about study design and beyond the abstract to see if they ARE good studies let alone come up with their own conclusions from data.

The reason that people fall back on the "everyone knows..." is because they're lazy.

Take intermittent fasting as an example on revscene here. You have basically everyone in this forum except for me and sonick saying "OMG, 6 meal a day or your muscles get catabolized!" while a large body of research has shown that oh wait, that's not true. In fact, more protein in one sitting could actually be better than protein multiple times a day.

Everyone wants shortcuts and this is one way they do it. If you keep arguing with idiots, the only thing that will happen is that you'll repeatedly wondering how people can be so dumb
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #54
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Surrey
Posts: 377
Thanked 38 Times in 28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post
And not everyone is willing to spend the time reading about study design and beyond the abstract to see if they ARE good studies let alone come up with their own conclusions from data.

The reason that people fall back on the "everyone knows..." is because they're lazy.

Take intermittent fasting as an example on revscene here. You have basically everyone in this forum except for me and sonick saying "OMG, 6 meal a day or your muscles get catabolized!" while a large body of research has shown that oh wait, that's not true. In fact, more protein in one sitting could actually be better than protein multiple times a day.

Everyone wants shortcuts and this is one way they do it. If you keep arguing with idiots, the only thing that will happen is that you'll repeatedly wondering how people can be so dumb
I've read that eating 6-7 meals a day increases insulin levels in the long run (Tnation). But i do believe that only so much protein can be utilized at one time.
mkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:07 AM   #55
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,007
Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
holy crap...just eat what you guys enjoy LOL

btw anyone reading this and craving mcdonalds right now?
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:07 AM   #56
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 2,417
Thanked 1,468 Times in 560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkings View Post
I've read that eating 6-7 meals a day increases insulin levels in the long run (Tnation). But i do believe that only so much protein can be utilized at one time.
Thats a bunch of crap, your body just doesn't not process protein after a certain amount in one sitting. I wouldn't worry about meal timing i'd worry more about getting enough calories by the end of the day to make your muscles grow, hitting enough protein and fats while doing it. You want to do that all in one meal, go ahead if you can stuff it down.

btw how do i get thanked and failed by skinnypupp in the same post lol
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:33 AM   #57
My homepage has been set to RS
 
RayBot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,424
Thanked 95 Times in 65 Posts
Omg...this went from a topic about fast food to a fascist discussion optimal nutrition. Im just gonna stick to the Sex/Relationship forum and hang around the masturbation topic...At least there is nobody there telling me theres a wrong way to kill my boner.
Posted via RS Mobile
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-05-2011, 09:26 AM   #58
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Van
Posts: 4,194
Thanked 871 Times in 226 Posts
Hahaha, wow. I stopped reading from page 2.

JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #59
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Gtrr33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 655
Thanked 469 Times in 109 Posts
nandos to expensive anyways
__________________
RB26DETT - Inline-6 Twin-Turbo Charged kazitorii tuned
JUN/NISMO/GReddy built motor cars ltd.

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #60
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
sonick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Revscene
Posts: 7,386
Thanked 4,998 Times in 1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkings View Post
I've read that eating 6-7 meals a day increases insulin levels in the long run (Tnation). But i do believe that only so much protein can be utilized at one time.
no this is utter false bro-science.
Posted via RS Mobile
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #61
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: compuer
Posts: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
oooh
yeshanlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #62
RS Veteran
 
bcrdukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: YYZ / YUL
Posts: 24,826
Thanked 6,596 Times in 2,598 Posts
ooooh

You just got banned.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy
Fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net