REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 09-09-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
Retired moderator

How Much Did The Wedding Cost?

1) When was the wedding?
2) How much was the wedding? (specify any exclusions, dress, etc)
3) What venue and location of wedding?
4) How big was the wedding? Approximate guests attended?
5) Who paid for what? (the bride's parents paid for most of it, both bride & groom halfed it, etc)
6) What quirky wedding rituals (ethnic or not) did you follow?

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません

Last edited by Girl; 09-14-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

is this what you girls think about all the time is getting marry?? what to wear? how big will it be, how big your ring is etc...etc..

for me, that's the last thing on my mine is to go through all that...i've been with my gf for over 8 years..and she bugs me all the time about it cus i don't do anything..it annoys the heck out of me. So bad that it got my family members pressuring me about it.. I know it's selfish of me but like i told her. I can live with you, go travel places and get you the biggest ring i can afford and even get u a dress if u really want it..lol. It's not that i don't wanna get merry but i just dont' see a point of it... I dont need a piece of paper to prove that we're marrry and have to tell the whole world about it..woopy doo. If everything is fine the way it is, then why change it?!? i've seen people getting married at the age of 24 and i'm like wtf.. For me, i'm gonna try to drag it on as long as possible..lol

sorry just wanted to share this, maybe it's just me..haha
ImportXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-10-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
^^
I see your point but for some people that status is important. Until your married she will always just be your gf and not your wife regardless if your life together resembles a married life.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

if you keep putting it off, she may leave you to find someone who is willing to get married
ImpactZ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-11-2011, 09:04 AM   #5
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

1) When was the wedding? 2010
2) How much was the wedding? (specify any exclusions, dress, etc) everything included... probably around 18k-21k lol i'm not sure i know its in and around that but all i had to do was help pick the menu and show up haha
3) What venue and location of wedding? disneyland rose court garden/California
4) How big was the wedding? small/medium ?
5) Approximate guests attended?50
6) What quirky wedding rituals (ethnic or not) did you follow? nothing lol

Last edited by pintoBC_3sgte; 09-11-2011 at 10:48 AM.
pintoBC_3sgte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportXxX View Post
If everything is fine the way it is, then why change it?!?
Therein lies the root of disagreement and the beginnings of quiet resentment.

You think that "everything is fine the way that it is"; evidently, if your girlfriend is always bugging you about getting married, then everything is NOT fine the way that it is.

"Fine" is a subjective assessment of the status quo usually arrived at by two distinct parties who are under no compulsion to agree with each other.

Contrary to your assessment, everything may not be fine.

IMHO, some girls need a sense of commitment, security, belonging, longevity, whatever you want to call it, and getting married is the realization of that need.

Anyways, I digressed from the OP's question.
adrnlnrush00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #7
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
1) When was the wedding?
4) How big was the wedding?
5) Approximate guests attended?
(1) August 2010
(2) Upwards of $40K but I have never actually sat down to count every penny
(3) Queen Elizabeth's Celebration Pavilion for the ceremony and Westwood Plateau for the reception
(4) I don't know what you're exactly asking here; you've addressed how many guests in question #5 so what do you mean how "big"?
(5) 100 at ceremony; 200 at reception
(6) At the request of my parents, we had the typical tea ceremony in the morning; everything was pretty typical. Western style ceremony with the "I do's" during the afternoon; buffet dinner in the evening that was non-Asian. My parents wanted the typical Asian seafood restaurant but the wife and I were adamant that we are not doing the typical Asian wedding. In the end, everybody loved the food at Westwood and nobody was disappointed.

The wedding day went by fast but it was one of the most memorable days of my life.

To expand on my point made in my earlier post, getting married is not just for the bridal couple. In many families and cultures, getting married is a family affair and it is as much a celebration for family as it is for the bridal couple - sometimes, the celebration is even more so for the family.
adrnlnrush00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #8
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

1) When was the wedding? Sept 09
2) How much was the wedding? Around 20k, everything included
3) What venue and location of wedding? Surrey Golf Course
4) How big was the wedding? I would consider it medium size
5) Approximate guests attended? 130 at reception
6) What quirky wedding rituals (ethnic or not) did you follow? None
Old 09-12-2011, 04:46 PM   #9
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
1) 7 years ago
2) 13K
3) Fort Langley Community Hall
4) Average white person wedding, 120
5) We did, saved first then got married.
6) None I can think of.

My wife was actually really good at getting stuff on the cheap and shopping around. She found us all the best deals, we did it a reasonable price and were able to pay for it all without going in to debt which was huge. It wasn't anything over the top, I like the reception hall it had a lot of character. The food was well done as well.

Edited for new question

Reception hall

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 09-14-2011 at 04:25 PM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

1) When was the wedding? - August 2008
2) How much was the wedding? (specify any exclusions, dress, etc) ~$35k edit: all paid by myself/wife
3) What venue and location of wedding? Mayfair Lakes in Richmond
4) How big was the wedding? large
5) Approximate guests attended? ~200
6) What quirky wedding rituals (ethnic or not) did you follow?[/QUOTE] had the games in the morning where the groom (me) had to perform several tasks in order to have access to my bride, tea ceremony with family, games during wedding reception

Last edited by Jermyzy; 09-15-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #11
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

1) When was the wedding? Dec 2007
2) How much was the wedding? (specify any exclusions, dress, etc) 40K
4) How big was the wedding? medium
5) Approximate guests attended? 120
6) What quirky wedding rituals (ethnic or not) did you follow? Asian, nearly froze my balls off as it was single digits temp and I was wearing single layer clothes in rainy Vancouver weather for 4 hours
There is a time when you have to sig a post.

It just happened.
wouwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #12
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

1) When was the wedding? May 2008
2) How much was the wedding? (specify any exclusions, dress, etc) $45K
3) What venue and location of wedding? Chapel @ Stanley Park, Reception @ La Terrazza
4) How big was the wedding? Medium i guess
5) Approximate guests attended? 135
6) What quirky wedding rituals (ethnic or not) did you follow? None.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #13
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportXxX View Post
is this what you girls think about all the time is getting marry?? what to wear? how big will it be, how big your ring is etc...etc..

for me, that's the last thing on my mine is to go through all that...i've been with my gf for over 8 years..and she bugs me all the time about it cus i don't do anything..it annoys the heck out of me. So bad that it got my family members pressuring me about it.. I know it's selfish of me but like i told her. I can live with you, go travel places and get you the biggest ring i can afford and even get u a dress if u really want it..lol. It's not that i don't wanna get merry but i just dont' see a point of it... I dont need a piece of paper to prove that we're marrry and have to tell the whole world about it..woopy doo. If everything is fine the way it is, then why change it?!? i've seen people getting married at the age of 24 and i'm like wtf.. For me, i'm gonna try to drag it on as long as possible..lol

sorry just wanted to share this, maybe it's just me..haha
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:45 AM   #14
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,185 Posts
Wow am I the first person to post who had a reception in a Chinese restaurant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
1) When was the wedding?
4) How big was the wedding?
5) Approximate guests attended?
1) "Ceremony": September 2004; Dinner Reception: December 2004
2) ~20k for dinner reception
3) Sea Harbour in Richmond (Day #2 after their renovation)
4) Nothing fancy.
5) 120 people
6) Tea ceremony, that's about it.

Edit: Groom's parents paid for dinner reception.

In September, I had a marriage commissioner come to our house after work where we exchanged vows and got married. Then we had dinner with both families & 2 friends (witnesses) that night at the restaurant ("yut dong heen") on the 2nd floor of the complex on the corner of Cambie & Alderbridge - the place we also arranged to have our dinner reception later in December.

One week before the reception, my mom happened to see fire trucks in action outside the restaurant. I nearly had a heart attack when my mom phoned me at work to say "uh, restaurant's on fire!" Fortunately, we were able to move our reception to Sea Harbour within one week...

As for the original restaurant, arson was suspected, and this restaurant has never re-opened since the incident.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi

Last edited by Gumby; 09-15-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #15
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Can there be an edit in the OPs post as to WHO PAID for the wedding, ie. bride, groom, shared, parents etc.

I would love to here as to who paid. Thanks!
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #16
Retired moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndude69 View Post
Can there be an edit in the OPs post as to WHO PAID for the wedding, ie. bride, groom, shared, parents etc.

I would love to here as to who paid. Thanks!
Done, updated the questions and combined the # of guests and size of wedding.

Didn't know so many people were married & for so long here...wou wou i thought you were still in college! LOL

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Old 09-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #17
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,452 Times in 146 Posts
1) When was the wedding? March 2010
2) How much was the wedding? Free, Thanks Virgin Radio!
3) What venue and location of wedding? Ceremony at Revs Bowling, reception at Watermark @ Kits beach.
4) How big was the wedding? Approximate guests attended? about 200-300 family, friends and strangers
5) Who paid for what? Radio station paid for everything
6) What quirky wedding rituals (ethnic or not) did you follow? none. But we did have to do/wear etc what ever the listeners picked. Pretty rediculous!

Little different than everyone else.

Last edited by jepho; 09-14-2011 at 08:03 PM.
jepho is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #18
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
^^That's awesome!!!

I guess I'm lucky that my GF (and her mom) doesn't care about a big wedding. She just wants the ring and her mom wants more grandkids. My cousin just got married to a brown/white girl (big family) and they ended up with like 400 guests with a $40k tab on their dime.

Unfortunately, me being Filipino and her being Chinese means we can't really have a small reception (sub 100 guests) without offending some family.

Thinking about a destination wedding.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #19
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
1) Coming up in October..
2) We're budgeting about 60K including weddings bands (excludes engagement ring)
3) Ceremony: Broadmoor Baptist, Banquet: Sun Sui Wah, Main St.
4) ~400
5) We're paying about half, my parents are paying about half
6) Following all the standard Canto traditions, pig day, door knocking, parents buy me a suit, tea ceremony, etc
Old 09-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #20
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
1) Less than 2 weeks ago
2) Cost of the show: less than 18K. Including everything but rings
3) Brockhouse for both the outdoor ceremony and reception
4) about 80 people attended.
5) My parents contributed 5k, even though they said they wouldn't shell out anything. Her parents forked over 8k, and my wife covered around 5k. Spending almost 8k on the rings was enough contribution from me.
6) I'm Chinese. She's Arabic. We're Christian. We kept it simple. Quick ceremony. Sign the license. Bam. We both agreed that anything more would just cause more stress than we cared for. I think we were done in 10 minutes.

Since the wedding was originally going to be covered by the brides side, then her side had a majority of the list. My parents and their close friends had one table, and then another 2 tables for my close friends. 6 tables for her family.

It was an incredible wedding. It was on a sunny, warm, September, Thursday evening. All the guests were happy and well fed. Brockhouse food was off the hook. We had an awesome photographer. I have to admit: I had a lot of fun. Although, As someone that has been through planning and presenting a wedding, I have to say that it's not worth it. Not worth it at all. Even though I tried to remove myself from the assembly, I kept getting dragged in because getting my wife's family to do something is a fucking gong show. I had to yell at people, and I didn't like that. The only thing that makes it remotely worth it, is making my honey happy.

One cute thing I'll always remember is when we were getting our photos taken at the gold doors across from harbor center, it attracted a group of more than a dozen young asian tourists. They gathered behind the photog and started snapping pictures too! Then the bus came and almost ran them all over. LOL. Also, lots of congratulations from random passer-bys. That really made the bride happy

Last edited by Presto; 09-18-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:13 AM   #21
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

1) July 2010
2) Over $80K
3) Ryerson for the ceremony, SSW Main street for reception
4) 370
5) Shared cost... but i was pretty stressed.. lol !
6) Pig Ceremony before, tea ceremony, after wedding ceremony.... lol...

FREAKSHOW.... GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BUDGET and you maxed out SSW.. LOL... Are they giving you the room in the back too ??? it's going to be cramp...
Old 09-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #22
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup View Post
1) July 2010
2) Over $80K
3) Ryerson for the ceremony, SSW Main street for reception
4) 370
5) Shared cost... but i was pretty stressed.. lol !
6) Pig Ceremony before, tea ceremony, after wedding ceremony.... lol...

FREAKSHOW.... GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BUDGET and you maxed out SSW.. LOL... Are they giving you the room in the back too ??? it's going to be cramp...
Actually, the banquet will be 380, which is SSW's max, the ceremony has a few more people coming, so it's around 380-400. We pretty much had no other options for quality food at that size.. i almost think i should just quit my job to handle the last few weeks! haha
Old 09-21-2011, 09:54 AM   #23
Rs has made me the man i am today!

1) When was the wedding? Umm a couple of dates. April 26th 2010 for my Henna, May 15th 2010 for the Religious Wedding in New Zealand, June 6th 2010 for the Reception in Vancouver.
2) How much was the wedding? Close to 80k with all the traveling costs, venues, clothes, gifts, etc
3) What venue and location of wedding? Again multiple locations and countries..lol
4) How big was the wedding? Approximate guests attended?
5) Who paid for what? 50/50 between families
6) What quirky wedding rituals (ethnic or not) did you follow? Henna=Cultural.
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 05:18 PM   #24
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
Why do you ask Girl? are you and alatar getting married soon?
guddagudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #25
Retired moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by guddagudd View Post
Why do you ask Girl? are you and alatar getting married soon?
What do you mean Gudda? I'm still saving myself for you *blushies*

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません